dotLeaf

bobothevaper

So quite a few people are hating on this and whilst I'm not here to start up beef let me give you lot my version.

I own 10+ vapes, including some of the more current popular ones, and I will pick this vape first over your Crafty's, Rogue's, V3's, and all those instagrammable niche wood vapes if the goal was to be stealthy on the go.

My background into vaping comes from smoking European style spliffs 50/50 weed/tobacco. My transition to vaping was very hard since I'm used to that thicker spliff smoke from the combination of weed and cigarettes.

I like all my vapes tbh but the dotleaf is the one that mimics a spliff the best.

The bowl is huge compared to the more current offerings. This means that I can use it for up to three three minute sessions which is almost the same time as a big spliff. I do all three in a row and go back home. I know a Mighty/Crafty/Rogue/V3 can do sessions but those sessions are light. This is thick all the way through those three sessions.

My routine is to take a ten minute walk around the block to get medicated. With the V3 i'd need three bowls to be satisfied. Maybe two on the crafty and 6-7 on a dyna plus torch or IH makes it less stealthy. But with the dotleaf one tightly packed bowl will get me there, so I don't need to reload or anything on my small walk and the battery holds for at least those three sessions.

The draw is very tight and hot like a spliff. This mean you can't really rip it like a V3 but it still produces a lot of thick vapor, really nice and thick, so you just need to toke it like a spliff. Spliffs will also run hot if you toke too long. You can also stack the tokes for a bigger one. It's really great for a transitional vaporist like me. I almost forget it's a vape and not a spliff.

It's extremely pretty and very small. It goes perfectly in a pocket, more so than a Rogue or a Crafty, you can swap panels and buy custom made panels easy on etsy or other places. You can pick a million different cheap 510 drip tips for it.

Swappable bowls and batteries so you can go all day.

Love the boost function for when the bowl is almost cleared.

Sure it gets hot, and some people have issues with stuff. The ovens are expensive for a swappable system. Im two weeks in so that at least 30+ bowls I've run through it. Still no issues (knock on wood).

To me this is the number one portable stealthy vaporizer. Small, sleek, huge vapor, enough power to satisfy even a big tolerance dude like me, swappable components and very easy to dress up in new threads.

I love this thing and I'm glad I didn't shy away from it despite all the negative vibes that sits around this thing.

My alternative is not to use other vapes. I have them and use them but they just don't satisfy as well on the go and.... If Im not medicated I smoke. But this keeps me away from spliffs and if I live longer because of it I really don't mind the quirks and kinks. All vapes have kinks.

EDIT: I understand most people have issues with combustion. To avoid this you need to let it cool before you swap the oven. Or pull the battery and do the resistance-setup again by pressing one button. It's really not that bad.

Last edited:

vapormachina

So quite a few people are hating on this and whilst I'm not here to start up beef let me give you lot my version.

I own 10+ vapes, including some of the more current popular ones, and I will pick this vape first over your Crafty's, Rogue's, V3's, and all those instagrammable niche wood vapes if the goal was to be stealthy on the go.

My background into vaping comes from smoking European style spliffs 50/50 weed/tobacco. My transition to vaping was very hard since I'm used to that thicker spliff smoke from the combination of weed and cigarettes.

I like all my vapes tbh but the dotleaf is the one that mimics a spliff the best.

The bowl is huge compared to the more current offerings. This means that I can use it for up to three three minute sessions which is almost the same time as a big spliff. I do all three in a row and go back home. I know a Mighty/Crafty/Rogue/V3 can do sessions but those sessions are light. This is thick all the way through those three sessions.

My routine is to take a ten minute walk around the block to get medicated. With the V3 i'd need three bowls to be satisfied. Maybe two on the crafty and 6-7 on a dyna plus torch or IH makes it less stealthy. But with the dotleaf one tightly packed bowl will get me there, so I don't need to reload or anything on my small walk and the battery holds for at least those three sessions.

The draw is very tight and hot like a spliff. This mean you can't really rip it like a V3 but it still produces a lot of thick vapor, really nice and thick, so you just need to toke it like a spliff. Spliffs will also run hot if you toke too long. You can also stack the tokes for a bigger one. It's really great for a transitional vaporist like me. I almost forget it's a vape and not a spliff.

It's extremely pretty and very small. It goes perfectly in a pocket, more so than a Rogue or a Crafty, you can swap panels and buy custom made panels easy on etsy or other places. You can pick a million different cheap 510 drip tips for it.

Swappable bowls and batteries so you can go all day.

Love the boost function for when the bowl is almost cleared.

Sure it gets hot, and some people have issues with stuff. The ovens are expensive for a swappable system. Im two weeks in so that at least 30+ bowls I've run through it. Still no issues (knock on wood).

To me this is the number one portable stealthy vaporizer. Small, sleek, huge vapor, enough power to satisfy even a big tolerance dude like me, swappable components and very easy to dress up in new threads.

I love this thing and I'm glad I didn't shy away from it despite all the negative vibes that sits around this thing.

My alternative is not to use other vapes. If Im not medicated I smoke. But this keeps me away from spliffs and if I live longer because of it I really don't mind the quirks and kinks. All vapes have kinks.

EDIT: I understand most people have issues with combustion. To avoid this you need to let it cool before you swap the oven. Or pull the battery and do the resistance-setup again by pressing one button. It's really not that bad.
everything ok, only one fail, those vapes are not more instagrammable that the dotleaf😜

IMG-20211126-1459300.jpg

I love this vape the only problem is that shit flavour. The plastic in the chamber gives a lot of awful taste and this vape is very expensive now, you cant fight in premium vape prices with that plastic in the airpath (in the hot airpath further), Im not sure even if this vape is safer, especially after the problems I have seen with melted plastic (even in the new chambers)

But this has a very simple solution, they only have to build another version of the chamber with secure materials, I don't know why they haven't done it already:shrug:

I don't use it anymore nowadays, it doesn't seem safe to me, but I don't sell it either because I trust that someday they will make a decent chamber and if they do that it can become a small masterpiece

BigJr48

I really like the dot leaf, my only gripe was the ovens wouldn't be recognized by the unit especially after buying two ovens and both had the same glitch is what made me give up.

BigJr48,

bobothevaper

I was under the impression that they wouldn’t make a 2.0 which is a shame. It’s the only vape I’ve used that mimics a spliff. If anyone knows any vapes that also mimics spliffs please let me know.

bobothevaper,
Reactions: BigJr48

maremaresing

I was under the impression that they wouldn’t make a 2.0 which is a shame. It’s the only vape I’ve used that mimics a spliff. If anyone knows any vapes that also mimics spliffs please let me know.
PAX tbh. For serious, it's great. Vapor isn't hot at all, though, which you seem to prefer.

Dot was a great vape for me for all the reasons @bobothevaper mentioned. Fast heatup and tiny package is killer, and I really enjoyed using it. I'd jump back on the horse if they made an on demand convection version.

vapormachina

Likely too small a bowl. Right restriction though.

Edit: this would be a better thing to ask in the recommendations thread.
Yep, that's true; this is the reason why I ordered the Vector and would like to try the Anvil 🤔

In the same way than Pax and Dotleaf for me one of the best options is the xmax Ace, love this vape, I use it a lot

vapormachina,

Mribisback_

Hey guys, I own the DotAio V2, which is basically the Dot leaf but for regular vaping.

What are the odds I could buy a dotleaf tank and have it work? They seem to be the same size.

Mribisback_,

Pukka

Hey guys, I own the DotAio V2, which is basically the Dot leaf but for regular vaping.

What are the odds I could buy a dotleaf tank and have it work? They seem to be the same size.
I don't remember where or when but I _do_ remember that the answer from Dot() was no, it wouldn't work.

I guess (please note that word) there's really no reason it shouldn't if you discount firing time (AIO version ~20secs vs. Leaf version ~5 min) and whatever heating coil differences there are. Note the latter will alter/react with whatever temp programming there is in either device.

purpletweed

Introducing the new DotLeaf 2.0

Now featuring natural materials and 100% convection.

JK I made this tank myself for my DotAIO. The heating element is their RBA coil.

Still a work in progress but so far so good.

Figured you guys would appreciate this.

You’re right, I definitely appreciate this. Looks nice, curious to hear more about function.

Mribisback_

You’re right, I definitely appreciate this. Looks nice, curious to hear more about function
This mod doesn't have TCR, so I'm limited to wattage mode. Works pretty similar to a Milaana.

Doesn't get too hot which is nice.

Loading is a little awkward so I'm trying to make the top opening wide enough so I can slip in some potv capsules just by removing the mouthpiece.

Right now I'm working on getting the herb chamber to the right shape and size. I'll post some pictures later on

Last edited:

Mribisback_

I had to return my unit, it wasn't reading the tanks that came with it.

Did you consider just swapping out mods?

I was about to get a dotleaf, but I was really worried the oven would break and it'd be impossible to find replacements.

Mribisback_,

Mribisback_

everything ok, only one fail, those vapes are not more instagrammable that the dotleaf😜

IMG-20211126-1459300.jpg

I love this vape the only problem is that shit flavour. The plastic in the chamber gives a lot of awful taste and this vape is very expensive now, you cant fight in premium vape prices with that plastic in the airpath (in the hot airpath further), Im not sure even if this vape is safer, especially after the problems I have seen with melted plastic (even in the new chambers)

But this has a very simple solution, they only have to build another version of the chamber with secure materials, I don't know why they haven't done it already:shrug:

I don't use it anymore nowadays, it doesn't seem safe to me, but I don't sell it either because I trust that someday they will make a decent chamber and if they do that it can become a small masterpiece
Hey friend, I've done some looking around and can't find any of those wood panels. Do you have a link by chance?

Mribisback_,

maremaresing

An on demand convection dot is something I would definitely try/buy. Great work there! How's the heat with such a short airpath and long draws? 🥵

maremaresing,

Mribisback_

An on demand convection dot is something I would definitely try/buy. Great work there! How's the heat with such a short airpath and long draws? 🥵
The vapor itself isn't too bad, at least for me. I think the capsule lid makes a semi-efficient heatsink that absorbs some of the heat. The mouthpiece gets pretty warm after a long hit, but cools pretty quickly.

I'm planning on eventually making some sort of cooling unit.

Mribisback_

Update on my experiment. I got these really cool metal panels for it. I don't like the logo, I'm looking for a way to get rid of it.

I drilled out the top wide enough to take 810 drop tips, and to allow me to quickly reload capsules. I had a little incident with the Dremel and had to grind down the top to fix the damage, lol. It's bare aluminum now, I kinda like it.

keamoon

Has anyone found a fix for the issue I'm having? I recently left an abusive relationship so my brain isn't working properly and in a moment of stupidity I lost my reciept. Ever since I bought this vape I have had issues with the device not picking up the oven. At first it just drove me crazy and I couldn't understand why it worked sometimes and not others. Eventually I realised its happening because the metal pin that pops up and is supposed to touch the oven is not making a solid connection. Ok .. TBH its still driving me insane and if I can't find the receipt I'm stuck with a really expensive dud :ugh::huh: Not very impressed, issues from day one.

Top Bottom