• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Is anybody using this as a daily driver, and can you get cloudy vapor and strong effects? Is there a glass piece that is superior to the other?

I don't use anything every day, but the Switch is what I reach for when dabbing...especially if there is a true need. When I need to have meds ready in the middle of the night, I'll pack up the Switch with a dab in the chamber, and I'm one button-push and a few seconds away from relief.

Morberis

Is anybody using this as a daily driver, and can you get cloudy vapor and strong effects? Is there a glass piece that is superior to the other?

I also use this as a daily driver and my girlfriend uses it for pain relief. I use both the default glass and the ball attachment. Both work great, if you don't want to spend the money you definitely don't need the Pacifica attachment.

I really do recommend the directional carb cap from Dr Dab though. There is definitely a huge difference especially in amount of vapor produced.

The default inserts it comes with as well also work fine, but I have some quartz coming in but everyone who has tried it says it's already one of the best if not the best units they've used. I do like having a rotation of a few inserts though. 2 live in my iso jar, 1 lives in storage, and then one stays in the unit. That way if I feel like switching out to something else I have options. If you have people over you might find that you are using 2 or rarely 3 inserts. If someone likes they're strong indica, someone likes their sativa, and then someone wants a mix. Judge based on your friends.

I've had several people who use heavily take 30 second shots on the highest levels and get right messed up. If 1 doesn't do ya 2 definitely will.

For the comfort of your lungs though I would recommend more hits at a lower temperature.

If you don't have money to burn just get the normal kit from Dr Dab kit and make sure your first upgrade is the carb cap.

Last edited:

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Thanks so much for all the tips. I got all hyped up on a new rig that just came out and purchased it. My concentrates land inside the atomizer a lot. The first atomizer lasted seven days. I am through with atomizer’s.

hd_rider

I just received my ball attachment and directional carb cap for my Switch. Although the DrDab website has a short video of the pieces in action, there really isn't anything else of note.

Can anyone provide some tips on how to best use these pieces? How much water should I use?

hd_rider,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

DabberChase

Company Rep
Can anyone provide some tips on how to best use these pieces? How much water should I use?

We recommend filling the Ball glass attachment just above the bottom chamber. Photo for reference.

https://ibb.co/599yS2f

We recommend slowly spinning your Directional Cap while in use. Long slow drags for best results. You can use your finger to adjust the flow of air by slightly or fully covering the intake hole.

Here is a good video of this cap and glass attachment in use.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAN4EIhi12/

LAWTHEONE

This deal is too tempting! I’m pulling the trigger! ATOMIZER FREE AT LAST!!! :love:

Hopefully this thing hits harder that the Carta & Peak? Can anyone let me know?

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Its like 50 mm. It almost looks like evo with giant glass joint instead of 18mm..

That's exactly what I thought my friend!

Ever since coming up with the "Switch Evolution Adapter" It has completely changed the way I use the Switch! no more seal issues and definitely no more carb cap airflow issues. No carb cap needed, the perfect one is built in and it feels so much more stable with a top mounted rig!
We passed this thing around the hotel all weekend like a damn lightsaber!!! I love my Switch Evolution for real, this thing is a beast.

Video here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfZU67norV/

Purchase here
https://mrbonsai.net/collections/frontpage/products/dr-dabber-switch-evolution-adapters

2d7fxiu.jpg

14bth8z.jpg

LAWTHEONE

Finally purchased the switch with the directional flow carb cap. Purchased it last night got the shipping information this morning.
I’ll definitely need to have this switch evolution in my arsenal. I’m going to have to wait a few weeks. If I saw this earlier I probably wouldn’t have got the directional cap.
That's exactly what I thought my friend!

Ever since coming up with the "Switch Evolution Adapter" It has completely changed the way I use the Switch! no more seal issues and definitely no more carb cap airflow issues. No carb cap needed, the perfect one is built in and it feels so much more stable with a top mounted rig!
We passed this thing around the hotel all weekend like a damn lightsaber!!! I love my Switch Evolution for real, this thing is a beast.

