dotLeaf

Easywider

Simple is the way
I’m using one of the Pom style ones from FT that @khelek41girl linked. I quite e-cigs about 6 years ago so who knows how old it is.
8340B208-2DF9-4E8F-930D-D4E4E8C47F9E.jpeg

Edit: Also with the Pom style 510 tips they accept another 510 tip ontop, like stackable. So bottom piece can function as air control and you can still use your favourite tip ontop.

I just ordered a sherlock - https://www.fasttech.com/p/2377308 and this adjustable tip - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014589/2519100-resin-stainless-steel-hybrid-afc-adjustable

Last edited:

maremaresing

That one is SWEET and I'm just going to make a separate order for it and wait on forevershipping.

@khelek41girl I remember you talking about an AFC tip a while back, so I made sure this was in my FT order. Should make it so I can take big rips at high temps.

@khelek41girl @Easywider Thanks for the video and reassurance for testing! I've finished a load on 4, but didn't want to icarus doing it on a fresh load. Totally gonna do that now for amazing clouds.

Clearly I've been underestimating the dotleaf, even though it's been rocking my world so far. I've barely touched any other vapes since I got it. Love all the feedback and options we are talking about now that more people are getting theirs.

RobbIt

How many hits, on average, would you say that you got on each session? And do you have any idea how much herb you used in each session?

To me, four sessions sounds a little small for one 18650 battery, but if they were large-bowl size sessions, that would be a little more reasonable.
I was able to do 2.5 bowls with a fully charged to dead 18650. Heat settings 1 & 2. About 15 sessions.

RobbIt,
Reactions: Ramahs

mephisto

I had sworn off conduction vapes until this one. With the removable battery, excellent performance, and the full extraction, I have to say this vape restored my way of thinking about conduction. It absolutely demolishes hash/flower sammiches and does not taste like burning brake pads. Great f'n device!

Easywider

Simple is the way
I had sworn off conduction vapes until this one. With the removable battery, excellent performance, and the full extraction, I have to say this vape restored my way of thinking about conduction. It absolutely demolishes hash/flower sammiches and does not taste like burning brake pads. Great f'n device!

Completly agree! Although I need to try a sammy :brow:, the modularity of the mp and chamber are going to make it really easy and affordable for anyone who wants to adopt future improvements.

Easywider,
Reactions: mephisto

RobbIt

Well, I don't need it, but I caved and placed an order. It just looks too good to pass up. Thanks to @vapen00b for the discount code and to @khelek41girl for the real-world video review.
Right up there with the Crafty, Arc GT and Solo II in terms of build quality, ease of use, taste and battery life (beats all but Solo II on battery life). My only con is the device gets quite hot with back to back sessions on heat levels 3&4 and product did burn to black. However, vapor quality on 2 is still warm and tasty so I won’t need to go above level 3 going forward.

androponic

vaped.
Is it really a must to fill it to get the best out of it? i am usually a convection guy and somewhat a microdoser, but all the positive feedback has me wanting to pick one up.

androponic,

RobbIt

Is it really a must to fill it to get the best out of it? i am usually a convection guy and somewhat a microdoser, but all the positive feedback has me wanting to pick one up.
IDK. I’ve done 4 bowls so far, all filled lightly packed.

SkutFarkus

MMJ Patient
Whale VAS got the best of me... ordered from elementvape they have a $10 off purchases of $80+ Code: end
I believe the sale ends with the new year.
they also have replacement chambers and the dotaio doors/faceplate
on a side note:
super excited to get a conduction vape... almost went with the starryv3 for $75 but glad I held off. Always wanted to try a davinci IQ or pax2/3 but never could pull the trigger, thus why I always considered the starry.
I like the idea of having a 2nd herb/heating chamber already packed and ready to go for quick

SkutFarkus,
Reactions: RobbIt

RobbIt

That one is SWEET and I'm just going to make a separate order for it and wait on forevershipping.

@khelek41girl I remember you talking about an AFC tip a while back, so I made sure this was in my FT order. Should make it so I can take big rips at high temps.

@khelek41girl @Easywider Thanks for the video and reassurance for testing! I've finished a load on 4, but didn't want to icarus doing it on a fresh load. Totally gonna do that now for amazing clouds.

Clearly I've been underestimating the dotleaf, even though it's been rocking my world so far. I've barely touched any other vapes since I got it. Love all the feedback and options we are talking about now that more people are getting theirs.
Has anyone seen any cleaning/maintenance guidance ? I would think the entire chamber is alcohol immersible after removing rubber parts like o rings?

