David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm using the 16" and the Cloud is not in my face. It actually sits off to the right, and I have enough clearance its not a problem. If I lean over and look through my right eye while hitting, I can look right down the glass of the Cloud, its like Dr. Who . . . but its a fine setup, no worries . . .

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If you can imagine me hitting this I would be oriented straight on so the top of the Cloud is like 45 degrees to my forward-right so-to-speak . . . you can see the base lined up with the vibration pad and the wall, I would be facing the back wall directly, but the Cloud is so quick you aren't in this position long either. Its going to be subjective, it works for me I guess . . .

Edit: I also like having the extra thick, 24mm, joint under the vape :)

cloud3y.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
This is what I am dealing with at the moment... it's a bit awkward, but that PVHES stem rocks the solo like nothing else!! I hope to have the GonG version in the next week or two. I just turn it sideways, so the solo is on the right, and I don't have it in my face.

FDTxy.jpg

jambandphan03,
Reactions: t-dub
NVS is having a sale on 7/10. If they have a 18" convert(24mm), I'm going to grab it, maybe even a 16" because tdub doesn't have a problem with it.

havealight101,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
NVS is having a sale on 7/10. If they have a 18" convert(24mm), I'm going to grab it, maybe even a 16" because tdub doesn't have a problem with it.
Everyone is different ;) When I purchased mine I thought it was 17", turns out is was 16" a little variance in the hand making I guess, so taller would be better. 18" with the 24mm convertible would be ideal imo.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
was just checkin' ALT and they have good prices, but all out of stock! looks like NVS it is. anyone else local know of any other suppliers (local)?

Bob Loblaw,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
was just checkin' ALT and they have good prices, but all out of stock! looks like NVS it is. anyone else local know of any other suppliers (local)?
Third Eye, and like a couple Beaverton LHS. Just google Portland local head shops and you'll find places and contacts that I never heard about it. I remember like 3 LHS carry them. Good luck.

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Don't forget NVS is having a 7/10 sale
yea, i am hoping to hit them early and grab the piece i want. am looking at a 18" tube, not sure about 18mm or 24mm. am using it mainly for oil. any thoughts on a good price range and/or preferences for mm size? basically am trying to figure out the advantage of the larger mm. have my own nail, dome ,etc. so that's not an issue.

Bob Loblaw,
Hey Bob, I called NVS today because I'm also interested in an 18", and they said DG's will be on sale, but prices won't be determined till after hours on 7/9/12. He also said they have 3 18"s, and possibly more on the way before Tuesday.
You won't regret getting one, my mini can has not disappointed one bit, it only makes me want a tube. You might as well get both at once.

Zangano Cruel

Not to cross-post but I am using Da Disc :freak: . . . what a beautiful day in the PNW :peace:

Gorgeous day, isn't it??? Jazz festival in PDX next to downtown river sidewalk :) come enjoy it!!!

Go Ducks!!!!!! O all the time :)

Can come and visit with some Black Betty & Cherry Pie :)

Zangano Cruel

Yeah, i got some wicked eyebrow frowning until she was freed from a forced T-break. That ol' saying, "don't knock it till you tried it" came to mind. No more complaints, although I think i have to send her shopping every time a new vape/glass comes home.
That sweet revenge will cost you a lot of shopping credit!!!! :)

Wow!! David Goldstein is a complete dick. I just got off the phone with him and holy shit was he rude as fuck. I don't know how to feel right now. On one hand I love his work, but after talking with him I don't think I want him to get any further business from me. Need to find someone else that can custom blow a fritted disc for me. :(

VapeNStone,
Reactions: ogcook

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Wow!! David Goldstein is a complete dick. I just got off the phone with him and holy shit was he rude as fuck. I don't know how to feel right now. On one hand I love his work, but after talking with him I don't think I want him to get any further business from me. Need to find someone else that can custom blow a fritted disc for me. :(
details?

Bob Loblaw,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

Can you share more? I have been around glass blowers... they can seem like they are being dickish, but are just introverted artists. That is unless they are just jerks. I would like to know the circumstances that lead you to feel this way.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Top Bottom