Divine Tribe atty's

Raz0r

What TC mode are you in when trying to use the donut atomizer? I use Ni Mode and 230-250F on a Tesla Nano 60w. On the cuboid you're probably going to want to set one of the TCR memory slots to 245 or so & between 370-400F. If possible set max wattage to something <13w.

Hope that helps!

Currently I can run
Dry herb on 35w+ only to get something - but arizer solo is better.
Donut on 15w to make it red in 10 sec - but 510 nail also looks better for me.

All other mods don't work

fernand

@Steven From pictures it looked like air comes in beneath the donut on the V3. The larger donut might accommodate a 7 mm cup without air lifting it as much as in the 2.X design. As to the ability to maintain Temp Control against a direct air blast, we'll see. It seems most people want clouds and are much less concerned with the temperature of vaporization.

@Raz0r I don't have the dry herb unit, I too like the Solo. For the Divide Tribe donut atomizer you don't really want to run it in wattage mode if you have a Temp Control capable mod. If you're running it "in the red" it will fail pretty quickly, that's not the intended use.

I would set the M1, M2 and M3 TCR memories to 190, 210 and 230. Set the wattage limit to 12 watts. Set the target temp to 380 deg F at first, and of course engage Temp Control mode.

Start with the M1 TCR profile. If that's not hot enough to give you flavorful vapor, go up the M2, then M3. The vapor doesn't need to be Beijing smog. Check it out, but the actives are boiling off very well in a thinner haze, and that's what does the job.

Since it's hard to measure the actual temp you have to play it by ear. 460 deg F is probably as hot as you'll want to go, but that may or may not match what's on the display. Picking different TCR values stored in M1, M2, M3 is an attempt to make the two agree. You can always adjust M3 to a higher value, like 245. Once the unit is dialed in this way, 380 deg should give you a more alerting affect, and 440 a more sedating effect, while never burning the oils. That's the point of Temp Control.

Some people are turning the wattage limit up, but most of us here are keeping it around 12 watts to avoid damaging the donut, especially if the mod jumps out of Temp Control. To burn off residue you turn off TC and just run it at 12 watts, pulsing the button to keep it from glowing for more than a couple seconds at a time. Best success!

Last edited:

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
by the way the bigger donut fires hotter at lower temps. on my eleaf 40w TC the v2.7 worked great for me at 320f
the V3 VAPES perfect at 260f
PLEASE START LOW AND WORK UP
Is the ceramic dry atomizer a conduction based atty or convection?
the sides of the ceramic cup heat up so you get a even vape. it does not burn it at the bottom and leave it green on top. like so many others

14262690_674917062684058_1421403761_n.jpg

14334449_514282865437605_813503261_n.jpg

Last edited:

OF

Where's everybody? Found a new love? Couch-locked an' grinning in Tarzana?

We're all over here, whispering to each other, giggling and pointing at you. And ducking down when you look this way........

Hi guys. I'm using Cuboid + DT 2.7 combo. And have problems
1) atomizer for dry herb.
2) donut atomizer - on TC 230F on 12w it going in "protection" mode, and nothing happened. On 20w wattage mode my shatter became liquid and that's all.

I have no problem with Chinese 510 titanium nail on 50w, but wanna use DT attys. Please help with settings

1) If you check back in this thread you'll find none of us had any success with TC and the DC atty (Divine Crossing, the herb version, not Divine Tribe, the concentrate version which the Cuboid will drive in TC mode with the right settings.

For the DC atty use VW mode. Best look up the value, IIRC it's something like 20 Watts? But in this case, being so important, I would not trust my memory.....neither should you. Look it up?

2). If you want to do TC with the DT atty, that calls for a custom M value of around 245 (set one of the TCR values to this), set the power limit to 12 Watts, and the temperature to 390F. With a .1 gram initial load, and .05 gram 'top ups' you should be off to a good start.

Good luck with your experiments. You might want to read this thread so to save making all the mistakes we all did?

OF

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
We're all over here, whispering to each other, giggling and pointing at you. And ducking down when you look this way........

1) If you check back in this thread you'll find none of us had any success with TC and the DC atty (Divine Crossing, the herb version, not Divine Tribe, the concentrate version which the Cuboid will drive in TC mode with the right settings.

For the DC atty use VW mode. Best look up the value, IIRC it's something like 20 Watts? But in this case, being so important, I would not trust my memory.....neither should you. Look it up?

If you want to do TC with the DT atty, that those settings call for a custom M value of around 245 (set one of the TCR values to this), set the power limit to 12 Watts, and the temperature to 390F. With a .1 gram initial load, and .05 gram 'top ups' you should be off to a good start.

Good luck with your experiments. You might want to read this thread so to save making all the mistakes we all did?

OF
the generation 2 DC that will be rebuildable off of the v3 base, will be using a smaller heated ceramic cup, I am hoping this will make it Temp out !!!

Steven

@fernand Im actually not interested in the crucibles. I'm just curious about the airflow situation in general but it's no biggie. I'm gonna find out in a few days when they come in. I'm going to look forward to being able to break it down and give it a proper cleaning. It's crazy how long these donuts will last now. Now it will be possible to clean crust underneath the donut and also crust build up around the leads. And now I find out it can even be built to a herb vape? Much props Matt. Nice design. Temp Control is definitely the goal to chase on the dc

Steven,
Reactions: OF

fernand

@Steven of course with the V3 being rebuildable it removes one reason to use a "pan on the burner", you can just take it apart and clean it.

The other reasons have to do with temp control and having separate cups of different material ready to vape on that single burner. That and avoiding mixing strains on one burner, not having to dry burn it immediately etc. Setting aside the kitchen analogies, it's a little like using ammo in cartridges instead of a muzzle-loader musket.

by the way the bigger donut fires hotter at lower temps. on my eleaf 40w TC the v2.7 worked great for me at 320f
the V3 VAPES perfect at 260f
PLEASE START LOW AND WORK UP

So I'm guessing the V3 has a lower TCR? Anyone have an idea how to maths to find the new TCR using Matt's old and new preferred TC-Ni temperatures?

@OF, gonna bust out that thermocouple when your V3 arrives?

OF

So I'm guessing the V3 has a lower TCR? Anyone have an idea how to maths to find the new TCR using Matt's old and new preferred TC-Ni temperatures?

@OF, gonna bust out that thermocouple when your V3 arrives?

IMO that's a bad assumption to make. Since TCR is related to material alone, unless that material changed (unlikely, he said he was 'working with the same people'?) that won't change. It might take a minor tweak if the thermal model is very different, but I doubt that too. Remember the mod Matt is using (TC 40W) is a compromise, the reason we went to a programmable TCR mod is to get away from that. His technique has a 'work around' built in already. I run my TC 40Ws in VW mode, for sure that will need some adjustment to get temperature back where we want it. Using an accurate TCR mode I think will be pretty smooth.

We'll know right away if your assumption needs exploring. Although I don't know why you'd think it would be lower (as opposed to higher?) we'd know within a hit or two if it was off by much, 390F (or similar temperature settings) would yield lower vapor output, not the expected larger volumes from the increased working area. This one is 13mm? The old one 7? Nearly double the diameter, or more importantly the radius? Remember, the formula for area uses the SQUARE of the radius, double it and you get FOUR TIMES more area...... That depends on how big the hole is, of course, but assuming the same ratio I'd expect it to behave like several 2.7s running in parallel once it gets rolling. Cloud chasers will be dancing in the streets, the Nail guys will still be griping. That's my prediction for now.

Yes, several of us know how to calculate a new TCR value if needed. Not to worry, more than enough to get that job done. After all, that's how we got to '245', right?

In such things you really only need two guys: One to lie the other to swear to it........

OF

Raz0r

If you want to do TC with the DT atty, that calls for a custom M value of around 245 (set one of the TCR values to this), set the power limit to 12 Watts, and the temperature to 390F. With a .1 gram initial load, and .05 gram 'top ups' you should be off to a good start.

OF

Hi, yes I see some search pages with "cuboid" and found that I have the same prob!em as others.
But I couldn't run DT attys in TC only in wattage. For concentrat when I'm trying to use TC 12w*300f I see word PROTECTION on the screen and nothing happens

OF

Hi, yes I see some search pages with "cuboid" and found that I have the same prob!em as others.
But I couldn't run DT attys in TC only in wattage. For concentrat when I'm trying to use TC 12w*300f I see word PROTECTION on the screen and nothing happens

Not just Cuboid. Collectively I bet we've tried a dozen models? No joy, that kind of news generally gets shared right away and has a way of attracting attention. Hang around, if someone sorts it out, you'll probably hear about it here first.

Again, there are lots of ways to set it up 'wrong' (at least not as successful as we find it). Only one that seems to work. If you haven't intentionally inputted "245" into the mix you're not there yet. That's a 'fine tune' on TC mode to reflect 'our heater' as opposed to other types/materials and is necessary to getting the results you're likely looking for. This procedure has been posted, 'step by step' many times. Those using the same 'chip set' like Pico, Mini, RX 200, TC 100W, and those guys work the same way. The common key is the custom M value, 245.

"Protection" as a limit can be reached many ways. Apparently not the way you'd like?

Good luck with it.

OF

Iamlarrytoo

My "3" should arrive today. I'm thinking I will wait for the OF-ficial M value prior to using this. I really love the 2.7, can't imagine much better performance, but am looking forward to a cleaner system. Can't help it. I like clean equipment.

Lar

IMO that's a bad assumption to make. Since TCR is related to material alone, unless that material changed (unlikely, he said he was 'working with the same people'?) that won't change. It might take a minor tweak if the thermal model is very different, but I doubt that too. Remember the mod Matt is using (TC 40W) is a compromise, the reason we went to a programmable TCR mod is to get away from that. His technique has a 'work around' built in already. I run my TC 40Ws in VW mode, for sure that will need some adjustment to get temperature back where we want it. Using an accurate TCR mode I think will be pretty smooth.

We'll know right away if your assumption needs exploring. Although I don't know why you'd think it would be lower (as opposed to higher?) we'd know within a hit or two if it was off by much, 390F (or similar temperature settings) would yield lower vapor output, not the expected larger volumes from the increased working area. This one is 13mm? The old one 7? Nearly double the diameter, or more importantly the radius? Remember, the formula for area uses the SQUARE of the radius, double it and you get FOUR TIMES more area...... That depends on how big the hole is, of course, but assuming the same ratio I'd expect it to behave like several 2.7s running in parallel once it gets rolling. Cloud chasers will be dancing in the streets, the Nail guys will still be griping. That's my prediction for now.

Yes, several of us know how to calculate a new TCR value if needed. Not to worry, more than enough to get that job done. After all, that's how we got to '245', right?

In such things you really only need two guys: One to lie the other to swear to it........

OF
Awesome, I'm even more excited for the V3 then. :D

Quote,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thank you Fuck Combustion staff and members.
This is for everyone of you that supported me up to this point.
I would not be here without you

DISCOUNT LINK Click HERE
PLEASE PASS ALONG TO YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU WISH.

FRIDAY I WILL BE SHIPPING THE 1ST BATCH OF V3s. they are coming in Thursday. Please direct questions about the v3 directly to my email matt@ineedhemp.com I will not be able to check this blog to much and read every post..
This is the version "3.0" The hits you get from it are amazing, and you can finally take this thing apart and clean it.
The donut jumped in size from 7mm to 13mm. i am still working on the smaller donut 7mm and 10mm rebuilds. Either i am very impatient or just getting this device to its present state seemed to take forever.. Now that we finally have a rebuild that is worthy. My next step is to get this puppy offgas tested .
14033564_1165573703498710_1112155785_n.jpg

http://ineedhemp.com/product/divine...mic-donut-atomizer-fcombustion-discount-link/

here is a discount link to everyone who see this post, It might not be up for long, feel free to email me to discuss distribution in your area.

WooHoo! Just ordered. How long is this sale going on? I want to get my Sister and best friend one too after I verify that they are indeed the Shit!

Hi guys. I'm using Cuboid + DT 2.7 combo. And have problems
1) atomizer for dry herb. First time I have tried in wattage mode, up to 40w. First try was OK. When I tried TC M1 with 12w on 230F but after 5seconds of fire button it starts run in wattage mode? My settings for TC Dry herb is incorrect or I should use Ti or Ni modes in TC?
The second - atomizer became extremely hot after 3*10 seconds and don't vape as I expecting
2) donut atomizer - on TC 230F on 12w it going in "protection" mode, and nothing happened. On 20w wattage mode my shatter became liquid and that's all.

I have no problem with Chinese 510 titanium nail on 50w, but wanna use DT attys. Please help with settings

Turn the temp up. Even in Ni mode that is too low. Try 330-340 in Ni mode or set TCR value to 245 and run it at 390-410 and get massive clouds.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the sides of the ceramic cup heat up so you get a even vape. it does not burn it at the bottom and leave it green on top. like so many others

Thanks! So it's conduction from the sides. Any convection coming up through the bottom, or only fresh air through there?

stickstones,

fernand

There are a lot of factors here, but if the donut heater material is the same, I see a big difference in the Target Temp setting on the V3 suggesting all sorts of other causes. The mod sees an average resistance change over the entire donut. A desirable vape can be achieved at a lower average temp if there are hot spots, for instance, where oil is bubbling, vaporizing, and cooler oil is flowing in to replace it. And how the air fans the boiling off is a very complicated matter as well.

It comes down to trial and error. If nothing else a huge benefit of TC is the ability to set limits and prevent burning.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Protection is just what it says when it reaches your set temp. With your current TCR values 300 is too low obviously. Don't be scared to turn the temp up. I am hitting mine on 500 degrees (390 is my norm) through water right now on TCR 245 at 15 watts and it's fine. These things are cheap enough and last long enough even with constant abuse. Don't be afraid to turn it up! I used to run my old ones on wattage mode at 14 watts, try that and you will definitely get hits.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Raz0r

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ordered the V3....my previous one was the V1 (dead after +1 years of job)...what's an upgrade!

Can't wait to get it.... I blasted a tube of kief this morning and got an amazing 30% yield of full pinus tasty shatter!

clearlight

Wow, v3 is ohming at 0.45!

What TCRs are other people using? The 245 I tried first never hit Temp Protection. Nether did TC-Ni or TCRs from 100->320 so far.

ok I'm back and figured it out. It was the wattage. Tried it on my iStick TC40W and like Matt said, you wanna dial the temp down compared to your v2.5 settings. So next I set my Pico to 25W in TC-Ni bc the 40W seemed a little harsh. This is a really nice sweet spot for me 25W TC-Ni at 300F.

If other find the same as me, they will need to move their TC max wattages up somewhat compared to v2.5s.

Last edited:

jpdnkstr

If anyone has a picture of the V3 on top of an evic VTC Mini I'd like to see it:nod:. Please, and thank you!

jpdnkstr,

WKONE

@elmoe420 as far as I can determine all these materials are identical, they are an aluminum oxide ceramic. If the crystalline structure is just so, and this occurs in the earth I believe from gradual crystallization, you get transparent material like sapphire. Same thing, chemically.

If there were an off-gassing or chemical instability problem they would not work for their intended purpose, which is precise analytical chemistry at extreme temperatures. You can torch them to bright red hot (and beyond), to clean them, and they come back ready for more. Rock solid ;-)

FWIW e-bay vendor Keepitmovin13 is very reliable, 2-3 day delivery.

Hey, just reading through the thread and noticed this.

Does the cup come with this setup? How is this different from the DT OEM deep bowl?

I have a deep bowl on the way and the cup solution looks like it makes cleaning a breeze. I'd prefer to start out with this.

edit: Item out of stock :(

WKONE,

FX

Days ago, I coincidentally stumbled across this thread in my search of a build that would suit my needs and within an hour or so of the post releasing the V3. I have recently quit smoking cigarettes and adopted modern vaping. It led me to believe that something like the V3 existed. I am now into my third hour waiting for the mailman to drop it off. Thanks for the quick shipping across country!

I am using an RX200 and an RX2/3 as daily vapes. I have read the last two pages several times and also would like to thank those that put in their input. Through further searches, I have learned more about my box mods.

If I understand all this correctly, I power off my RX. Then I hold the power button and up button until the display shoes "M1 120." I believe these to be my "TCR Values." I don't quite understand what this number represents but I'm sure something with definition of TCR. For practice, I set them to M1 230, M2 240, and M3 245. I had planned to use M3 with my wattage set to 12 and a temperature of 390F based on the settings of others using older models.

After reading the thread several more times and based off of what I know about building coils, a larger donut could mean less resistance. Less resistance usually includes raising the wattage to reach a desirable temperature, for the lack of a better state of mind. So, reading the first review above, I think more watts are necessary but I can't remember how to do the math right now.

When it shows up, I'll aim low and work up until the pros chime in.

Steven

So I also just got my v3. First impressions are great. Truly an updated and upgraded from the previous model. The donut on this thing is huge. I found my self packing hits and hits and hits just to experiment.

So I kept my tcr value of 245. I'm using 25 w set at 350F. I used to use tcr 245, 12.5w, and 420F on the v2.7. Still lots of experimenting to do but so far so good. The thing i noticed is that many v2.7 donuts need a break in period of some sort. I can't explain what is happening but the same donut at the same settings will produce 30% more vapor after a gram or so is ran through it so I don't know what the v3 is truly capable of yet

Loading the v3 is a dream. I have a pointy tool and all I do is pick a piece of shatter off, click the power button twice or so while I paint the shatter around the donut, lining it evenly with melted shatter.

Cleaning is is very easy and thorough but with the added annoyance of screws. I rather have the screws than glue though so I don't mind that much. Plus removing the housing isn't required for cleaning, just more thorough. I'm also waiting for the math wiz's and pros (OF) to chime in for the official numbers

Edit: I also find tcr 245, 25w,and 400F to be quite nice as well. I guess I like my vape a bit warmer than others. Flavor is slightly nicer at 350F though

OK so far the v3 has lived up to my hopes. It appears it has been broken in already. It's producing massive amounts of vapor at the updated settings. These are rig sized vapor without the crazy heat. I'm amazed and glad I got 2. I'm only packing the usual BB sized loads too. I can probably load 5 times as much and take a gynormous hit but I'll save that for another session

Last edited:

WKONE

I tried using Matt's shallow bowl with my alumina cup, and as expected the air coming in below the rim of the cup (see where the holes are?) cools the cup, unevenly, and messes up the temp control.

20160814_081515_zpsdncuwuqi.jpg

In the black e-bay units I got from Keepitmovin13 the cup drops into a deep bowl, and the air is drawn in ABOVE the cup, and that works very well, the cup retains temp nearly at the same temp as the donut itself. I'd say the ability to choose where/how you draw in air, like in the better RDAs, would be a great future feature.

20160815_005515-1_zpsilkdiquy.jpg

Advantages of the cup insert:

- No messy gunky donut, the bowl stays clean.
- Excellent TC, very even temperature across the whole cup, oil boils off neatly.
- You can easily fill and clean the cup outside the atomizer chamber. Prepping the dab is simple.
- Drop the pre-filled cup in after the donut is at temperature, no juggling w/ dabber, carb etc.
- You could keep different pre-loaded cups, just drop one in, like a fresh mag, drop out the empty and pop another one in. Keep a high CBD one ready as antidote in case someone overdoes the THC and gets all freaky ;-)

I was looking at the Bolt and all these other packaged e-dabbers have very high and uncontrolled temps. The Bolt lists 2 settings but nothing like specific temperatures. F'getabaddit. We want good temp control, much more controlled and economical.

I just vaped only the lightest 360 deg fraction from some Tangie Cookies oil, a wispy vapor, I wasn't shooting for coughing out a barn fire. But wow. Just focused and wide awake, the room and everything just lit up. No confusion, no anxiety, and no sedation. Very different from a full heat dab. About half the BB remained, could have saved it for bedtime, but just torched it off.

You're a good salesman! I just ordered 3 crucibles and one of the generic donut attys.
I have both a 2.7 and a V3 on the way, now ANOTHER one!!!
This tech keeps moving faster than I can keep up with! haha

Fernand, any recommendations on starting values for this configuration in TC on an Evic Vtwo mini?

WKONE,
Top Bottom