• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Divine Tribe atty's

Improvaper

As much as we want TCR to be a magic perfect number, there are many variables involved. A major one is which mod you use. TCR 200 has been flawless for me on my Wismec Gen3 Dual, but it varies on other mods. You need a good thermometer to verify your settings, and they're not terribly expensive.

gra.4083

V5 Settings. Ive been playing around between TCR 170 and 185. temp ranging from 450-500f having good results currently on two different picos with tcr 182 34w 470f and tcr 178 34w 485f on my eleaf aster mod. im loving the big hits from my v5 but prefer the flavor of my Psic V4s which are still in heavy rotation

arrr

@divinetribe can't wait for v5, sent email to be added to waiting list but was told will get a notification email when orders can be placed on the website. Was wondering if there was something else I should do.

Also wondering when The Core maybe back in stock and what (economical) box mods are people using with the v5?

Thanks

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@divinetribe can't wait for v5, sent email to be added to waiting list but was told will get a notification email when orders can be placed on the website. Was wondering if there was something else I should do.

Also wondering when The Core maybe back in stock and what (economical) box mods are people using with the v5?

Thanks
Matt is working on releasing a upgraded Core with a compatable V5. They are hoping for a late November release. There are posts about it on their reddit page.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: arrr

lazylathe

Almost there...

Thanks

Best place to check for updates:

lazylathe,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hi, all !
I just got the new release of the v5, new spacer, new heaters. Didn't get a new base due to a shortage. The oid one works.
I'll have images for you real soon.
Seems like folks don't know what the V5's heaters are made from, so I'll explain a little here.
The cup is made from Al2O3 (Aluminum Oxide, Alumina) ceramic. The spacer is Zirconia. The embedded coil is tungsten, with high temp tungsten slurry solder on nickel leads. The cup is sealed with a high temp 1300°c glaze.
The tungsten wire is embedded inside the alumina cup, heating it from the inside out, including the side walls.

For those of you who were part of the beta tester group (those who got their v5 already), you will get a new spacer with 4 wide teeth instead of the prototype's spacer with 8 teeth. This was due to some beta test reports, including mine, of 1 or more teeth snapping off from heat expansion. You will also receive 2 new heaters, which are about 0.25mm wider, allowing Divine Tribe's inserts to fit.

So far, people have chimed in on the use of TCR values on the new heaters. Some say the recommended 215 from Matt is great, others prefer the old 180 value, saying the 215 seems 'too hot'. As stated by @OF a few posts back, the TCR value shouldn't really increase with these new cups, at least on paper.

I will let you know when I get this wired up and vaping, but right now I'm assuming I will be using the same settings as I had on the prototype cup. My settings on the prototype cup are 35W (Matt now suggests not going over 35 watts), 440° F, TCR 180 (on a DNA mod).

Those of you curious about what is in the glaze that is applied to the alumina cup can see some info here about what is in the glaze: https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/what-goes-into-glazes-2746232

For those wondering about the alumina cup, here's some info: https://digitalfire.com/oxide/al2o3

If you want to know how to set TCR values on a DNA mod, see here: https://thevapor.ninja/tcr/

For all of you waiting to get the V5 for the 1st time..... stay tuned ! They should be (here's hoping...) available by mid-December !

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Regarding TCR and what temperature the cup is actually at, I have this, from uitpersen:

Measured with a Fluke 52-2 temp meter and two different k type thermocouples.
Standard wire style thermocouple and a fluke surface probe.
My Terpometer measures round 30° hotter.

-TCR 180, 38w, 410°f, .46 ohm heater:
This setting with a .46 ohm heater is close to the set temp around 25-30 second.

At around 20 seconds the temp is 380°f by 30 seconds it's 410°f.
Hold past 30 seconds for another 15 sec and the temp fluctuates around 445°f by about 8 degrees.
90 second hold and the temps reached 461°f.
-TFR Ni, 38w, 210°f, .46 ohm heater.
Actual temp is reached much faster.
About 15 seconds to reach 410°f and at 20 sec I'm at 433°f, 30 sec at 445°f.

