dotLeaf

maremaresing

Really tempted by this one. Such a nice form factor. They really should provide different ovens, and at least two in the package.

How do you clean it?
What are the drip tips and adapters made of?

Last edited:
maremaresing,
Reactions: RobbIt

maremaresing

Why don't the forums allow editing of a previous post?

To answer one of my prev questions, the tip and adapters are Delrin:
Polyoxymethylene, also known as acetal, polyacetal, and polyformaldehyde, is an engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability.

Last edited:
maremaresing,

Traveler

Just got my shipping notification - If the USPS doesn't keep conspiring against me I should have it by Monday

Traveler,
Reactions: BestBuds

RobbIt

Did you order from the Dot website? Anyone know if it’s being sold on other sites?

RobbIt,

Traveler

Did you order from the Dot website? Anyone know if it’s being sold on other sites?
Yeah, directly from their website. I'm not sure if there are any other vendors. Originally the site showed that it wasn't available until 12/18, but then 2 days ago it opened up for ordering so I jumped on board. Id imagine if there are retailers - it might be those e-cigs-centric vendors as the company already has that infrastructure/relationships in place.

Traveler,

maremaresing

Vapor DNA has it, and if you give them a subscription email they give you 10% off. Just ordered a dotLeaf + spare oven + 2day fedex for $166!
.... I just ordered an untested boutique expensive portable after I just bought an EVO two weeks ago :doh:

VAS did a sneak attack (Damn you khelek41girl for all your work and videos and risk)! Honestly what really put me over the edge was realizing I could use my EVO hydratubes with this. Helio or calyx is gonna be amazing at a high setting, I hope.

edit: I see where you got your cool door from Khelek! Nice to have the whole dotAIO customization cheaply available day one on this vape.

Last edited:

Fullmeltsandbox88

The Boxmod manufacturers will flip the game and put the pressure on the single source/long wait vapes with high price points. 2021 is going to be awesome for dryherb vapes. Wait until VaporShark puts a mini like the DotLeaf with full DNA chip. Mini chambers ect ~

Fullmeltsandbox88,

Traveler

Vapor DNA has it, and if you give them a subscription email they give you 10% off. Just ordered a dotLeaf + spare oven + 2day fedex for $166!
.... I just ordered an untested boutique expensive portable after I just bought an EVO two weeks ago :doh:

VAS did a sneak attack (Damn you khelek41girl for all your work and videos and risk)! Honestly what really put me over the edge was realizing I could use my EVO hydratubes with this. Helio or calyx is gonna be amazing at a high setting, I hope.

edit: I see where you got your cool door from Khelek! Nice to have the whole dotAIO customization cheaply available day one on this vape.
will the AIO doors fit the Leaf?

Traveler,

Traveler

Is the hard-case only included with the pre-release units? It looks nice.
I'm not sure, I haunt seen any indication that it isn't included with every unit

edit- of course now that Im looking at my order, I see no indication that it is included (unless its called the service pack - but Im thinking that is probably replacement o-rings and stuff)

maremaresing

It better come with it. It's in all the pictures and has spots for all the accessories that are confirmed to come with it. The outside of the case even says "dotleaf". Cases like that cost a couple bucks, so it's probably product packaging. Something I'd expect from a company as high end as dotmod.

edit- Some pictures show that case to have the product barcode sticker on the side with skus. It's product packaging.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Put pressure on them to do what? Shut down their business and quit?
Well that's like saying CNC routers will take the business of carpenters and wood carvers.. :)) People just like things made from other people because they have a soul and are unique ,unlike those vapes from bigger companies that are full of plastic and look like clones from Star Wars,i would always support the artisan Jedi's. Especially when you have 10 vapes waiting is not that big of a deal.

Fullmeltsandbox88

Well that's like saying CNC routers will take the business of carpenters and wood carvers.. :)) People just like things made from other people because they have a soul and are unique ,unlike those vapes from bigger companies that are full of plastic and look like clones from Star Wars,i would always support the artisan Jedi's. Especially when you have 10 vapes waiting is not that big of a deal.
🤣😎

Fullmeltsandbox88,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The Boxmod manufacturers will flip the game and put the pressure on the single source/long wait vapes with high price points. 2021 is going to be awesome for dryherb vapes. Wait until VaporShark puts a mini like the DotLeaf with full DNA chip. Mini chambers ect ~
Artisan convection vapes with on demand abilities seem to be the big innovation for 2019/20. Most everything else appears to be an minor upgrade or two including the new IH. Personally, I think the Vape market is getting over saturated, ( prices continue to fall) and a major thinning of the herd will happen in the next year or so. Hopefully I'm wrong and major innovations are in store for us in 2021.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Artisan convection vapes with on demand abilities seem to be the big innovation for 2019/20. Most everything else appears to be an minor upgrade or two including the new IH. Personally, I think the Vape market is getting over saturated, ( prices continue to fall) and a major thinning of the herd will happen in the next year or so. Hopefully I'm wrong and major innovations are in store for us in 2021.
The market is also over saturated with boxmods,but there are still people buying handmade ones for crazy money,sometìmes more expensive than vapes,same is with electric guitars too. What makes a price is the cost of manufacturing/amount of labor and also the demand for it. There is a train for everyone ,so i dont see those two fields of manufacturing comparable.
Apologies for derailing the thread ,i wont do it any further.
P.S Maybe some companies plan to bring prices down in order to get more sales and popularity ,while others will not and try to find a niche market .. Just for shit and giggles, checkout the new Bugatti modbox/vape pod!? ,lol only 500$

Last edited:

Fullmeltsandbox88

The thinning
Artisan convection vapes with on demand abilities seem to be the big innovation for 2019/20. Most everything else appears to be an minor upgrade or two including the new IH. Personally, I think the Vape market is getting over saturated, ( prices continue to fall) and a major thinning of the herd will happen in the next year or so. Hopefully I'm wrong and major innovations are in store for
Artisan convection vapes with on demand abilities seem to be the big innovation for 2019/20. Most everything else appears to be an minor upgrade or two including the new IH. Personally, I think the Vape market is getting over saturated, ( prices continue to fall) and a major thinning of the herd will happen in the next year or so. Hopefully I'm wrong and major innovations are in store for us
Def a thinning happening ~ but new innovations always around the corner. Competition is what drives a better product. Time will tell.

Fullmeltsandbox88,
Reactions: Whisper
Top Bottom