Do you like coffee?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I forgot how wonderful it can be to wake and bake with a good cup of coffee. I rarely have the opportunity, but after a few chill mornings recently it is a nice way to start a relax day. I believe the coffee helps mellow out a high when you may take a little too much sativa. The two compliment each other.

This is probably gonna be sacrilege to some of you, but we have a small nespresso machine and love the thing. It has been going strong for a couple years now. I'm sure it isn't as good as a pro setup, but it tastes great to us and man is it easy. We do the french press in the morning and run the nespresso in the evening. I enjoy a TM2 bowl with an espresso and a few Biscoff cookies.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
This is probably gonna be sacrilege to some of you, but we have a small nespresso machine and love the thing. It has been going strong for a couple years now. I'm sure it isn't as good as a pro setup, but it tastes great to us and man is it easy. We do the french press in the morning and run the nespresso in the evening. I enjoy a TM2 bowl with an espresso and a few Biscoff cookies.
Even though I have that fancy Italian race car machine I still love a cup of my black Ristretto from my wife's Nespresso ... I also have a French handheld machine i use at work which is kind of a mini bicycle pump espresso gizmo which turns out great coffee using ESE pods 🤣...

In the end its just like with marijuana ... its the ritual ... enjoy my friend ☕🌿

NYC_Frank

Black And White Coffee GIF

GetLeft

First drank coffee as my parents made it in a percolator pot, those true blue all american super sized electric moka pots. Picked up a moka pot after my first stint in Spain (they were everywhere) but since I wasn't in control of the coffee or grind (depended on my parents for my food : ) I couldn't maximize its potential. Once on my own tried to base my coffee production on the french press. Tried an aeropress a few years ago due to discussions I found here. But by and large use automatic drip makers for daily consumption. Each of the other methods I've tried have had issues that made me move on from them.

That being said, automatic drip machines are so varied in their results that you can spend a lot of money finding one that works for you. I bought back-to-back versions of a Mr. Coffee model that made the best coffee I've had from an automatic. But even though the model is still available, the coating on the hot plate wore off and the plate started to rust on both models even when everything else was working fine. Also the window of the water well was tinted and I could no longer easily see the water level, which was a definite detractor. So I moved on to a Ninja which is better than others I've tried but can't produce the same richness as my preferred Mr. Coffee model.

Unfortunately, I'm basically a microdoser these days. Can't handle two cups each morning like I could before. Upsets my stomach. Sometimes don't even finish a cup. That makes using an automatic drip maker kind of a waste. The 2 cup settings (of which I typically toss half) can't produce the richness of a 4-6 cup batch.

I may pull out the aeropress again one of these days. But hands down my best coffee maker is a middle of the road Capresso espresso machine. I use it only rarely but may set that up in no. 1 position and give the automatic drip machine a break. Problem with espresso is it's gone in a skinny minute. Doesn't make a great accompaniement to a breakfast becase it's gone before I start eating : )

Oh yeah... haven't tried olive oil but I've tried coconut oil in coffee and it's surprisingly ok.

NYC_Frank

This 9barista stovetop sure looks sweet (click the image below to see the video) ... unfortunately with both coffee and vape acquisition syndromes you could end up broke ... but happy 😊

GetLeft

Dang that looks good! And I'm guessing you really do mean broke! I didn't see a model like this in macbill's Feb 11 post, above. Think there's a knock-off out there somewhere :lol:

NYC_Frank

Dang that looks good! And I'm guessing you really do mean broke! I didn't see a model like this in macbill's Feb 11 post, above. Think there's a knock-off out there somewhere :lol:

It's just a jet engine version of the Moka Pot in MacBill's post ... ☕💨

Screenshot-20230407-165919-Chrome.jpg

Dustin McKief

Has anyone given up coffee or seriously reduced the amount they drink? How?
Yes, cold turkey. Hours long headache sometimes during withdrawal, but not for long. I think level of side effects would depend on one’s dose and frequency.

It might help to titrate down gradually (smaller pour or cup).

Dustin McKief,

Old Moderate

Has anyone given up coffee or seriously reduced the amount they drink? How?
I try to maintain a balance where a cup of coffee gives me a huge boost when needed. Love the taste but if I have it every day I lose the kick and dependency sets in. I’ve got it dialed so I can have coffee three days in a row and then could skip a day or three without a headache. I have a pot of tea every morning. Without the tea as a daily baseline I could not handle the caffeine from a cup of coffee so I’ve found that as my balance. Love both tea and coffee. Have coffee about 3-4 days a week. Huge boost during those days and then no headache the other days. That’s right on the edge for me. If I drink coffee for a week I know I’ve got at least one day of low energy and probably a headache to get back to my preferred schedule. When I stopped cold turkey from multiple cups a days it was two weeks of exhaustion and headaches, but then it was kinda cool to wake up in the morning full of energy right away. Did that for several months (no caffeine). Trouble was that then even a cup of tea made me jittery and I couldn’t enjoy a cappuccino. So I found what I think is now the right balance for me. Now if I get sucked into buying that 9barista espresso machine a few posts back, all bets will be off…

Top Bottom