Discussion on Inserts

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So I got the S-tier

I dont even feel the thing is worthy of a picture or a real review.
All im going to say is, DONT waste ur money!

What a fricking scam!

Bummer my dude, I'm sorry to hear you feel you were pawned. I've heard the AlN is pretty weird to clean. I've been curious of trying it for a while but I just don't VAS much.

This breakfast bake off my faceted blue sapphire is for you!

invertedisdead,
Reactions: JCat

EuroVapeSim2

Volvo FH Globetrotter XL
So I got the S-tier

I dont even feel the thing is worthy of a picture or a real review.
All im going to say is, DONT waste ur money!

What a fricking scam!

Was it really that bad? I've also had my eyes on this one for a while.

EuroVapeSim2,

MegaMan2k

@EuroVapeSim2

Your right, lets not throw around the word scam like that.
They give you what you pay for, so def not a scam!!

However, i do not feel its worth its price at all, i would never recommend this product to any of my friends, to put it in a nicer way.

EuroVapeSim2

Volvo FH Globetrotter XL
@EuroVapeSim2

Your right, lets not throw around the word scam like that.
They give you what you pay for, so def not a scam!!

However, i do not feel its worth its price at all, i would never recommend this product to any of my friends, to put it in a nicer way.

The price is high and I've only heard one complaint about it, someone said it look like a cigarette butt after some use so it's interesting to hear someone else's experience wasn't up to par. I think I'll still hold off and spend my money on rigs.

EuroVapeSim2,

rasmundi

I'm guessing that SiC has the exact same nicotine patina, you just can't see it against the dark backdrop.
If you want to chase the flavor dragon with AlN, you're going to need a regular cleaning protocol, most people do that anyway. And a brand-new, pristine, perfect bowl is always only a torching away.

rasmundi,

MegaMan2k

i actually remember a live stream where the fadespace dude showed that he didnt perfectly clean the bowl between rips, he did q-tip but the yellow patina was still there as he heated for the next dab. point was that it wouldnt affect taste for next dab.
with clean oil and do low-temp that idea will probably hold true.

I really dont like torch-cleaning anything, even with clean quartz i think there is a certain smell generated lingering in the room from doing so, which i really hate that burnt-ish smell, and also holding the insert with tweezers while torching it red hot is above by comfort zone for something to be doing outside the work-shop with the correct safety measures in place.

not to mention the constant risk of cracking the insert from dropping or tapping it onto something while its hot.

My only hope currently is that i will be able to re-sell the insert :D

MegaMan2k

Update on the S-tier, Even in mint condition it dosnt even sell at 25% of its original value in the used market.

I advice everyone to stay away from these, turned out to be really hard to clean needs torching everytime.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am finally pulling the trigger on a faceted ruby insert. Are there others retailersI should consider? Should I just buy on price, or are there other factors to consider?

RCCtools

Manufacturer
They do look awesome and a great idea/concept... as for preloaded dabs on the go for say a Rio....? looks like a great fit. At home tho...? Not so sure just by looking at it.... I guess my only real concern would be the oil bubbling over by accident and then the threads being a little more of a pain to clean, and then maybe taking it in and out. Planning on tweezers? Shane sent me a pair of these and I love using them (in reverse with the splash guards, spreading them and the other way with plain or slitted ones). He must be doing maintenance cuz his site is down...

Not sure about that other part... you're going to put a large amount in and keep re-heating/hitting it...? Otherwise, you'll still have a bigger main stash, as always... unless I'm missing something... which happens, ha!

My cheapo SiC insert should be here any moment! I actually found it cheaper here (think it's the same). Wish I had found that rcctools site sooner... looks like some decent products at super reasonable prices! This coil looks pretty decent and is cheap.... checkout the crimping...

good luck exploring and experimenting... I'm having a blast!
Eyyyy! Thanks for the shoutout! Glad you found what you needed at a decent price.

RCCtools,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have been using my Highly Educated V3 Gavel with cheap ruby and sapphire inserts for some time now!
Amazing experience!!

I can also recommend having a look at the High5 website for cheap ruby and sapphire 25mm inserts!!

They only have ruby in stock for now, they sell out really fast!!
Nice and thick as well!

biohacker

I have been using my Highly Educated V3 Gavel with cheap ruby and sapphire inserts for some time now!
Amazing experience!!

I can also recommend having a look at the High5 website for cheap ruby and sapphire 25mm inserts!!

They only have ruby in stock for now, they sell out really fast!!
Nice and thick as well!

Hey dude! Those look midget sized! How tall are they? I've never seen anything like it before but I assume perhaps it's just the picture is distorted? Do you have the sapphire? I want to build a new gemstone dab farm after my one year hiatus! :rofl:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hey dude! Those look midget sized! How tall are they? I've never seen anything like it before but I assume perhaps it's just the picture is distorted? Do you have the sapphire? I want to build a new gemstone dab farm after my one year hiatus! :rofl:

LMAO!!!!
They fit a 25mm banger, so not too small. Height wise they are about 15mm tall, will have to measure them.

They were cheap as chips and a good introduction into inserts!
I bought both the Ruby and Sapphire inserts!
Ruby is super easy to use but the Sapphire is causing me some heating issues... Takes a lot of heat and then all of a sudden it's all bubbling!!
Getting some amazing hits though!!!

Good to see you around still!!!

Correct Measurements!
17mm tall
18mm OD
15mm ID
The Sapphire is also faceted!

This is in my V3 Gavel.
20221129-170446.jpg

Last edited:

biohacker

LMAO!!!!
They fit a 25mm banger, so not too small. Height wise they are about 15mm tall, will have to measure them.

They were cheap as chips and a good introduction into inserts!
I bought both the Ruby and Sapphire inserts!
Ruby is super easy to use but the Sapphire is causing me some heating issues... Takes a lot of heat and then all of a sudden it's all bubbling!!
Getting some amazing hits though!!!

Good to see you around still!!!

Correct Measurements!
17mm tall
18mm OD
15mm ID
The Sapphire is also faceted!

This is in my V3 Gavel.
20221129-170446.jpg

Thanks for the specs and pics bro! That looks like an amazing fit and I love the length of the carb cap, it's textbook! Is that banger 3mm sidewalls? I wouldn't mind an 18mm insert with a 3mm wall banger, but was thinking of going with a 2.5mm 710coils banger with a 19mm insert, since that is the size that seems most common. I have to have zero "wiggle room" lol

I think i've noticed some differences in thermal properties between ruby and sapphire as well, but attributed it to an insert that wasn't textbook size for the banger. I'm leaning toward sapphire so I can see how dirty it gets. Ruby hides filth too easily!

biohacker

That's why some of us dirty dogs love it :spliff:

I get that, but I got to the point where I could easily tell the difference between a sparkling clean ruby and one that "looked" clean, but really wasn't. On the flip, that yellow staining on the white sapphire can get a little annoying too for those ocd types like myself! :D

Good to see @biohacker again! I still got your dnail sapphire

Respect bro! That is such a killer insert, just wish it came .5mm bigger! My dream is an adapt tech sapphire XL!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That’s pretty interesting, I thought of a bunch of ways to change the floor of a banger to something else but they’re all a little tricky to implement. I wonder how well the quartz will really make a seal with the SiC insert.

lazylathe

Almost there...
That’s pretty interesting, I thought of a bunch of ways to change the floor of a banger to something else but they’re all a little tricky to implement. I wonder how well the quartz will really make a seal with the SiC insert.

Looks like it should make a really good deal as long as both are ground flat. The clamping system should also help make a good deal.

Who want to jump in and test it?😂

ontopofclouds

This is another option!
Directly heated insert, no quartz!!

I also absolutely love my Dr Dabber Switch with the Sapphire insert!
been reading vape news on the internet daily for like 10 years now and i've never been so fucking confused when i clicked on something like this in my life

it looks like a bluetooth speaker lol

ontopofclouds,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
been reading vape news on the internet daily for like 10 years now and i've never been so fucking confused when i clicked on something like this in my life

it looks like a bluetooth speaker lol

He has been making these "Cubes" for quite some time now. He first started using dual controllers with a bottom coil and a side coil joined with wire. This gave you a fully surrounded and heated banger. The cubes came in various formations.

This is a silicone carbide bowl that has the heating element around it and on top is an open top and bottom quartz banger.

So instead of hearing a quartz banger with a silicone carbide insert, this removes the quartz banger for direct heating of the insert!

Pretty interesting stuff!
Wonder if he will offer ruby or sapphire inserts...

ontopofclouds

He has been making these "Cubes" for quite some time now. He first started using dual controllers with a bottom coil and a side coil joined with wire. This gave you a fully surrounded and heated banger. The cubes came in various formations.

This is a silicone carbide bowl that has the heating element around it and on top is an open top and bottom quartz banger.

So instead of hearing a quartz banger with a silicone carbide insert, this removes the quartz banger for direct heating of the insert!

Pretty interesting stuff!
Wonder if he will offer ruby or sapphire inserts...
very interesting indeed

i would be down to be the guinea pig for this but its about $100 too much for me :lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom