Da Buddha

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
daddygreenjeans,

toxicc

E11001420
I first removed a volume knob on my electric guitar to see if it fits and it was the exact same hole size as the one that came with the DBV so it fits perfectly. Then i ordered this black guitar knob on ebay (this model is called a "speed knob"), and when i got it it was not exactly the same, this one has a large hole at the outside that goes smaller inside so it fits any size of knob module(?). It needed a little bit of pushing it in there to stay there firmly but it never gone loose or anything after almost a year, and it's working perfectly. There is not set screw. I got it for around 3,50$ or 4$ including shipping from asia. It's a little larger than the knob that you get with the DBV so it has more precision when turning a little bit.

Lot of colors and choice, have fun shopping http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=speed knob&_sacat=See-All-Categories

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-da-buddha-thread.16747/']
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
toxicc,

nobodys_girl

Lovin' the custom knobs people! I'm inspired, but unsure on how knob replacement would work. I'd be afraid of breaking something seeing as I don't know what I'm doing. However I want to look into this DIY option!

Ironically, not too long after getting and loving the DBV, I am going to have to quit my herb of choice for the next several months at least, maybe longer. I'm cool with that at this point in my life, but wishing now that I'd discovered DBV years ago. I will still recommend it and plan to educate myself into some other herbal uses that this vaporizer can be put to. DBV is here to stay.

nobodys_girl,

toxicc

E11001420
nobodys_girl, gently push out the knob from your DBV and you will see that it is very easy to change for another. You don't risk breaking anything doing it and you can put back the older knob as you want. It's easy to do and takes only a few seconds. It might change where the pointer is tho unless you put it back exactly as it was.

toxicc,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
What Toxic meant is gently pull the knob. Just turn the unit off, mark with a pencil or something where the dial is set, and pull the knob straight off. Piece of cake

daddygreenjeans,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
No worries man I wasn't pickin on ya :) Just wanted to make sure he knew how simple it was to mod this MOST EXCELLENT vape! :D:D:D

daddygreenjeans,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
By the way,

I just vaped a bowl of medicine with some hash sprinkled on top :brow:

Wooooaaa wwwooo WWWeeee WWaaaahhhh :brow::brow::brow::brow:

daddygreenjeans,

steiner666

Serial vapist
lol i've been thinking about putting skull guitar knobs on my dbv/ssv for a few months now, just mentioned it in a diff post today actually. cool to see someone else do it for me first lol.

steiner666,

freeman dyson

anyone ever bought one of the ice chambers or water fillers? or know a place to get them cheaper than what 7th floor is selling them?

freeman dyson,

vaked204

whats up with the new wands? They don't have the hourglass quick screen change feature. The new wands don't hold the screen well and let plant material through to choke on. I complained and they sent me a new one, same problem, complained again, sent me a new one, same problem... Now I got 3 wands that don't really work like the website claims them too. Quote from the website "Da Buddha standard wand. Great price for the quality and function of the quick change screen. Da Buddha wands all have the hour glass design to stop the screen and making the screen change easy!" here is a picture of the old style to the new style, oh and all the new wands they sent me don't have the DBV stamp.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4791/p2210411.jpg

New style wand on the left that dosn't work as they claim, and the old style on the right that I wish I still had.

Still trying to resolve this issue with DBV. see what happens...

vaked204,

smoking Joe

vaked204 said:
whats up with the new wands? They don't have the hourglass quick screen change feature. The new wands don't hold the screen well and let plant material through to choke on. I complained and they sent me a new one, same problem, complained again, sent me a new one, same problem... Now I got 3 wands that don't really work like the website claims them too. Quote from the website "Da Buddha standard wand. Great price for the quality and function of the quick change screen. Da Buddha wands all have the hour glass design to stop the screen and making the screen change easy!" here is a picture of the old style to the new style, oh and all the new wands they sent me don't have the DBV stamp.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4791/p2210411.jpg

New style wand on the left that dosn't work as they claim, and the old style on the right that I wish I still had.

