Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It will increase the danger but I am used to working around hazardous machinery. Still I need to be careful. I play guitar and would hate to lose a finger.

I see Dabpress has these now on Amazon Prime, for 3x7 plates. This may make it a little safer, can put everything inside the paper and put it inside the jig then put it between the plates, no need to have fingers anywhere inside the plates.

https://smile.amazon.com/Dabpress-M...id=1520995567&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=dp-rp37

61fgE3gSWBL._SL1200_.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Looks like it would work pretty good for your hash pressing @elmomuzz , I'll wait to hear your thoughts. For flowers packed up bottle tech style I have my doubt there will be any use.

zubresco

Love the Dabpress
This buyer from Holland, This is really smart to use rosin filter bag. I do hope it helps

Thnx Roger for mention me here !!!!!

yes thats me,

i was struggling with those Rosinbags to fold the bottom, and the top part was so easy to do and every time i trow away 1 1/12 inch of Rosinbag so i decided to cut them in half and fold the bottom and top, this is so much faster to do and also i could use one Rosinbag for two pucks of each 7 gram....... yeaah that was satisfying.

And the next step was how to make a prepress that would not stick, so i decided to buy some PTFE round staf and make my own, that worked great but also not fast enough so i made a divider to press two pucks at the same time, this works really great guys and hope you share it with many people.

thnx

Zubresco

zubresco

Love the Dabpress
Very nice video!
It seems like his cutting the bag in half was an interesting move. Other videos where the bag has a "bottom", seem to require a tricky looking "folding into itself" bottom structure. With these open ended bag "tubes" , it sure looked easier--fold the bottoms (and tops) in "any old way".
Have any current rosineers tried both styles?

Hi Minbobber,

i am the guy from Holland, yes it is so easy to do just put the puck in hold it with your thumb and pointing finger on the flat sides and straighten the rosinback around the puck, it looks easy and it is.

cheers,

@zubresco welcome bro! Lovely squish BTW. Please continue sharing your results on youtube and here on FC!

thnx Bro

yes i will, and will try to come with new innovations !!!!!

Usually as 20-ton hydraulic shop press, it just delivers 10-12 ton pressure easily by hand. It will be harder to achieve 15 tons. Of course, it depends hydraulic's quality. I test it with cheap one.

i am pressing 2 pucks of 7 gram with a 10 Ton enerpack cilinder and two stage pump and my max pressure for that is 2400 PSI on the gauge, so i use a quarter of my max pressure that my cilinder can provide.

the problem with pre pucking so hard is the end product color will be darker. Just try bottle tech, you can still do 2 x 7 grams, and you are still going to smash it. But it should be only once, slowely and when the medicine is already melting. Not at 220 because it's pucked too hard.. I cringe watching that dutch video. It needs to flow out easy, let the rosin flow!

Hi MC,

what do you mean by that it needs to flow out easy ? (the video is cut down) so it took longer.
i tried different temperatures from 180 to 230 F and with this strain not frosty and high CBD 220 F was my hotspot, best yield and still preserved my terpenes.
i am still waiting for a good hygrometer to measure the humidity. but i think i was close to 62%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@zubresco Welcome to the forum dude :) ! Back to back posting is kind of against the rules ,you can use the edit button (next to report )at the bottom left of the post and add more if needed :). Nice video btw, keep it up !

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Yes and it is also easy to add in quotes from different posts into a reply, you can scroll back up and add in a new quote for more replies in the same post :tup:

zubresco

Love the Dabpress
ABS plastic is used on the mini Rosin Tech pre-press (about $30). And ABS slides well against itself and should
last forever.
Milled aluminum (anodized black) is used on the small and large -- $200 and $300 :(

I'd vote for ABS plastic as you just hand press it. Unit doesn't need to be metal and be that expensive!!

Note that Rosin tech pre-press mini has no bottom--press directly onto parchment. The other two are fully enclosed/ top and bottom.

MinnBobber

i made my owne as you could see from Teflon PTFE and it works great just find someone with a lathe and buy some cheap ptfe leftovers real low cost.

Yes and it is also easy to add in quotes from different posts into a reply, you can scroll back up and add in a new quote for more replies in the same post :tup:
dont know what i am doing wrong i just hit the reply button to reply on a post is that the wrong way then ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom