dotLeaf

johnrecon12

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a dotLeaf but unsure with all the mixed experiences people are having..

Currently have the Mighty, Crafty +, TinyMight (don’t like and selling atm), Ghost MV1, Davinci First gen and IQ2, Zeus GT.

Mostly only use the Mighty, but finding it too big and want something more portable
Its not going to be the answer for everyone, Do you like vaping through water at higher temps? What is the reason you do not like the TinyMight?
Are you considering any others or is this it? Is your vaping style more session than on-demand? I have a crafty plus I use regularly, the Dotleaf just heats up quicker and is more efficient once you get going. I bought some backspacers that reduce the chamber size significantly and if I didn't need to constantly dump, fill and reload the oven separately, it'd probably be my DD. If you do proceed, get a couple of ovens and a water tool and it will rock. Also order from reputable seller so you can replace if needed.

vapormachina

Good advices:)
Any recomended seller in Europe?
Im also interested in this device, love the conduction vapes and it seems to rock. Im reading the thread and mainly I see the clasical 'conduction problems' with people who come from convection so Im not worried about that
I'm IN:rockon:

Vizyt91

Im also interested in this device, love the conduction vapes and it seems to rock. Im reading the thread and mainly I see the clasical 'conduction problems' with people who come from convection so Im not worried about that
Hi,
I bought mine at lacentralevapeur.com,this is a great french company 👍

hardware

Its not going to be the answer for everyone, Do you like vaping through water at higher temps? What is the reason you do not like the TinyMight?
Are you considering any others or is this it? Is your vaping style more session than on-demand? I have a crafty plus I use regularly, the Dotleaf just heats up quicker and is more efficient once you get going. I bought some backspacers that reduce the chamber size significantly and if I didn't need to constantly dump, fill and reload the oven separately, it'd probably be my DD. If you do proceed, get a couple of ovens and a water tool and it will rock. Also order from reputable seller so you can replace if needed.
Been smoking for over 20 years and vaping for the last 5 years and I’ve never used any water tool even though I lived in Amsterdam and Barcelona 😄 For me it’s all about stability and the ability of the vape to always just work, ease of use, portability, swappable dosing caps and batteries as I’m always out and about and use the vape as a medical device.

I have to be honest, I love the idea of the tinymight but both me and my girl think it becomes to harsh for the throat to take a pull from it and we react worse to it than any other vape we’ve got. Tried loading it differently and all kind of different stems plus taking small or larger hits without becoming satisfied plus that the abv is not evenly cooked. Really don’t get all the hype about the TM, but enough ranting about the TM.

Ive discovered that I’m more of a session vaper, is becomes easier for my throat to handle with my asthma. With one dosing capsule in the mighty I usually get out 3 sessions. One on 188c, 197c and lastly 210 to finish it off and I usually go trough 3-4 dosing caps per day.
Will definitely buy a couple of extra ovens to be able to bring my prefilled ovens with me. Where I live you can’t really fill an oven anywhere so you have to have everything prepared.
How are the ovens on these? How many sessions can you get out of an oven? How long does an oven last (heard they’re made to only last for so long)

thanks for the help mates!

vapormachina

We are thinking something similar in Spain, here there are no literally vaporizer resellers, we are a lot of people in the telegram group and always buy in french shops for faster shipping. Now it is even worse with the Brexit

Im also very interested in that kind of use, prefilling chambers and carrie with me outside home but I think the problem can be the weight, those chambers have convection metal parts inside and maybe can be unconfortable if you carrie more than 3 or 4 with an extra battery 🤔

I use CBD and need a lot of material😅

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
we have a warehouse to order direct and it will ship from Paris if you cant find a local company.

kokolokokolokon

Hello dotleaf people! Im looking for a new device and did find the dotleaf (and the new xmax v3 pro hehe ^^)
Is there any way to reduce the oven?
I found a reddit post talking about to use a "compatible" capsule to reduce the oven. Any advice or info about this?

kokolokokolokon,

jbm

Is there any way to reduce the oven?
I’ve used these, and they work well. They’re originally made for Arizer vapes but fit in the dotLeaf.

kokolokokolokon

I’ve used these, and they work well. They’re originally made for Arizer vapes but fit in the dotLeaf.
Wooh nice :D is there any EU Seller? It is a pain to pay taxes + 30€ shipping cost 😢
I found something similar, a Glass reducer for dynavap, but i dont think It fits well....

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: BigJr48

maremaresing

I keep wanting to try those backspacers. The dotleaf brick builder goes the other way, increasing the dotleaf oven capacity to .65g!

If you get those backspacers, checkout the new glass adapter tips they released! Might make shipping more worthwhile if you buy them, and will upgrade your experience.

johnrecon12

I actually got one of the whistle tips, I like the glass mouthpiece but the whistle tip I think gives a bit more vapor. I know I can not necessarily prove it though. lol The backspacers are great, the 3mm ones are a great size as the 5mm ones can get stuck in the chamber when dropped in incorrectly.

johnrecon12,

StillBiggerThanYou

Been smoking for over 20 years and vaping for the last 5 years and I’ve never used any water tool even though I lived in Amsterdam and Barcelona 😄 For me it’s all about stability and the ability of the vape to always just work, ease of use, portability, swappable dosing caps and batteries as I’m always out and about and use the vape as a medical device.

I have to be honest, I love the idea of the tinymight but both me and my girl think it becomes to harsh for the throat to take a pull from it and we react worse to it than any other vape we’ve got. Tried loading it differently and all kind of different stems plus taking small or larger hits without becoming satisfied plus that the abv is not evenly cooked. Really don’t get all the hype about the TM, but enough ranting about the TM.

Ive discovered that I’m more of a session vaper, is becomes easier for my throat to handle with my asthma. With one dosing capsule in the mighty I usually get out 3 sessions. One on 188c, 197c and lastly 210 to finish it off and I usually go trough 3-4 dosing caps per day.
Will definitely buy a couple of extra ovens to be able to bring my prefilled ovens with me. Where I live you can’t really fill an oven anywhere so you have to have everything prepared.
How are the ovens on these? How many sessions can you get out of an oven? How long does an oven last (heard they’re made to only last for so long)

thanks for the help mates!
OK, so I realize this is the dotleaf thread and all, BUT.... what you've described is exactly how I use my ArGo.

I love my dotleaf, haven't had any issues with mine at all. But I use it almost exclusively with water or other glass pieces, and it's definitely NOT my go to for sipping vape.

My ArGo, however, has swappable batteries, and the stems are the bowls, so you can pick up a few of them, preload them, and off you go. With a pair of batteries and a few preloaded stems, you've got plenty to hold you off for a day.

I'm not saying the dotleaf is a bad vape (it's not, I enjoy mine), but maybe there's a better one out there for your wants.

tukatukera

Retailer
Unrelated: just got a DotAIO and am so disappointed that the chamber isn't cross-compatible between both products. I could have a dotLeaf for 25€ more, instead of 150€ more, and they made them incompatible.

Please fix, DotMod.

Pukka

There isn't anything to fix. The only shared components between the Leaf and AIO is the metal shell and doors. This is because the algorythm and required circuitry to make things work is totally different between vaping eliquid and flower. Althought you _might_ be able to figure out how to modify an AIO pod to work in a Leaf (or vice versa) without blowing things up it doesn't seem worth the effort to reverse engineer over either 150 buck device or a 25 buck pod.

masonjars

Unrelated: just got a DotAIO and am so disappointed that the chamber isn't cross-compatible between both products. I could have a dotLeaf for 25€ more, instead of 150€ more, and they made them incompatible.

Please fix, DotMod.
I'm sure there are some specific reasons the chambers aren't cross-compatible (like Pukka stated above), but I wonder if it has to do with the same reason they have a separate site for the dotLeaf (ie, stigma, legality). Even a simple "dotleaf" search on the dotmod site came up empty.

masonjars,

GroovyOs

I already got the TM for convection and I might get the dotleaf v1.5 on black friday, or should I wait next year for the possibly of dotleaf v2.0? I mainly want this to try out conduction heating and for the style/art (getting the cloud door from dotAIO to put on it).

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I already got the TM for convection and I might get the dotleaf v1.5 on black friday, or should I wait next year for the possibly of dotleaf v2.0? I mainly want this to try out conduction heating and for the style/art (getting the cloud door from dotAIO to put on it).
I'm waiting and hoping for that 2.0 around the Easter Black Friday just in time for spring/summer 2022 😎

BeeSawd

Wait for the 2, the current version is far from acceptable for the price.

Joie de Vivre

Mine was bought in September and it combusted after a couple of weeks - tbh I suspect my bad but I wish the oven-resetting procedure required a long press - but the communication and service were efficient and it is working well since. Hopefully keeps up the good work because it is slick and I can vape it anywhere, aroma notwithstanding.

Joie de Vivre,
Top Bottom