• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ditanium vaporizer

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The Ditanium scratches off the last of any VAS that was lingering. For now...
The end of the rainbow is an elusive fucker. It usually shifts to another form, then circles back. Like mine has now set it's sights on Press Acquisition. :doh: Feel the urge to press my own to feed the Ditanium.
Warm up time

m7c1p1.jpg

CANtalk

@YayVap, Thx for the acknowledgement! It sounds like we're after similar things :)
detective.gif
. I like what the Ditanium offers. The VapeXhale Cloud Evo is fairly comparable as well and I've been researching it too. Both are impressive concentrate e-vape (and flower) rigs with some subtle differences. I've put some of my research on the Ditanium and VapeXhale Cloud Evo below. Let me know if you have any feedback. Thx!

@SloJimFizz, I was also thinking the Ditanium could hide in plain sight so to speak; calling it an aroma therapy diffuser probably wouldn't get a second look from most people :).

I've been doing a lot of reading on the VapeXhale Cloud Evo and am processing it all. The VapeXhale is definitely a comparable contender desktop vape for concentrates and flower... and it's a more safe design with the heating element shielded. I've seen convection / conduction mentioned in comparing an e-nail to the VapeXhale concentrate setup and I don't know if it's accurate, or if there's even an actual significant difference in between the two setups in reality. Both designs end up with concentrate on a heated surface from which vaporization takes place. The VapeXhale is a pure glass vaporization and path for concentrate use which is nice. Its design limits also loss of vapor from concentrates so no cap is needed, and you can take a break between draws, even sessions, without losing significant concentrate product. Because of these design aspects the VapeXhale becomes a much easier tool to do low temp dabs with as well (that interests me for sure). It can be used to microdose also. And if you want lots of dense vapor and clouds simply use a higher temp setting. Concentrates sit in a borosilicate or quartz tube in the VapeXhale Cloud Evo which drops in to the top of the unit (quartz is easier to clean). Flower sits in a SS mesh basket which also drops into the top of the unit into the same spot. You cannot combo dab flower and concentrates at the same time in the VapeXhale Cloud Evo unless you do it old-school style by mixing the concentrate in with flower and using the flower basket. And as many know, mixing concentrates with flower isn't a very efficient way to do concentrates. OTOH, I don't think I really care if I can't do flower and concentrate combos at the same time. One can still have a tube with some concentrate ready in the VapeXhale Cloud Evo and some flower in the basket ready and then simply swap them in/out in back to back draws (and there's no need wait long between draws once the unit is heated up). It's really quick to change the concentrate tube and flower basket in the VapeXhale Cloud Evo.

As mentioned I'm processing everything now and I'll post up where my thoughts go. Both should be durable over the long term durable with a few items that need periodic replacement from wear and tear. I do appreciate the better safety aspect of the VapeXhale Cloud Evo design (less of a burn hazard). I like its flexibility in concentrate use (the design makes low temp dabbing easy and limits vapor loss when not inhaling). I like that I can use a standard mouthpiece dry which should make it similar to a portable vaporizer experience like my Crafty and Mighty Experience. I like the water piece option as well (and can use it dry or wet). And with the design of the VapeXhale unit the overall size is nice; I can stack the water unit on top, pick the unit up and handle them together reasonably well and easily. And I don't need a whip for distribution or hooking up the glass with the VapeXhale Cloud Evo. OTOH, the Ditanium is much less expensive which is significant. With a water piece I can get it for ~60% of the cost of a similar VapeXhale setup. The Ditanium design isn't as safe with its e-nail exposed and being a burn hazard, but the Ditanium vape still has a fair amount of shielding and can be handled in a reasonably safe by a conscientious user. The more basic design and exposure of the heating element looks good; it's a less-conventional looker. True combo dabbing of concentrate and flower (simultaneously) is possible with the Ditanium vape which is nice. I don't really like the new glass mouthpiece option available for the Ditanium since it's awkward to use with the unit so a whip appears to be the best option for me (The VapeXhale is designed to be easily picked up and used in various orientations, the Ditanium not so much and it will much happier and best left to sit on a table). And a whip means more parts to clean unfortunately... and another part that will need periodic replacement (silicone tubing won't clean as well as glass and will pick up contamination and need be replaced from time to time). AFAIK cleaning silicone tubing is a PITA.

What are member's experiences with whip use and silicone tube in a vape setup? How often do you think the silicone tubing in a whip needs to be cleaned? How often does it need to be replaced? Any feedback is much appreciated.

@pxl_jockey, I agree that the Ditanium is a nice looking vape option with a great spec sheet. And it's great to see the Ditanium get more attention on the forum. IIRC, while the Ditanium is 110V a transformer option is available to be able to use it in a 220V environment :tup:.

@stickstones, thx for the feedback! I've been doing a lot of reading of both the Ditanium and VapeXhale Cloud Evo to try to understand the similarities and differences. You can read my notes above if you're interested. And let me know your thoughts.

Now I need to process everything and think for a while. Let me know anything I missed or should know or consider. All feedback is helpful and appreciated. I see merit in both vapes and haven't made a final decision yet. Thx for all the help and input so far.

TL;DR
Sorry for the long post, I posted the info I've found comparing the Ditanium and VapeXhale Cloud Evo vapes. Both have merit. Please give any feedback or suggestions you have on these two vapes. Thx!

Cheers

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@pxl_jockey hope your digging your new set up. VAS lingers even when you think your totally set.

@CANtalk Good luck with your search and decision. Some good units your considering. With the Evo, your limited to its max temp heating your dab in the quartz ELB, which is in the 450° area, or slightly higher. Do a dab at that temp, but that same temp won't be right for the flower loaded elb you would.pop in to do back to back dab/flower hits. How are back to back dabs in the Evo? I'd imagine you would have to let the quartz elb cool before being able to handle it to load next dab. Enough Evo talk though, it has its own huge thread.
The Ditanium is one bad ass vaping machine. It has been handling most of my primetime hours. I knew it would do dabs well, it's how good it does flower alone that surprised me. And the two stacked together, boy o boy. :whoa:
Liking the Titanium Hand piece for the Ditanium. The glass handle is a really thick gauge and has nice grip to it.

2v9aikx.jpg

CANtalk

I ended up ordering a VapeXhale Cloud EVO unit. I figured I wanted that set-up to start with as my first desktop vape. And if I want to dabble in more vapes the Ditanium at this point looks to be the natural next choice... at a substantial savings. FWIW, I find it easier to spend the extra money on my first unit.... and down the road, at some point, a cheaper second unit is easier for me to justify and pick up :).

Here were the details of the VapeXhale Cloud EVO purchase. (It was in the VapeXhale thread)
I ordered a VapeXhale Cloud Evo with the Christmas sale for my first desktop vape. I did a a lot of research, and it helped in my selections and add-ons. I went with the graphite (smoked) helio dry mouthpiece, a graphite (smoked) Precision Honeycomb hydratube (on backorder, expected in the next 10 or so business days), the seller included a basic whip at a big discount (with the two types of tubing), two more boro vapenails (I will be doing ultrasonic cleaning as recommended), four more ELBs (baskets), a cleaning kit and three tools/picks. After I pick up some cleaning solution I should be set for a while. I went with the new graphite (smoked) glass. I think it will help make the glass look less dirty inside from use. I'm considering the Evo station but I want to get my hands on the Vapexhale first and see how i end up using it. 420 is not that far down the road.

@SloJimFizz, thanks for all the feedback. It's my understanding from reviews that the EVO unit does a reasonably good temp for both dabs and flower on the unit, depending on preference. SneakyPete who loves the Ditanium also loved the EVO; he preferred running the EVO unit with both flower and concentrate at the same 12:00 position. A few others recommend on the EVO concentrates at the 1 o' clock position vs 12 o' clock for flower; Sheibo himself recommends the EVO that way too... and shows some very impressive vapor in this video (for what I would want/expect).
It's a really good video talking about temp settings for the EVO and how to use the unit.

In general, the EVO is likely a slightly lower temp concentrate dab unit and set-up compared to the setup of the Ditanium when both units are at the 12:00 position on their temp dials (with similar flower performance), considering the Ditanium titanium enail and core heater element and design. Still, the VapeXNail may not be too far off temp-wise as the boro/quartz tubes are designed to be deeper and sit lower in the chamber... closer to the heater element on the EVO than the herb chamber, so the design is explicit and specific to concentrate use (and I would guess somewhat optimized). The EVO appears to work fairly equivalently well to the Ditanium with flower at the same 12 o' clock setting according to the reviews I've been checking out. And for both concentrates and flower one simply increases the temp/knob to finish off the rest of the flower or concentrate at a higher temp. It sound similar to how I use my Crafty portable vape at this time. I like the sound of the EVO vape behavior overall. Now I need to get my hands on an EVO. And I'm perfectly fine with the analog temp selection set-up in both the EVO and Ditanium vapes. It's basically as effective as digital temp readouts, for me anyways.

I don't know what the cool down time of the EVO unit is. It may be out there and I'll see if I can find anything. I want to see what my experience will be; I'm sure I'll find something that works well for settings for all types of concentrate and flower use. In a back to back scenario of any concentrate, herb or combination,... as well as in scenarios where I get a reasonably short cool-down time when I go from high temp concentrate use to fresh flower use. IMO (since I'm new to the concentrate scene) that the 1 pm position is likely the highest I would want/need for a beginner. YMMV, and the unit is flexible. And I don't think switching the 1 pm position to 12 pm position from the fresh concentrate setting to the fresh flower setting is going to need much time for that cool-down in real world use.

No unit is perfect. I love the similar flexibility of flower and concentrate use in the Ditanium, but it will have to take some time to cool down when going from a regular flower temp setting down to a low temp dab setting; a titanium nail ceramic core setup takes a while to cool down. The Ditanium can do low temp dabs which is cool, but it will get dirty too.

As for back-to-back use, the EVO looks very promising. You can preload the glass/vapeXNnails and have many sitting beside you, waiting to be loaded into the EVO :). Many Youtube videos show people doing 10-20 different concentrates/terpins over an extended video, with them simply preloaded individually in a number of vapeXNails, and reporting the experience live. It only takes about 5 seconds to heat the bottom of the glass where the concentrate is when inserted into the EVO, and the glass can be picked up out and removed from the unit right after a big draw or 5. That's a very fast turnaround for using and reloading since one can simply load a new glass/vapeXNail which has been preloaded with more or another concentrate in it... and continue. One can also load the glass/vapeXNail with lots or little concentrate, depending on how many draws you want to have/share. Lots of options there. As well, one can have multiple ELBs/bowls of flower prepped, ready to go and on the side as well, which can be similarly popped into the unit on a moment's notice and pretty much immediately drawn upon. Good times and lots of good options imo :).

So while simultaneous concentrate/flower use cannot be done in the EVO, immediate back to back flower and concentrate use can be done, and in any combination; I'm good with that and it will be entertaining. Technically one can load the ELB/basket with flower concentrate sandwich and make do with it. Some do. But the session and experience is a compromise that way compared to the Ditanium.

I went with 6 ELBs/baskets and 6 glass/vapeXNails that are immediately coming with the EVO vape, so I can easily set up a broad evening and be able to do a lot different things and options :D, as well as lots of back to back with friends if I want/need to. The EVO looks to be very flexible and powerful, many reviewers say the heater element will keep up with any draw someone can throw at it.

With some luck I may be getting the EVO tomorrow. We'll see.

I'm still following this thread and vape, it's great to read and learn here :). I'm getting the EVO with a whip and if that use goes well, the Ditanium looks like a very nice future purchase. I don't know if I'm a whip man. 50/50 chance I say... so we'll see.

TL;DR
Ordered an EVO and it's arriving soon. Here's where I'm at on the EVO and Ditanium and why I'm here :).

Keep reporting the Ditanium use and feedback all owners/users! And thx for it. Cheers

EDITS: multiple, Sorry.
I'm medicated and cleaning this up on the fly to make my post more clear.

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
I absolutely love my Ditanium for flower. There was a bit of a mix-up with my original order (a bamboo unit was packaged in a black unit's box), but both Sneaky Pete -and- Adam from Ditanium Vapor were on the ball and took care of me. Awesome service from both of them.

This thing is a beast and has quickly become my main desktop vape. With the glass set, I couldn't quite get my desired vapor production out of smaller doses, but the titanium set has a slightly smaller chamber that works out perfectly for me (both for my small and large doses). I also like that flat screens can simply be dropped into place with the titanium set; no fiddling required and they can easily be stacked for extra filtering.

32599254128_5598c05cf6_o.jpg

I'd really like to see some glass cooling pieces made for the ditanium. That piece that I'm using as a mouthpiece would make for the perfect hand-piece if the opening at the end were just a wee bit larger to accommodate tubing.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Nice setup you have there @SixStringToker Love the blue light with the Black Ditanium.
I like the narrower chamber of the Titanium hand piece as well cause it can accommodate a smaller dose better. But I do like being able to see the load in the original glass piece and it can do party bowl sizes better.
I see you opt to not use the glass holder piece that came with the Titanium hand piece, doesn't the Titanium get hot pretty quickly?
So the Ditanium is your current Flower desktop. Is that a Vrod or Showerhead in the backround?

@invertedisdead Get your whip on then. Been looking at your results with the Dabpress 6T35 and have set my sights on a setup like that to make my own goodies to feed the Ditanium. AIO or buy the 3x5 plates and add to my own press?

@CANtalk your forum name fits you. Tldr. :p

SixStringToker

Naked member
I see you opt to not use the glass holder piece that came with the Titanium hand piece, doesn't the Titanium get hot pretty quickly?

I s'pose my usage is low enough that the piece is not on the ditanium long enough to build up that much heat. I'll often do a long pull and then not do another one for 3 to 5 mins. After one of my longer sessions, it's definitely too hot to hold around the chamber, but the stem is still manageable. I've had a few times where even that was a bit uncomfortable, but then I just grab it by the tubing where it overlaps the stem. It definitely hasn't reached a high enough temp to melt the nylon.

I'd probably wrap the stem with some of that self-sticking silicone tape before using the hand-piece. I just prefer it to all be one piece and I've used that tape with good success prior to sleeving the whip.

So the Ditanium is your current Flower desktop. Is that a Vrod or Showerhead in the backround?

Yes to all three. The ditanium is my current favorite desktop vape (vs the Plenty and the Flowerpot) and I believe that both the Showerhead AND Vrod are in the background.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead Get your whip on then. Been looking at your results with the Dabpress 6T35 and have set my sights on a setup like that to make my own goodies to feed the Ditanium. AIO or buy the 3x5 plates and add to my own press?

I actually have both, the AIO and caged 3x5" plates on a 12 ton press. I always use the AIO, it's super compact and nearly as capable. I would recommend the 10 ton AIO or 12 ton press + caged plates for 14g+ flower per squish. I typically press 3.5-7g at a time so the AIO is perfect for me.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't even like vaping flower since getting my rosin press but for some reason I've been craving a whip vape hit! My first vape was a Vapor Brothers box and I think I'm having nostalgic flashbacks!
Smoking joints before BonG’s or VAPORIZERS, by products were the scraps of harvest.

Having said that I like the ideal of a press!
BHO SHATTER I make sometimes however it’s so cheap 4 ROSIN?

Why make it?

CANtalk

@SloJimFizz, :), I posted that in the middle of medicating and the stream of consciousness got away from me
ban-rollerbanana.gif
. Sorry it's a little discombobulated, and too late to edit.

The EVO didn't make it before Christmas, but tracking shows it should be arriving today :).

SixStringToker

Naked member
I was thinking about this as I used the Ditanium prior to my workout this morning. The titanium definitely gets uncomfortably hot, but I actually hold it by the tubing with my index finger and thumb just lightly resting where the titanium is joined with the tubing:

45586153605_7868f02864_o.jpg

I can feel the heat there, but it's actually kinda comforting. :D

The nylon sleeving has held up just fine to the heat - no sign of melting.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Using my Ditanium throughout a hockey game last night, mixing it up, straight flower, straight dab, stacked. I was imagining not having the glass handle that came with the Titanium Hand piece and I don't think I would like it as much. It really is a nice piece of glass and it joins with the Titanium piece to become like a single unit. Has to have less floppage and definitely less heat happening then where you grab it by the hose. Your whip should be able to squeeze through the hose hole with some manipulation.

2vv4zev.jpg

Thanks for the info @invertedisdead PAS in full effect.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I hear you, my whip loops up, but is about 5 feet long and not small or stealthy at all. I haven't asked, but I'm pretty sure Mrs Fizz sees this image in her head as I'm strutting around with mine.

2zombs8.jpg

:D

Yes to all three. The ditanium is my current favorite desktop vape (vs the Plenty and the Flowerpot) and I believe that both the Showerhead AND Vrod are in the background.

So...For those interested, or looking at both the Ditanium or FP and are on the fence, can the Ditanium be the poor mans Fp, or rich mans FP if your shopping for the Cocobolo Ditanium.:o
Apple's to Apple's, so to speak?

SixStringToker

Naked member
So...For those interested, or looking at both the Ditanium or FP and are on the fence, can the Ditanium be the poor mans Fp, or rich mans FP if your shopping for the Cocobolo Ditanium.:o
Apple's to Apple's, so to speak?

To me, they're definitely comparable; the Ditanium hits are just as vapor-rich and flavorful as what I get with the Flowerpot. I love gadgets and love to tinker and the Flowerpot pushes both of those buttons for me, but it's a bit more of an ordeal to setup, clean, and put back into storage than the Ditanium. I've also been getting hits like that pretty much from Day #1 with the Ditanium while it took some fiddling and experimenting to get to this point with the Flowerpot (which admittedly was a fun journey).

Cocobolo or Wenge would rock and match a couple of my guitars. :D

CANtalk

@SloJimFizz, I've had the EVO for a few days and can speak to a few more aspects we mentioned above. When changing the EVO from a higher to a lower temp the LED light acknowledges this change which is great. The EVO LED changes to red when the temp is lowered and remains so until the unit cools down to the desired temp and then the LED changes back to green. This is a great feature on the EVO.

I also timed the cool down in the EVO to see its performance. The cool down depends on the temperature and how heat-soaked the unit is. After the EVO was heat-soaked for over 30 minutes at a higher temp of around the 2:30 position on the temp dial, it took ~ 5 min 45 seconds for the unit to cool down to the 12 o'clock position. The cool down will be significantly less if the unit isn't heat soaked and isn't as hot. For example, it took less than a minute to cool down from the 12 o'clock position to the 11 o'clock position.

Enough about the EVO. @25076, congratulations! Let us know how the whole Ditanium experience goes. It's great to see owners giving feedback.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Awesome @25076 Looking forward to another owner coming in. Go with Bamboo or Black?

Bringing in the New Year with a glowing Ditanium. Love all the things this unit can do. A little warmer on the temp and this is churning out big clouds with flower. Same temp, I plopped a dab a tad larger than I needed and about brought me to my knees. :whoa:

@SixStringToker Their Sunburst finish is nice and would look sweet in the Jam room. :love:
The Ditanium is like the Classic Fuzz Face pedal, one knob, yet so versatile. Me likey.

6yl1dj.jpg

One tiny critique would be the length of the power cord.
Mine is right at 4 feet long, so when on the taller dresser I have, the cord will not reach the power outlet.
They should go heavier gauge cord and add another foot or two.

@CANtalk :cheers:

Top Bottom