Da Buddha

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I see the package is missing an important item, the whip water pipe adapter. You can hook up direct to your bongs and do nice cool bong rips:
https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/water-pipe-adapter/

Those are theirs but you can get them anywhere.
This is true.

However I'm willing to wait a bit for this one, and as you said since I can get this from a few different places so I'll likely end up getting something from a Canadian retailer.

I'm in a phase where I've been enjoying the Couchlog through a dimpled hook. I find the hits so cool and nice that I haven't felt the need for water in a while. I've even started using my water piece dry. I do miss some humidity but the stronger, undiluted vapor is so tasty that it's winning the day for now.

Really hoping the baller DBV can deliver those same, smooth cool hits but with a big heat reservoir for multiple b2b hits and/or sharing.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

This is true.

However I'm willing to wait a bit for this one, and as you said since I can get this from a few different places so I'll likely end up getting something from a Canadian retailer.

I'm in a phase where I've been enjoying the Couchlog through a dimpled hook. I find the hits so cool and nice that I haven't felt the need for water in a while. I've even started using my water piece dry. I do miss some humidity but the stronger, undiluted vapor is so tasty that it's winning the day for now.

Really hoping the baller DBV can deliver those same, smooth cool hits but with a big heat reservoir for multiple b2b hits and/or sharing.
With the hose the hits are pretty cool, it's the concentration that gets you. ; )

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
With the hose the hits are pretty cool, it's the concentration that gets you. ; )
Yeah that's sort of what I'm hoping for!

I've been choked out by the Couchlog because of too much vapor production but I can usually just cut the hit short and break it into smaller hits and it's generally manageable. The DBV is bigger in all aspects and so is the bowl so I'm hoping for some big clouds.

You're probably right that I may need water just to deal with the sheer density of the vapor. Is this because of the potential bowl size (looks like it's fairly huge if you want it to be) or just because the heater is so efficient? It's a problem I'd love to have 😁

What's the biggest bowl you've ever loaded and is it good for sharing? Seems like it should be since it's completely on-demand convection.

Can I pick your brain for your favorite accessories? (better whip, hose, mouthpiece, other mods?)

TigoleBitties,
  • Love

coolbreeze

Yeah that's sort of what I'm hoping for!

I've been choked out by the Couchlog because of too much vapor production but I can usually just cut the hit short and break it into smaller hits and it's generally manageable. The DBV is bigger in all aspects and so is the bowl so I'm hoping for some big clouds.
Big clouds and cool enough to not expect the volume.
You're probably right that I may need water just to deal with the sheer density of the vapor. Is this because of the potential bowl size (looks like it's fairly huge if you want it to be) or just because the heater is so efficient? It's a problem I'd love to have 😁
It's a little of both, resulting in taking a big rip through a recycler without realizing how big the hit was! The bowl itself I've never measured, I'm sure someone has, but size tends to be limited for me by how many times you might need to stir, since stirring can break down the herbs and limit the airflow, like with a brick, etc. But if I want a bigger bowl, I just grind courser. I use a basket screen in the end of the bowl to reduce heat, bowl size, stirring, etc, unless I feel like going large. But if you're in a decent roasting range, the hits are pretty cool. And the flavor's surprisingly good for all that airpath.
What's the biggest bowl you've ever loaded and is it good for sharing? Seems like it should be since it's completely on-demand convection.

Can I pick your brain for your favorite accessories? (better whip, hose, mouthpiece, other mods?)
Sure thing, PM me!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Got my baller DBV early (yesterday). I've vaped exactly 2 bowls with it. Here's my initial report after inhaling a bit too greedily. Could be a while before the next one.

driving paul rudd GIF by Laff

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I hope this means you're enjoying it! ; )
Very impressed so far. That last bowl hit me like a Mack truck. Still feeling the effects.

I started with the dial at 12:30 for the first bowl and adjusted it down to 11:30 for the second. The second bowl was a large 0.2g-ish bowl that I shared with a friend. I'm not ready for another go yet but have moved it a notch towards 11 on the dial now. All the ABV has been completely vaped and uniform with almost no stirring so I'm interested to see just how cool I can get the hits. They're already quite cool with no water or extra glass cooling.

