Spin0620

For me I can't hands down say it's the best tasting of all my vapes but it's near the top. I have an IQ2 but it's super similar to an IQC I imagine (with some parts upgraded). Absolutely stellar taste probably due to the (mostly) ceramic airpath. I do love the fact that the bowl is large as well at around 0.5g.

I don't like the generalization that conduction vapes are somehow lesser than convection vapes. I own very tasty vapes that are conduction, convection and hybrid.
Never get that popcorn taste that you usually get. And very smooth vape.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I would be very surprised if this was anything else than your usual vaporizer gunk. Where else should it come from?
I think the very green color is the weird bit. It doesn’t look brownish like usual weed resin. Not sure if my pix do it justice. You see the “post reply” button on the bottom of this thread? It’s that shade of green. It seems to coalesce around the metal base of the plate that holds the round pearl screw, which makes me wonder if it’s adhesive from that plate. It’d help if I could talk to someone at Davinci who knew what that adhesive might actually look like, assuming there’s any adhesive used at all.
I don't like the generalization that conduction vapes are somehow lesser than convection vapes. I own very tasty vapes that are conduction, convection and hybrid.
Totally agree. The whole “pure convection” fetish is weird. Conduction can and does produce great vapor in some devices and it’s more consistent and controllable than convection. The hybrid of both that The Mighty uses is a perfect mix of both. (Off topic, I know!)

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
(Sorry for back-to-back posts, but this thread has been silent for a few days so….)

Anyway it took a while to get a response from Davinci re: the weird green residue I’ve seen in both my IQCs. Today I finally got the following:

After reviewing your photos, we reached out to our technicians. We provided your photos, and they confirm that this can happen due to the moisture content of the flower being used. One of the techs stated that he has experienced this personally. However, they suggested we create a return authorization for replacement, as they would like to see the device to be certain.

So I’m sending back both units. It’s not clear if they’ll replace or repair them….I get the impression they aren’t sure there’s anything wrong with them, so it’s unclear if they’ll need repair. It’s also unclear what the technician is saying causes the behavior….can very moist weed leave behind a deep green residue that is greener than the herb itself? Sounds pretty unlikely. Overall I’m a bit confused about this response but I’ll send back the units and see what happens, and I’ll let y’all know whatever resolution I get.

pop22

I love my DaVinci vapes, but their customer service has gone to hell. I have an IQ that has the problem of the chamber door falling open, weak magnet. They told me they wanted me to send a video. I told them no, I wasn't going to juggle phones and computers to send them a video, but I could send them the vape. That stopped replying to me after that. So much for the 10 year warranty!

Adobewan

I love my DaVinci vapes, but their customer service has gone to hell. I have an IQ that has the problem of the chamber door falling open, weak magnet. They told me they wanted me to send a video. I told them no, I wasn't going to juggle phones and computers to send them a video, but I could send them the vape. That stopped replying to me after that. So much for the 10 year warranty!
It's possible they would have sent a replacement based on your video saving you the time and trouble of sending your unit back in.
I hope your situation resolves, they've been exceptional to me throughout the years.

Xapove

I agree with @Adobewan. I also had some issues with my IQ purchased in 2019, but since then I've always been very well taken care of. On my last RMA I had to send a video showing the IQ problem: the classic mouthpiece lifting at high temperatures. Ultimately I didn't send in my IQ and got a new DaVinci IQ2!

Xapove,
Reactions: Adobewan

Trophyslayer

I absolutely love my IQC...but DaVinci their customer service is a debacle!
If anyone is looking for a job, these guys need somebody desperately !
Apparently, whoever is doing it now is not very good at it ...
My IQC started having a problem getting to temperature , and would turn off during the preheat at around TWO minutes, having to be restarted to continue.
It seemed as though it was having trouble getting up to temperature.
I opened a warranty claim, and sent my IQC in for service.
Because this is a medical device that I depend on, I sent it FedEx, and paid extra to get there as quickly as possible. When I contacted Davinci a few days after its arrival they could not even confirm that it had arrived, and asked me to send them my shipping receipt. I was told that it could take up to 14 BUSINESS DAYS NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS to get it serviced.
THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO URGENCY TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. ( but they do apologize for my inconvenience in every email)
When I finally got it back, it was doing the EXACT SAME THING that it was when I sent it in.
(I pissed away almost $40 to ship it, and wasted several weeks waiting for it)
Although it was a pain in the neck to have to turn it on again to continue a vape session, it was better than not having it.
However, the next day, it stopped working entirely.
I have four batteries that I use in rotation, that are charged on a high-end device that will also recondition them if needed. The problem is not the batteries.
If Davinci does not step up, and step up damn quick, I will be seeking another manufacturer.
It’s too bad because I really love my IQC, but I am hesitant to send it back to the Da Vinci Twilight zone to get it serviced.
I am looking for suggestions

pop22

My IQC started having a problem getting to temperature , and would turn off during the preheat at around TWO minutes, having to be restarted to continue.
Because this is a medical device that I depend on, I sent it FedEx, and paid extra to get there as quickly as possible. When I contacted Davinci a few days after its arrival they could not even confirm that it had arrived, and asked me to send them my shipping receipt. I was told that it could take up to 14 BUSINESS DAYS NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS to get it serviced.
THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO URGENCY TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. ( but they do apologize for my inconvenience in every email)
When I finally got it back, it was doing the EXACT SAME THING that it was when I sent it in.
Although it was a pain in the neck to have to turn it on again to continue a vape session, it was better than not having it.
I have four batteries that I use in rotation, that are charged on a high-end device that will also recondition them if needed. The problem is not the batteries.
If Davinci does not step up, and step up damn quick, I will be seeking another manufacturer.
It’s too bad because I really love my IQC, but I am hesitant to send it back to the Da Vinci Twilight zone to get it serviced.
The problem is very few are any better in support over all. I had FIVE Boundless Tera fail consecutively over a period of a year! I don't know if they ever fixed the issues with that vape, I gave up on the Tera sadly, I really like how it worked, but they were dangerous, would turn on themselves and get very hot and run the batteries dead! Had FIVE S&B Mighty fail also before I gave up on them also, over a period of 18 months. LONG waits between replacements. But this is a failure of all online merchants, there is no urgency in customer service as there is in onsite retail, where you have to face the customer. Now I will say that some are better than others, and a few are truly exceptional,. but, on average, customer service rarely rates more than barely acceptable.

"You should always have a backup device….." Yes, or 5 or 8...lol!

Last edited:
pop22,

Dustin McKief

I totally agree which is why I’m asking for suggestions and alternatives to Davinci
Have you tried a reset? It’s in the manual, but I think you hold all 3 buttons down for 10 seconds until it buzzes.

Inspect the battery contacts and make sure the battery lid is secure (I usually have to fiddle with it to get it to stay closed). If you have another battery, pop it in and test.

Dustin McKief,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I totally agree which is why I’m asking for suggestions and alternatives to Davinci

Well, you never stated your budget?
Since the Davinci is a conduction based device, I’ll assume you want the same type.
I own several of these types, and for the money I’d suggest the: XMax Starry 4.
You can learn more about it, at the link below, good luck!

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Adobewan

Trophyslayer

Have you tried a reset? It’s in the manual, but I think you hold all 3 buttons down for 10 seconds until it buzzes.

Inspect the battery contacts and make sure the battery lid is secure (I usually have to fiddle with it to get it to stay closed). If you have another battery, pop it in and test.
Did that a month ago...several times.

Well, you never stated your budget?
Since the Davinci is a conduction based device, I’ll assume you want the same type.
I own several of these types, and for the money I’d suggest the: XMax Starry 4.
You can learn more about it, at the link below, good luck!

Thanks

Trophyslayer,
Reactions: pop22

Xapove

@Davinci_vaporizer Is there anyone there? Some people want help!

Damn, really bad experience. Which country do you live in? In my case, I didn't even pay the freight for the IQ2 that they sent because of the problem with my IQ.

The problem is very few are any better in support over all. I had FIVE Boundless Tera fail consecutively over a period of a year! I don't know if they ever fixed the issues with that vape, I gave up on the Tera sadly, I really like how it worked, but they were dangerous, would turn on themselves and get very hot and run the batteries dead! Had FIVE S&B Mighty fail also before I gave up on them also, over a period of 18 months. LONG waits between replacements. But this is a failure of all online merchants, there is no urgency in customer service as there is in onsite retail, where you have to face the customer. Now I will say that some are better than others, and a few are truly exceptional,. but, on average, customer service rarely rates more than barely acceptable.

"You should always have a backup device….." Yes, or 5 or 8...lol!
A good friend of mine has a Boundless Tera and likes it a lot. But he also had to change it because the first one suddenly stopped working. Anyway, I completely agree with you that, at the end of the day, it is difficult for a brand to stand out positively for the quality and speed when solving your problems.

I don't know what your medical issue is, but I recommend Dynavap because it's practically indestructible and gets you on cloud nine in no time. In addition, it is also easy to clean and saves medication. If I were to indicate an electronic device, I would look more fondly at the devices from Xmax or Arizer Solo 2 - the latter seems to be a tank.

Arizer Argo is a nice vape with an all glass air path
At the time I did a direct RMA with the store where I bought my IQ and they offered me the Arizer Argo. As I already had all the DaVinci accessories, I ended up refusing, but Arizer seems to be a great brand. Nowadays I would like to give the brand Xmax, specifically Starry V4 or V3 Pro a chance.

Xapove,
Reactions: pop22

pop22

@Davinci_vaporizer Is there anyone there? Some people want help!

Damn, really bad experience. Which country do you live in? In my case, I didn't even pay the freight for the IQ2 that they sent because of the problem with my IQ.

A good friend of mine has a Boundless Tera and likes it a lot. But he also had to change it because the first one suddenly stopped working. Anyway, I completely agree with you that, at the end of the day, it is difficult for a brand to stand out positively for the quality and speed when solving your problems.

I don't know what your medical issue is, but I recommend Dynavap because it's practically indestructible and gets you on cloud nine in no time. In addition, it is also easy to clean and saves medication. If I were to indicate an electronic device, I would look more fondly at the devices from Xmax or Arizer Solo 2 - the latter seems to be a tank.

At the time I did a direct RMA with the store where I bought my IQ and they offered me the Arizer Argo. As I already had all the DaVinci accessories, I ended up refusing, but Arizer seems to be a great brand. Nowadays I would like to give the brand Xmax, specifically Starry V4 or V3 Pro a chance.
I have a Starry 3 and it's in my regular rotation. Makes good vapor, my only complaint is the mouth piece gets very hot.

pop22,

Dustin McKief

Nobody asked for it, but here's my long-term review. ;^)

TLDR: well-made device delivers tasty vapor, but a bit tricky to thoroughly clean.

Vapor:
  • Very tasty. I like convection vapor too, but there's something amazing about the IQC's roasted terpene flavor.
  • Path is short, so it is too hot at higher temps for native use. I know now that this is common knowledge, but didn't know when I purchased.
  • Draw resistance can be tight as you learn the optimal bowl pack. I get full extraction without having to stir when it's packed correctly, but that took some trial and error to learn.
  • Pacing of sessions was unnatural at first, as it doesn't pump out vapor continuously like a decent convection vape. After using it for a bit, I naturally changed my pull pace to match the heating recovery cycle.
Usability/Form factor:
  • Feels like a quality product with some weight to it, and fits perfectly in my palm.
  • Spacers & pearl work well to ensure conductive heat transfer with smaller loads. There is some guesswork to amount of material with the spacers, but the adjustability of the pearl takes care of any variances.
  • Battery door is trickier than it should be. Not a big factor for me as I only use the battery that came with it.
    • Battery life is OK. I have Bluetooth disabled, and typically can do 2 bowls before it is on the lowest bar. I'm a light, around the house user, so not an issue for me.
  • Display is unique and cool, but not always visible peripherally in brighter light.
  • I never change settings because I like the existing paths, but it would be impossible to memorize the various click combos to change things up. To be fair, most consumer electronics are like that.
    • I haven't tried to create a custom smart path yet, but it's a feature that seems useful. Is anyone using that feature?
  • Cleaning is fiddly. I like that all of the path parts come out, but Satan's anus is still a bummer. I am considering adding the dosing capsules to minimize that process. Can the capsules be used with smaller amounts if packed into the bottom, or does it only work well full?
    • Loading is well thought out, but unloading is a dirty process even if I hold it upside down. Another reason for interest in the capsules.
Company:
  • Support has been responsive on the two occasions I've needed it.
  • Pricing of accessories is, IMO, reasonable for this space.

pop22

I agree with @Adobewan. I also had some issues with my IQ purchased in 2019, but since then I've always been very well taken care of. On my last RMA I had to send a video showing the IQ problem: the classic mouthpiece lifting at high temperatures. Ultimately I didn't send in my IQ and got a new DaVinci IQ2!
Yes but this is a known issue and has been known for a long time! I mentioned this to them and I expected an answer that said yes, we can fix that, not some line of crap about sending a video, which I explained to them meant taking the video, then transferring to my PC THEN emailing it. Why all this? I do NO internet from my phone as a phone is about as secure as a bank vault made from paper...... Their reply? NO reply, just a big, silent, F you.

pop22,
Top Bottom