Divine Tribe atty's

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
The RX2 20700 by Wismec is a great mod, even though it takes a larger battery.
It takes Arctic Fox flashing wonderfully. The 20700 type batteries are easy to find and basically the same deal. The plus is that they have a higher mAh rating which means longer battrey life, also they have higher amp limit.

You can get the Wismec RX2 20700 mod right now, before they vanish forever. Most sites are out of stock on this mod.
Get it here: https://myvpro.com/collections/end-of-year-sale/products/reuleaux-rx2-20700-starter-kit-by-wismec !
Use the code 'MyVpro10' to get the discount.

Here's my images using the DT Dab Rig with this mod, it's a perfect pair-up, no cable required !

https://imgur.com/a/eZQup5Y

Apparently FC Forum is not enabling us to upload images anymore, nor can it handle large imgur images. That's too bad.

Enjoying the heck out the V5. The bulk of the questions I get are for how to set TCR correctly, and connectivity issues with improper assembly.

Here's a video made by Matt from Divine Tribe that I share with people, which shows you how to properly center the wire when you're installing a V5 cup. This done improperly can cause resistance issues:

Here's a video of the V5 with an FLIR thermal camera:

Here's a view of TCR 180 showing live temp readings on a DNA device with the V5:

Take care everyone and enjoy that V4/V5/whatever yer usin' !

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
So I did manage to get arctic fox loaded on my Joyetec evic mini and set it up for the V5. I have been getting some good hits with it set on a 60 sec autofire. Based on settings that I read somewhere I have it currently set at tcr 180, 36w and 420F. I was hoping to get the hits to be a bit cooler on the throat. Is it as simple as lowering the temp from 420F or should I be messing with the other values first?

androponic

vaped.
So I did manage to get arctic fox loaded on my Joyetec evic mini and set it up for the V5. I have been getting some good hits with it set on a 60 sec autofire. Based on settings that I read somewhere I have it currently set at tcr 180, 36w and 420F. I was hoping to get the hits to be a bit cooler on the throat. Is it as simple as lowering the temp from 420F or should I be messing with the other values first?
you on discord? you can get help real fast over there on the DT server.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I was hoping to get the hits to be a bit cooler on the throat
First, before you decide on which TCR value to set, do the 'cotton test' as I have described here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/divine-tribe-attys.14455/post-1615816, and see what TCR value turns your q-tip turns a golden brown when swirling on a hot cup set at 35w and 470 F. Try between TCR 170-220.
Some users are using temps as low as 340. Experiment, see what you like. The TCR value will also change how quickly it vapes and how hot.
However, more times than not, I have found that WHAT your vaping makes a HUGE difference.
For example ,some low quality concentrates will char more easily, and some will give you a strong lung punch. Terpenes can play a large role in this. Some terpenes are actually quite caustic, and cause our lung linings to react.
So set up your mod right, if you've eliminated that possibility, then try some concentrates like pure live rosin or some softer terpenes mixed in.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
First, before you decide on which TCR value to set, do the 'cotton test' as I have described here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/divine-tribe-attys.14455/post-1615816, and see what TCR value turns your q-tip turns a golden brown when swirling on a hot cup set at 35w and 470 F. Try between TCR 170-220.
Some users are using temps as low as 340. Experiment, see what you like. The TCR value will also change how quickly it vapes and how hot.
However, more times than not, I have found that WHAT your vaping makes a HUGE difference.
For example ,some low quality concentrates will char more easily, and some will give you a strong lung punch. Terpenes can play a large role in this. Some terpenes are actually quite caustic, and cause our lung linings to react.
So set up your mod right, if you've eliminated that possibility, then try some concentrates like pure live rosin or some softer terpenes mixed in.
This is great advice, thank you DJ. I use a v4 with the SIC cup, so have completely different values and settings; however, your point that WHAT you’re vaping makes a difference is 100% true. I primarily use live resins, some rosins (can’t usually afford those), and CBD resins and rosins. I lower temps for rosins, but some strains are just smoother or harsher than others. I’ve had different batches of CBD rosin from the same company that vape differently, even though the lab reports are within a margin of error’s worth of difference on cannabinoid and terpene contents.

I have not had great luck with hitting Divine Tribe attys dry. It works, but is waaaay too harsh for my old and sick lungs. Even just using the glass attachments Matt sells dry makes a huge difference, but I tend to hit mine through water. I’m sure I miss flavor, but I just can’t take concentrates (or even most flower) dry anymore. I use too much, too often, and water just smooths everything out. (I do use my sticky brick dry through a J-hook for excellent concentrates or top-notch flower for smaller hits when I want to check out a new strain or flavor profile)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Excellent point !
Totally overlooked that water diffusion might not be being used.
Definitely a game changer on the lung capacity and smoothness. However, as you say, flavor can be muted a bit.

On the V4, I use the little 14mm male glass top Matt sells. And after trying all kinds of small and medium “bubblers”, I bought the one from Matt, the HUBBLE BUBBLER I believe is the name. It’s like a medium size compared to the small ones, but is actually not as big as I thought in pictures. One of his videos showed him using it. 14mm female. Unlike many of the smaller bubblers that only take a thimble of water, this one holds just enough to actually COOL the harshness. Give it a try, it’s inexpensive, one of reasons we love Matt!

Oil420FL

Yes !
I used the Hubble Bubble bubbler for a very long time.
I still do when visitng friends and sharing the v5.
At home I'm using Matt's dab rig and 510mod's bottomless banger.

Here's an image of my home setup:

All the best !
I don't see an o-ring. Is the 510mod bottomless banger giving you a tight fit without one?

I got my BB from Matt and made the mistake of throwing the o-rings in iso with the glass and forgot to take them out. The internal diameter of the BB is only 21mm. So now they're too big to fit. The other o-rings I have are too small so it's not a tight fit. And I broke the carb cap before I even used it once. So I'm thinking I'll just go back to using a bubbler.

Oil420FL,

DingoGlittering

I had to swap my bottom clear o-ring on both my v5 bases in order to fit the v5 BB from Matt. Either, way I would recommend just reaching out to him and ordering some new o-rings so you can keep using your BB. The Hubble Bubble is nice but it's no replacement for a proper dab through a real rig.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes !
I used the Hubble Bubble bubbler for a very long time.
I still do when visitng friends and sharing the v5.
At home I'm using Matt's dab rig and 510mod's bottomless banger.

Here's an image of my home setup:

All the best !
Hi, thank you for everything you share about Matt's devices. Can I ask you respectivelly why your cup is white with the tiny black marks? The Sic cup is more grey/black, is it another sort of ceramic in the V5?

I was very close to order the V5 when it cames out but I'm already so satisfied with my DTv4 I couldn't see why to jump on the train, could you share the advantages of the V5 please? I use my V4 at home only like you with a bottom less banger, sic cup but not the last polished cup though... I was under the impression the advantages to be the easier donut&cup replacement and best portability but I probably missed something else... thank you indavance!

PPN,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
My thoughts on the v5.

Received mine a week ago. Great bit of kit. Was a bit concerned about the ceramic bucket and cleaning but the polished bucket is pretty good. And you get a spare in the box.

The buckets have the heating element built in so decent TC. And it works well. Woohoo.

It's a bit big and bulky, especially compared to the slick m22.

Taste is excellent. Only slightly beaten by the M22 when working on TC (which is very very very rarely due to its clip design and dependence on the AVS mod which is still in development).

I'm comparing to:

AVS M22; when my M22 works it's the best. But generally I'm on wattage so it's not as good cause the clips are rubbish with resistance creep. Until the AVS mod becomes available then the v5 is better imo.

Sequoia with sic; v5 better. Has proper tc buckets and bigger bucket. Sic easier to clean but in this case I prefer the v5 with TC. Not used anymore.

Qomo; qomo runs too hot even in lowest setting. Shame as could have been better. No comparison really. Only advantage is no mod or batteries required. Not used.

Coil king pen; coil king more pocketable but coil based so no competition really other than subtlety. Used very occasionally when situation demands total secrecy.

Dcup; well, the dcup on sapphire is obviously much better but not mobile so unfair comparison. I use my dcup every day and it's a champ.

Overall, so far I'm.very impressed. So much so my M22 has been packed away. Probably going to sell the sequoia.
Why pulse on wattage when I can set the temp depending on material, double click and draw. Ahhhh, bliss. I've forgotten how nice working tc is.

Tcr set to 190. Temp 210c. Wismec Rx gen 3.

Thanks to @RecVapeS for the great deal and great products.

Last edited:

Andy

Hi, Does anyone know if there’s any coupon codes available for divine tribe? Thx!

Andy,

al bundy

Vaporist
I’ve read you can use the v5 in the M22 base
I will try it when I get home this week I have 2 M22s. And 3 v5 heaters
And even with the control tower I believe the clips will still be the weak point.
To bad ESSC can’t have the legs/clips to hold and the wire to power

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I left a PM here a month ago for @divinetribe didn’t hear back from Matt, so I wrote to DT customer service, and did receive a reply to my questions from someone else.

I have a V4 with 14mm glass vortex WPA, but was told, the older V4 “all glass vortex tops” DON’T FIT the new V5 base, though the listing for the new tools say:

“This All Glass Vortex top will fit v4 – v4.5 – & v5”​

Regardless, I’ll buy the new base and new glass tops.

QUESTION:
Has anyone tried or considered using the:

“Polished SIC Silicon Carbide Crucible Insert and Heater for the v5 and Core 2.0 eRig”​

HERE:

The height of the SIC bucket INSERT is TALLER then the V5 bucket, but CS told me this would NOT interfere with the TUBES in the “all glass vortex tops”. I ASSUME, the top part of the SIC bucket may not get heated evenly as it sticks out of the top of the V5 bucket, and will obviously reduce the bowl volume, but PERHAPS be easier to clean then the bare V5 bucket? It’s $45, but might be worth it?

Ive been using the DV5 for a couple of weeks
new to rosins. I find it hard to know when the dab is over. I find I can get 3 delicious dabs, then I could get as many as 3 or even 4 more puffs, but they taste more and more harsh.

I use a aegis legend mod
tcr 183
33w
340F

it takes about 20 seconds to reach the temp, then i probably maitain the temp for around 10-15 secs. Is it possible that technique eventually raise overly the temp in the ceramic dish and I eventually reach over 400F?

I also feel my lungs are a bit rougher lately, compared to my dc elev8r setup ive been using for a year only with flower...

youknowyou87,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom