• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dotLeaf

west-elec

I don't know why but I had early issues with combustion my first few attempts. I am knocking on wood as I type this, but I had a very nice day with my Dotleaf today, no combustion and no failure to recognize chamber. 4 good sessions all 4 chambers per session, all worked perfectly.
I am so glad because I wanted to like this little thing. Now I can comment on how she performs.

It performs very well. I like level 3, and I use a j hook or glass bubbler pipe dry. Mouthpiece is tolerable on level 1 and 2, but zero vapour path makes it hot/harsh/scratchy on 3 and 4.
It pumps it out densely on 3 and 4, with an easy boost of temp by holding the button. Handy because you have to remove a door to adjust the temps. Chambers are fiddly to load, better tamp tool needed than the thin poker provided, but they seem to dump out easy enough (and you can't blow through them to clean). Carrying spares is a nice option, basically expensive dosing caps.

I tend to dislike conduction vapes because of slow sessions and rapid flavour decline, but the narrow heater chamber extracts pretty fast and keeps it pure for longer.

There is some similarities to the Firewood 7 heater. Heater wire embedded in ceramic bowl, with incoming air forced around the heater. The FW7 seems to ramp up later in the draw where Dotleaf is denser at the start, making me think less convection going on here, but vapour density doesn't drop off completely like a traditional conduction vape.

She is a sipper, but good rewarding hits with each sip. Great for people who can't take long hits. My wife is going to like that style, she struggles with lung capacity.

I tried a bowl of powdered bubble hash and it was amazing. Literally 30+ huge hits. If you have access this might be the best vape I have used for bubble, akin to the FW7, but not as hot so easier on the throat.
If it keeps working as designed there is a LOT to like about such a little thing.

Graydoa

I just got my Dotleaf today and my first 2 sessions have been great. I also have a Crafty+ ( better flavor) but the Dotleaf gives a very satisfying hit in a great form factor. The vapor is a bit harsh on temp 3&4, are there any glass nipple stems that will fit? I haven't seen any 510 drip tips that will offer any kind of cooling.
The dotleaf comes with two adapters. A 14 mm and a 18 mm

Lozo

So I bought the 1.0 version quite early on, had a few combustion events, some random some more my fault but I did like the overall vapour production, form factor and just ease of use, so I bought the 1.5 version as soon as it was released. Overall impression was it felt a little more refined but wouldn’t get near the super dark ABV that the 1.0 version would, I didn’t mind this at all as I believed it extracted most everything anyway and I didn’t feel I was getting close to combustion levels.

During a heat up cycle I dropped it onto my wooden desk a maximum of 5 inches, just knocked it off a mini blubber and since then despite using multiple ovens I was getting combustion after combustion occurring but not continually. Went through all the steps of cleaning the ovens, contacts, low heat setting etc but it was combusting half the time now.

Customer service has great though and my 1.5 version is being fixed. It’s a great device but somewhat unpredictable. I’m using the 1.0 version and it’s been working nicely the last few days

BeeSawd

Dotleaf got me hooked up with a new oven OTW! Awesome customer support!!
New oven came, set to temp 2 and it combusted instantly... Any tips? Think it's confused about resistance but I'm not sure how to reset it

Update: Ran a few more bowls through it no issue, really wish there was a way to force a cold resistance check, maybe for the v2?

Last edited:
Dotleaf came in! When I take off the tip to look down at the chamber, the chamber isn’t symmetrical with the mouthtips hole. Is this regular or ok? Also the chamber I received was more of a tan color. Should I be contacting dotleaf since they aren’t the grey ones? someone previously mentioned that grey chambers are the most recent.

Rekreation,
Reactions: BigJr48
Also had a little flower left from last time I picked up, enough to pack the chamber about 3/4 loosely. Wasn’t getting much vapor and I found I kept getting small pieces of flower in my mouth would that be because I didn’t put in enough flower?

Rekreation,

Vizyt91

Dotleaf came in! When I take off the tip to look down at the chamber, the chamber isn’t symmetrical with the mouthtips hole. Is this regular or ok? Also the chamber I received was more of a tan color. Should I be contacting dotleaf since they aren’t the grey ones? someone previously mentioned that grey chambers are the most recent.

Also had a little flower left from last time I picked up, enough to pack the chamber about 3/4 loosely. Wasn’t getting much vapor and I found I kept getting small pieces of flower in my mouth would that be because I didn’t put in enough flower?
Hi,
The misalignment between the chamber and the driptip is quite « normal » and you’re right the chamber of the v1.5 is tan and not grey.
As for the particles in your mouth during your draw I think you must tamp your load down (mainly conduction device), I don’t fill completly my oven every time but I pack it and tamp it firmly (not too firmly to not degrade the airflow) and I’ve no issue with lil bits of herb coming in to my mouth.
Hope that helps , have a nice day 😎

Last edited:

thrl

does this chamber compatible with older dotmod podmods, or bb (billetbox)?

edit: found the answer, they are not compatible :/

Last edited:
thrl,
Ok guys, first impressions, I feel as if something is wrong with my device. Going to try and buy a different battery tomorrow. as of now I have a green Samsung 18650. From a full charge, it depletes the battery by the time I take the chamber insides to almost a tobacco brown. full charge max temp using boost here and there. Dies after about 2-3 sessions and seems like I can only get to 3 sessions if I cut the previous ones off early. Even then, I find it not producing a lot of vapor definitely not as much as I’m seeing in some of your guys’ video. I’m packing the bowl about 7/8 full firmly but not too firm with a nice bounce back still. I’m sure even if I tried it would probably never combust which is nice to know however that’s something else that makes me feel off about the device. Maybe it’s the chamber itself? Will be posting a video to Reddit within next few days so I can show an example.

Sidenote, getting an incredible low amount of vapor on the first two as well and the third barely suffices.

QF1994

Ok guys, first impressions, I feel as if something is wrong with my device. Going to try and buy a different battery tomorrow. as of now I have a green Samsung 18650. From a full charge, it depletes the battery by the time I take the chamber insides to almost a tobacco brown. full charge max temp using boost here and there. Dies after about 2-3 sessions and seems like I can only get to 3 sessions if I cut the previous ones off early. Even then, I find it not producing a lot of vapor definitely not as much as I’m seeing in some of your guys’ video. I’m packing the bowl about 7/8 full firmly but not too firm with a nice bounce back still. I’m sure even if I tried it would probably never combust which is nice to know however that’s something else that makes me feel off about the device. Maybe it’s the chamber itself? Will be posting a video to Reddit within next few days so I can show an example.

Sidenote, getting an incredible low amount of vapor on the first two as well and the third barely suffices.

Oh yikes. Hopefully it's a battery issue and not a device issue.

As far as the vapor, is the oven seated right? I have one oven that is finicky and if I don't have it seated just right, it won't produce vapor and it's kind of a weak session.

Oh yikes. Hopefully it's a battery issue and not a device issue.

As far as the vapor, is the oven seated right? I have one oven that is finicky and if I don't have it seated just right, it won't produce vapor and it's kind of a weak session.
Oven is indeed placed right. Even tried repositioning it. Still waiting on dotleaf to get back to me hopefully I can get this fixed quick. So annoyed it had to be me lol. I’d rather be combusting every time then getting this wispy shit

BeeSawd

Oven is indeed placed right. Even tried repositioning it. Still waiting on dotleaf to get back to me hopefully I can get this fixed quick. So annoyed it had to be me lol. I’d rather be combusting every time then getting this wispy shit
Have you asked on the discord? I found that was the quickest and easiest way to contact them

BeeSawd,

BeeSawd

I'll be shopping for a new/different vape in the coming weeks.

Are you guys still loving these? Or is the honeymoon over and we've moved on (or back) to better vapes?
I love mine, don't get me wrong the ovens need work and more qc but besides that it's been a great unit for me. If you're on the fence I can definitely recommend it but just know you're buying into a new product and they're experiencing growing pains as a business. That being said their customer service had been top notch so the few issues I've had have all been resolved!

maremaresing

I second those comments entirely. The honeymoon is long over for me, and yet I still think it's one of the best vapes on the market for my needs. Six months in and it's still supplanting my other vapes.

Vapor is good, heatup is rapid, flavor is good (for conduction), it's easy to clean the entire airpath, battery life is massive, and it's very small and nice to hold.

Great aftermarket, too.

Top Bottom