• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dabpress Rosin Plates

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Dabpress is adapting to the market quickly!

I wish I had gotten that sweet amazon price but the 4x7 is worth every penny of $400. I don't see how anyone could be unhappy.

I use a laminate floor remnant as insulation between the press ram and the top of the dabpress. It is able to withstand the intense pressure without cracking or crushing. It keeps the ram nice and cool.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dabpress is adapting to the market quickly!

I wish I had gotten that sweet amazon price but the 4x7 is worth every penny of $400. I don't see how anyone could be unhappy.

I use a laminate floor remnant as insulation between the press ram and the top of the dabpress. It is able to withstand the intense pressure without cracking or crushing. It keeps the ram nice and cool.

I agree 100%, even at retail price these kits are a real bargain! I'm about as frugal as they come, I tend to want to spend the least amount for the best quality. Damn near impossible in any of the marketplaces but they got me on the price here.

Thanks for the tip on the laminate flooring piece you are using with the top ram, I will have a look around and see if I can find something suitable.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I agree 100%, even at retail price these kits are a real bargain! I'm about as frugal as they come, I tend to want to spend the least amount for the best quality. Damn near impossible in any of the marketplaces but they got me on the price here.

Thanks for the tip on the laminate flooring piece you are using with the top ram, I will have a look around and see if I can find something suitable.

Home Depot gives away free samples in the flooring dept. :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Right on, now to justify driving an hour to home depot. I live about an hour away from most everything!

Yo, hows that rosin, you vape through that hash rosin stash or still digging your way out? :D

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Speaking of something smaller.

How about 3x5" anodized rosin caged cube kit! Let me introduce you to DP-RP35s.

6zan7lx.jpg

This kit is geared towards the home user for personal use. The suggested press pairing is 6-10 tons, with better yields on the higher tonnage side (consider at least a 10-ton press if you are planning to use a pre-press mold to maximize capacity).

The maximum amount of flowers that you can run through these plates per squish is 30 grams if pre-pressing your material. Loosely packed flowers in rosin filters without pre-pressing will be closer to 10-12 grams.

There is FR4 insulation in-between the hot plates and cage frame to reduce the rate of heat absorbed by the press. The springs, bolts and nuts are the same hardware found on the commercial/industrial version DP-RP37. The same PID controller is used with this new kit as what comes with DP-RP37, however the heating rods are a shorter model to match the plates. The thermocouple sensor and wire is different on this model versus the DP-RP37, the change was made to a more durable design.

UQjSoFr.jpg

JYj62AG.jpg

The kit has a packaged weight of 14lbs. The kit came shipped to me in discreet packaging - a brown box labeled Model: # (this was left blank) and Made in China. This package took 5 business days to reach me in rural Colorado shipped via DHL Express from Shenzhen, China. The box was in excellent condition upon receipt. Customs description for the product was legit and unassuming "plate kits for heat press"

The PID controller fired up no problem and the controller reached the default temperature of 220F in approx 13 minutes. Testing with both an external thermocouple and digital IR thermometer, the plates are registering approx 10F lower than the controller.

Touching the top and bottom of the cage frame, there is a considerable amount of heat here, so I am not sure if the FR4 insulation is preventing much extra heat from reaching the press. Either way it is good to have insulation at the source to slow down the rate that the press steals the heat off the plates. There is of course a bamboo plank included with the kit to also insulate the bottom cage frame from the work plates on the shop press. The shop press itself is quite cool to the touch as long as the top ram is not extended down and pressing against the top plate of the cage. The bamboo does excellent to insulate the press from the heat of the plates.

hhyuz4U.jpg

30 of these units were made for the launch, priced at $299 + $55 DHL Express Worldwide shipping. These units are only available on dabpress's website currently, with the aim to have stock available in the US fulfilled by Amazon with Prime shipping by the end of April 2018.

You can save 5% off this kit at this time by using coupon code DPRP35S-5OFF during checkout.

Link to purchase DP-RP35S kit - https://bit.ly/2oTJmEA

Here is my video review -

Here is my squish using DP-RP35S kit -

I do hope that you enjoy and please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Great review bro!! Some real nice pictures you captured, these plates look like a total gem! Loved your detailed video review, everything looks quality. It's also really nice to have Roger @dabpress.com working with the community here, love to see brands that take the effort to get real customer feedback!!

Nice squish, too!! :cheers:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
We are moving into a new age of rosin, folks can afford these plates. I won't knock low temp plates, I do respect them and this is obviously a very similar product, but as a business owner myself, you can't just cater to the upper echelon of consumers who have endless cash to spend on kit. The 3x5" kit is priced at $299 which is considerably cheaper than low temp plates! $299 product vs $640.

No brainer here, perhaps there's a legitimate reason not to go with DP-RP35s but I fail to reach that conclusion.

SQUISH ON ROSIN PEEPS!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Great review bro!! Some real nice pictures you captured, these plates look like a total gem! Loved your detailed video review, everything looks quality. It's also really nice to have Roger @dabpress.com working with the community here, love to see brands that take the effort to get real customer feedback!!

Nice squish, too!! :cheers:

Thanks dude! Glad to see you over here! :cheers:

This old galaxy note 4 is still rockin on the camera end =) Seriously, this kit is very beautiful and high quality. I am over the moon to be a customer of two companies that work with my needs to produce clean vapor and and medicine, and both here on FC! :rockon: Pretty soon I'm going to be done shopping for shit, what the hell am I gonna do then? :rofl:

@dabpress.com any possibility you can produce a ecig tank that works with rosin? :wave:

MinnBobber

This buyer from Holland, This is really smart to use rosin filter bag. I do hope it helps
Very nice video!
It seems like his cutting the bag in half was an interesting move. Other videos where the bag has a "bottom", seem to require a tricky looking "folding into itself" bottom structure. With these open ended bag "tubes" , it sure looked easier--fold the bottoms (and tops) in "any old way".
Have any current rosineers tried both styles?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
what kind of return did you get?

It was three different strains, all low temps, one was a total flop. I think bag error in my part, the other two were 15 and 17% with temps ranging from 185-195F.

The trouble is I didn't test the yields without a bag, so sort of squishing in the dark.

Now the flavor, that's where it's at, all three taste very dank!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
After watching the dutchman's video up above, it makes me think about using my little pollen press to pack a small puck and then just squish it w/o a bag, maybe 1-2 grams? I need some way to get my squish fix, because this shit sucks looking at these plates and not just making my dabs on freaking demand :rockon:

Top Bottom