Dani Fusion by Battery-free Ganz

LocoKoko

I've read a few comments stating that the Fusion retains heat well, although less than the V3. I'm hoping that someone can elaborate on the Fusion's heat retention and how it affects performance.

How many hits are you getting per heat cycle? After how many hits does vapour quality diminish significantly? How much time between heating? Do you heat less frequently than a dynavap?

Raphael De La Ghetto

TedJones is correct. If you have the mini stem that is. The small intercooler in my Fusion has never rattled though. Inside the (inner metal part of the) stem there is a ridge to keep the intercooler in place. It simply cannot be bigger as it is.

Unless I've fried my brain from nearly 30 years of cannabis use (very possible!), I cannot for the life of me find a ridge inside the body of the Fusion to keep the intercooler in place.

For me, it absolutely moves freely inside the body - often blocking the airport, so I need to 'shake' it out of the way. I imagine it'll only stop if/when it gets caked up with resin so that it sticks to the inside.

Raphael De La Ghetto,
Reactions: pequeñotío

2pumpchump

I've read a few comments stating that the Fusion retains heat well, although less than the V3. I'm hoping that someone can elaborate on the Fusion's heat retention and how it affects performance.

How many hits are you getting per heat cycle? After how many hits does vapour quality diminish significantly? How much time between heating? Do you heat less frequently than a dynavap?
as we all role our own stile .. I use nug not ground put as much in my bowl as I can and have airflow and don't heat to the edge of combustion on the first heat cycle fixing to pack 1 so il weight it and count clicks lol

Unless I've fried my brain from nearly 30 years of cannabis use (very possible!), I cannot for the life of me find a ridge inside the body of the Fusion to keep the intercooler in place.

For me, it absolutely moves freely inside the body - often blocking the airport, so I need to 'shake' it out of the way. I imagine it'll only stop if/when it gets caked up with resin so that it sticks to the inside.
I know mine is beyond fried.. not sure I call it a rig but this is what was ment I believe.. and to check you have the wood shorty stem?

Try to bend it a little. My came like that and it stays in place
same I also use the mouthpiece to seat mine https://ibb.co/mFBtdfn
Forgive my wood I left it in iso for over a day about a weak ago

2pumpchump,

Raphael De La Ghetto

Nope, I've got the metal unit. And boy howdy am I loving it! No more waiting two minutes for the Mighty to heat up, this beauty clicks in 20-30 seconds!

Raphael De La Ghetto,
Reactions: Sour Dream

TedJones

It doesn’t retain heat as long as I would like but can’t really complain .. heck it’s titanium. I don’t like to let it sit long without pulling. I’m more of a one-hitter-quitter myself, so I heat it as hot as I can, immediate long draw (maybe some “tokes” within that draw. Gives a warm/hot and dense vape that sends me flying. Second pull is not nearly as warm or dense, but flavor town. Maybe a third round of hard straw “tokes” if still something there. Bowl done.

2pumpchump

Nope, I've got the metal unit. And boy howdy am I loving it! No more waiting two minutes for the Mighty to heat up, this beauty clicks in 20-30 seconds!
The way you was talking I had a filling it was metal! I could not stand it either so found a few options and some cool tricks to do as well I'll touch back with you on that but for now the 2 SS ends that screw off the TI body you can twist and press it in 1 of them I find mouthpiece side was easier to do !!

OK so .12 g heat on bottom ss ring at exactly click got 3 terp hits with light cloud now take in mind heat retention dose not all ways mean your vapour quality not falling off as to the 2nd part of your? As the Fusion is fast to reheat and works better with middle cycle heating..
2ed same Ss ring at click over 4 hits with nice clouds and 15 to 30 seconds in-between hits ..
3rd heat same but only got 2 hits ... because I had to tap out lol

2pumpchump

If wedge it in the mouthpiece is working for you and you like to use your carb as a carb try this trick blocking off the the Grove of the spirel the secondary airport/carb is on at the mouthpiece it forces cold air to go up and back down the other side ...thus cooling down the intercooler as you clear it for the next hit

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Did the whole "where to get a wooden short stem in the EU" thing get sorted? Because I see RVS in the UK are carrying them for £23. And yes, I'm aware the UK is no longer in the EU.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: 2pumpchump

2pumpchump

Did the whole "where to get a wooden short stem in the EU" thing get sorted? Because I see RVS in the UK are carrying them for £23. And yes, I'm aware the UK is no longer in the EU.
im fixing to re check but im trying to remember if any 1 has it by its self probly will be an edit
ok so soothing vapors in Canada dose FYI

Last edited:
2pumpchump,
Reactions: Grover

tokenknifeguy

Just got the Fusion, had it about 3 days now. It works pretty good but I know it has to perform better than what I'm getting out of it. Is there a way to consistently clear out the whole bowl in 1 vape hit? I'm holding the flame at the bottom of the silver ring and when it clicks, I get whispy hits. If I go past the click, I can never get the timing right to clear the bowl out in one hit. I've combusted about 2 or 3 times so far trying to ride the line.

So far, I'm not really seeing how this is any better than the dynavap other than holding more hemp. I get the same results as the dyna, just that it takes longer to get there and wastes more butane. I've also seen reviews saying the Fusion isn't as a heavy hitter as the v3 or other dani's.

tokenknifeguy,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just got the Fusion, had it about 3 days now. It works pretty good but I know it has to perform better than what I'm getting out of it. Is there a way to consistently clear out the whole bowl in 1 vape hit? I'm holding the flame at the bottom of the silver ring and when it clicks, I get whispy hits. If I go past the click, I can never get the timing right to clear the bowl out in one hit. I've combusted about 2 or 3 times so far trying to ride the line.

So far, I'm not really seeing how this is any better than the dynavap other than holding more hemp. I get the same results as the dyna, just that it takes longer to get there and wastes more butane. I've also seen reviews saying the Fusion isn't as a heavy hitter as the v3 or other dani's.
I can't really pass judgement on the fusion since I have a V3Ti Dani and never opted to try the fusion based on what I've read. I just wasn't convinced it brought that much more to the table. I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

One thing I am sure of is the that the girl in your profile pic has a balcony you could perform Shakespeare off of. Damn 😲👍

tokenknifeguy

As long as I have my face, she will always have somewhere to sit.

Can the V3Ti clear out the bowl in one hit, or does it take 2 to get it done? I know the dyna is a smaller bowl, but I can clear it out in 1 hit, though it isn't that repeatable. Gotta really ride the line. I also wonder if the smooth SS tip would perform better than the v3ti.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Can the V3Ti clear out the bowl in one hit, or does it take 2 to get it done? I know the dyna is a smaller bowl, but I can clear it out in 1 hit, though it isn't that repeatable. Gotta really ride the line. I also wonder if the smooth SS tip would perform better than the v3ti.
So full disclosure, I'm not a torch guy so I have the IH compatible tip. It definitely needs *at least* 2 heat cycles to clear a bowl with the Wand. I've never really tried to ride the line with a bowl that large bc I know I'd get choked out trying.

That's the nature of Titanium though. Heat up and cools down quickly. I'd say the smooth SS tip would be your best bet to hold heat for long enough to clear the whole bowl.

If you're looking for a unit that you can crush in one heat cycle I'd say this new class of DV style ball vapes are where it's at. Something like the Thermal Accumulator, Stunner, 18mm killer, VHB Slide once heated will hold enough heat long enough to crush a bowl.

I'd guess the Anvil with it's copper core can do this too.

TedJones

It took me a while to get the hang of it, so stick with it. I've started using a bit of a coarser grind to help air get through there. Went back to my single flame medium sized torch. 12-15 seconds past the click depending on how powerful flame is at the moment (or even how "hard" the cap clicked). I've adopted the technique i was using with the cigar style triple flame torch. Holding the Fusion horizontal, while torching from underneath. Pretty easy to rotate that way too, but not necessary.
It takes my old lungs a couple of breaths, but can extract either the V3 or Fusion bowls this way. Did combust in the V3 a couple times recent though.

2pumpchump

It took me a while to get the hang of it, so stick with it. I've started using a bit of a coarser grind to help air get through there. Went back to my single flame medium sized torch. 12-15 seconds past the click depending on how powerful flame is at the moment (or even how "hard" the cap clicked). I've adopted the technique i was using with the cigar style triple flame torch. Holding the Fusion horizontal, while torching from underneath. Pretty easy to rotate that way too, but not necessary.
It takes my old lungs a couple of breaths, but can extract either the V3 or Fusion bowls this way. Did combust in the V3 a couple times recent though.
Did I miss something smooth ss tip v3 ?
Have been using a similar method with single flame torch hints nicking the stem with the touch lol . moving to the bottom silver ring gives you more play room .. small to medium torch seams to work better for me . I like running full airflow but you might try cutting it off a bit as I have found it to outrun the heat from the cap on wp and bring me to my last tip . Witch is still reheating but mid cycle heat till click take hit heat for 5 seconds or so .. honestly I have a love hate thing going on with mine when I'm on a roll I love it and other times it makes me so mad I can't get my grove right with it

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Did I miss something smooth ss tip v3 ?
Have been using a similar method with single flame torch hints nicking the stem with the touch lol . moving to the bottom silver ring gives you more play room .. small to medium torch seams to work better for me . I like running full airflow but you might try cutting it off a bit as I have found it to outrun the heat from the cap on wp and bring me to my last tip . Witch is still reheating but mid cycle heat till click take hit heat for 5 seconds or so .. honestly I have a love hate thing going on with mine when I'm on a roll I love it and other times it makes me so mad I can't get my grove right with it
The smooth ss doesn’t exist I think they were just confused

Sour Dream,

tokenknifeguy

Yeah it is a smooth Ti. I also got the regular metal stem in today for the fusion, but is the spiral insert supposed to be just rattlin around in there? It is not held in place at all and probably has a 1/4 inch or so of space to slide back and forth in. Is this right?

tokenknifeguy,

nicknobody

Yeah it is a smooth Ti. I also got the regular metal stem in today for the fusion, but is the spiral insert supposed to be just rattlin around in there? It is not held in place at all and probably has a 1/4 inch or so of space to slide back and forth in. Is this right?
Try and put a slight bend in it so it’s held in place by a pressure fit like my fusion came and I did to my metal stem. Or wait for some resin to hold it in place.

Last edited:

TedJones

Intercooler in my long woody rattled around a bit in there when it was new. After some use & a couple of cleanings, it has been real snug ever since. Actually have to use a tool to push it back in place now.

tokenknifeguy

On the short wood stem, the intercooler was wedged in there really good and I couldn't get it out, so I just left this one as it is. It still slides but ain't that big of a deal, since the clicky thing in the cap rattles like crazy already.

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Just found an interesting fit for the Fusion and a cap stand/decapper. About to take it for a spin and report back.
I’ve become obsessed with this since I saw you post it. The idea is so clever, since the Dani tip does not need to spin while torching, and the larger wood and glass body can better support and cool the amount of heat that builds into the tip and bowl. I’m surprised no one has come up with something like this custom made for the Dani. A direct draw wood vape that can also support a bowl/cap seems so clever and versatile. I have neither a Dani nor a Dobby but I want one of each just to try this.

If there were a way to retrofit the Dani bowl to a Sticky Brick I would absolutely buy a Dani to try it.

Top Bottom