Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Just finished watching the vid, my cylinder mould that came with it is smaller. Too small to be useful for me. Yours looks much better.

Think I'll give a paperless press a go!!

We are re-working the larger cylinder mold and should have it available next month, it'll be well suited to 14g if I remember right.

If you dont mind losing yields, it's worth a shot! I wanna do another with less pressure and see if I can maintain that golden color and still have yields. Bagless too I suppose is next, I really wish I had some PTFE sheets right now though. Thinking that would make the rosin flow faster.

Hoping we can get the calculations for the actual puck PSI from Roger soon, just need the volume of the cylinder.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'll see how my funds are!! I've got a 2x3ish rectangle pre press which is ok. The little cylinder one is just too small for me. Would prefer the larger cylinder for driptech I have to admit.

The 40mm is a really good size, and if you can put one together DIY like @gunmetalshark it can tie you over perhaps? 3x5" plates can hold 2x of those side by side, so 20-21g at a shot. I'm still not positive if Roger's bringing back the 40mm mold or just moving towards the 45mm mold. 45mm wouldn't fit 2x under 3x5" but would hold 14g.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
I need a proper squeegie not a silicone spatula, there were a good 2-3 dabs worth left on the plates.

Roger @dabpress.com what do you think? Plate squeegie for paperless rosineers?

Hope is today to get some videos made. Also I'm in the process of getting the calculations so we can identify the PSI on the puck itself, not just the PSI measured on the pump's gauge (it's not the same PSI)

So far with my initial tests it seems to be similar to the hr10t35 cylinder as far as PSI readings go, but I think it's a little higher actually as I was getting some bleed through in my parchment moreso at the same PSI on the hr10t35v cylinder vs the hr10t35.

Thank you for everything you made.

Could you please tell me what kind of collection tools for paperless rosineers?

How about two 3.5g pucks was squeezed at a time?

Best reagrds,

Roger

@psychonaut

With what size bags do u plan to pair the 45mm round pucks,
hope they won't be some special sizing ?
If you ever get tired of ur used old 40mm SS pre-press, SELL it to me :D :D :D

Will have new material soon, can't wait for the next squishing action :D :D :D

45mm round pucks will be paired with 3" width filters.

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!
Got to do a test press today, my first one, with this new beautiful 10 ton. I got almost a gram from 6 grams of flower. That seems like a good return to me. I can’t remember the strain off the top of my head. I think I pressed a little too long and hard this time but I think next time I will be better and know what’s going on more. I have a few strains to try hopefully tomorrow or the next day if I have time. Was a blast, even got my wife helping folding the parchment!

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Some rosineers also don't like the idea of silicone at all, so the thought of using parchment paper is out of the question.

FWIW I don't fall into that camp. I actually enjoy the convenience of parchment paper, but if collection is not your thing, driptech w/o parchment will get you most of the way there minus loss of yields stuck on the plates. Collecting a big glob is a lot more time friendly than potential flying bits and super sap stuck on parchment!

I would say this is definitely not the method for those who have a tight budget or supply, or even those who are pressing small loads like 3.5g or less. IME it's still TBD the optimal load size but I'm starting to think >7g. Once I get my workflow down I'll have a better idea. Only 3 drip tech pressess in so far with a lil over 3/4 oz buds.

:tup: It seems like squeezing two cylinder pucks of less 3.5g is helpful to maximize the yield, the rosin is releasing quickly more than the large amont loading.
I have to give DabPress great credit. I have a USA made press and its very, very nice..hard to make one better...but I can't see anybody in the USA touching DabPress' offering of quality and features for an unbeatable price.

I do have DabPresses cylindrical pre-press and its a very well made product for a lot less than others were asking for similar.

I just had to acknowledge the reality of the situation! haha

Cheers all

Thank you all, my FC friends.

You all teach/educate me on what is the presses and accessories rosineers would like to buy.

And what you concern about products.

@psychonaut teach me a lot :clap::tup:

I am still working on improving and designing the good stuff for you.

Thank you for your order, and update the tracking info by email.

Have a nice day!

I did a lil squish for yall with 10g in 160u filter using 40mm pre-press mold, no parchment using drip tech on hr10t35v with the strongway pump. This was requested by @Abysmal Vapor

I hope it helps, I will probably try this again but I think there is a benefit to the parchemtn perhaps in temperatures the rosin is making contact with, so I am starting to wonder about lowering the temps further as there is no "air" or paper insulation between the heated plate and the rosin clung inbetween the plates.

On the other hand the rosin does mostly leave the plates which is why I think parchment is probably still the best solution yield wise. @Hackerman's method of cutting the paper close to the plates is a good idea but if you cut too close you'll have some rosin lipstick around the edges of the plates. After squishing, separate the rosin into two different grades, driptech grade and parchment grade. I have noticed with my driptech presses the rosin really seems to have more of that nose burn which I've always attributed to terpene content, or at least specific terpenes. Had some coughs too so folks if you're sensitive, just understand it may not be a benefit for you using drip tech.

Thank you:tup: to take the video in such cold weather. you answer all quetsions rosineers concerned.

:leaf::clap:

Thanks @Baron23 appreciate your feedback! As you may not know, our new drip tech units are not very profitable for us but it's important to bring the products to the customers, and Roger had made a promise on the price before release and stress testing. The linear bearings that we ended up using for the steel rods were more expensive than the original ones we used so the margin on both of these units dropped a lot.

I am not sure if going forward new innovations will be as cheap but they will still be attractive. Roger's goal has always been to save rosineers money, and right now there is a focus on quality as that's always a concern when buying China made equipment.

Thank you @psychonaut to tell turth.

About presses made in China or in other countries.

The most important is who listens to the rosineers carefully. I believe the best promotion is words by mouths. the base is quality,service, price and innovation.

...and an H-frame isn't really suited to drip tech! ;)

I am sorry to answer you so late.

5.5x7" heated plates to be heated up with 4 heating rods, two thermocouples.

1,200 watts in total, but i only produce 30 sets, it is very hard to anodize

It starts offering within 15 days.

Last edited:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
@psychonaut and @dabpress.com, I asked this before but unfortunately got no reply.

What size have the plates of the new caged commercial plates?

And what will be the measures of the whole setup?

I am sorry to answer you so late.

5.5x7" heated plates to be heated up with 4 heating rods, two thermocouples.

1,200 watts in total, but i only produce 30 sets, it is very hard to anodize

It starts offering within 15 days.

Finally, I am going to offer 40mm pre press mold, I will update the release day for you all.

Thank you!

Roger

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
dabpress.com said:
Finally, I am going to offer 40mm pre press mold, I will update the release day for you all.

Thank you!

Roger

tenor.gif

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Zow237 that is a nice personal press, Congratulations! :cool: I look forward to your pressing and review!

@ColoVaper heck yeah!! First attempt and you nailed it! :D Now time to tweak your method to your preference :leaf::leaf::leaf:

@dabpress.com Three cheers Roger! :cheers: Rosineers love the 40mm capacity for pressing. 2x 40mm filters with 10.5g each, 21g pressing each time on 3x5" plates. It's a great run using this mold for high capacity. 45mm still interests me a lot, I love the idea of 14g in a bottle tech filter.

Yes I think 2x 3.5-5g loads are probably better than 1x 7g-10g load, but it is more money spending for the rosineer to use 2 filters. Unless they cut the filter just perfect?

It is a lucky day @gunmetalshark ! :tup: Mi precious! :lol:

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
It would be extremely unlikely that the analytical lab is testing for silicone.

It's probably great paper for pressing rosin though.

I just want to be clear that I was absolutely wrong on this. I gave the local lab a call and asked them about testing rosin for the presence of silicone. The lab analyst I spoke with said that they DO NOT test for its presence. He also gave me a cautionary tale from the medical world about the take home injections. The short story is that the whole thing got shutdown because the injections were being contaminated by the silicone used in the syringes. He also said that based on our process using heat and pressure he would be more concerned about plasticizers and vulcanizers in the rosin over the silicates.

FWIF, this stuff is probably in our rosin according to the analyst.

Zow237

@Zow237 that is a nice personal press, Congratulations! :cool: I look forward to your pressing and review!

@ColoVaper heck yeah!! First attempt and you nailed it! :D Now time to tweak your method to your preference :leaf::leaf::leaf:

@dabpress.com Three cheers Roger! :cheers: Rosineers love the 40mm capacity for pressing. 2x 40mm filters with 10.5g each, 21g pressing each time on 3x5" plates. It's a great run using this mold for high capacity. 45mm still interests me a lot, I love the idea of 14g in a bottle tech filter.

Yes I think 2x 3.5-5g loads are probably better than 1x 7g-10g load, but it is more money spending for the rosineer to use 2 filters. Unless they cut the filter just perfect?

It is a lucky day @gunmetalshark ! :tup: Mi precious! :lol:

Cant wait :). Ill have to come south to you and we can do some squshing, while you show me the ropes :)

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Plasticizer? Vulcanizer? Where should they come from? Parchment paper? PTFE?

The conversation was specifically the Oil Slick paper with their medical grade silicone coating. I would imagine any silicone coated paper would have similar results? I'm so far outside of my pay-grade with this. :shrug: Just trying to be healthy where able and only seem to have more questions now.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Until someone shows me evidence of properly pressed rosin with any of these *izers or silicon in a test, I'll continue enjoying easy collection and better yields using parchment paper.

On the subject of parchment paper, I just got my first roll of the kirkland brand and look forward to using it. Will probably keep doubling up on it just in case, I tend to get some rips from time to time and have saved my plates from a mess.

Zow237

With the amount of plastic in bottled water and food being wrapped in plastic is much more of a concern than the rosin getting squished on parchment. That’s just me. If you are going to worry about the parchment then there better be tons of other things that involve plastic that we should be concerned about. Might be a risk but the exposure we get to plastic is insane so a lil parchment paper isn’t a worry to me. Unless they showed me some crazy number that is being consumed then I would be. Just my 2 cents

Top Bottom