• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So to me that means both ways to use it should work amazing.
Chuck a jeep badge on a Panda 500 and call it a 4wd does not mean it can rock crawl, nearly every dry herb vape says it can vape concentrate too, they can but are usually crap at doing it. The Switch is the opposite, it is a concentrate vape that sort of works with flower from what I have read here, I really do want one but I doubt I will ever use flower in it, too many other people have trouble getting the smokey smell out of everything!
That said not everyone vapes dry herb so it is good for cone combustors but this is FC.

Kins

I have good vapes for flower alread
Chuck a jeep badge on a Panda 500 and call it a 4wd does not mean it can rock crawl, nearly every dry herb vape says it can vape concentrate too, they can but are usually crap at doing it. The Switch is the opposite, it is a concentrate vape that sort of works with flower from what I have read here, I really do want one but I doubt I will ever use flower in it, too many other people have trouble getting the smokey smell out of everything!
That said not everyone vapes dry herb so it is good for cone combustors but this is FC.

I used to combust and that bowl is way too small. You'll only get 2-3 hits per bowl, so not my style. That smokey smell I would be upset with because I did quit combusting and it's been at least 4 months now. Maybe more but I've lost count.

DabberChase

Company Rep
Sorry I was MIA. For some reason I was not getting my usual email notifactions when someone mentions me. No worries though, I am here now.

The switch vapor path doesn't go through electronics or plastic, or does it?....

All of our eRigs offer a completely glass vapor pathway. We think this is extremely important with our units.

I think someone put a curse on me and don't want me to enjoy my Swich.

After the delays with the missing package from Cream City Vapes, I finally got my package from Dr Dabber with my Electro ball attachment and my Bubble cap.

Tell me @DabberChase do you have a lot of faith that the shipping department did a good job wrapping all this glass so that it can reach me without anymore troubles?

This is what I saw when I opened the door to get my package:

View attachment 2238

Unfortunately, we did not ship this. If items are purchased from a 3rd party, we are unable to help out much with shipping issues.

Dr. Dabber used to provide their glass pieces in nice foam-lined boxes, like this:
VKYiHFIm_o.jpg

Unfortunately, now they ship their expensive glass in bubble wrap. Packaging matters.

We will be putting all Switch glass attachments in boxes and foam inserts moving forward. We had an issue with our box manufacturer during Covid, but we have resolved this and will be moving back to boxes from here on out.

There have been a ton of questions about flower, so I will just give a general overview. Flower will not combust in the Switch unit, but it can taste and feel like combustion in the higher heat settings. Pyrolysis and all that jazz. We recommend starting in the low 400s with flower for a more traditional vapor experience. Lower temps will give little to no vapor, especially if filtered through water, but you will still feel the effects. Higher heat settings will give more of a bong like effect and heavy head and body highs. When I say bong like effect, I mean it will pretty much vaporize your material until nothing but carbon is left. We recommend stirring induction cups between heating cycles to get an even vape on your materials. We also recommend starting low temp and working your way up to find the best temp for your personal needs. You may want to empty the ABV out after about 2 cycles in if you want to stick to the traditional vaping method. The more heat cycles you run it through, the darker your ABV will become.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will def be checking back more often.

Now for the real reason I came to say hello!!! Coming November 2020.

Last edited:

Kins

Sorry I was MIA. For some reason I was not getting my usual email notifactions when someone mentions me. No worries though, I am here now.

All of our eRigs offer a completely glass vapor pathway. We think this is extremely important with our units.

Unfortunately, we did not ship this. If items are purchased from a 3rd party, we are unable to help out much with shipping issues.

We will be putting all Switch glass attachments in boxes and foam inserts moving forward. We had an issue with our box manufacturer during Covid, but we have resolved this and will be moving back to boxes from here on out.