RobbIt,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Has the bottom of anyone’s oven started cracking? Received my dotLeaf last night, put it through it’s paces and am seriously impressed. So, this morning I load it up, set it temp 3, and it took a little longer for the buzz but I thought nothing of it and took the hit, instant combustion. So I took the oven out right away and the bottom of it was cracked pretty badly. Not sure what I did wrong, if anything.

Arawfish,
Reactions: Ramahs

purpletweed

Has the bottom of anyone’s oven started cracking? Received my dotLeaf last night, put it through it’s paces and am seriously impressed. So, this morning I load it up, set it temp 3, and it took a little longer for the buzz but I thought nothing of it and took the hit, instant combustion. So I took the oven out right away and the bottom of it was cracked pretty badly. Not sure what I did wrong, if anything.
This has happened to a few people I know. DotLeaf should replace it if you contact them; let us know how that goes, if you're willing.

purpletweed,

RobbIt

This has happened to a few people I know. DotLeaf should replace it if you contact them; let us know how that goes, if you're willing.
After 6 bowls, ok so far. I’ll watch for it — thanks. Love to hear what Dotleaf tells you though.

RobbIt,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Mines spidered on the bottom. 2 days now. So I guess it happened in the first 5 chambers. Hasn’t effected performance, was waiting to see if others have experienced this. I’ve dropped my chamber from waist height to the ground at least twice. Burnt fingers are slippery. Wasn’t sure if it was me or the device.

Easywider,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Ive heard from someone else that if you pack it too tightly, it can combust. I myself havent experienced that, but I always just lightly tamp it (using just the weight of the dab tool that comes with it.)

I have also had a tank crack, but they said that it should not affect performance, so I continue to use it and it seems to work ok. Im sure if you requested a replacement, they would accommodate. Their customer service is top notch. Im so glad to hear that everyone is enjoying theirs! I use mine almost every night.

This same thing has happened to me, but I thought I had caused it by stopping it mid heat up cycle. When I popped out the battery and put it back in, it worked fine. May just have been a fluke or something because I havent had that issue again since. I hope it was just a fluke for you too!

cardyology

Is the device smelly after use? I know it’s subjective and seems like a silly question, but my Pax3 absolutely stinks after use and it makes me paranoid in public.

Alternatively, is the included case smell-proof/air-tight?

cardyology,

TedK

Any UK folks picked up one of these yet? I have seen a few UK retailers but waiting to see if they have the newer updated parts.

Was looking to get a FW7 originally, but a small conduction based vaporiser, that can put out clouds like the dotleaf may be a good substitute (and avoid customs tariffs). Has anybody used both to compare?
Yeah picked one up before Christmas from a UK vendor. serial number 0057 the the o -ring came damaged out of the box. I'd wait until they have fixed these issues, before picking one up.
Yeah same thing with mine after little use, small cracks on the bottom of the tank.
The device is great I wish i could give it more praise, but the fact that it came damaged and the tank has cracked after minimal use, has left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Soft launching a product like this is a bit naughty, I didn't expect to be beta testing their product for them especially when i paid for it.

RobbIt

:rofl:
Very true. Canadian here standing out in the snow In front of a bonfire. Excited his new vape doubles as an excellent hand-warmer
Not nearly as smelly as the Pax. The factory case, yes it is relatively smell proof/air tight.
Agree with Mephisto.
Also I’d like to post pics of the dotleaf and Dotmod AIO (but can’t figure out how)! These two are identical except for the chipset and chamber—brilliant redesign! And as Kalek41girl mentioned, the doors are interchangeable. I have pics of the Limited Edition Grey AIO and green dotleaf with doors swapped. Very eclectic !

dzunk

wtf? i was reading through this thread, thinking it might be a good vape, but with cracking oven it doesnt seem very durable...

dzunk,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Agree with Mephisto.
Also I’d like to post pics of the dotleaf and Dotmod AIO (but can’t figure out how)! These two are identical except for the chipset and chamber—brilliant redesign! And as Kalek41girl mentioned, the doors are interchangeable. I have pics of the Limited Edition Grey AIO and green dotleaf with doors swapped. Very eclectic !

Use imgbb or imgur to upload the photos and then paste the BB code here btw

Shit Snacks,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
wtf? i was reading through this thread, thinking it might be a good vape, but with cracking oven it doesnt seem very durable...
Apparently there is a science to wrapping a metal heating element around a ceramic oven without causing it to crack regardless of the heat up or cool down temps and/or roughness of handling. Other vape companies have through trial and error successfully worked out the manufacturing issues and DotLeaf will too. They have a stellar rep so probably priority one is to remedy this problem if for no other reason than their bottom line. Very promising vape at a reasonable price. Lets wait and see how this is addressed.

Top Bottom