Still trying to resolve this issue with DBV. see what happens...
I have a gg wand which is a year old and doesn't have the hour glass design either. I use a ice chiller what ever gets pass the screen ends up in the water.

smoking Joe,

vaked204

OK here is what 7th floor had to say about the new style wands...

"So I just asked my manager about this, and the hourglass design they are talking about is just the hourglass part that keeps the screen from falling through. It is "quick change" because other vaporizers that have a similar design actually require you to take the wand apart and/or have a screen in the heater cover"

To me that doesn't make any sense, it completely contradicts what they said on the website. The website states that the quick change wands hold the screen.

I basically told them it sounds like someone made a bunch of defunct wands and is covering their butt.

However, 7th floor can get their glass blower to make you one of the old style wands on special request...

Problem solved more-less??? So a heads up, if your ordering a replacement wand, make sure to specifically ask for one to be made up, or you'll be huffing back ABV dust with the new style of wand which according to 7th floor has nothing wrong with it.

Might be time to switch desktop vape's

Last edited by a moderator:
vaked204,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
My Buddha is a month old. I have 2 of the new style wands and have no real issues with them. Every now and then the screen pops loose but I just push it back down, no biggie.

daddygreenjeans,

vaked204

well toxicc im not sure if you looked at the pics but you can see where the one broken wand has an advantage over the other new style wand by almost locking the screen into place, no need to bend the screen all delicately so it perfectly fits into the wand, fu*k the tube vid you posted was like 5 min to change 3 screens... thats quick??? I don't think so. my old broken wand was quick, just jam the screen in and pop it into the groove, locked, loaded and vaked with no little gaps around the glass for ABV dust to get by and make me gag. and trust me bro i know how to put a screen in a wand. Iv had this vape for over a year. Got the neon tiger stripe bag.

I don't care, I am getting an old style one made up, you all can stick to your fiddling with the screens, don't listen to the veteran.

Also, anyone else have some problems with the power cord insulation or rubber shell ripping where it enters the DBV. They used some sort of epoxy inside that doesn't allow for any play in the power cord. After lots of use mine started to fray, the 3 wires inside are still insulated individually but the black rubber started to tear... I wrapped some electrical tape around the tear and then got a small zip tie and secured it a little on the outside. This would be a tough repair as all the epoxy inside would have to be gutted, 7th floor can do this if mine gets any worse. ... I am pretty sure this is from wrapping the cord around the base for storage. A heads up for you DBV owners.

Got before and after pics of this too.

Im not trying to bash the DBV, I like it, I like it better than my LB or my buddies volcano, or the SSV. I am going to stick to the DBV its I am just giving everyone a heads up on what to watch out for or improvements for 7th floor.

I didn't like my shoddy Chinese plastic base so I gave mine a custom mahogany one. Takes on a more rustic natural feel. I just used the old base holes for a template and got some longer screws at Ukrainian Tire along with some anti slide stickies. Looks good.

vaked204,

toxicc

E11001420
Yeah i've been thinking about modding the base too. It would be nice if 7th floor would sell round metal bases for the DBV.

toxicc,

Pappy

shmaporist
I been smoking ganja just about every day for the past 46 years. Hence the handle Pappy.
http://www.ganjz.com/reviews/reviews.html

I'm late to the vaping game and have been lurking around here to see what I can pick up from all you young whippersnappers.:peace: Truth be told I'm surprised I have any lungs left after smoking so much reefer. :o My first choice was the Purple Days but it isn't available now so I went with DBV, my second choice. I received Da Buddha 4 days ago and put your advice to practice. So far, so good!

So, here are my initial impressions and a few questions.
I liked the baked feeling. Very clean high. (I use only top shelf matter)
Feels cleaner and healthier than combusting.

The vaping ritual takes some getting used to.
You have to hold the whip and wand in your hands between vapes. I stand through the whole ritual. Do you?
You have to schedule vaping sessions as opposed to just picking up an joint and then putting it down.
I'm get 4 to 5 good vapes on a 1/3 inch fill. The first generally best and cleanest.
My DBV sweet spot starts at 1 o'clock and extends to around 2:15

Questions:
Can you leave the wand connected in between vapes without consuming material or do you remove it as I do?
Do you leave DBV on all day? I've been turning it off and on.