The flavor has increased as I've decreased the dial so it's a win-win for me to find the lowest heat setting for the tastiest hits. What I'm loving is the sheer size of the heat reservoir. Multiple pulls on it or sharing it doesn't seem to alter the way it hits.

coolbreeze

Very impressed so far. That last bowl hit me like a Mack truck. Still feeling the effects.
: )
I started with the dial at 12:30 for the first bowl and adjusted it down to 11:30 for the second. The second bowl was a large 0.2g-ish bowl that I shared with a friend. I'm not ready for another go yet but have moved it a notch towards 11 on the dial now. All the ABV has been completely vaped and uniform with almost no stirring so I'm interested to see just how cool I can get the hits. They're already quite cool with no water or extra glass cooling.
Sounds like you've had no issues. It's nice to have one you can just share without having to train anyone.
The flavor has increased as I've decreased the dial so it's a win-win for me to find the lowest heat setting for the tastiest hits. What I'm loving is the sheer size of the heat reservoir. Multiple pulls on it or sharing it doesn't seem to alter the way it hits.
The flavor's surprising for the length of the path. It's pretty transparent with a shorter glass path of some sort and it really is better with the huge reservoir and lower temps. I've always considered it a great vape but after all these years they've managed to take it up a notch or two. ; )

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
: )

Sounds like you've had no issues. It's nice to have one you can just share without having to train anyone.
It really is dead simple and I love that. I can't see any blemishes for a "cosmetic second" and the baller cover was pre-installed. I just had to pour in the beads to my liking and turn it on. I put it around noon on the dial and got a decent roast on the first go.
The flavor's surprising for the length of the path. It's pretty transparent with a shorter glass path of some sort and it really is better with the huge reservoir and lower temps. I've always considered it a great vape but after all these years they've managed to take it up a notch or two. ; )
I just now tried it at a lower temp and I'm getting the best flavor yet. Surprisingly good given the length it travels, exactly as you put it. I think when I try an all-glass setup it'll be even better so agree with you here as well.

I'll mark this one on the dial methinks. This machine really shines as a low-temp, terp slurping powerhouse. It'll crush a bowl if you want to like any baller, but I think low temp tasting is its forte.

coolbreeze

It really is dead simple and I love that. I can't see any blemishes for a "cosmetic second" and the baller cover was pre-installed. I just had to pour in the beads to my liking and turn it on. I put it around noon on the dial and got a decent roast on the first go.

I just now tried it at a lower temp and I'm getting the best flavor yet. Surprisingly good given the length it travels, exactly as you put it. I think when I try an all-glass setup it'll be even better so agree with you here as well.

I'll mark this one on the dial methinks. This machine really shines as a low-temp, terp slurping powerhouse. It'll crush a bowl if you want to like any baller, but I think low temp tasting is its forte.
What color did you get? Were the only choices black and silver?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ha! Exactly.
I can't imagine owning one of these a decade ago and then discovering that a small, simple upgrade totally supercharges it and makes it relevant in 2024. What a win.

coolbreeze

While we're celebrating the Baller Da Buddha, I'd like to share an upgrade of my own, a custom glass set for the DBV from elev8 Glass:
IMG-1958.jpg

Da Buddha's my first and much-loved vape so I was pretty excited by news of the upgrade and began to dream of pimp caps. @Airborne420 helped me figure out what kinds of things were possible, and then we worked with glass artist Jeff "Simply Jeff" Engle who had great ideas and, well, mad skills. The pimp cap led to a knob, and then I began to consider a larger package based in the design of the balloon mouthpiece.
IMG-1967.jpg
IMG-1962-Copy.jpg

We added whip adapters in 18, 14, and 10mm,
IMG-1966.jpg

the wand, a bubbler, and the glass pathway.
IMG-1963.jpg

I intended the dots to be clear glass that would appear black, like those of the balloon mouthpiece, but I happened to mention that I had found an older, classic recycler by Steve K that seemed especially appropriate to the occasion, as it's made of Ruby Red balls:
IMG-1969.jpg

And other colors:
IMG-1983.jpg

IMG-1979.jpg

IMG-1981.jpg

IMG-1982.jpg

I am thoroughly enjoying the custom kit and the baller upgrade. This is a fantastic vape! Thanks for everything, @SSV_Steve_Elev8 and crew!

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
While we're celebrating the Baller Da Buddha, I'd like to share an upgrade of my own, a custom glass set for the DBV from elev8 Glass:
IMG-1958.jpg

Da Buddha's my first and much-loved vape so I was pretty excited by news of the upgrade and began to dream of pimp caps. @Airborne420 helped me figure out what kinds of things were possible, and then we worked with glass artist Jeff "Simply Jeff" Engle who had great ideas and, well, mad skills. The pimp cap led to a knob, and then I began to consider a larger package based in the design of the balloon mouthpiece.
IMG-1967.jpg
IMG-1962-Copy.jpg

We added whip adapters in 18, 14, and 10mm,
IMG-1966.jpg

the wand, a bubbler, and the glass pathway.
IMG-1963.jpg

I intended the dots to be clear glass that would appear black, like those of the balloon mouthpiece, but I happened to mention that I had found an older, classic recycler by Steve K that seemed especially appropriate to the occasion, as it's made of Ruby Red balls:
IMG-1969.jpg

And other colors:
IMG-1983.jpg

IMG-1979.jpg

IMG-1981.jpg

IMG-1982.jpg

I am thoroughly enjoying the custom kit and the baller upgrade. This is a fantastic vape! Thanks for everything, @SSV_Steve_Elev8 and crew!
Congrats @coolbreeze!

Your kit looks amazing! Hope you enjoy it 😁

TigoleBitties,
  • Love

Roger

Hello everyone,
I'm considering buying the Da Buddha, I even think I'm going to make this idea a reality quickly... I've read a lot and watched videos, news etc... but almost always we see big hits, sessions strong but fast, I wonder how the da buddha is if we start at low temperature, rising slowly, how long can the session last? Number of poufs, how much material is needed to get the most out of it?
I am a regular user of Mighty, Elev8r (torch), Vaphit, Dynavap...
For several months I have been tempted to switch to the DC version for the elev8r because even if I am used to it, I sometimes burn, and I am looking for a way to make my sessions smoother, but given the enail, the pid..., I think the Buddha will be easier to use.
also I would like to do without the plastic tube, do those who use all glass feel a big difference in flavors?
Thank you for your feedback!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hello everyone,
I'm considering buying the Da Buddha, I even think I'm going to make this idea a reality quickly... I've read a lot and watched videos, news etc... but almost always we see big hits, sessions strong but fast, I wonder how the da buddha is if we start at low temperature, rising slowly, how long can the session last? Number of poufs, how much material is needed to get the most out of it?
For several months I have been tempted to switch to the DC version for the elev8r because even if I am used to it, I sometimes burn, and I am looking for a way to make my sessions smoother, but given the enail, the pid..., I think the Buddha will be easier to use.
also I would like to do without the plastic tube, do those who use all glass feel a big difference in flavors?
I'm a new owner of a DBV with the baller upgrade and I'm loving it. It's such a versatile and powerful vape. If you want to do relaxed, low-temp sessions then the DBV can definitely handle this.

I've set my dial to around 11 o'clock and have been loading around 0.1g - 0.15g of flower. You can take your time between hits with the whip as nothing is heating unless you draw. This size bowl usually can give me from 6-7 nice tasty clouds over a 5min session. I don't find the need to adjust the temperature during the session. If you adjust your draw (slow = hotter) then I find you can end up with the color ABV you want over time.

I think the vinyl tubing makes a *tiny* difference in the taste but it's not so easy to notice it, at least for me. I have ordered direct glass mouthpieces with cooling dimples that I plan to try but right now the vinyl tubing isn't bothering me. I expect the all-glass airpath to preserve the flavors a bit more and provide more cooling but the vapor is pretty tasty and impressive as it is with the whip.

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

Hello everyone,
I haven't temp-stepped with it, tbh, and I think it might take a little recharge time with each increase in temps because the store of rubies is massive. But the bowl is pretty good size; this is about .3g (untamped):
IMG-6903.jpg

That's more than I would fill it and it's probably close to or over capacity. You'd need to stir more than once probably, with each stir breaking down the herbs and reducing airflow. But about .2g or so would be more workable and gently heated could be a session of several hits. In terms of sessions, the pace is your own, the wand is normally removed from the heater between hits and will not cook your herbs further. Leaving the wand in the heater does conduct heat, but it seems kind of minimal.

I mostly have a basket screen in the end of the wand and get 2-4 big hits per load (I turn down about one hour). There's a flavor advantage to more, smaller bowls, and no need to stir.

It's really simple. And the vapor is smooth and cool.
There is a difference in flavor although the whip is really not bad at all, until it needs changed. With the elev8 all-glass pathway you get a big, fat pipe directly to the bowl with one bend. The flavor is direct and transparent. It can be slightly warmer than the hose, but not at all uncomfortable. Maybe they'd add cooling dimples if you asked?

Of course you can always hack a glass path using other mouthpieces connected to an 18mm male joint, it will work fine but the glass pathway is impressive.
IMG-6874.jpg

Pukka

Of course you can always hack a glass path using other mouthpieces connected to an 18mm male joint, it will work fine but the glass pathway is impressive.
Take a look at the LSV glass stems. 18mm male ends natively like your long DBV longest stem, just shorter. And you also have the (according to The Wife) penis like bent swiss cheese stem that's in between the regular and short stems.

Top Bottom