Divine Tribe atty's

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
If you like quartz. The V4 is the one to get. Love that I don't need to invest in a bubble cap setup. This thing distributes the oil good enough for me. Way to go!

Crucibles seem to have the issue of material running up the relativly colder sidewalls of the cup and not vaporising. Is that no longer an issue with this design? It's one of the main reasons I backed away from cup style portables. I might have to give this a chance.

CastIronHits,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Agree with @buckhakeesah :) ... this is by far the best portable setup I've had for rosin yet!

Here's my settings on the DNA250C. (Paranormal 250)

QQv4.jpg

With these settings, I can easily finish a good size dab in a couple hits, and no scorching, but also no waste. No climbing oil on the sides of the cub .... overall just excellent.

And here's my setup with the Zapubler :) Works great!

IMG-0398.jpg

buckhakeesah

I've only had it since last Friday but creep was less of an issue on this V4. Once dialed in you can get most of what you put in depending on how long you want to stretch it.

I recommend staying a bit under the recommended settings.

@JCat. I was wondering what the zapubler looked like. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've only had it since last Friday but creep was less of an issue on this V4. Once dialed in you can get most of what you put in depending on how long you want to stretch it.

I recommend staying a bit under the recommended settings.

@JCat. I was wondering what the zapubler looked like. Thanks for sharing.
This one is one that was made for me by @PlanetVape ... I had acquired my original in the classifieds from another member, it was originally made by Aromazap (CRZ/Rockzap) and retailed for about $80-$100 USD. It's great in that it's virtually spillproof (you can have it horizontal and it doesn't spill ... I can carry it in a pocket while walking and it doesn't spill ... so handy going up/down elevators at hotels when going outside for a session :) )

I believe they are about $100CAD from PV if they still have any ... I believe they made 2 or 3 of them when they made mine for me.

There are other small hydrotubes available as well, but this is definitely a gem IMHO.

farmerpalmersnt

I have recently treated myself to one of these. My daily driver is a sai taf with the ti bucket, so stiff competition. I have always preferred the ti over the quartz bucket on the sai for ease of use. Found the quartz a lot less forgiving/easy to use on the sai so gave up using it.

So far the flavour from the v4 seems better. Warm up however is necessary, whilst the SAI is instantaneous and more consistent rip after rip. Build quality similar although the SAI being enclosed titanium feels less prone to breaking. More care is required to keep the v4 upright to avoid a mess. V4 kicks harder while the sai needs ramping up to higher temps to compete in terms of pure hit strength.

I think playing around with the tcr is worth a go. I run the sai at tcr 315 resistance locked on a smoant naboo. Around 360-390f depending on what I'm vaping.

I'm not convinced one is better than the other. If I can get the instant clouds that I enjoy on the sai then it will be a better unit.

farmerpalmersnt

Tried it on a couple of other mods too. The two problems for me are the need for a 5 second pre heat, no instant vape and the fact that the heat really builds over a sesh so it doesn't vape at a precise point. I do love the initial flavour for the first 2-3 though.

I guess this is the issue when the bucket has a really high thermal mass compared to the coil.

I'll continue to play but today's experimenting has got me preferring the sai's consistent/instant precision vs the curve on the v4 even if the v4 sweet spot is slightly tastier. If anyone gets a better tcr setting dialled in I'd be interested to hear.

Grifo

Tried it on a couple of other mods too. The two problems for me are the need for a 5 second pre heat, no instant vape and the fact that the heat really builds over a sesh so it doesn't vape at a precise point. I do love the initial flavour for the first 2-3 though.

I guess this is the issue when the bucket has a really high thermal mass compared to the coil.

I'll continue to play but today's experimenting has got me preferring the sai's consistent/instant precision vs the curve on the v4 even if the v4 sweet spot is slightly tastier. If anyone gets a better tcr setting dialled in I'd be interested to hear.
yeah it does get pretty hot for multiple seshes.

Willeh

Loving my V4!

Had a little issue with the first quartz cup that came installed though. The bottom isn't flat enough and doesn't really sit flush on the heater disc very well. Even at 600f/40w I was getting almost no vapor. But then I screwed in the back up disc/cup set that came with it and this thing kicks ass. Hopefully they hook me up with another back up because I break everything :ko:.

I am using TC Ni on a VTC Mini with Arctic fox firmware at 28 watts/220c on a one minute auto-fire with a 15 second preheat before toking. Very impressed as it seems nothing at all splatters out of the cup no matter how hard you draw even with a large bb sized dab. How ever it does seem to be most efficient with small dabs that can't reach the cup walls. Some oil will get lost to the walls/ditches around the edges if you go big. But the inside of the mouthpiece stays very clean. Best technique I think is a very slow draw with a very small dab right in the middle of the cup at a low temp that doesn't bake on.

I am worried about the longevity of the ceramic heaters, but I ordered a pack of back up discs and think that this will be the first "Dab pen" I can reccomend. Truly 100% leak proof you don't lose any oil when loaded with a small amount and a very pure low temp hit. Very affordable. And changing out the discs seems easy enough. I wish the walls heated as well so you could load heavier dabs without wall climbing oil. But that oil isnt lost you can just scrape it up and put it back in the middle. Still very very very good dab pen and perfect for small hits its leak proof.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My V4 came in two days ago and I spent the first day enjoying the flavor and clean hits.

However yesterday I was watching a dab melt in the cup. When it was ready to go I went to put the outer housing over the cup. The side of the housing touched one of the screws under the cup, there was a spark and that was that. The pico reads "atomizer short". I am hoping that I just need to swap out donuts, but am waiting for advice from DT on next steps. I guess I should have not tried to put the housing on while in use.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: divinetribe

Grifo

My V4 came in two days ago and I spent the first day enjoying the flavor and clean hits.

However yesterday I was watching a dab melt in the cup. When it was ready to go I went to put the outer housing over the cup. The side of the housing touched one of the screws under the cup, there was a spark and that was that. The pico reads "atomizer short". I am hoping that I just need to swap out donuts, but am waiting for advice from DT on next steps. I guess I should have not tried to put the housing on while in use.
just try the 2nd atomizer that was included

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Got my V4 a few days ago and used it a dozen of time with a loading size from an half grain of rice to 2 grains of rice with success but, if the taste is perfectly clean on the first hit it is depleted after like expected with this sort of "e-nail" so the smaller the load is better for taste imo but you can load more for huge effects.

My cup is woobly and even turn when I wipe it... though the connection seems good since it works like advertised, 5s preheat to get at +400°F and press button again to start another cycle of 10s while hitting the device, good taste and smooth clouds at exhale at 480-490, a bit harsher at +500 but less remainings. I use it in Ni mode at 33w like Matt recommand, I'm not very good with mod box so I went for the easier way with great success, thank you @divinetribe , this one will see more use than the Quartz Quest cause the faster heating and the more predictable hits, with the QQ you never know if you'll get a perfect hit or no... maybe cause I didn't used it enough so I ended to use it exclusively with a water tool and silicone whips connection to be able to master everything cause I visualized the vapor production, with the V4 direct dry hits are not an issue and easy to manage.

The metal drip tip fits very well a 14mm female joint but I add a tiny o-ring for a tight fit.

farmerpalmersnt

Finding that the unit does need to be pulsed. With the right timing and draw you can get really good consistency throughout. Still needs 10-15 sec pre heat.

Basically a better vape experience than any other handheld I've ever had, but the sai taf a very close second. Difference is that you have to learn technique to get the most from it, and think about how you are vaping.

Durability will probably be the decider for me, the sai ti bucket coils last pretty much forever if you don't mess with them. I don't like the way that coil wobbles on the v4 when I clean it, but time will tell.

Grifo

what settings are you running it at? i just lowered my wattage and it helped.

Willeh

Finding this thing to be so much nicer when using super tiny dabs. A super small little dab, like 5mg right in the center of the quartz at 230c with only a four or five second preheat works great. Nothing slides to the walls and you get everything in one quick ten second snap and it qtips up dry no problems. Once you load too much for that little ditch in the middle it doesn't cook very evenly. Your options are a big boiling pot of half cooked oil you continually add to to maintain some quality or you take really tiny dabs. Itd be cool if they made a SiC dish instead of quartz, exact same shape but maybe thinner walls. The higher thermal conductivity would probably solve the heat up time for and large globs and wall-climbing issues.

Mrencopresis

I bent my first cotter pin while reassembling it the first time. (I realized afterward um that you cannot re-insert the ccotter pin while the quartz cup assembly is connected as the posts are in the way.) Then I wore out the included second pin while being overly aggressive with a q-tip.
Yes, I did state that.
Anyways i was able to find replacements in bulk, they are I believe r-clips for RC cars, size 1/24 or 1/28. The straight side of the clip I ordered measures 12mm which I have tested in my unit. There is a slight overhang compared to the stock pin however it is not unsightly and is covered by the metal cap anyway.
One could also order the pin as part of a spare package from the website, but it inly includes one pin. I’d also like to add that I am not knocking the product. I have only the highest regards for the device and the company. In fact, if I had not been so medicated after using this atomizer I might not have tweaked the pins in the first place...

buckhakeesah

That cotter pin is a bitch eh? Especially if reassembling without tools and only by hand. Its possible but I understand your struggles

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: JCat

buckhakeesah

Haven’t tried yet :)

What tools are required?
It's not that bad Jcat. I accomplished it with no tools. If you have fat fingers you'll have probs getting that pin to snap in by hand. But maybe a small plier to hold pin firm while snapping it into the hole. Good thing Matt gives us an extra pin and heater. My heater went toast today.

buckhakeesah,

buckhakeesah

I think it was due to me holding down the button in wattage mode too long while cleaning the carbon off the dish at 30 W and not pulsing. All of a sudden a spark happened in the donut area.

My posts became loose from all the wiping of the dish and needed to be re-tightened from time to time. So if your reading no atomizer, I would inspect that area before replacing the heater.

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: PPN

Mrencopresis

Haven’t tried yet :)

What tools are required?

Just the screwdriver that is included. It is a little bit like threading a yarn needle. It is much easier to replace the cotter pin after the cup (with the donut and leads) are separated from the deck. This gives you much better visibility and access. Turning the assembly over in a brightly lit area while holding it together with your fingers, so that the cup faces down will make the opening for the pin easier to see. I used a set of tweezers and a lighted magnified headlamp but that is likely overkill for non fumble finger people with better eyesight.

Mrencopresis,

dingotrader

I've been running a Pico 75w and SAI TAF ti with Artic Fox TCR 315, 36 watts, and 280 - 320 degrees.

I just ordered a Divine CC V4 (quartz). Does anyone have a Fox profile they have found or recommend settings?

I figure watts at 36 - 40, temp 440 - 500, but unsure of the mode as I see some people running TCR and some TC ni.

Edit: I did find the V3/3.5 settings on ineedhemp and noticed a note stating Ni 33w @ 500 degrees.

Thanks!

Last edited:
dingotrader,
Top Bottom