Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Hey I just recently got a switch of my own, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts in regards to swabbing the quartz right after your dab like you would a regular banger or is that not recommended?

aarondsobson,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Hey I just recently got a switch of my own, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts in regards to swabbing the quartz right after your dab like you would a regular banger or is that not recommended?

Yes, we recommend giving all inductions cups a quick cotton swab after each use. This will help preserve the flavor and lifespan of these parts. Treat your quartz induction cup the same way you would treat any quartz banger/insert.

Check out our Switch knowledge base for more tips and tricks;

https://drdabber.helpscoutdocs.com/article/98-switch-support

I do a qtip swab and mop it after each cycle, while warm, to maintain cleanliness. Then torch them clean as needed.

^ This :clap:

Awesome appreciate the tip! I also just had one other question, has anyone tried putting terp beads in their quartz insert? I saw eternal quartz sells 4mm sapphire ones to go with their quartz switch insert. My local head shop is selling 4mm quartz ones so I was wondering if those would work? Also would it work with the stock cap or would you need a directional one?Thanks a lot everyone!

aarondsobson,

jsnstanley

Yes (3) 4mm beads will set on the bottom of the insert. I don’t feel they really add anything but surface area and added maintenance. But fun to experiment with. The inserts from external are nice and thick, I like the ’Tall’ version. I didn’t see any resulting difference using different carb caps… stock, bubble & directional. Diggin’ the Dr. Dabber directional cap now for sure. I’ve tried many Chinese carb caps that work fine but are thin and light. This new one offered has substantial weight and digs way down to the rim of the inserts. I’m having a good overall experience with this although I shunned away initially due to the cost.

jsnstanley,
Yes (3) 4mm beads will set on the bottom of the insert. I don’t feel they really add anything but surface area and added maintenance. But fun to experiment with. The inserts from external are nice and thick, I like the ’Tall’ version. I didn’t see any resulting difference using different carb caps… stock, bubble & directional. Diggin’ the Dr. Dabber directional cap now for sure. I’ve tried many Chinese carb caps that work fine but are thin and light. This new one offered has substantial weight and digs way down to the rim of the inserts. I’m having a good overall experience with this although I shunned away initially due to the cost.
So would you say the directional cap has made the overall experience better or same as always? Also were the beads able to spin in the cup? I didn't think there would be enough room

aarondsobson,

jsnstanley

I like the cap. Works well. Nice draw. Enhanced flavor. Heavy, Seals well, Doesn’t get bumped off. Better but not necessary. The beads as far as I can tell don’t really move around much. Tough you can’t see them during cycle. Only their position before/after the draw.

jsnstanley,

hd_rider

For other owners of the SWITCH, do you folks do anything special to clean the glass joint? I've got a ring of stained glass around where the induction cups sit. I clean after every use and the discoloration doesn't appear to affect the operation or anything. I'm just a bit anal about keeping my glass clean.

Does anyone have any tricks or advice on how to clean the glass / remove the staining?

Switch_Glass.jpg

hd_rider,

tylerj55

For other owners of the SWITCH, do you folks do anything special to clean the glass joint? I've got a ring of stained glass around where the induction cups sit. I clean after every use and the discoloration doesn't appear to affect the operation or anything. I'm just a bit anal about keeping my glass clean.

Does anyone have any tricks or advice on how to clean the glass / remove the staining?

Switch_Glass.jpg
One thing that helped me out was putting some Dark Crystal Glass in there and then also putting in the dish and heating it up for 10-15 seconds on the lowest setting. It helped get that stuff off with a qtip.

tylerj55,

DabberChase

Company Rep

Switch_Glass.jpg

We recommend using 91% or higher ISO and some table salt. You may been to give is a good scrub to remove all blemishes.

Hey guys, I have been getting some custom glass for the Peak and Switch, this is the piece I had made for the Switch, a little Satin Slime FTK . Looks pretty sweet!

5ww0wk.jpg

Send the link if you post any function videos. This looks awesome!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK, you guys may appreciate this. I had a Switch adapter designed, tweaked it and had a glass blower create it for me. I don't know if the clearances are right on the tubes or if it actually works yet, but the idea is pretty solid. My plan was for me to either be able to use my Switch like the Cloud Evo with my Hydrtotubes (rigs with an 18mm female joint in the bottom) Or as an effective adapter with built in carb cap and air intake carb hole.

So one hole has a tube that points directly into the bucket, the other is for clearing the chamber. It should be fun to play with as long as it actually fits! I probably should have just sent him the Switch unit for measurements... fingers crossed.

And until then, here is a nice little video of my current 50mm--->14mm adapter.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu1pzHaHHnD/

iqes02.jpg
8wi16t.jpg
2rhaeix.jpg

This is the basic idea of the final unit for use, but it will also be great with a whip to 18/14/10mm for other bongs and rigs.
vapeexhale_hydrabomb_starter_kit5.png

Last edited:

Samson

Hello Gentelmen,

I'm a loyal Herbalizer user thinking about switching to the Switch.
Any Herbalizer users out there that switched already? Would love to hear your comparison and any advice on what to expect if I make the switch? Is it as efficient? Easy to use and clean? Potency?

Thank you in advance!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hello Gentelmen,

I'm a loyal Herbalizer user thinking about switching to the Switch.
Any Herbalizer users out there that switched already? Would love to hear your comparison and any advice on what to expect if I make the switch? Is it as efficient? Easy to use and clean? Potency?

Thank you in advance!

Do you use your Herbie for dry herb, concentrates, or both?

IMO the Switch is an amazing dab rig! I would highly suggest it for concentrates. As far as flower goes, as a vaporist I feel there are better solutions. If you don't mind it being big and not portable (switch is big) then you maybe should look at the Flowerpot for flower if you want the very best experience.

If you just want a "Good" flower vape, there are so many to be had right now, but I wouldn't start here unless you dab too!

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Samson

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
OK, you guys may appreciate this. I had a Switch adapter designed, tweaked it and had a glass blower create it for me. I don't know if the clearances are right on the tubes or if it actually works yet, but the idea is pretty solid. My plan was for me to either be able to use my Switch like the Cloud Evo with my Hydrtotubes (rigs with an 18mm female joint in the bottom) Or as an effective adapter with built in carb cap and air intake carb hole.

So one hole has a tube that points directly into the bucket, the other is for clearing the chamber. It should be fun to play with as long as it actually fits! I probably should have just sent him the Switch unit for measurements... fingers crossed.

And until then, here is a nice little video of my current 50mm--->14mm adapter.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu1pzHaHHnD/

iqes02.jpg
8wi16t.jpg
2rhaeix.jpg

This is the basic idea of the final unit for use, but it will also be great with a whip to 18/14/10mm for other bongs and rigs.
vapeexhale_hydrabomb_starter_kit5.png
Love that adapter for the switch, where can i get one?

tonuzzi,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Glassblower fittings and tubes back in stock now. I told you they would be back soon :cool:

DabberChase,
I just wanted to report back on the Switch I purchased. I read thru much of this thread first and found some good advice. I ordered the bubble cap and quartz cup along with the Switch. I had never dabbed before, I've done concentrates in a FireFly 2 but not ever dabbed. Always thought me high with a torch was a bad idea.
I have to say that this thing is wicked! (awesome) What an experience it provides. I tested the standard cap and bowl but have to say the bubble cap works way better and the standard bowl cannot compete with the quartz.
I've been experimenting with loading before heating and am enjoying this. Great product and worth the money in my estimation.

M3Eric

MMJ Supporter
Hey guys, I have been getting some custom glass for the Peak and Switch, this is the piece I had made for the Switch, a little Satin Slime FTK . Looks pretty sweet!

5ww0wk.jpg

This is so awesome! Where did you get it? What was the price? I am really interested in adding some new stuff to my switch but everything is outta stock on the website. I ordered the ball cap and quartz insert but was really wanting the directional cap and ball glass attachment, but now I see theres some other choices

M3Eric,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
This is so awesome! Where did you get it? What was the price? I am really interested in adding some new stuff to my switch but everything is outta stock on the website. I ordered the ball cap and quartz insert but was really wanting the directional cap and ball glass attachment, but now I see theres some other choices

It was a custom I had done by Mr E glass (on IG) along with another rig for the Peak, cost of the 2 was a lot but well worth it.

Definitely get the quartz insert, it's a must-have. IMO you should skip the ball cap and the maybe the ball rig but pick up the directional cap when it's available. The function on the original glass attachment is really good if you only care about function and if you want something heady or prettier, get some nice artist-made glass. IF you want a ball rig look at Slate glass or Mr e make you one in color.

OK, I have been hitting the Peak and Switch non stop lately because I bought a lot of new toys and attachments for them. None have been more impressive and more fun that the amazing glass 50mm--->18mm adapter with built-in carb tube. This thing hits harder than any other Switch configuration.
So, you guys know how you can tell that the Switch has enough power to give you any dab experience you want, but the airflow is tricky and is the weak point of the device. Well this can be solved with a big rubber top seal and the perfect carb cap, But the best way I have solved it is with this solid glass 18mm adapter with built in carb tube that shoots directly into the insert for perfect vaporization and hands-free use. It makes everything just work effortlessly with any rig, even hydrotubes... I'm obsessed with this thing! Best thing I have come up with in a while.

Here's a little function video ;). Check this out

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvFV-mIHn5u/

2ln7m7n.jpg

M3Eric

MMJ Supporter
It was a custom I had done by Mr E glass (on IG) along with another rig for the Peak, cost of the 2 was a lot but well worth it.

Definitely get the quartz insert, it's a must-have. IMO you should skip the ball cap and the maybe the ball rig but pick up the directional cap when it's available. The function on the original glass attachment is really good if you only care about function and if you want something heady or prettier, get some nice artist-made glass. IF you want a ball rig look at Slate glass or Mr e make you one in color.

OK, I have been hitting the Peak and Switch non stop lately because I bought a lot of new toys and attachments for them. None have been more impressive and more fun that the amazing glass 50mm--->18mm adapter with built-in carb tube. This thing hits harder than any other Switch configuration.
So, you guys know how you can tell that the Switch has enough power to give you any dab experience you want, but the airflow is tricky and is the weak point of the device. Well this can be solved with a big rubber top seal and the perfect carb cap, But the best way I have solved it is with this solid glass 18mm adapter with built in carb tube that shoots directly into the insert for perfect vaporization and hands-free use. It makes everything just work effortlessly with any rig, even hydrotubes... I'm obsessed with this thing! Best thing I have come up with in a while.

Here's a little function video ;). Check this out

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvFV-mIHn5u/

2ln7m7n.jpg

Wow that's absolutely genius! I want this setup! Thanks for the guidance. I already ordered the quartz insert and ball cap, should arrive in a few days. I will definitely order the directional as soon as it's available. Will be contacting Mr E Glass about the custom attachment.. my switch arrives Thursday, any suggestions for heat settings? I use strictly concentrates... crumble and shatter

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Wow that's absolutely genius! I want this setup! Thanks for the guidance. I already ordered the quartz insert and ball cap, should arrive in a few days. I will definitely order the directional as soon as it's available. Will be contacting Mr E Glass about the custom attachment.. my switch arrives Thursday, any suggestions for heat settings? I use strictly concentrates... crumble and shatter

Make sure you use CRYSTAL MODE. It will light up all white lights when you are in the correct mode. For a thick, full dab with the quartz I use anything between the first and third aqua setting. But I also like to up-temp, especially with those tasty traits'. start on the 3rd blue and steadily move up from there. It will milk a dab for so many hits.

M3Eric

MMJ Supporter
Make sure you use CRYSTAL MODE. It will light up all white lights when you are in the correct mode. For a thick, full dab with the quartz I use anything between the first and third aqua setting. But I also like to up-temp, especially with those tasty traits'. start on the 3rd blue and steadily move up from there. It will milk a dab for so many hits.

I'm so excited! Cant freaking wait... just found and ordered a really cool directional cap from Stoney Glass @gotstoney on IG and it looks every bit as good as the DD directional. Also was able to get in touch with an artist (@heartandmindglass) who does some really cool custom work for the switch thanks to your info! I really appreciate it! Looking forward to posting my review of it, but based on what I heard I already know I'm gonna be happy! Thanks again

M3Eric

MMJ Supporter
One more question guys... am I able to just load my crumble into the dish, put on the cap and hit the button (like the peak) and hit when its ready?? or do I have to hit the button and let it heat first and then drop the crumble in there? I like the idea of the ease of just being able to push a button and hit it a few seconds later so I am hoping it works good this way?

M3Eric,
Top Bottom