Hold past 30 seconds for another 15 sec and the temp fluctuates around 448°f, holding for 90 secs temp reached 471°f

-uitpersen

I'd just like to add that the V5 starts vaping at around 15-20 seconds from firing, so the higher temps aren't reaching the cup during use.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
... Beem testing out the new, for upcoming release very soon, DT V5.

First take is that the glaze job is MUCH better. I can't speak for the inserts fitting, because I don't have any. I don't really intend to use any, either. The glazed alumina cup works wonderfully.
I'll be doing a full review etc. soon, afer some testing. As far as TCR goes for the new heaters.... the ol' TCR 180 from the prototype seems to work just fine. I tried 200, it's decent, a bit of a softer hit, maybe I like it, not sure.
Here's some images (EDIT: New V5 users will have a knurled based, basically the same base but with knurling):

20211126_135652.jpg

20211126_135828.jpg

20211126_135719.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

... Beem testing out the new, for upcoming release very soon, DT V5.

First take is that the glaze job is MUCH better. I can't speak for the inserts fitting, because I don't have any. I don't really intend to use any, either. The glazed alumina cup works wonderfully.
I'll be doing a full review etc. soon, afer some testing. As far as TCR goes for the new heaters.... the ol' TCR 180 from the prototype seems to work just fine. I tried 200, it's decent, a bit of a softer hit, maybe I like it, not sure.
Here's some images (EDIT: New V5 users will have a knurled based, basically the same base but with knurling):

Very exciting. I'm trying to figure out if there is only one type of V5. Is the V5 that is supposed to be compatable with the Core erigs the same as the V5 that you are using? From what I am guessing, the V5 for the Core might come with a different housing for that erig setup?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: chimpybits

anasrzi

How does flavour compare between SiC and Alumina ceramic? I have and use regularly my AVS m22 (well aware of the issues many have had, so we will pass that by. Mines been great start to finish). My biggest issue is the bucket size, I tend to get oil spit into the mouthpiece even with small, rice size loads.

But I love the flavour and produces enough vapour for me. The V5 looks like a larger bowl, with the added benefit of side wall heating, just wonder if there's a compromise on flavour?

anasrzi,
Reactions: florduh

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
secret link for FC peeps who have bought a core in the past and want to try the v5 coil in it
please do not share this link only have 30 of these proto coils in stock

THANKYOU10 for 10% off

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer

All EMAILs have been sent with v5 link IF you did not get it check spam folder, here is the link below as well.. I am confident I will have stock through the New year. Spare parts are limited but we plan on stocking them as soon as we can.​

renderTimingPixel.png

ineedhemp.com/produc...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

All EMAILs have been sent with v5 link IF you did not get it check spam folder, here is the link below as well.. I am confident I will have stock through the New year. Spare parts are limited but we plan on stocking them as soon as we can.​

renderTimingPixel.png

ineedhemp.com/produc...

Congratulations, looks great. Personally, I did not signup, so I’ll certainly be interested when sales are open to general public.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: tb42091

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Is the V5 that is supposed to be compatable with the Core erigs the same as the V5 that you are using? From what I am guessing, the V5 for the Core might come with a different housing for that erig setup?

Here, this might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/qxtf7w
Click the image above for the article it'll link you to. It has a review of it, and explanations.

How does flavour compare between SiC and Alumina ceramic?

Well, I prefer the tastes I get from the Alumina, personally, also an easier cleanup due to the glaze. Helps too that it's white. The fact that it's wider DOES help in many ways, to vaporize concentrates more effectively.

We're all happy and excited about the V5 being (sort of) available !
Thanks Matt !
<3

BabyFacedFinster

tb42091

I decided to jump on the herb cafe's stock last weekend instead of waiting, just got my black v5 in! Also got some extra cups. I'm not expecting any different functionally from the proto, but will update after I've used it a bit. I appreciate all the time and work put into these!

tb42091,
Top Bottom