• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ditanium vaporizer

YayVap

I m sorry I'm just lurking and learning about the Ditanium. I feel like the hyena in the Far Side cartoon that wants to come down to the kill. I want a Ditsnium so much but I can't afford it now . I guess I'll continue to live through you all until I can get one. It seems to be a step up from the SS V that I have and love like @25076 and his dbv. Ah someday I hope until then thanks for all the posts and updates about it

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@SneakyPeteVaporizers did his end of the year video highlighting some of his favorites from 2018 and the Ditanium was tops in a couple nice categories.
Not too shabby. :clap:

rmqp9l.jpg

Just received my ditanium Water bundle from vapenorth and I am a little disappointed on the short and thin 2 prong cord. For the price I was expecting a longer beefer cord. Haven't tried it yet, just doing a burnoff right now.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Just received my ditanium Water bundle from vapenorth and I am a little disappointed on the short and thin 2 prong cord. For the price I was expecting a longer beefer cord. Haven't tried it yet, just doing a burnoff right now.

How long is it? I'd be annoyed by anything less than six feet in a vaporizer like this.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Yup, my only pet peeve is the cord.
Hope you had a pleasant evening with it. :whoa:

How long is it? I'd be annoyed by anything less than six feet in a vaporizer like this.
Mine is just over 4 feet long.

Controversial at best if you ask me, he hasn't even reviewed any other desktop vapes released this year, so how could it lose the non portable category? It won a one horse race, wow :rolleyes:

I see you shaking your Showerhead. :p
Relax. Maybe he only reviews products his store carries. :shrug:
Still nice acknowledgements from a reviewer that tries a ton of vapes throughout the year.

Alexis

Maybe it would have been better and more appropriately received across the board, if Pete had added a little disclaimer, something like "the best desktop released in 2018 that I have personally tried".

This qualifies the assertion as perfectly valid or fair, rather than the apparent blanket statement, I can understand some questioning that.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Yes Sneaky Pete is your prime example. I don't think he has actually tried the Flowerpot yet.

I heard he awarded the Ditanium desktop of the year. But without having been near arguably the 2 nearest contenders for 2018 release- Vrod (it counts as a seperate vape IMO) and DigiTi... not knocking Pete he's cool but not enough desktop experience to make such a claim.

Ditanium is making headlines, but if I was new the Flowerpot would excite and entice me way more.

Maybe he tried them all and needed no disclaimer. :p

CANtalk

Sneaky Pete mentioned the power cord in his Ditanium review; it's one of the few comprehensive Ditanium reviews on Youtube. He also mentioned ~ a 4 ft power cord length. I like Sneaky Pete's reviews; I found his EVO review helpful as well.

FWIW, Sneaky Pete's Youtube reviews can easily be sorted by date and they show it wasn't a one horse race for the desktop category. However, I wouldn't call it a packed field either. :brow:

Any yearly product award should be taken with a grain of salt in my experience. Many such awards only consider products released that year. So a product may be the best one released in 2018, but there are older products which are still better.

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Hello all, I’m a DynaVap enthusiast with multiple vapcaps, and a few ed’s TNT woodscents log vapes.

The ditanium caught my eye because of it’s ease of use with concentrates. As suggested by my name, I love the flavor, speed, and effects of concentrates. After finding the vapcap, I put concentrates on the shelf for a while and have been enjoying flower, but I’m ready to explore a desktop for concentrates and would prefer it handle flower also.

I love the look of the flowerpot, but it seems like a lot to set up (I have kids, whatever I buy will have to be hidden) and tear down, and also seems more likely to burn the crap out of me if I get too vaped.

Which lands me here.

A quick question, how do you know what temperature you are using with this system? Looks like an analog knob and no display.

Thanks in advance!

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@dab8 from what I can tell- and mind you, I do not yet have my Ditanium, there is no exact way to know the temp on this model. Not to derail the thread. but if Flower and Concentrate and digital accuracy are all important to you-You might (also) consider a new Herborizer model. As soon as I discovered it it made my shopping list for those very reasons, as well as ability to tear down easily. https://herborizer.com/en/34-vaporizer-digiti

really short like 4 feet.

Yup, my only pet peeve is the cord.
Hope you had a pleasant evening with it. :whoa:

My evening was alright, did some dabs with it. I might be more impressed if I didn't already own a da Buddha with oil kit to compare with. The da buddha is built like a tank, Ditanium is more like a jeep.

I found the Ditanium to be overpriced for what you get. The glass wand is thin and slides off too easy when attached to heater, also the wand could use an oil pit to collect reclaim. hose is too short as well. power knob is too small, longer one would be better. I like the style of it, just needs more improvement.

Last edited:

CANtalk

All this power cord talk, I've seen a number of Youtube vape reviews that include power cord talk; it's a topic of discussion :). The EVO came with an 8 ft detachable standard power cord. In my use it definitely helps. I'll need an extension cord with a Ditanium. OTOH, if the power cord is the biggest issue with a Ditanium at this point, it sounds like a great vape :).

Edit. @25076 posted some feedback just as I posted this :brow:. Thx for that!

@-dab8-, knowing exact temp measurements are overrated in my opinion. Different vapes have different designs and often work best at different temperatures from each other. It's most important to find the setting or heat level that works best for you on any specific vape/unit. Instead of a number on a screen with some vapes this is a position on a dial with the Ditanium. People can estimate the temperature given by any position on the dial if they want, even use an infrared temp probe if one prefers measured numbers. Still, in the end different vapes will have different personal optimum settings for heat/temp and it doesn't really matter if it's a number on a screen or a position on a dial.

I also find the Ditanium very appealing for concentrates. At this point, I recently went with a VapeXhale EVO which is a different design (an all glass path for concentrates) and much less of a burn hazard. But for a nail/banger set-up I think the Ditanium looks like the shiz with its titanium e-nail. The Ditanium and EVO vapes interest me more than the Flowerpot vape options.

YMMV. Cheers

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Wow.

So...

This muddies the waters considerably.

A comparison between them all seems off topic here, so can anyone point me to such a thing if it exists? I looked at all of the web sites for those products (da Buddha, EXO, Herborizer, and ditanium), but trying to figure out pros and cons without any actual hands on knowledge of any of them, and never having even used a desktop vape other than the ed’s TNT woodscents log vape, my mind is sufficiently boggled.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I love the look of the flowerpot, but it seems like a lot to set up (I have kids, whatever I buy will have to be hidden) and tear down, and also seems more likely to burn the crap out of me if I get too vaped.

As someone who has had all of the Flowerpots - if you were planning to use exclusively with water pipes, I can't imagine the Ditanium topping the FP. The Di seems pretty cool for a more discrete, direct draw vape though.

Alexis

@-dab8- I have to pitch in here for mon bon French ami Sebastien Richez, maker of Herborizer.
If vapor quality, taste and smoothness are the most important to you, for flower at least, the Herborizer Ti is hard to beat, slightly pipping the Flowerpot (which I love, rate and recommend btw).

But Herbo does have slightly better flavour, is perceptively smoother and also does deliver a slightly stronger and longer lasting effect which is a little more sedative.

It really is splitting hairs there are pros and cons to both models. The Herbo has received some criticism for its concentrate enail system, which some feel isn't the best.
I only tried it one time, I enjoyed the dabs and it worked really good, but I never dabbed on the Flowerpot, only the Elev8r with ceramic health stone.

And I never tried the Ditanium. It may be that both the Di and FP, especially Vrod, are more optimised towards concentrate usage than the Herborizer but I couldn't say.

But for flower, the Herbo is as good as anything out there regarding the categories I refer to. The Sublimator I believe is regarded as arguably the strongest hitter ever, still. But the Herborizer offers comparable vapor quality, taste and effects with much faster heat up, ease of use and safety.

The New Digital version heats up in 3 minutes, is more powerful and does hit slightly harder than the analogue model which was already considered one of the best desktops in the world by those who have tried it.
It really is good, hence my praise because it is still so underexperienced. Still, lots of pros and cons with the various systems.
Of course I have no idea how it compares to the Ditanium, which is getting high praise from some serious vaporists here. It sounds very good, Im not knocking it at all, rather following with interest. :popcorn:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Hmmm... lots to consider.

