Da Buddha

darth_vapor

So, I'm thinking about ordering a DBV at some point. If I have a bong and get the downstem attachment, I have no need to get a $100 ice chamber, right? That's pretty much all it is, a slide-less bong, correct? Seems like the best vape for the money (diggin' my launch box a lot, but this seems like a great home vape)... Thanks.

darth_vapor,

vaporizerkits

Tom
Retailer
darth_vapor said:
So, I'm thinking about ordering a DBV at some point. If I have a bong and get the downstem attachment, I have no need to get a $100 ice chamber, right? That's pretty much all it is, a slide-less bong, correct? Seems like the best vape for the money (diggin' my launch box a lot, but this seems like a great home vape)... Thanks.
You'll love it ;)

vaporizerkits,

steiner666

Serial vapist
darth_vapor said:
Yeah, that's all they are. The new ice catcher models just have a hole that you slide the end of the hose into. If your bong has a ground glass connection on the top of your slide (if your slide is separate from the bowl) you can just get one of those elbow adapters (18.8mm or 14.somethingmm depending on your bongs hole size) and use the slide that came with your bong, so yo know its the right length. Thats what I did. I had to go on the official SSV site to find the adapters tho. There are some that are actual slides though, but you need to know the length so that you can make sure it gets under the waterline the right amount.

the bong i had from b4 i got my DBV didnt have a ground glass connection that would work with it so i sold it and found a nice black leaf bong on everyonedoesit.com (i think its .com). I had originally ordered it on grasscity, but they took a full week just to inform me that it was out of stock, so I wouldn't recommend them. the one i got its 24" tall and pretty wide, so its a bit of a challenge to fill, but once you do, and especially when you clear it, it hits reeeeally nice. I think i'm going to get one of those 12-15" EHL ones tho, for ease of use.

GreenWizard said:
I just got mine too :o
I am vaping right now and my head is bout to expldoe :ko:
lol i got a couple huuuuge vape rips through my bong last night. I filled the chamber up real thick and continued to hit it for 5-10 seconds before i pulled the adapter and cleared it. You know you got a good hit when you barely exhale and a huge wisp of vapor comes out. After the second monster hit like that I walked across the room, sat down, had a sip of tea, and let the hit out slowly, inhaling some of it back in (i did this about 4-5 times) as i did, and i was exhaling for like a full minute straight lol like i spoke about half a dozen sentences while exhaling my hit. my g/f was like "holy fuck ryan, you think you got a big enough hit?" lol. Afterward, i felt like i was floating lol best hits i've ever taken in my life.

steiner666,

theeleventhhour

This morning I noticed that if I don't remove the wand from the heater and clear it at the end of each hit, the wand and whip fill with a puff of vapor that could end up being wasteful. So it looks like I was wrong about that. If I clear the whip after the hit and replace it, though, it doesn't have any vapor buildup while just sitting in there being warm.

theeleventhhour,

whosgottheherb

Does anyone know if it is possible to place a ssv heater cover on a DBV? I'm fairly sure it will but need to be 100%...

edit: looking at the ssv cover, it looks like it may be taller than the dbv... anyone know if this is true?

whosgottheherb,

darth_vapor

My 12" bong has a 14mm hole, I'm just going to get the regular non-90 degree angle adaptor they sell at vapeworld (only online reseller with free shipping, FC discount and the water pipe adaptor) and some extra tubing for the water pipe and for an AeroChamber whip... Can't wait!

The glass-on-glass part of the hole is kind of broken- I guess the collar type part, but I think it's intact enough to still work. If not, I'm sure I can come up with a workable solution, especially since this bong can be a dedicated vaporizing bong for all I care...

darth_vapor,

darth_vapor

Can you use the Da Buddha like a non-hands free vape? Like, removing the wand after each hit to conserve?

darth_vapor,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
darth_vapor said:
My 12" bong has a 14mm hole, I'm just going to get the regular non-90 degree angle adaptor they sell at vapeworld (only online reseller with free shipping, FC discount and the water pipe adaptor) and some extra tubing for the water pipe and for an AeroChamber whip... Can't wait!

