Dani Fusion by Battery-free Ganz

rebelFarmer

How bad did I mess up? Is this just cosmetic? Is it still usable?

I hit it with the Inductor, accidentally treating it like the TA3.

I have an inductor and I am awaiting the fusion 2.0, any extra details on how you treated it like a ta3? My normal workflow would be to put the graphite(?) portion on the edge of the head of the convector and rotate it as I get a red glow to push that around. Kinda curious if this is an issue, searching the thread I see others having good success with the inductor it seems.

rebelFarmer,

Atom Flower

Damn. looks like Zamnesia sent me a factory second...

2024-07-24-12-21-49-173.jpg

2024-07-24-12-07-39-649.jpg

2024-07-24-12-07-35-048.jpg

Thanks for the awesome feedback! 🌟

hi BFG, i hope this is not normal? i have asked Zamnesia for a replacement... obviously this sucks as I was keen to get going and I don't have much time before i hit the road.... is this surface oxidation/whatever that can by sanded off?

Otherwise the Fusion 2 looks dope, well made and I cannot wait to try it out!!
The included spare o-rings are nice to have.

One small criticism is the lack of a poker tool for pushing out the condenser which will surely need the most frequent cleaning!

Atom Flower,
  • Wow
Reactions: TedJones

Atom Flower

Welp, I figured if those rings are silver then it should be superficial so I went ahead and pulled out a metal file and was able to remove the corrosion by lightly filing along the rings, following the factory grind. It is still not OK at this price point and I guess some units did not get finished at the factory or the corrosion happens while the units sit in storage somehow?

here it is after cleanup and first use:

2024-07-24-15-13-47-369.jpg

2024-07-24-15-23-18-130.jpg

I proceeded to load the Fusion and fire it up.... first observations:

-surprisingly quick to heat up if rotated ( it is summer here)
-works great, definitely an improvement over Dynavap- click is not quite as loud but definitely audible.
-Gets hot - i would not want the metal sleeve version, and back-to-back sessions may be uncomfortable. However, the larger bowl mostly negates the need to have another hit unless sharing with several people.
-The taper of the wood sleeve sinks into 14mm female joints by quite a lot- a compromise with having a nice shape I guess, but i probably don't want the wood so close to water.
- The steel condenser definitely steals some flavour- glass balls for cooling would be a good upgrade. i did try that but the ball nearest the drip tip gets sucked into the hole and blocks the airflow. This can be prevented with a small screen behind the drip tip, but this would clog up quickly. Ideally the drip tip would have a small spike inside, to stop the ball from blocking the hole.
For now i just removed the condenser and the taste is noticeably better. I know i would not want to be cleaning that condenser after every use, and it will need it.
- Rocking this wood sleeved version without the drip tip feels better to me (I'm a lil' bit gangsta :cool:) and makes it more pocketable.

All in all the Fusion 2 seems like a great portable and definitely un upgrade from the usual torch fired portable thing!

Last edited:

Username88

Welp, I figured if those rings are silver then it should be superficial so I went ahead and pulled out a metal file and was able to remove the corrosion by lightly filing along the rings, following the factory grind. It is still not OK at this price point and I guess some units did not get finished at the factory or the corrosion happens while the units sit in storage somehow?

here it is after cleanup and first use:

2024-07-24-15-13-47-369.jpg

2024-07-24-15-23-18-130.jpg

I proceeded to load the Fusion and fire it up.... first observations:

-surprisingly quick to heat up if rotated ( it is summer here)
-works great, definitely an improvement over Dynavap- click is not quite as loud but definitely audible.
-Gets hot - i would not want the metal sleeve version, and back-to-back sessions may be uncomfortable. However, the larger bowl mostly negates the need to have another hit unless sharing with several people.
-The taper of the wood sleeve sinks into 14mm female joints by quite a lot- a compromise with having a nice shape I guess, but i probably don't want the wood so close to water.
- The steel condenser definitely steals some flavour- glass balls for cooling would be a good upgrade. i did try that but the ball nearest the drip tip gets sucked into the hole and blocks the airflow. This can be prevented with a small screen behind the drip tip, but this would clog up quickly. Ideally the drip tip would have a small spike inside, to stop the ball from blocking the hole.
For now i just removed the condenser and the taste is noticeably better. I know i would not want to be cleaning that condenser after every use, and it will need it.
- Rocking this wood sleeved version without the drip tip feels better to me (I'm a lil' bit gangsta :cool:) and makes it more pocketable.

All in all the Fusion 2 seems like a great portable and definitely un upgrade from the usual torch fired portable thing!
I disagree that the condenser takes away flavor but your post did give me a good idea. I exchanged the condenser for a vaphit ruby star followed by 4 or 5 quartz balls. Hit and tasted pretty good, I'm a colling was similar, but the airflow way more open. Even with the cap adjustment set to the tight position.

TedJones

I’m still rocking a glass stem from HighArtisan that I prefer slightly over the wood :tup:
Just received this terp pill stem compliments of @Highartisan. What a beauty (& beast)! A lot thicker than I expected. Ran back to back bowls and it pulls real nice. Cooling is about the same as the short woody which is nice and familiar. The draw is quite a bit more open though with the large bore all the way through the dimpled mouthpiece/end. 2nd bowl was rockin as I got 3 or 4 (cant member, ha) big pulls/clouds outta that lil bowl that I'd normally be coughing up a lung with the stock. Much more tolerable this round :bowdown:
https://highartisan.com/

Atom Flower

So Zamnesia got back to me and confirmed what I suspected- there is something in the leather sheath that reacts with the silver. They said all their Fusions have this corrosion on the rings.

@batteryfreeganz : This can be prevented by wrapping the Fusion with some film before packing... or wrap it in paper and pack outside the leather..

EDIT: success on the glass ball cooling! With a little tinkering and polite swearing i was able to use pliers to bend the end of a piece of 1mm titanium wire almost 180degrees into a hook, then cut it off to get a small U shape which i managed to push and wedge into the Fusion stem with a screwdriver ( chopstick would be better).

This works as a stopper for 4 *6mm glass balls and is a nice replacement for the metal condenser. If you try this with titanium wire, do not use excessive force! Titanium is harder than steel and you could fuck up your stem. If you cannot wedge it in, make a smaller U shape!

I have also been using the Fusion with the cap screwed in only about half-way, just enough so it will not fall off. This does not affect airflow but reduces heat transfer to the stem and seems worth doing.

Last edited:

Atom Flower

So this is not a back to back post as it's been over a week...

I am now in the great outdoors with the Fusion 2.... It became clear that a 4-jet lighter is best if there is any breeze. I also went back to the drip tip as the Fusion does work much better with it, and removed the glass balls due to the need for frequent cleaning.

I can get some good satisfying rips by going past the click for about 7 seconds, and half that for the second heat-up (if needed)

The restricted air flow is an issue as I am used to high airflow ball vapes. I feel that the airflow could be increased by having larger gaps instead of pairs of holes. It would be good to see an alternate bowl design featuring this.

Raphael De La Ghetto

According to my email inbox, I received my Dani Fusion from BFG in May of 2023. It's killed my VAS. The 7-8 vaporizers that came before it continue to gather dust.

Even though I use it daily, I'm still on my 2nd $10 can of butane. Would I really find value in the new BFG induction heater? Anyone regret the purchase?

popitup

Would I really find value in the new BFG induction heater? Anyone regret the purchase?
The Flare has me using the BFG Dani Fusion 2.0 regularly now.

If you like timed-based consistent hits that are ready in 40-45 seconds. The Flare is perfect.

I was previously heating with the wand ~2 full cycles (about 2 minutes), so this is a massive upgrade, no regrets.

Raphael De La Ghetto

I won't lie, even though the costs of a torch and butane have been minimal (single-flame Ronx) it would be nice to plop it into a heater and wait for the click. I certainly loved Pipes' Dynavap induction heaters.

Atom Flower

DUH! :doh:
My airflow issue was because I had pushed the screen all the way down to the bottom of the bowl, which effectively blocks at least half of the screen... with some effort i managed to move it back into the groove where it's supposed to be and voila... no more restriction :)

I have found that getting a screen to sit halfway down a bowl almost always needs two poker tools (chopsticks) pushing the screen from both the top and bottom to keep it horizontal... fun times !
My problem is that everything is tighter than a nun's nether regions. I can't get the oven apart, it took me most of the day to even twist it to adjust the airflow, and the "tightness" of the 9/8mm adapter is shredding O-rings apart right off the bat. For someone who likes to clean as much as I do, having O-rings tearing nearly every time I take it apart is far from ideal. .

I find it is very easy to take everything apart when the Fusion is still hot, just after using. I'm not sure why this is the case.

When cold it is indeed too tight to be done with any frequency.

Last edited:

borbjorbis

What's the signature of the Fusion 2.0 like? Very curious about the device, but these days I find that signature is more important than anything else for me, and it's making VAS much more of a slog haha (lots of tasty, heavy-hitting vapes that just don't feel right to me). For me, vape signature differences (and differences in consumption styles in general) are way more pronounced than, say, sativa vs. indica.

I also find that Convection vs Conduction is only a starting point for discussing signature. Besides the ineffable signature subtleties all vapes have, I sort of think about vape signature along four main quadrants: Convection Bright vs Conduction Stony on one axis, and Intense Heady vs Mellow Body on the other.

To give an example of what I mean, I find that the Woodscents, for whatever reason, is Convection Bright but also Mellow Body. I rarely get anxious, 100 mph thoughts from the Woodscents. FW8, on the other hand, feels similarly bright, owing to the convection, but I find it to be far more heady, despite having more conduction than the WS. Definitely can be more of a rollercoaster hitting the FW8.

Hope this all makes sense. It's an imperfect science, and at the end of the day we'll never be able to verify that a vape feels the same for any two people. The only way to know what I like is buying and trying, but I'd like to try to make more informed purchases in general.

Can anyone give Fusion 2.0 comparisons? For what it's worth, I find that my preferred signature comes from the mellow bright Woodscents balanced by couple darker, stonier Dynavap hits. If I could get that feeling from one portable device,,, VAS may become a thing of the past for me :lol:

Last edited:
borbjorbis,
Reactions: Mr Turnip

Mr Turnip

You put that really well way better then I could.

I'm also about to pull the trigger on the fusion hoping it sits in-between the dynas and tinymight with a nice flavour profile.

Mr Turnip,

AndyO

I don't think the DF2 is as good at 1he extraction as the Anvil. I don't think it does a slow heat up as well as the Stunner. Flavour-wise, I think it's probably on par with the Stunner.

One of the things I do really love about the Dani Fusion 2.0 though, is the "Poker"/pipe option. When I have friends around and they're looking at 20 vapes and trying to choose which one to use, the pipe is invariably one of the most interesting looking vapes for a casual user.

Top Bottom