Would anyone who has the ditanium or has seen it/used it say the titanium handle is definitely an accessory that adds a lot of functionality?

habitat-fc

I see you shaking your Showerhead. :p
Relax. Maybe he only reviews products his store carries. :shrug:
Still nice acknowledgements from a reviewer that tries a ton of vapes throughout the year.

His award would hold more weight/ meaning if he told us what other "non portables" he has tried throughout the year, without that info it's meaningless in my opinion. As you try the main competition normally before proclaiming something the best.

Also why would I expect the FlowerPot Showerhead to win? That was definitely not a 2018 release, I just thought he hasn't tried the Herborizer Ti digi or the VROD. Those two are definitely two of the best performing desktop releases of 2018 and he hasn't even give them a review, or a mention? Seems biased a little, and maybe not a one horse race but not a fair one either

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I am in kinda the same camp, need to keep the setup put away when not in use. So ease of setup and breakdown was important to me. Looking like an ordinary household item works very well for me too, as does not having to be dependant on a bubbler to use.

Would anyone who has the ditanium or has seen it/used it say the titanium handle is definitely an accessory that adds a lot of functionality?

I like the Titanium Hand piece way more than the original glass piece. Imo, the original glass piece is too thin and should be as heavy gauge as the glass that comes with the Titanium Hand piece.

His award would hold more weight/ meaning if he told us what other "non portables" he has tried throughout the year, without that info it's meaningless in my opinion. As you try the main competition normally before proclaiming something the best.

Also why would I expect the FlowerPot Showerhead to win? That was definitely not a 2018 release, I just thought he hasn't tried the Herborizer Ti digi or the VROD. Those two are definitely two of the best performing desktop releases of 2018 and he hasn't even give them a review, or a mention? Seems biased a little, and maybe not a one horse race but not a fair one either
It's as though you didn't read the post of mine you quoted.
I just said "I see you shaking your showerhead", pun like, cause you're signature says you have a showerhead.
Then about him reviewing things his store carries.
In his video he may mention these are for items he has done reviews of this year.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
So, having watched videos for the other available desktops, I’m STRONGLY leaning towards buying a ditanium. I need to let the funds build up a little from Christmas, and would like to see if they have a 4/20 sale (have they had any sales thus far?).

Factors:
-comes with a dedicated quartz nail that is always ready
-entire thing is very stable and unlikely to tip over
-using this does not involve placing a hot titanium coil around something else that I will inevitably burn myself or something else with at least once
-handles dry flower with ease, and full convection
-can be used with or without a glass water piece
-good temperature range (see cons)
-can be used with ANY 14mm glass piece
-pure vapor path

Cons:
-I don’t see a carrying case. I realize it’s a desktop, but it seems sturdy, and I’m at least taking it to a friend’s house once or twice.
-would like to see more attachments availible (probably likely to happen eventually).
-would like to see better whip management (maybe a small stand?)
-silly that it doesn’t always come with the carb cap, but puff it up includes it.
-wide temp range means small knob adjustments make big changes. Hope this is actually a non-issue.

Additional lingering doubts:
-I feel like I will use this more than my vapcaps if I get it, and that makes me sad
-I have several ed’s TNT logs already, and this seems to partially overlap those in terms of functionality, making the ditanium purchase a little less necessary, but obviously the ditanium has MORE functionality, and VAS exists, so...

Just placed an order with vapenorth and can't wait to start dabbing with it.

I already know what to expect with the ditanium. I have a dbv with oil kit and I like it alot. The Ditanium is a step up from my current daily driver.

Now that I have had it for a few days, I regret spending so much of my money on this and I should have gone with my first choice which was a dab rig and Enail.

The Ditanium has been cleaned and put back in the box and waiting for a new owner.

And the ditanium is definitely not a step up from my trusty da Buddha, I based that on looks and not actually testing it at the time.

Top Bottom