• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discussion on Inserts

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I always just go with dry q-tipping, sometimes I'll use a bit of water to try to remove some chazzing but usually by the time my stuff is that dirty I usually just give it a heated super green soak.

710yota,
Reactions: Bologna

SonicBacon

Sonic~ Do you not worry about thermal shock going from a hot banger to cold ISO?

Thanks for bringing this up Stretch!
Dry Vs Wet Q-tipping.

What is everyone's preference? I tend to maintain my quartz with exclusively dry tipping- except when things get too scorched and it requires a little extra effort/ISO to clean up.
I have not noticed any changes in the insert, I have been doing it this way for just shy of 2 years. If it was a nicer material I might reconsider, but for a $10 insert I’m willing to risk it.

SonicBacon,

strech

Forgot to add how I use my inserts. If I'm going to be doing a session with the wife 4 or more dabs in a row. I'll turn on the rig and stick my SiC insert in and bring it all up to temp and just dab away. If I'm going to use my sapphire inserts I will drop it in loaded into a hot banger. Temp is set the same as if I was doing the hot dabs with the sic. Takes about 15 seconds or so before it gets to temp and I'm taking tasty hits.

strech,

MegaMan2k

Interesting you say that, I avoid textured bangers for just that reason.

I didnt even know that the Textured ones was more prone to ripples, thanx for mentioning that!
However, mine is actually just a 100% standard clear-quartz no etching or textures, 30mm banger.

My ripples are pretty insane tho, the dish is serval mm thicker in some places compared to other.
This was actually the reason i decided to get the S-tier 30-mm insert, to see if that could extend the life of this super expensive banger xD

A quality banger should last for years when properly cared for... (As have my other bangers i own, heavy dabbing for 1-2 years, still no chazz)
Which is why i am kind of disapointed in this 250$ Evan Shore banger only lasted me 4 months before the dish was totally chazzed

Things like chippings, micro-cracks and ripples can easily be seen on photos if taken with a good camera in good lightning.

My stance is, i would probably still buy from Evanshore (in some time, when im done digesting this experience)
But! please do yourself the favor and ask for a QC-Picture of the specific item you are purchasing to be send to you before accepting it to be shipped out.

So much easier to have a item swapped before its even send out then having to convince customer service that something is wrong with the item you recieved.
In my case, Evan Shore was not willing to exchange the banger, and to me, personally that was the same as a 250$ loss (Knowing that the banger wouldnt clean properly due to the uneven surfaces, which would introduce early-chazz)

( Sorry i see now this sorta turned into a rant :D , i was actually just going to touch on the texture stuff but my fingers have taken control by now, lol )

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Here you guys go @FlyingLow & @invertedisdead:
Looks like the 40% off "discount is no longer available", so I'm out...

Let us all know how the dabs taste!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL, no interest in $2500 inserts...

Guess there are a few suckers out there... but this just rubs me wrong at that price.

FlyingLow,
  • Haha

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
would've had to get the 30mm @ $3500.00 to get the 40% off, so ONLY $2,100.00 (+ the like what, $2.00 in "shipping"?) but still, yeah, I hear ya!

somebody HAS to have more money than gawd (or sense) here...?!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Here you guys go @FlyingLow & @invertedisdead:
Looks like the 40% off "discount is no longer available", so I'm out...

Let us all know how the dabs taste!

A shame too, as it would have made a fantastic stocking stuffer!

MegaMan2k

The S-tier are more reasonably priced at 275$ for 30mm, i paid 190 with shipping to europe during the sale.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Do you always spin so forcefully?

My enails do not like the temp drop from that fast of airflow, I tend to spin in slo-mo:science:

FlyingLow,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Do you always spin so forcefully?

My enails do not like the temp drop from that fast of airflow, I tend to spin in slo-mo:science:
Ha, noooo, the oil would fly everywhere and find a way out and get wasted if I did that. Just showing how fast and easy they AUTO-spin with that cheapo directional carb cap. And that's the thing, the pearls are light and fly, it sounded forceful but it really wasn't all that much... especially compared to how I see d-nails being ripped (never used one).

I gently pre-warm my insert and pearls (usually only one) first, then put the oil in and drop the 'sert and slowly spin with the temp set at 440 the whole time. I'm finding the SiC pearls seem to hold the temp more stable than the ruby. These days, I'm more of a sipper than a ripper, and I feel I really get more of "everything" this way.

Not really finding that much of a benefit with deep dish or opaque bottoms either with a setup like this. No need to spend the extra $$, imo. Ruby and sapphire inserts...? Diminishing returns/placebo effect...?

I have a $33 SiC insert due in today to test out.... can't wait!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
infinityjar2__16710.1607301560.jpg

These quartz inserts are pretty fucking awesome.

We have all scraped the floor of a concentrate container to collect all the leave-behinds stuck to the glass... Not anymore!
Just drop into your favorite banger and vape EVERYTHING. Threaded cap for travel or storage.
They do look awesome and a great idea/concept... as for preloaded dabs on the go for say a Rio....? looks like a great fit. At home tho...? Not so sure just by looking at it.... I guess my only real concern would be the oil bubbling over by accident and then the threads being a little more of a pain to clean, and then maybe taking it in and out. Planning on tweezers? Shane sent me a pair of these and I love using them (in reverse with the splash guards, spreading them and the other way with plain or slitted ones). He must be doing maintenance cuz his site is down...

Not sure about that other part... you're going to put a large amount in and keep re-heating/hitting it...? Otherwise, you'll still have a bigger main stash, as always... unless I'm missing something... which happens, ha!

My cheapo SiC insert should be here any moment! I actually found it cheaper here (think it's the same). Wish I had found that rcctools site sooner... looks like some decent products at super reasonable prices! This coil looks pretty decent and is cheap.... checkout the crimping...

good luck exploring and experimenting... I'm having a blast!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So I admit, I don't plan on using this jar as an insert all the time.

I wanted to try one for use as an insert, but I really bought it because it looks perfect and small for me to store concentrates on the go, or even for long term storage in the fridge. It looks like there will not be much room for air in those small jars, and I much prefer using this over a no-stick silicone container.

Loaded full, likely a jar would likely last me at least a day (or days- will find out soon enough), and I would be using it as a traditional jar until the end... no scraping at the end to get EVERYTHING out of your jar. No scraping, just drop the jar in your banger... I dug the concept.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I much prefer using this over a no-stick silicone container.
All my concentrates come in glass containers and I just keep them in the fridge like that.... they have too much air?

I would be using it as a traditional jar until the end... no scraping at the end to get EVERYTHING out of your jar. No scraping, just drop the jar in your banger... I dug the concept.
Yep. There you go. Obviously (now, ha)... that makes sense...!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
First impressions of $33 (-15%) SiC insert...? Pretty awesome! Set it to 425 and was getting tons of huge hits with great flavor..! Heats up and cools down quickly... cleaned up easy with a few drops of water and a q-tip as far as I could see... Right now I'd say it's totally worth it and I'm glad I got it...!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've never used inserts. However, from what I have read, the reason is up-temp vaping.

Ramahs,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I've never used inserts. However, from what I have read, the reason is up-temp vaping.
So, to translate the deadhead, cryptic, stoner-speak... You're saying that you prefer to vape at high temps and read that they're primarily used for various forms of "cold-starting" and low-temp vaping and that's why you've never tried using them before....? Is this correct?

Bologna,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:D :D

Abysmal Vapor,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
:D :D
You too, what are you saying? That you want one really bad and that you're jelly of anyone cray-cray enough to afford it...?

Top Bottom