• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
My two years with Miqro have been mostly positive. I tend to use it at or near its max temp since I find it to run cooler than it claims. The vapor always seems wispy compared to many of my other vapes but it still gives me the effects I'm hoping for. As for draw resistance, it may be more restrictive than some people would prefer but that is usually the case with conduction vapes. I don't mind having to take slower , longer draws, less often if that's what is required for the heater to keep up. I'm usually using this on long dog walks in the woods. Running it at higher temps definitely decreases the battery life but it's so easy to change, and carrying a spare is no big deal.
I've posted many times before that there is no perfect vape, at best, a perfect vape for the situation. Until I find a dry herb vape that's the same size, with interchangeable batteries, from a reputable company that can take its place, the miqro is still a keeper for me.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Days 2-5: figured out that the smart paths weren’t really that smart or good. Switched to precision mode on 420 (why not?) and got a bit a vapor. Effect has been very good regardless of vapor or not which is OK. I think I’m getting the hang of the Miqro. I used it quite a bit on days 2 & 3 and haven’t touched it in a couple of days. I need to grind more flower finer than I current have in order to use it which, in all fairness, is common in lots of conduction vapes. The Fury 2 has better air flow however (and I still enjoy mine). I’ll continue casual testing. I’ve gotten used to the interface and it’s very intuitive now. So what’s the longest turn off word reported? :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Jill NYC

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Days 2-5: figured out that the smart paths weren’t really that smart or good. Switched to precision mode on 420 (why not?) and got a bit a vapor. Effect has been very good regardless of vapor or not which is OK. I think I’m getting the hang of the Miqro. I used it quite a bit on days 2 & 3 and haven’t touched it in a couple of days. I need to grind more flower finer than I current have in order to use it which, in all fairness, is common in lots of conduction vapes. The Fury 2 has better air flow however (and I still enjoy mine). I’ll continue casual testing. I’ve gotten used to the interface and it’s very intuitive now. So what’s the longest turn off word reported? :peace:

What are your reasons for saying “the smart paths weren’t really that smart or good”?
Manual control is great of course, but as the vapor fades at whatever the “set temp” was, you have to bump the temp up, as we do with most devices.

I tend to start at SMART PATH #3, 390f-410f, then, SP #4, 410f-430f, if there is anything left, or go manual after a SP, to up the temp to kill the bowl. With the shorter “sesh” time of 5 minutes, 3 minutes shorter then the IQ2, and the smaller bowl, after 5 minutes, even at SP #3, and .15 load, the bowl is often dead for me. If Davinci ever figures out a way to edit the Smart Paths, via a web browser interface, like the Maxvapor PID, we would have more options.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I would agree that the smart paths are less useful for me. The Miqro seems to run at a much lower temp then what is displayed, or at least it produces much less vapor then others at the same claimed temp. This is also apparent in the color of the ABV. I only get decent results when I set the temp to its max setting or use smart path 4. Rather than use precious battery life on multiple smart path sessions, I tend to start taking draws while it is heating up. This gives me a few flavor hits and allows me to finish my load in one session. I can't fault the miqro for having a less powerful heater or shorter battery life, it's to be expected in such a small vape.

Vaporific

You should feel the pearl compact the load as you close the door. Great results this way.
Yeah, that’s my operational litmus test. The door shouldn’t snap closed but rather gently close compressing the flower. The effects have been very good to be honest. Still under the learning curve a bit but I’m getting the hang of it. It’s not a cloud machine for me, that’s for sure even on a high temp in precision mode. I’m not a could chaser either however some clouds I would expect, especially if I’m taking 30 second draws which I don’t normally do with other vapes. I don’t think I’ll use the smart path mode all that much. BTW, my Fury 2 has better air flow as a conduction vape - just sayin’. :peace:

maremaresing

I hate "smart" modes on just about everything. Manual 100%. "Let me decide what I want to do don't do it for me." So I thought the SP stuff was garbage and I'd never use it. Turns out I get more consistent vapor output on the SP4 than just going straight to max temp precision mode, and the flavor is better. So give it a try!

Miqro isn't a cloud machine like bigger portables, nor has the battery life, but it was never designed for that. It's smaller than an MFLB!

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
pretty much summed it up above me..... If you are a desktop/heavy-hitter vaporist, then you will need to max out the temp on a miqro to even come close to that expectation. It is a stealth vape, not a heavy hitter.

RustyOldNail

Yeah, that’s my operational litmus test. The door shouldn’t snap closed but rather gently close compressing the flower. The effects have been very good to be honest. Still under the learning curve a bit but I’m getting the hang of it. It’s not a cloud machine for me, that’s for sure even on a high temp in precision mode. I’m not a could chaser either however some clouds I would expect, especially if I’m taking 30 second draws which I don’t normally do with other vapes. I don’t think I’ll use the smart path mode all that much. BTW, my Fury 2 has better air flow as a conduction vape - just sayin’. :peace:

Unlike the larger IQ2, the smaller oven seems to need a slow draw, but NOT super long. Try shorter draw times, otherwise the heater gets overwhelmed.

I’ve been meaning to post a really simple way to gauge various vapes, actual VISUAL VAPOR OUTPUT. I’m sure all the experienced vapors that own water rigs, know this already.

Recently, I’ve been experimenting with small water pieces, for Dynavap and Davinci devices. Some are so small, I look into a small mirror, to see the vapor in the rig. Especially using the new Davinci bubbler/hydrotube 10mm attachment.

With my Miqro, the vapor builds up nice in a rig, but after 5-7 seconds draw, it thins out and disappears. Granted, I’m sure I’m still getting SOME vapor, but I feel the device has extracted what it could at that temperature. So if on manual mode, time to bump up the temp, if using the SP mode, I wait a bit till the heater catches up. The haptic BUZZ feedback is not accurate as a guide in this case.

Using a glass rig to judge visual vapor output has taught me a lot..... but you all know this... :)

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Vaporific

Vapouristo

Company Rep
I’ve been meaning to post a really simple way to gauge various vapes, actual VISUAL VAPOR OUTPUT. I’m sure all the experienced vapors that own water rigs, know this already.

With my Miqro, the vapor builds up nice in a rig, but after 5-7 seconds draw, it thins out and disappears. Granted, I’m sure I’m still getting SOME vapor, but I feel the device has extracted what it could at that temperature. So if on manual mode, time to bump up the temp, if using the SP mode, I wait a bit till the heater catches up. The haptic BUZZ feedback is not accurate as a guide in this case.

Using a glass rig to judge visual vapor output has taught me a lot..... but you all know this... :)
I'm not sure if I understand completely, but are you saying visual vapour is an indication of performance? I'm just trying to clarify as IMO&E the performance and vapour output is minimal, but the effects are still there even with whispy vapour? Is this to suggest that conduction vapes don't necessarily provide visual vapour, even if they provide full effects?

I understand this rule as it applies to my convection vaporizers, but just looking to clarify for conduction, as my pax and miqro tend to provide whispy thin vapour, but you still cough, and still get a nice effect.

Vapouristo,

RustyOldNail

I'm not sure if I understand completely, but are you saying visual vapour is an indication of performance? I'm just trying to clarify as IMO&E the performance and vapour output is minimal, but the effects are still there even with whispy vapour? Is this to suggest that conduction vapes don't necessarily provide visual vapour, even if they provide full effects?

I understand this rule as it applies to my convection vaporizers, but just looking to clarify for conduction, as my pax and miqro tend to provide whispy thin vapour, but you still cough, and still get a nice effect.

Using any device through water, just allows you to SEE the vapor being created as you inhale. If sucking directly on the MP, you can only judge by throat feel, effects, etc., but obviously you can not SEE it.

I use the devices native, directly from the MP often, as well as through water, the visual feedback can give you a good idea of how each device produces visual vapor, and when it thins out. I kinda knew that my longer MP draws on my Miqro were very weak near the end, and then going through water, I was able to see why. The IQ2 with it’s more powerful battery, and heater, you’ll get longer draw times.

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Using any device through water, just allows you to SEE the vapor being created as you inhale. If sucking directly on the MP, you can only judge by throat feel, effects, etc., but obviously you can not SEE it.

I use the devices native, directly from the MP often, as well as through water, the visual feedback can give you a good idea of how each device produces visual vapor, and when it thins out. I kinda knew that my longer MP draws on my Miqro were very weak near the end, and then going through water, I was able to see why. The IQ2 with it’s more powerful battery, and heater, you’ll get longer draw times.
Ah I got you thanks for clarifying! I will have to do the same; I keep forgetting all I need is a 10mm F reducer or an o-ring to rip it through a WP. I'll report back!

Vaporific

I haven’t tried the extended mouthpiece for the Miqro yet. Soon! Looking forward to trying it. Need to grind more flower finer first - mine’s medium which I know doesn’t work with the Miqro. I don’t like grinding often either, that’s my problem. A finely ground salad will be on the menu soon so I can feed the Miqro and continue the honeymoon phase. :peace:

Vaporific,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I draw slow and long ... tight lipped sipping using the flat MP .... SP3 & SP4
no complaints 😎💨

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: Kimosabe

Vaporific

I got much better results using the extended mouthpiece for the first time. Temp was still at 420 though I did use a slightly finer grind than the salad I made for the first few inaugural loads using the flat mouthpiece. I took 3 draws and then needed to turn it down to 410 as the Miqro was getting a bit too warm to hold. I’ll continue using the extended MP for a bit & lower the temp a bit too. This could be my sweet spot. I really like the pearl! It does get hot though and I guess it’s gotta cool before extending it to press the final few draws in a final sesh. I’m definitely liking the Miqro more. The battery life could be better, perhaps my biggest gripe. Any good caps or covers for the extended mouthpiece? :peace:

Vaporific,

RustyOldNail

I got much better results using the extended mouthpiece for the first time. Temp was still at 420 though I did use a slightly finer grind than the salad I made for the first few inaugural loads using the flat mouthpiece. I took 3 draws and then needed to turn it down to 410 as the Miqro was getting a bit too warm to hold. I’ll continue using the extended MP for a bit & lower the temp a bit too. This could be my sweet spot. I really like the pearl! It does get hot though and I guess it’s gotta cool before extending it to press the final few draws in a final sesh. I’m definitely liking the Miqro more. The battery life could be better, perhaps my biggest gripe. Any good caps or covers for the extended mouthpiece? :peace:

For HEAT, consider the silicone “glove” they sell, it’s pictured a few posts above.

RustyOldNail,

Vaporific

For HEAT, consider the silicone “glove” they sell, it’s pictured a few posts above.
One came with the Explorer package. Haven’t used it yet. Maybe I will if if gets consistently hottish. It may have been because I did back to back sessions killing a load and starting a new one. :peace:

Last edited:
Vaporific,

maremaresing

I'm so glad you are liking the miqro more @Vaporific ! I love how warm the miqro gets! It's like a soothing hot rock to hold after a session. But yes you can use the silicone glove to mitigate this. For covering the mouthpiece, consider some hose end caps like this:

I've not used my 10mm mouthpiece yet. It's still in the box. Drawing natively off the flat mouthpiece is so satisfying for me.

maremaresing,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I'm all out of IPA, has anyone tried to clean zirconium with Powdered Brewers Wash?
I guess it's safe and won't likely damage the finish, but would like to be sure before taking the plunge.

Copacetic,

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I'm all out of IPA, has anyone tried to clean zirconium with Powdered Brewers Wash?
I guess it's safe and won't likely damage the finish, but would like to be sure before taking the plunge.
I am sorry, but what is wrong with using 91% alcohol wipes followed by soapy water and clear rinse? I'm new at this DaVinci Zirconium thing

Kimosabe,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I’m pretty sure it’s fine - but I defer to the PBW expert @OF - do you have experience with using it with your Miqro?
I am sorry, but what is wrong with using 91% alcohol wipes followed by soapy water and clear rinse? I'm new at this DaVinci Zirconium thing
It is fine to use ISO wipes, followed by water (do it all the time) unless of course you don’t have any handy, which is why I believe @Copacetic was asking for alternatives that he has readily available.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Absolutely nothing, that's my preferred approach, but I'm all out of IPA (IsoPropyl Alcohol)
I’m pretty sure it’s fine - but I defer to the PBW expert @OF - do you have experience with using it with your Miqro?

It is fine to use ISO wipes, followed by water (do it all the time) unless of course you don’t have any handy, which is why I believe @Copacetic was asking for alternatives that he has readily available.
👍

Copacetic,
Top Bottom