dotLeaf

purpletweed

The dotLeaf is a new dry herb vaporizer made by dotMod which has just been released. It's got a website, here, and an Instagram account. I've copied details from the website, below.

DOTMOD PROUDLY PRESENTS THE DOTLEAF

Power at the Palm of your Hand

The dotLeaf offers an out of this world experience! Vaporize any dry herb of your choosing. The dotLeaf can heat up to 245ºc with boost, so you won’t be restricted to how hot you want your herb.

Small Size, Big Punch
With the dotLeaf’s easy to remove ceramic chamber, cleaning and refilling the chamber is incredibly easy. The dotLeaf has 4 heat presets to get the right temperature for your dry herb of choice. The dotLeaf also has protection mechanism where if the chip reaches 75ºc, the light will blink 5 times and will power down automatically to allow the device to cool down. Supporting one 18650 battery, the dotLeaf is designed for maximum battery life.

Multiple Possibilities
Not only does the dotLeaf work as a standalone device, but you can also use the dotLeaf with your favorite water pipe. Included in the box is a 14mm & 18mm adapter so you can get a better experience from the dotLeaf.

Need A Boost?
Looking for a little boost during your session? Hold the fire button down during your session, and the dotLeaf will give you a 15ºc boost for a more powerful hit.

Includes:
One (1) dotLeaf
One (1) Dry herb tank
One (1) POM mouth piece
One (1) 14mm adapter
One (1) 18mm adapter
One (1) Multi tool
One (1) Brush
One (1) Type-C Charging Cable
One (1) Service pack

1605546372067.png
1605546389045.png
1605546401868.png
1605546431722.png
1605546442307.png
1605546455434.png

It looks quite attractive to me, but I'm keen for more details -- what the heating element is made of, how long a session is (from the only video I've found, it seems to have a timer), things like that.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Looks like a factory built artisan vape*unregulated or TM, I know features are different but look and style way more similar to TM. Pretty interesting. I'd like one for extreme stealth. Wonder when betas will be released for reviews n what not

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Oh nice, dang hopefully will get some info soon.

iDRINKBLEACH,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Interesting – dotMod have been producing e cigarette tanks and box mods for years now, they can be considered the Apple of e cigs (sweet design but heavily overpriced), so they do have lotsa manufacturing experience under their belt.

Price seems nice, but session only, only four temp settings and apparently conduction is not quite my style.

LongDraw

Very cool looking. Reminds me of the billet box i use for an ecig, which i love. Gonna have to see how the reviews are, hoping convection, gotta look at site just read comments here may have missed it.

EDIT: Took a look, not 100% but seems conduction? See on their instagram show some another panel like a clear one. Watch out for that rabbit hole, can get expensive if you really want to go that way. Really neat device and love the form factor. Be neat to see some reviews down the road. Wish them the best, simple is always welcome.

Farid

Love the look of the build quality on this. I've been waiting for e-cig companies to get into the dry herb game.

As for it being conduction, I think that's great, so long as the oven can be cleaned easily. If it was convection a longer airpath would be required, and the battery efficiency would likely be reduced.

I was thinking about a conduction 510 adapter vape the other day, and though this isn't 510, it seems to have that ecig build quality that many of the 510 vapes have.

Farid,
Reactions: RobbIt

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Me too! I used ecigs from 2011-2019, so I am excited for this one. The ecig world has pretty much perfected their industry, so to see them moving into the dry herb vape world is kind of exciting! Dont get me wrong, Im not thrilled about the flood of cheap Chinese knockoffs that will come with it, but companies like DotMod have a great reputation and I am really excited to see what they come up with.

I actually dont mind conduction vaping, though DotLeaf did state that their heater uses hybrid heating. How much of that is true...who knows. Well, I will later today I suppose! Cant wait! Love the fit and finish of this one too. I think its going to be much more tiny than it appears in the pictures. Heres hoping! Would be great for stealth!

Farid

I'm picturing it being the size of the dotmod aio. Looking at some video reviews of the aio in use, it seems really small. Looking forward to hear your thoughts when you have it in hand.

As my heat transfer professor pointed out, all conduction heaters have some element of convection, just well below vaporization temperature. So when it comes to the language used in advertising it's not a lie to say convection is occurring. Just don't specify that the convection is not hot enough to vaporize the herb.

But that is a subject that could have a thread of it's own. I don't care how the heat is transferred so long as the user experience is good.

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Looks nice! The price is pretty good, but I do wonder about the chamber, I don't really like ovens, and it seems like it could be quite an hassle to refill in public, so it might be stealthy, as long as you don't need to refill, but being a session vape is not so stealthy anyways.
Also we need to see if this oven gets clogged fast and how easy it is to clean it.

m0sh,
Reactions: Farid

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I used ecigs from 2011-2019, so I am excited for this one. The ecig world has pretty much perfected their industry, so to see them moving into the dry herb vape world is kind of exciting! Dont get me wrong, Im not thrilled about the flood of cheap Chinese knockoffs that will come with it, but companies like DotMod have a great reputation and I am really excited to see what they come up with.

Oh yes, I would also love to see more of that! Some device by SvoëMesto for example... *dream*

I actually dont mind conduction vaping, though DotLeaf did state that their heater uses hybrid heating.

I don't mind conduction either, the DaVinci IQ was one of my first vapes and I still think it was awesome, especially tastewise. It's more the assumed session concept of the dotLeaf that makes me stay away – but I'm looking forward to first impressions etc. for sure.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I don't mind conduction either, the DaVinci IQ was one of my first vapes and I still think it was awesome, especially tastewise. It's more the assumed session concept of the dotLeaf that makes me stay away – but I'm looking forward to first impressions etc. for sure.

You know, for a long time, I was a pure convection girl. I enjoyed tasting the pure flavor of the herb, and so most of my vape purchases went that way. Now though, I have grown to appreciate the flavor profile that conduction provides (Mostly thanks to the Vapman and MFLB). So as long as the DotLeaf provides a nice clean flavor profile like those others, I will be more than happy with it...even if it is a session vape. I don't mind a good session now and then. As my tolerance has gone up, so has my need for sessions lol

blackstone

Has anybody else noticed the airpath no?
Although a lot of it may be Ultem, and some people dont like plastic, to me it looks very elongated and smart, and the air hits a good few very warm, then hot parts before entering the inner oven base. I think the air enters the top of the oven module and goes to the bottom through drilled metal baffles which would be heated.
DSC_3077-2_400x.jpg

Regular conduction just takes cold air from any place, so people might be surprised with this vape, they mentioned it has a punch!
It looks like I would need extra cooling than the mouthpiece, but at least they show using it with water, and supply adapters.
Nice starting price!

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Looks very stealthy, easy to use and clean. I'm interested, and the price $160. I wonder how the battery life is ? I do like the hybrid vapor. I like the taste and the fullness of the vapor. I was thinking getting a Crafty+, but for $160 I'm rethinking things. Damn VAS. :tup:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Has anybody else noticed the airpath no?
Although a lot of it may be Ultem, and some people dont like plastic, to me it looks very elongated and smart, and the air hits a good few very warm, then hot parts before entering the inner oven base. I think the air enters the top of the oven module and goes to the bottom through drilled metal baffles which would be heated.
DSC_3077-2_400x.jpg

Regular conduction just takes cold air from any place, so people might be surprised with this vape, they mentioned it has a punch!
It looks like I would need extra cooling than the mouthpiece, but at least they show using it with water, and supply adapters.
Nice starting price!
You know, I was researching that Ultem, and even though it might be plastic, the spec sheets looked very promising!

Spec Sheet Here

I actually hadn't noticed the air intake at the top, so this might work out pretty well! They also mentioned that it fits standard 510 drip-tips, so if we need extra cooling, that might be a good way to get that...not to mention a good way to make it your own by customizing it.
Mine is out for delivery at the moment and should arrive in the next few hours. I cant wait to play with it!!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
You know, I was researching that Ultem, and even though it might be plastic, the spec sheets looked very promising!

Spec Sheet Here

I actually hadn't noticed the air intake at the top, so this might work out pretty well! They also mentioned that it fits standard 510 drip-tips, so if we need extra cooling, that might be a good way to get that...not to mention a good way to make it your own by customizing it.
Mine is out for delivery at the moment and should arrive in the next few hours. I cant wait to play with it!!

I'm really curious to hear your thoughts on it.

I'm not one that has an issue with conduction either, at all... I just prefer the way that convection tends to lean towards on-demand. I dont like the relatively long warm up times of typical conduction/session devices or the timed sessions that make me feel like I have to vape on the devices terms lol.

I have an on-demand conduction/hybrid coming Friday, looking forward to that! Goes against most people's opinions, but my IQ2 is conduction and the flavor that was coming out of that was unreal.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@BrianTL If you check out that video that @kineticsam posted, it looks like the heat up time is between 15-20 seconds, which is actually on par with some on demand vapes, and definitely competitive with other session vapes like the Fury Edge. I am very excited, and am constantly checking my security cameras to see if the mail is here yet!

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Whelp...it arrived! First impressions are very impressed. I'm 2 bowls in now, and this think stomps! If conduction vaping isnt your thing though, I would look elsewhere. Just ran it through water....It milks glass faster than a Grasshopper. This is a HEAVY on temp setting 4, but dont even think about using it natively on that level. That really is for glass only. No stirring is needed AT ALL, and everything is vaping flawlessly even. Think S&B consistency. Ill report back later with a full writeup!

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Whelp...it arrived! First impressions are very impressed. I'm 2 bowls in now, and this think stomps! If conduction vaping isnt your thing though, I would look elsewhere. Just ran it through water....It milks glass faster than a Grasshopper. This is a HEAVY on temp setting 4, but dont even think about using it natively on that level. That really is for glass only. No stirring is needed AT ALL, and everything is vaping flawlessly even. Think S&B consistency. Ill report back later with a full writeup!
Yahoo, so happy for you. Does it have a removable battery ? I'm very interested now thanks to your posts. :tup: PS love your art with Dynavap stems ! :clap::D

Top Bottom