Thanks...

Happy vaping,
Pappy

Pappy,
Welcome to the forum Pappy, and as they say, "better late than never"! Yep, these 7th floor vaporizers are quality tools. If you want a PD you should look into the Pandora, very easy to build, and if you need help, there's a quite a few of us who have built one already, and can answer your questions if Tom doesn't get to ya first.
I usually stand through out the session because of back problems, but I find that my friends will stand right along with me when I have them over to use my SSV. I think it's all preference. With a PD or other "log-style" (what I calls 'em) vape you really don't have to plan it out at all. It's always on, and it would compliment your DBV perfectly. As long as you are ready it is.
I don't know what you mean by 5 vapes per bowl? Is that 5 inhales of vapor. If so, I'm sure you could get more out of it, with proper grinding. Maybe I'm just confused here. As to your DBV specific questions, I'm sure someone will come along soon to answer those. I am pretty sure you can leave it on all day though. It is also an aromatherapy unit as well, right? At least that's what I figure. Again, welcome to the site. A whole lot to learn here. Great people as well. Welcome aboard the vapor wagon.

SkeletonLips,

isis

Hey everyone-- unfortunately, I have a sad story to tell.

I ordered my Da Buddha on 4/7 and it arrived 4/11. I love it, it's wonderful. Before I got it, I smoked spliffs, bowls, bongs and cigarettes and now I don't want to combust anything at all. Da Buddha is my first vape. My brother has one, works great, and using his sold me on getting one of my own.

So tonight I'm at a friend's place, chilling and vaping in the kitchen, when I notice that the herb is getting brown really fast, too fast for its 1:00 position, which is on the light side for my dbv. I then notice that the heating element looks way too orange for that position as well. It's bright orange as if I had the knob on full blast. And the aluminum cylinder is much hotter than normal. I turn it down to about 8:00 and it doesn't get any cooler. I have used this vape extensively in the short time I have had it. I knew this was not normal or good. So I turn off the vape, let it cool, unplug it and we move to another room. I plug it in again and turn it on full blast. The heating element does not turn orange. It does not get hot or even warm. Then I notice the light near the base in the back didn't turn on. The fuckin thing's busted.

Now as this is my first and only vape, and I have just discovered the true joy and wonder of vaporizing, you can imagine my distress at this development. I immediately sent an email to 7th floor explaining what happened and getting a go-ahead to send it back to CO. At my own expense, of course.

I would like to make clear that I still love the DBV and I think it is the best purchase I ever made. It's under warranty of course, so I expect them to just fix it or send me a new one. I just hope I don't have to wait too long. I know 7th floor can be slow about these things from reading this thread.

My medicine is extremely important to me and I don't want to burn it anymore. We smoked a bowl after the whole thing happened and it was gross. I coughed and coughed. My body wasn't happy. Soooo I decided to go ahead and get a portable vaporizer overnighted to me--either the Vapor Genie or the Launch Box (but probably the VG; just shelled out the cash for the DBV and a new grinder). Since I have been wanting a portable vape since I got DBV, I might as well just do it now. And I want to own both of those portables eventually.

Sorry for the long post, but I am very bummed. If anyone cares to hear what comes of this, I will keep you posted.

And now, mourning.

isis,

Beezleb

I look forward to hearing how your issue turns out. I have confidence 7th floor will fix it as per their warranty. I have seen one time where a DBV was sent in and they fixed it without issue. Just a bummer to have to go through.

At least you dont have to take it out back and play taps.

Beezleb,

isis

Thanks, Beezleb; I don't know how I survived without my da buddha, so yeah this sucks. I was wondering though, does anyone know if it's kosher to mail a DBV that has been used for mj? I was only planning to send the DBV naked, no heater cover, no whip, nothing. I'm hoping there will be no problems in transit.

I decided on the MFLB for the portable. I remembered that I have 75 bucks in amazon gift cards from the holidays, and vapeworld sells launch boxes on amazon.com. So the MFLB plus 8 extra batteries and fast shipping is putting me out only $50. Sweet deal! Still want the Genie for camping though.

isis,
Top Bottom