Video here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfZU67norV/

Purchase here
https://mrbonsai.net/collections/frontpage/products/dr-dabber-switch-evolution-adapters

2d7fxiu.jpg

14bth8z.jpg

Morberis

Woah. Those are made of 3D printed plastic. I would not trust bioplastic not to release fumes at the temperatures it will experience. Bioplastic still release fumes when burnt. Just look up the health effects of PLA fumes.

I would totally buy one if it was glass though .

Just got my quartz insert and yeah it is different. It is better but I still think the directional cap makes a bigger difference.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Woah. Those are made of 3D printed plastic. I would not trust bioplastic not to release fumes at the temperatures it will experience. Bioplastic still release fumes when burnt. Just look up the health effects of PLA fumes.

I would totally buy one if it was glass though .

Just got my quartz insert and yeah it is different. It is better but I still think the directional cap makes a bigger difference.

I hear your concern and have been doing quite a bit of research and temperature exposure testing. Not to mention I have been using one for months now and it has barely gotten warm at all with normal use. These are currently being made with PET, which is food safe, fairly heat resistant, and has superior chemical resistance to ABS. But I also had great luck with both my PLA and ABS models of this unit. I didn't want to use ABS due to the potential of styrene off-gassing, which even though it doesn't happen at these temps, I didn't want to risk it. You mentioned PLA in particular, that is plant-based and even when heated way passed it's melting point, where your adapter would be completely destroyed, you would only off-gas lactide which is low on the harm scale in the first place. BUT that is at full printing/melting temperature, at the temperatures, this thing is used at testing shows no harmful off-gassing whatsoever. All MSDS sheets and info I have gathered confirm reports that there is no off-gassing or harmful fumes anywhere near the temperatures this adapter will be used at. But to each his own and this isn't basic PLA anyway.

I am constantly trying and tweaking things if anyone has any ideas I am more than happy to test the idea and find an even better solution. I know a lot of people use ABS for things that get warmer, and that is an available option too, but with the lower temp use items, I felt safest with this. Although with the extreme temps it takes for ABS to off-gas, I would be ok with it too. I felt that PETG would give me the best of both worlds and seems like the best material for this use.

I do have a borosilicate prototype I had created, but when I realized it didn't get hot and I could improve performance through precise airflow and 3d modeling I started talking to knowledgable people about materials. I have made them out of several food safe and different heat resistant materials trying to settle on one, but even after back to back, to back dabs, then purposely hitting the cleaning cycle until it goes into cool down and I still could get the adapter barely warm, let alone temperatures will it would melt or off-gas.
I do have a boro one that I could put into production, it works almost as well, unfortunately, it was over $100 to have made and not many people seemed interested at that price point.

Last edited:

DabberChase

Company Rep
I’m at a loss for words!!! This thing is on a whole different level from the Peak & Carta!

Now I am intrigued. I know you are "at a loss for words", but do you mind elaborating? We love to hear detailed feedback from our customers.

Happy Dabbing!!! :ko:

DabberChase,

LAWTHEONE

ABSOLUTELY!

Where do I start? First off the Switch feels like a high-quality piece of machinery when I’m holding it and operating it. The Peak and the Carta feel like a toy from the dollar store. Secondly i’ve blown through ZERO ATOMIZERS :clap:!!!. My material never leaked no matter if I have a grain of sand or a glob, No atomizer’s is saving me money already. The switch is so customizable, there is a preset for everybody and you can customize it even deeper with colors heat up times and more. The battery life is fantastic I’ve gone through a ton of dabs and haven’t recharge yet. I’ve only used the directional carb cap so far and with it I get huge powerful potent clouds every time! My quartz buckets taste great aren’t getting charged up and Have been relatively easy to clean. I haven’t felt hits like this since my NewVape Showerhead! I’ve taken it with me outside in the car and to my friends house, yes it’s very portable just not very discreet. I wanted something that was durable portable and hit like a real Rig.

I’m just pissed that there aren’t more people screaming about their positive experiences. If there were I would’ve had this last year. I have no idea how it works with dry herb, and I have no interest. I wasted a lot of TIME ENERGY and MONEY looking past this device before giving it a shot. I am going to try it with the regular carb To see if there is a major change from the directional carb cap.

I wanna thank all of the forum members that gave me insight when I was looking for info on the Switch. And thanks Dr. Dabber For creating such a savage beast product! You have a new customer for life!!!:love:

It’s very early since my purchase but I’m going to test this thing hard and keep posting my results. Hopefully I can prevent people from wasting their money and time all that other junk out there like I had to do.

GET THE DIRECTIONAL CARB CAP & THE SWITCH!!!! You will not regret it unless you enjoy spending hundreds of dollars on atomizers and you like softer Dab Pen like hits! My switch is performing like this right out of the box I don’t need hundreds of dollars $$$ worth of mods to get it to perform.

Oh yeah did I mention I’ve spent zero dollars on atomizers! $0

Last edited:

Snivac

ABSOLUTELY!

Where do I start? First off the Switch feels like a high-quality piece of machinery when I’m holding it and operating it. The Peak and the Carta feel like a toy from the dollar store. Secondly i’ve blown through ZERO ATOMIZERS :clap:!!!. My material never leaked no matter if I have a grain of sand or a glob, No atomizer’s is saving me money already. The switch is so customizable, there is a preset for everybody and you can customize it even deeper with colors heat up times and more. The battery life is fantastic I’ve gone through a ton of dabs and haven’t recharge yet. I’ve only used the directional carb cap so far and with it I get huge powerful potent clouds every time! My quartz buckets taste great aren’t getting charged up and Have been relatively easy to clean. I haven’t felt hits like this since my NewVape Showerhead! I’ve taken it with me outside in the car and to my friends house, yes it’s very portable just not very discreet. I wanted something that was durable portable and hit like a real Rig.

I’m just pissed that there aren’t more people screaming about their positive experiences. If there were I would’ve had this last year. I have no idea how it works with dry herb, and I have no interest. I wasted a lot of TIME ENERGY and MONEY looking past this device before giving it a shot. I am going to try it with the regular carb To see if there is a major change from the directional carb cap.

I wanna thank all of the forum members that gave me insight when I was looking for info on the Switch. And thanks Dr. Dabber For creating such a savage beast product! You have a new customer for life!!!:love:

It’s very early since my purchase but I’m going to test this thing hard and keep posting my results. Hopefully I can prevent people from wasting their money and time all that other junk out there like I had to do.

GET THE DIRECTIONAL CARB CAP & THE SWITCH!!!! You will not regret it unless you enjoy spending hundreds of dollars on atomizers and you like softer Dab Pen like hits! My switch is performing like this right out of the box I don’t need hundreds of dollars $$$ worth of mods to get it to perform.

Wow I wish I wouldn’t have just now run across such glowing reviews of the Switch. Missed all the 20th deals. I’ve been looking at the Carta but hearing quite a few issues and spending $ on atomizers sounds less than ideal.

@DabberChase- Are there any deals coming up in the near future?

DabberChase

Company Rep
Wow I wish I wouldn’t have just now run across such glowing reviews of the Switch. Missed all the 20th deals. I’ve been looking at the Carta but hearing quite a few issues and spending $ on atomizers sounds less than ideal.

@DabberChase- Are there any deals coming up in the near future?

Well you are in luck. We have a special coupon code for customers who missed our sale. Feel free to use the code SPRING420 to receive 20% off your next purchase on our website. This code will not work with our new Switch Directional Cap, but it does work with the Switch Kit and all other accessories. Hurry, because this code expires tomorrow on May 4th..

Edit: I extended this code for you slightly. it now ends on Sunday, May 5th at midnight. I want to make sure you are able to get this discount before we no longer offer it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

joyfullyjobless

I received my 420 switch a few days ago and this device is all that I had hoped it would be. Its well made and designed. The hits are fantastic and I am using such a small amount of product. I cut up a .4 grams into 12 small single hits with the included butter cutter. Before receiving the Switch I ordered the directional cap and a quartz cup because of all the great reviews. I can't wait for the other items to arrive.

I am only using the oil settings. I am using the three yellow lights settings and it is almost perfect. I would like to have a little less heat but two yellow lights is way too cool. So I would like to use the advanced oil settings and I need a starting point. So what advanced oil setting would be the same as three yellow lights in the regular oil setting? I apologize if this has been posted before, but I have not found any written correlation between the regular temperature settings and the advanced settings.

DabberChase

Company Rep
I received my 420 switch a few days ago and this device is all that I had hoped it would be. Its well made and designed. The hits are fantastic and I am using such a small amount of product. I cut up a .4 grams into 12 small single hits with the included butter cutter. Before receiving the Switch I ordered the directional cap and a quartz cup because of all the great reviews. I can't wait for the other items to arrive.

I am only using the oil settings. I am using the three yellow lights settings and it is almost perfect. I would like to have a little less heat but two yellow lights is way too cool. So I would like to use the advanced oil settings and I need a starting point. So what advanced oil setting would be the same as three yellow lights in the regular oil setting? I apologize if this has been posted before, but I have not found any written correlation between the regular temperature settings and the advanced settings.

The standard modes are preset temp settings. I would say the 3 lights in standard mode are about 600 degrees. We do not have exact temps for standard mode, but we do have a temp guide for advanced mode. Feel free to check it out with the link below;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuARlYRHMvs/

I highly recommend heading to advanced mode to get the most out of your unit. I tend to stay in the 560-600 range with my personal Switch unit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

DabberChase,

kente777

ABSOLUTELY!

I loved my Switch so much I bought a 2nd one during 420 sale so I could have the extra glass.

There are only 2 things I don't like about it.

1) The price of the Glass. I just dropped my Ball Attachment in the sink and cracked into a dozen pieces. $100 is a bit pricey for something that could happen again. And, they are always out of stock!

2) I don't like the leaf function on the Switch. Puff-It-Up.com makes it very clear on their website that they "do not recommend" the leaf function. I would definitely agree. While it isn't a deal breaker for me since I bought it strictly for dabbing, it does not provide a true vape experience using dry herb. Even on the absolutely lowest temperature in crystal mode, you get that smokey taste (and smell) as if it takes it just under the point of combustion....and if you're not careful, you will combust the leaf very very quickly -- blacker than black. But hey, if you like that smokey smell and taste, then it works. The medication will be effective, just too close to a smoking experience that I don't use the function.

However, the Switch does waxes and oils incredibly. Battery life is fantastic. I don't agree that it's not portable (Hey Dr. Dabber, how bout making an aluminum case for the Switch), it's just not very discreet....but bringing it to a friend's house or going on a trip with it (which I recently did) is convenient and not cumbersome at all.

I love the accessories to include the Directional Cap and the Bubble cap. Well done, Dr. Dabber! Not a perfect machine, but close enough to it for me.

Shadyguy

First time posting in this thread and hey want to say that the switch is a really great device. I have had it for about two months and the the thing hasn't let me down. I upgraded to the quartz bucket and prefer it to the standard ceramic. The flavor is worth the extra hassle of cleaning the quartz, but the cleaning function for the other is really hard to beat. The lack of atomizer anxiety is a true blessing, you can take hit after hit with no worries of breaking a cheap ceramic heater. Overall the function is great and the build quality is just fine.

However there is always a little room for improvement. The ergonomics of the thing could be improved. It's kind of unwieldy with the giant bottom base although the flared design helps a bit. The carb cap situation leaves a little too be desired. I purchased the bubble cap and received a gasket for it (great service BTW), unfortunately I found the stock experience to be better.

Last couple things are is neither here nor there.. The stock glass seems to build up a lot of reclaim, not sure if the ball attachment improves on this aspect and would like to hear others opinions. Also the colored heating ranges work fine and the advanced mode is advanced enough, but the interaction could be easier with a nice screen, similar to an ecig mod. If Dr Dabber added a screen to a miniaturized 2nd gen switch they could revolutionize the erig market! Usb-c charging and Bluetooth would also be on my wishlist. Goodnight to peak and Carta :tup:

I am going to get the stoney cap when they come back in stock and am looking at the mav glass recycler or ball attachment. Which is better? Any thoughts on sneaky pete vs stock quartz? Are there plans for Ruby or sic or any other bucket upgrades?

pghjd

First time posting in this thread and hey want to say that the switch is a really great device. I have had it for about two months and the the thing hasn't let me down. I upgraded to the quartz bucket and prefer it to the standard ceramic. The flavor is worth the extra hassle of cleaning the quartz, but the cleaning function for the other is really hard to beat. The lack of atomizer anxiety is a true blessing, you can take hit after hit with no worries of breaking a cheap ceramic heater. Overall the function is great and the build quality is just fine.

However there is always a little room for improvement. The ergonomics of the thing could be improved. It's kind of unwieldy with the giant bottom base although the flared design helps a bit. The carb cap situation leaves a little too be desired. I purchased the bubble cap and received a gasket for it (great service BTW), unfortunately I found the stock experience to be better.

Last couple things are is neither here nor there.. The stock glass seems to build up a lot of reclaim, not sure if the ball attachment improves on this aspect and would like to hear others opinions. Also the colored heating ranges work fine and the advanced mode is advanced enough, but the interaction could be easier with a nice screen, similar to an ecig mod. If Dr Dabber added a screen to a miniaturized 2nd gen switch they could revolutionize the erig market! Usb-c charging and Bluetooth would also be on my wishlist. Goodnight to peak and Carta :tup:

I am going to get the stoney cap when they come back in stock and am looking at the mav glass recycler or ball attachment. Which is better? Any thoughts on sneaky pete vs stock quartz? Are there plans for Ruby or sic or any other bucket upgrades?
I've been thinking the same thing. A small screen and some swappable 21700's would take the switch to the next level.

LAWTHEONE

I made To many 420 sale purchases, so I had to cut back in the concentrate area for a few weeks. Now I’m back and the Dr Dabber Switch has been out performing every other Vape I used with concentrates. I can Vape back to back to back as high or low as I want to without any worries about stinking atomizers. I’ve use the shit out of this beast and only charged three times So far.
I love being able to take dabs while watching the game downstairs and then taking it outside to my deck with no cords or hot equipment that could injure myself or someone else. I’m still confused how people don’t understand this thing true potential. I ONLY use concentrates with this device. I reach for this device every time I want a Dab!

DabberChase

Company Rep
Howdy again.

I wanted to check back in and make sure everyone is enjoying their Switch units. Please, feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, I am happy to help.

Furthermore, we are working on a few new accessories/glass attachments as we speak, but we are pretty hush hush about this for now. Keep your eyes open in the near future.

I hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday my dudes. Dab on!!!

LAWTHEONE

I was loving the shit out of my unit! Until I made a bonehead move and put my unit on the floor when I was toasted. My size 15 foot always knock shit over thats on the floor that’s why I never put anything on the floor. Well sure enough on the floor for 30 seconds and boom I kick it over, percolator busted to pieces. My heart shattered just like my glass!

Having a huge party coming up and I was going to be displaying the fuck out of this bad boy but unfortunately I’m gonna have to wait because all my money is tied up for my sons graduation party! I will see you again soon dear friend LOL :cry:

LAWTHEONE,
Top Bottom