There have been a ton of questions about flower, so I will just give a general overview. Flower will not combust in the Switch unit, but it can taste and feel like combustion in the higher heat settings. Pyrolysis and all that jazz. We recommend starting in the low 400s with flower for a more traditional vapor experience. Lower temps will give little to no vapor, especially if filtered through water, but you will still feel the effects. Higher heat settings will give more of a bong like effect and heavy head and body highs. When I say bong like effect, I mean it will pretty much vaporize your material until nothing but carbon is left. We recommend stirring induction cups between heating cycles to get an even vape on your materials. We also recommend starting low temp and working your way up to find the best temp for your personal needs. You may want to empty the ABV out after about 2 cycles in if you want to stick to the traditional vaping method. The more heat settings you run it through, the darker your ABV will become.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will def be checking back more often.

Now for the real reason I came to say hello!!! Coming November 2020.

I love heavy head and body highs. That's one of the main things I miss about combustion. When I first started I made an entire thread about it. Was turned off by all the people complaining of combustion with the Switch. Meanwhile this device could be something that I could finally settle down with.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Tips for Fadespace s-tier insert in this?

I was liking temp1-3 on the stock ceramic, and loved the quick heatup, and huge battery life... but am less than impressed playing with crystal mode and the s-tier... Takes forever to heat up and I feel like I can taste the Ti crucible?

Using cyan5~green2 depending on how much material... way higher than I would like tbh, but I just cannot get great results using anything less...

Curious of others' thoughts!

Putricio

Just pre-ordered a RED Switch. Just wanted to know what are the must have accessories and goodies I need. What glass is the way to go for concentrates.
If I could make a suggestion: Use it for a month as it comes in the box and see how you like it. I bought a Switch and bought the Hive Ball water piece, a quartz cup, and a SiC cup. It turns out I love the Switch with just what comes with it in the box. The ceramic coated cup, and the included water piece are great. I don’t even used advanced mode. I use on the 3rd highest “non-advanced” temperature and it’s great. The self cleaning mode is awesome for the ceramic coated cup. After a month, if you want to try other accessories, then by all means, purchase them. Just give it some time before you spend your hard-earned money.

kes

I have had my Switch now for awhile. I read through this entire thread before purchase as well as seeking any other reviews and comments on them.

I will undoubtedly forget my point and ramble but a couple recent posts prompt my commentary (is support and concurrence)

1. Dr Dabber customer support is great. Very responsive and responsible. they will reply, will answer questions and will make the effort to make their customer happy.

2. Yes - the unit works great with concentrate.

3. Yes the unit works with flower - I think the unit gets a bad rap when it comes to flower. Read chases comments just prior to my post. he is not trying to lead you astray. Try your temperatures. experiment. enjoy. Just because it can go to 800 degrees doesn't mandate you do it. i personally use blue 2 through blue 4. i've gone to cyan to try but find no great benefit. at blue 2 I often get no strong vapor to watch but i certainly know I was dosed with medicine. at 2 and three i haven't even observed the darker pyrolysis abb. at blue 4 i will have more of a visual (if you must have a cloud cycan 1 can help you) and as chace states, the more I hit it the darker the abb will get. if you let it go till it gets dark you can also get some of the odor folks mentioned. If your a child of the 60's the odor won't bother you but you can avoid it if desired with a little practice and self control. i actually think i can almost tell when it is going to head into the next phase toward pyrolysis. say i stay on blue 3 or 4. or even cyan 1. there will be a hit where i get now real results and then the next hit will start to give more vapor. the next few will give even more vapor and will start to give the odor as well. just some comments where no one brings it up too much. can you get flavor. Yes I think you do. is the flavor more robust in another unit. possibly...I think I may get a better taste of individual turps or the plants profile in one of my conduction vaporizers . and i can always use that if I'm in fine wine tasting mode. But this works with flower and does fine. i'm a flavor hound but since getting the switch i find i still reach for it anyway just for the fun of using it.

4. i don't see many mention the cover that ships with the unit. if you use flower. use the cover.

5. take the time to try the various temperatures and use the variation offered in temperature by the advanced mode. I personally don't use super high temps with concentrate either.