The glass-on-glass part of the hole is kind of broken- I guess the collar type part, but I think it's intact enough to still work. If not, I'm sure I can come up with a workable solution, especially since this bong can be a dedicated vaporizing bong for all I care...
You really don't even need the adapter the standard hose that works on the ssv dbv will fit just fine in a 14.4 mm gong joint. I have the adapters for my glass but sometimes if I don't feel like getting my whip that has the adapter on it I just go straight in
later,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
pyronym,

steiner666

Serial vapist
darth_vapor said:
Can you use the Da Buddha like a non-hands free vape? Like, removing the wand after each hit to conserve?
sure. i remove the bowl every 2 hits usually, maybe every hit once i get towards the end. If anything this will just wear down the ground glass connection a bit faster maybe, but it wouldn't really matter if it doesnt hold as tight if you're not looking to really use it hands-free.

so, short answer would be "yes". but the SSV may be a better choice for you if you plan on fidgeting with the bowl constantly. I've actually considered getting one myself.

steiner666,

darth_vapor

Well, it might be a pain to use the SSV with the water pipe unless i grow more arms or spring for the extra hands free unit for that-on top of the extra cost for fancier glass and angle (the angle could be easily replicated by the DBV if you made a simple, yet sturdy stand for it that would put the entire at an angle to get the heater cover pointing downwards)... I'll probably just get the DBV, seems great. I gotta wait until Thursday to find out if I'm going to have random tests or not, if so I probably won't be purchasing for about a year...

darth_vapor,

AgentGraves007

Comments/observations about screen and things that affect the temp. you are vaping at:

Screens - good insight that as they get more clogged, your vape will work hotter. I noticed that i've had to turn down my temp to tad before 12 after using the screen for about 2 weeks...clogging is probably why! People have been saying blow after every bowl to clean it, but others said you can put it in some iso and it will give you wand hash -- which seems way smarter than cleaning it every time, if there is some stuff to be collected. it makes sense that it would be good to collect it, b/c it's the same exact stuff that should accumulate in the wand right?

What affects the temp of your vape, given that you are at X position on the dial: from my reading on this thread there are MANY MANY reasons; i'll try to summarize them all here. This just shows new people again, why it can take time to find what works best for you:

1) Obviously the temp knob, but let's hold that constant;
2) how dry the herb is...what can affect this? the type of herb, but also how well it's grinded, and also, if the grinded up herb sat in the grinder for a day, it may dry out a little more than if you freshly grind a new bud and then immediately pack it, right?
3) how close to the top of the glass heating cover the heating element is. supposedly, the higher it is, the hotter your DBV will run.
4) the inhalation technique. slower draws = more heat.
5) possibly the presence/absence of an aroma top -- it seems plausible that the aroma top could make it hotter b/c the heat doesn't escape as easily out the top anymore?
6) Are there any more?

One other thing about "working the wand" of the DBV. I had found that i got much bigger hits if I slowly pull the wand in and out while I draw. I start with it all the way in but don't "lock" it. then i pull out slowly, so that the end of the wand is still somewhat inside the heating cover. However, this dude who tried my DBV for the first time (maybe his first time ever vaping, not sure) seemed to do the same thing by stopping and the starting his draw several times. What they have in common (I think?) is that they fluctuate the temp.

ONE MORE thing: people are concerned that their herb may either fall out or tip over and not stay up against the screen. I got an idea to fix this from the manual (i know i said it seemed cheap, but it does have a lot of good info) -- they say you can "vacuum" up your herb to pack it; well i start my draw before i insert it, and then draw continuously. That way, the draw should (if the bowl is packed nice and light) "suck" the herb up against the screen the whole time, and then i pull it out after the hit. The stuff doesn't fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
AgentGraves007,

JohnnyL

I just got my order from 7th floor today and couldn't wait to use my new IC down stem. 7 th floor did a killer job on the length of the down stem and the color matches my zinger bong. I picked up another standard wand set up so I could just use it for the IC, makes it alot easier than disconnecting your mouthpiece. The first pack was a little learning curve but my next pack had my eyes rolling. It's like the biggest/harshest bong hit you would normally smoke but it's not harsh. Lung expanding but a real smooth taste. I would use this method all the time but my folks know what a bong sounds like so I'm limited on use. To anyone with a DBV or anyother model of vap that supports a IC set up try it you will not regret it.

JohnnyL,

darth_vapor

pyronym said:
darth_vapor said:

You really don't even need the adapter the standard hose that works on the ssv dbv will fit just fine in a 14.4 mm gong joint. I have the adapters for my glass but sometimes if I don't feel like getting my whip that has the adapter on it I just go straight in
later,
Tom
Good to know!!! I guess I could save $15 and simplify the whole process... don't need a downstem or adaptor at all, huh? Cool!

Edit: I think since the glass "collar" type thing that goes around the stem is only partially intact (read: most is broken off- that's why a friend gifted it to me), I will skip the ground glass adapter that most likely requires this piece to fit and just go hose-only... It's probably gotta work pretty well, as pyronym suggested...

darth_vapor,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
steiner666 I had big hits the first days but my ganja is kinda of mid-low quallity so i smoke/vape a bit more (plus i havent missed a day for the last 4 months:) I keep my cannabis vacumed in bags so it stays fresh but now when i grinded new quantity for my weed box i noticed that even with half full chamber hits are very little when the weed hasn`t fully dried ... have you noticed that?

GreenWizard,

iwmtv

So after spending some time on FC, I ordered Da Buddah. I finally got my Da Buddha, still experimenting with it.

Problem is, after three bowls, the wand is stuck, I cannot for the life of me remove the damn thing.

Does anyone have suggestions on what i can do to ease the wand out?

Update:

Finally got it free after letting some vegetable oil seep through the wand/heat cover connection.

Question, should the heating element be touching the top of the glass heating cover?

iwmtv,

AgentGraves007

iwmtv said:
Finally got it free after letting some vegetable oil seep through the wand/heat cover connection.

Question, should the heating element be touching the top of the glass heating cover?
Mine gets stuck once in a while too. Usually i just try to turn it kinda hard, yet very very little, in terms of distance -- just kind of nudge it slightly. i've also tried turning it off, that didn't work. possibly turning UP the heat could loosen it, not sure.

I don't think it's good for the heating element to touch the glass cover. The top end of the element on my DBV comes very close to the top of the heating cover, but does not touch it. since the height of the elements seems to vary across DBVs, you can probably adjust it pretty easily. but i would first try gently lifting the heating a cover a tad to see if you can get it to clear the element, yet still stay firmly in place.

AgentGraves007,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
Turning up the heat will get it stuck even more in my opinion.
There is photots in the posts before how it should look.
My heater is not very straight too , it is very slightly bended closer to the filling element ...
but it do not touch anything... it has probably happend during the shipping... please post a photo so we can see exatcly for what are u talking about.. The vape is ok for me . I just need a stronger ganja and ice chamber :)

tip: to get it out let it cool a bit then twist and use little power, when you put it back on you can use little spit or water arround the tubing to ease it in...i donk think using oils every time is a good idea...:brow:
tip2: take a little brake before every filling the buddha can stay on .

GreenWizard,

smoking Joe

iwmtv said:
So after spending some time on FC, I ordered Da Buddah. I finally got my Da Buddha, still experimenting with it.

Problem is, after three bowls, the wand is stuck, I cannot for the life of me remove the damn thing.

Update:

The heating element is ok to touch the heating cover, I had the same question and called the 7th floor and said it would be just fine and don't worrry about it. That was last year and no problems.

smoking Joe,

Beezleb

iwmtv said:

Update:

The wands are handmade. I would contact 7th floor and explain your issue and see if you can replace it.

Beezleb,

steiner666

Serial vapist
GreenWizard said:
steiner666 I had big hits the first days but my ganja is kinda of mid-low quallity so i smoke/vape a bit more (plus i havent missed a day for the last 4 months:) I keep my cannabis vacumed in bags so it stays fresh but now when i grinded new quantity for my weed box i noticed that even with half full chamber hits are very little when the weed hasn`t fully dried ... have you noticed that?
Back when i smoked, i used to be the same way w/ keeping my bags sealed tight, trying to preserve freshness and all that. But recently, I've been grinding up all of my bags when i get them, through a 4 piece grinder. Then I dump it back in the bag and loosely roll the bag up and set it on top of the warm spot of my stereo. I take pinches out of the bag as i need and vape and can usually get half a dozen good hits out of a small bowl (not even going to guess as to the weight). Sometimes I'll dump the bowl into my smaller 2 piece grinder when the hits get thin and grind it up as fine as i can and that gives me a few more solid hits.

I have 2 bags for my ABV. The first bag is where stuff goes when it's been grinded/vaped once, with either of my vapes. This bag has some bigger chunks and some lighter tan/green coloring. Sometimes, often late at night when i'm about to go to bed (or for some reason if i have an upset stomach it works well for it), I will take some of the ABV from the bag and grind it and vape it (usually w/ bong attached) again. The herb that has been re-grinded and re-vaped goes in the other ABV bag, the contents of which are all finely grinded and pretty evenly browned.

steiner666,

goonsquad

For anyone who has this and an Extreme, do you find this thing eats through more bud than the E? Is that why it gives better whip hits?

goonsquad,

greenganja

goonsquad said:
For anyone who has this and an Extreme, do you find this thing eats through more bud than the E? Is that why it gives better whip hits?
Goonsquad, I have an Extreme V3 and also have the DBV. I find that I actually use a little more herb in my Extreme than I do in my Buddha. Also, after comparing the sizes of the bowls on both of these vaporizers, it seems that you can put more herbs into the V3 bowl than you can for the standard sized Buddha wand that comes with the Buddha. I only fill my Buddha wand half way every time just to keep any from accidentally spilling inside the heater cover. It probably just depends on who's packing the bowl I guess. :lol:

greenganja,

max

Out to lunch
It's not the vape that "eats through more bud", it's the user. The vape just encourages you, in one direction or the other. You just have to let it know who's in charge. :goon:

max,
Top Bottom