Dani Fusion by Battery-free Ganz

Hms34

VAS got the better of me today, and I ordered the stainless steel stem Fusion 2.0. More excited about this than I was with the others. I like my 2 Dynavaps, but recognized the improvements I wanted, and who knows when the sorted out Tempest will be ready.

Hms34

Love my fusion 1.0 bit not sure I need a v2. Looking forward to the induction heater though.

Does anyone know if the click has a lifespan like the Dynavap?
The 2.0 is supposed to have an accurate click.

Is there an adaptor, etc, that pairs these with a bong?

Hms34,
Reactions: 364F

BeeSawd

HUGE fan of the fusion 2.0 so far. I heat just like I heat my v3 (heat the bottom of the bottom silver ring until the click then I heat the rest of the cap for 5 extra seconds) with the airflow set to max on the max bowl setting and after 2ish heat cycles I can get to black/out of vapor AVB. Stem doesn't even get a little warm after back to back bowls which is very impressive especially compared to how hot the metal v3 stem got.

The 2.0 is supposed to have an accurate click.

Is there an adaptor, etc, that pairs these with a bong?

They sell a WPA that's 14/18mm compatible but the new V2 steel stem fits a 14mm taper just fine, for bongs that just use un-tapered 14mm YMMV.

Here's my current setup:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My Fusion 2.0 metal stem landed on Friday.

The bigger bowl makes a barley noticeable difference to performance. In fact if I did not know it had a bigger bowl, I might not notice.

Regarding the click on the cap for me it's now spot on. The is a huge improvement, makes the OG cap feel like a beta version.

The metal stem is nice. Shorter than the original metal stem, but looks way better and feels nice in the hand. I don't miss the lack of a carb and I thought I would.

If you have an OG fusion and your saving your pennies, maybe consider just getting the new cap? Cap is by far the biggest improvement.

Edit: I assume new cap is compatable with OG fusion?

popitup

I understand there isn't a great IH for the Dani yet. There are two upcoming IHs on my radar, one from BFG (flare), and another from vestratto (forge).

Does anyone have any tips to maximize performance of the wand for the Fusion 2.0 until those get released?

I don't have the original Fusion to compare to, but I found the hits of the 2.0 to be very tasty and have good vapor quality when compared to my dynavap setups. Love being able to take multiple drags without reheating.

kokolokokolokon

Does anyone have any tips to maximize performance of the wand for the Fusion 2.0 until those get released?
I didn’t like how the fusion works on the wand. It takes 2 minutes or so to heat the fusion…an eternity…and just for “ok” results. I dont use to like the torch more with my vapes (tempest, convector, dynavap) but i find the dani needs the torch until we have the Flare or the forge
(And i hope those 2 works well with anvil, tempest and dani)

popitup

I can relate, I've been hesitant to try torches. Any recommendations on a universal torch, or a fusion 2.0 specific preference?

For now, I'll probably continue experimenting with the wand, as it's the only IH I have. You are right, it does take forever to heat compared to my dynavaps :lol: . I can't speak to how much I'm missing out on without a torch, but if this is "muted behavior", color me impressed already!

TedJones

I can relate, I've been hesitant to try torches. Any recommendations on a universal torch, or a fusion 2.0 specific preference?

For now, I'll probably continue experimenting with the wand, as it's the only IH I have. You are right, it does take forever to heat compared to my dynavaps :lol: . I can't speak to how much I'm missing out on without a torch, but if this is "muted behavior", color me impressed already!
Out of all the torches I have, the Ronx triple flame has worked best for my fusion. Best when flame(s) are below the cap ime.

McSheamus

I tried to search for it but dont find the info. Can the o rings be soaked in iso?

My bowl is always a struggle to get out the stem, im wondering if its bc i dont take the o rings off when i iso soak...

Anandaman

I have a fusion (1.0) I use with a torch and another I use with the wand. The torch one gets the most use because it is quicker and more convenient. I almost exclusively use a bernzomatic precision torch with my non-ih fusion. the torch is a little too hot (for my preference) to use with a vapcap or vapman, but not strong enough to really get a banger hot for dabs. I use my fusion a fair bit so I guess it is worth it to have this torch, it was cheapish.

I may just break down soon and start using a torch on all of my fusions. It’s so much easier and the new, suitable ih still seem a ways off. The caps feel pretty robust so maybe a torch blasting it won’t weather it too much over time?

For the o-rings, my best experience has been an iso scrub after dismantling while still warm rather than a full soak. I try to be as gentle as possible with them because I’m too lazy to get extra.

TedJones

I tried to search for it but dont find the info. Can the o rings be soaked in iso?

My bowl is always a struggle to get out the stem, im wondering if its bc i dont take the o rings off when i iso soak...
Not sure myself. Think it might wear down most black rings. I’ve never soaked this one. Just iso on a swab for the bowl, and a pipe cleaner for the bore. My bowl has always been pretty tight getting it back in. I put a bit of wax on the rings before squeezing it back in.
a bernzomatic precision torch
I’ve had this one. Good torch for sure! Using a similar generic w/Tempest (vertical flame hold)
torch blasting it won’t weather it too much over time?
Been hitting mine for over a year now & still working great. Some burn marks and small scratches but looks pretty good for it’s age :lol: (pic on previous page)

TedJones,
Reactions: Anandaman

popitup

Yeah, so the fusion 2.0 is really nice. Got me higher than I thought, and started taking it apart because it's a very cool piece of kit. The CCD stuck to my finger from the resin that accumulated, and it ended up falling off my finger into the abyss between the floorboards.

Getting another CCD will take me days, I shoved a screen in its place. Is there any major reason I should not use a screen in the interim? I'm guessing my stem might just gunk up more, and I'll get more undesirable bits.

Also, I was able to dig up an okay torch from the kitchen drawer. Was definitely a faster and fuller cloud, different taste profile, but I'm still working on my technique.

TedJones

@popitup you could probably get by by putting a couple of larger nugs at the bottom. Not sure if the bowl diameter stayed the same but I use 5/16 mesh in the og.

TedJones,

popitup

Alright, sounds like the mesh screen isn't a huge deal in the interim. The big nug isn't a bad idea either. How does the Fusion 2.0 do with full nug extractions? I've been using a medium grind.

popitup,

tatbock

Is the Dani the same amount of conduction as a Dynavap? I keep reading it is more convection then a Dyna but I thought they are working pretty similary?

tatbock,

kokolokokolokon

Is the Dani the same amount of conduction as a Dynavap? I keep reading it is more convection then a Dyna but I thought they are working pretty similary?
Dynavap (+armored) and fusion are hybrid.
But i feel the dani can give more convection, especially if you heat it fast (i use a triple flame, aiming 2 flames on the botton silver ring and 1 flame on the top one, 5/7 seconds pass the click)

Some clouds!

kokolokokolokon

wou,d you say it can give also more conduction if you heat it really slow?
It has a Ti chamber, so it is easy to get hot. The more slow you heat the cap, the more the heat penetrates to the chamber and heats it. Of course it will have conduction anyways but the level of conduction changes a lot.

Last edited:
kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: tatbock
Top Bottom