6. this is a repeat but i think important. Just because the unit is capable of going to 800 degrees does not obligate you to do it. i see many critical of the flower or unit are the ones that crank the temperature all the way up. what do they want from flower at 800F? maybe they don't make the comment on another device because it can't get anywhere near that temp.

7. no atomizers or wearable parts to replace. though you can certainly have spare cups in your arsenal if you wish. the induction heating is just awesome. I like the air flow of a convection heater but this is awesome . And fast.

8. read the post shortly before mine on trying the parts that came with the unit for a time before determining the need , desire or urgency to change out, customize or augment. I too find the OEM glass quite fine. though I'm sure I would enjoy additional glass had I not landed in my current financial situation. the comments about fouling of the fingers in the OEM has not happened to me and i learned that over time the orifice or ports were increased in size to mitigate the potential to foul. if you're concerned with funds , as I am, just get the switch and use it. enjoy it. it will work. when you calculate the cost of atomizer replacements the differential shrinks quickly. That said, if you can spring for the ball cap (the least expensive cap), do it. that improves the airflow exponentially. I did and i didn't realize how much it meant till I broke mine while trying to diagnose a problem with their tech support and had to use the one that came with it. i don't like the one that comes with it. I also got a quartz cup but in all honesty haven't even used it yet. I use the titanium ones that come with it.

9 the cleaning cycle works very well (using the OEM titanium cups)

One of the things that pushed me over the edge to purchase was the customer support. they were very patient prior to purchase.

I'm tired now. i'd go on some but think i covered things. i merely wanted to go into the flower side a bit since i never saw that mentioned very often. if i ha ve settings correct I can respond to questions or concerns.

Shorter version. "I used to use my tools to take my medicine. Now I take my medicine to use my switch"

LesPlenty

Company Rep
if you want to try other accessories, then by all means, purchase them
spring for the ball cap
I see this so often Dr Dabber should ditch the original carb cap and have the ball cap as standard. I have been dwelling on getting a Switch with all the accessories at once due to shipping costs but that gets very expensive quickly.
I might just grab a base model with a ball cap come Black Friday as I am not getting any younger!

Last edited:

kes

I put it off a very long time. due to my surgery and situation spending the funds was not the logical thing to do. I am of the opinion the ball cap would indeed be a better item to include as stock. possibly Dr Dabber prefers the current included item as necessary for the glass dab tool though i can't see me as being capable of using it as that.

the included one makes it very difficult for me to draw. it has a small intake and the hole is at the top on the flat part that seals against the gasket. the ball is much more free to draw. if you prefer restriction just use your finger on the hole.

the ball sends the air through a tube and is closer to the bucket. you can also move it to alter flow path. the oem lets the small amount of air in at the very top of the chamber and does not allow you to direct it. I don't feel that it provides good flow to and over the bucket. though I'd need a means to tag or show the air path it creates to prove that.

the shipping is a good point. if we know there is something in our desire list that won't come up to the free shipping amount it is prudent i suppose to get in one Feld swoop. I too waited for a sales event to bring things down some. there is some merit possibly to getting the kit if you think you will want most of the items anyway. the added savings of that may bring in an extra item or the price down.

i had on my list the switch, the ball cap, a quartz cup, i had wanted an SIC cup, a mat and possibly the budder cutter. but my eyes quickly raise the price and i return to what will get me off the ground and let me see how much I like the unit. i ended up going for switch , ball cap, and quartz.

i think that i'm the type that would "get into" the clear body switch if it still existed. i'd enjoy being able to see its "guts".

i don't know how realistic this would be but as I was researching it and hearing all the flower comments I got to a point where i said to myself that some people pay high prices to get an induction heater for their dyna vaps. I know I'd someday like a dynavap. if I absolutely hated it for flower , I could eventually get a dynavap . If I did I'd already have an induction heater that includes a nice nightlight and can really "honk" with any concentrate I could feed it. (i always find interesting ways to justify spending money i really don't have - and the idea of an ongoing expense to replace atomizers as well as the possibility of a failed atomizer and no spare both disturbed me). i really don't know how handy it would be at that task now knowing i'd have to turn it on, insert the dyna, then press the fire button . But i have read it would do it.

Last edited:

Putricio

I need to add to my post. I agree about the standard carb cap that comes with the Switch. I’m not a fan of it. The first after-purchase I would make would be one of the upgraded carb caps that Dr. Dabber sells.

DabberChase

Company Rep
I see this so often Dr Dabber should ditch the original carb cap and have the ball cap as standard. I have been dwelling on getting a Switch with all the accessories at once due to shipping costs but that gets very expensive quickly.

I need to add to my post. I agree about the standard carb cap that comes with the Switch. I’m not a fan of it

We have heard your feedback and are actively making changes now. If you check out our limited edition Red Switch, you will notice that it comes with a new and improved standard carb cap. We are happy to announce that all new Switch units moving forward will come with this new cap design as well. This change will go in to effect around late November on our website. Unfortunately, we will not be offering free upgrades to this cap when it arrives, but we will sell it separately if you are interested. You will also notice that we will be including a new dab tool with the Red Switch. We will have a similar dab tool in the standard Switch kits as well.

Thank you again for all the feedback. We hear you!

DabberChase

Company Rep
@DabberChase - user @kes mentioned above, possibly using Switch to heat a vapcap. Didn't you replace Troy's Switch after he tried this on a livestream?

No haha. We have heard that you can use the Switch to heat VapCaps, but we do not recommend this and cannot give accurate information on 3rd party items.

DabberChase,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
This change will go in to effect around late November on our website.
Hopefully in time for the Black Friday deals.
Are there any plans for Dr. Dabber selling the carb cap that comes with the red Switch separately
3 posts above yours with you mentioned in the reply,
Unfortunately, we will not be offering free upgrades to this cap when it arrives, but we will sell it separately if you are interested.

ChooChooCharlie

@DabberChase - I found the Troy & Jerry livestream I had recalled, when Troy mentioned his Dyna disaster

It's near beginning at 3:13

Troy: I've used it to heat my DynaVap tips...and, uh, that also broke my Switch, my Switch failed when I was heating DynaVap tips
Jerry: Oh, not recommended then
Troy: Yeah, I don't recommend it there
Jerry: No doin that then, guys, yikes

@kes , hope this helps you and others from making the same mistake

It's a very informative, and generally positive Switch discussion

DabberChase

Company Rep
As I mentioned before, I do not recommend this haha. If you do try this, make sure there is an induction cup in the unit as well.

DabberChase,
Reactions: LesPlenty

stickstones

Vapor concierge
We have heard your feedback and are actively making changes now. If you check out our limited edition Red Switch, you will notice that it comes with a new and improved standard carb cap. We are happy to announce that all new Switch units moving forward will come with this new cap design as well. This change will go in to effect around late November on our website. Unfortunately, we will not be offering free upgrades to this cap when it arrives, but we will sell it separately if you are interested. You will also notice that we will be including a new dab tool with the Red Switch. We will have a similar dab tool in the standard Switch kits as well.

Thank you again for all the feedback. We hear you!

YES!!!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
1604457079704.png
Just got this email and thought 'Now might br the time' but they are already sold out on Premium bundles and any decent glass, any chance of a restock before the sale ends @DabberChase?

LesPlenty,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Just got this email and thought 'Now might br the time' but they are already sold out on Premium bundles and any decent glass, any chance of a restock before the sale ends @DabberChase?

Yes!!! Most of the bundles are out of stock as most of the glass is out of stock. No worries though, we are expecting a ton of Switch glass to arrive any day now. We will have most Switch glass and bundles back on the site before the sale ends. This sale will be going on all month long!

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Is there any other difference between the black and red edition than the color (and maybe carb cap and dab tool) ?

Thick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom