Dani Fusion by Battery-free Ganz

TedJones

I couldn’t pass this deal up: https://wesleypipesandmore.com/product/no-carb-combo/

It’s the Fusion with shorty wood stem AND a long wood stem without carb. The Fusion with the shorty stem as a regular item goes for $140, the long wood stem is $55. This is both for $140. Guess I’ll be comparing the V3 and Fusion soon.
Awesome deal! Cool to see long woody w/out carb. Not needed for fusion imo. Looks like everything is coming with the newer style mouthpiece as well. Tempted to snag the SS since it’s the one I’m missing. Assume it would come with standard metal stem. Might keep looking for that tip second hand though.

2pumpchump

Awesome deal! Cool to see long woody w/out carb. Not needed for fusion imo. Looks like everything is coming with the newer style mouthpiece as well. Tempted to snag the SS since it’s the one I’m missing. Assume it would come with standard metal stem. Might keep looking for that tip second hand though.
I just saw he has a fusion v3 ss special for $200 and a wood case

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Used the Fusion last night, and I love it! The machining and sleeve and overall feel are a cut above the v3 and once I set the airflow to my liking it was extremely easy to get tasty, thick clouds. I used a triple torch below the second silver ring until click then moved the flame to the top of the cap for 10 more seconds and that gave me a thorough, even roast. I’d say it’s worth it for the extra cost of the Fusion over the v3, personally.

TedJones

I used a triple torch
Do you have a good one to recommend? I’m using some cheap cigar types off Amazon. They’re awesome at heating the cap, but don’t hold much fuel. Have to adjust the flame depending on fuel level each time which is a pain. Sometimes need to grab my single mid-heat cycle.

TedJones,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Do you have a good one to recommend? I’m using some cheap cigar types off Amazon. They’re awesome at heating the cap, but don’t hold much fuel. Have to adjust the flame depending on fuel level each time which is a pain. Sometimes need to grab my single mid-heat cycle.
I’ve heard good things about the Honest ones. I got mine at a local tobacco shop many years ago and it’s functional but not awesome.

2pumpchump

I use this with just the one flame. It was recommended earlier in this thread, and I've only filled it twice in 1.5 months.

Triple torch is overkill, IMO. This Ronxs on a single flame heats to the click in 25 seconds.
dose that torch have a singel flame option i can see a triple 1 of those being overkill lol
I’ve heard good things about the Honest ones. I got mine at a local tobacco shop many years ago and it’s functional but not awesome.
i had a honest single flame flint strike i carried for over 4 years

2pumpchump,

Raphael De La Ghetto

dose that torch have a singel flame option i can see a triple 1 of those being overkill lol

i had a honest single flame flint strike i carried for over 4 years
Yes, there's a switch on the top to choose one or two flames. Hats off to the kind member who suggested it upthread. Fantastic quality!

Raphael De La Ghetto,
Reactions: 2pumpchump

Shorner

Got my fusion today

First couple of rips I was quite disappointed, using a honest single flame pointed at Lower ring I got very little vapor, I turned the flame up and went past the click for 6-7 seconds boom big tasty clouds very impressed! I think you need a big flame with this vape...its a bit annoying threading the bowl on far too many turns for my liking, the build quality is amazing, wood is beautiful, airflow adjustment a bit of a pain, love the leather case although the device was stuck in there to start....early days but for £110 this is a fantastic buy.

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Yes, there's a switch on the top to choose one or two flames. Hats off to the kind member who suggested it upthread. Fantastic quality!
Thanks I had seen other members talk about doing that with that torch but was not sure I was reading them correctly .. I know all it takes is a simple valve just have not seen it b4 nice Feature

2pumpchump,

StinKing

I've had to fully clean my Fusion a few times now due to accidental combustion and when I do, I stick the whole unit, minus the stem, into some ISO and then rinse off after. I've noticed that the click from heating has become very quite on my Fusion. Could this be from my cleaning method or maybe I'm just thinking it sounds quieter???

Anyone have similar experience or knowledge on the matter?

StinKing,

StinKing

:doh::doh::doh:

Well, it still works for now, I'll just have to keep an ear on it and not clean it like that anymore.

Might have to order another one, but I don't mind, I love this thing.

Live and learn!

StinKing,

StinKing

Yeah maybe it'll dry out after a while and go back to normal, or you can put it in a little bag of dry rice overnight and see if it makes a difference.
I'm letting it dry and I went and bought the no carb combo from Wes. I couldn't help myself :wave:

StinKing,

TedJones

@StinKing I bet it’ll start sounding normal after some use. The only thing I soak in iso is the cooler. Here’s my manual madness: Heat gun works wonders!

Hold sticky cooler with pliers on the back end and loosen resin with gun. Wipe with iso soaked cotton swab(s) drop & soak. Loosen resin in stem, go to town with swabs & rinse. Same with bowl holder (swab just fits though) & bowl (pipe cleaner for bore, pliers to hold). Swab with water only for inside the cap.

All can be dried right away with paper towels and/or blow dryer. Worked in a kitchen many moons ago so luckily my fingers can tolerate the heat gun somewhat well, ha!

TedJones,
Reactions: endof3d

StinKing

@StinKing I bet it’ll start sounding normal after some use. The only thing I soak in iso is the cooler. Here’s my manual madness: Heat gun works wonders!

Hold sticky cooler with pliers on the back end and loosen resin with gun. Wipe with iso soaked cotton swab(s) drop & soak. Loosen resin in stem, go to town with swabs & rinse. Same with bowl holder (swab just fits though) & bowl (pipe cleaner for bore, pliers to hold). Swab with water only for inside the cap.

All can be dried right away with paper towels and/or blow dryer. Worked in a kitchen many moons ago so luckily my fingers can tolerate the heat gun somewhat well, ha!
That's actually good advice! I already use my girls air dryer to dry my glass but I've never thought of the idea to simply heat the devices up and then iso swab after to clean it all up. I will definitely be doing this moving forward for cleaning my Dyna and Dani tips. Thank you

StinKing,
Reactions: TedJones

StinKing

Also, shout out to Tiny.stems. I just got this gorgeous stem from him today and I really like it!

He was super quick to respond to my questions and was really nice. The quality is nice and his prices are very reasonable, compared to other stem artists.

I will say, the vapor was a tad too warm for my liking, but I was able to fit two glass screens and five 3mm ruby beads into the tip, behind the Fusion, and it hits awesome now.

Haven't had this thing out of my hand for a while now, hah.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Crikey, a single load of hashed up degummed hemp wool delivered me 2 huge sessions and has still left me overfaced.

Probably about 0.08 of mid range Moroccan, heated aggressively with a Blazer Hotshot for 8 past the click and I have never experienced such deeply intense vapour in such large quantities.

I used a Big Ballr bubbler (which has a capacity of about 750ml give or take) and I was able to get 6 completely opaque snowballs, the kind of density that usually suggests you've combusted. Except not at all in this case

3 yesterday afternoon (before I had to give up) and 3 this morning. Outstanding performance. Insufficient attention given to the performance of the Fusion with hash, I reckon

Top Bottom