Da Buddha

Iso2

UrDoinItWrong said:
Iso2 said:
My mistake. I tried the water trick again and with a little bit more time it worked fine!

Thanks again guys.

I brought Da Buddha over to a mates place last night for him to try out. One go at it and he's thinking of buying one himself!
If you get 5 people to buy one, you can get one for free via their referral program! Check it out on their website, my friend I got one for has already got 3 under his belt. It's a really easy sell to buddies, as it's so well made and affordable. Fantastic first vape imo!
Already ahead of you. That friend I showed it to told his mate, so now they're both thinking of buying one. That'll be two down for me!

How does the process work? I know they enter your name or email address somewhere. I'm guessing the comment field. Then what, does 7th Floor send me an email saying I have had x number of referrals?

Iso2,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
anyone looking for efficiency with this ma-slap a 18-14 reducer in there and get somone to make you a 14mm wand, or jimmy rig one all the same.. its amazing :brow:

and for a screen i just force a brass screen into place,, b e a utiful

MrMistyTokes,

max

Out to lunch
Beezleb said:
Max, be a big boy now.

I did not call anyone irresponsible, I said specifically ""Just feels irresponsible to leave it on to me but im more conservative when it comes to environmental aspects." You want to try to justify your ridicule of my view as a sense of justification. Quit the spin please as I clearly states it is how "I" feel and not directed to anyone as it clearly points my personal view.

I stand by my words and if you feel that you ridiculed, you put yourself into that category as I made a general statement. One person clarified their statement, you tried to defend it.

/move along nothing to see here. I said my piece. Vape on.
I stand by my words as well. I don't accept your definition of ridicule, nor do I accept your effort to paint yourself as the injured party when you threw the first stone in offering up the descriiption of "irresponsible" for anyone leaving a vape on. And your passive agressive posting style is becoming apparant to all. I've put up with your 'round about' method of flaming me and others about as long as I'm going to, so I'll quote two items from the rules section and you can consider it an official warning.

Respect your fellow posters. No name calling, harassment, etc.

Rules are interpreted and applied at the discretion of the moderators

Move along indeed.

max,

owin

In other news, I've been taking my DBV over to a friends the last few days because they are thinking of buying it off me. I really missed this guy. Haven't used it much in the last 2 months since using the PD to conserve but the last few nights have got 4 people seriously stoned off not much weed. I think this thing gains a bit of efficiency when you add in more people. Maybe it's just my tolerance has gone down a little in the last 2 months but either way I missed the high I get and am thinking twice about selling it now.

owin,

GreenJon

max said:
The best efficiency is achieved with small amounts. Unfortunately it's no fun to load just a pinch in the DBV and get a small hit or two.
----I agree with this statement but in regards to using the Silver Surfer Vaporizer ( SSV ).
p.s. ---- Most of you know this fact. But the buddha and the SSV are made by the same company.
--------------------fin:|:D:o;)

GreenJon,

baikal

Owning both a PD and a DBV, I think they are about equal in terms of efficiency. It is just a matter of scale. If you are light smoker who can get rocked off 1-2 pd bowls, that obviously is the way to go. On the other hand, a DBV wand packed full of kind, can get a whole room of chronic stoners high.

baikal,

owin

baikal said:
Owning both a PD and a DBV, I think they are about equal in terms of efficiency. It is just a matter of scale. If you are light smoker who can get rocked off 1-2 pd bowls, that obviously is the way to go. On the other hand, a DBV wand packed full of kind, can get a whole room of chronic stoners high.
I sort of agree. I think the DBV shines in efficiency with more people. With a group of 4 people or so everyone can get pretty fucked up off of one bowl. I still feel that the PD is more efficient. I'm a pretty heavy smoker(vaper) and my herb has lasted over twice as long with the PD compared to the DBV.

owin,

max

Out to lunch
GreenJon said:
max said:
The best efficiency is achieved with small amounts. Unfortunately it's no fun to load just a pinch in the DBV and get a small hit or two.
----I agree with this statement but in regards to using the Silver Surfer Vaporizer ( SSV ).
p.s. ---- Most of you know this fact. But the buddha and the SSV are made by the same company.
Well, since this is a DBV thread, that's the 7th Floor product we're talking about. What's your point in bringing up the SSV? Efficiency wise, they're both in the same catagory as most any whip vape.

As for the PD and DBV being about equal in efficiency, I'd have to agree as far as being able to vape efficiently with the DB, but since that unit uses a glass wand and 2-3' of tubing, the PD will always lose considerably less vapor to condensation. That aspect is a built-in efficiency difference that there's no way to get around.

max,

josh

I just ordered a DBV from vapeworld. With the 12% off and free shipping it came in at just under $150 for the black version.

josh,

Beezleb

max said:
GreenJon said:
max said:
Well, since this is a DBV thread, that's the 7th Floor product we're talking about. What's your point in bringing up the SSV? Efficiency wise, they're both in the same catagory as most any whip vape.

As for the PD and DBV being about equal in efficiency, I'd have to agree as far as being able to vape efficiently with the DB, but since that unit uses a glass wand and 2-3' of tubing, the PD will always lose considerably less vapor to condensation. That aspect is a built-in efficiency difference that there's no way to get around.
Max, I do not agree in calling the condensed thc with the DB or SSV a "loss through condensation" as it can easily be reclaimed via scraping clean to ISO cleaning and evap which is a highly prized product and for me personally was in part a reasoning why I chose this style of vaporizer over a non wand based vaporizer.

To me, it enhances the vaping experience by making it possible to use a mere pinch of scraped/reclaimed condensed THC material increase the potency of a bowl, typically mids that I use, when I really need. A little bit goes a long long way.

I tend to think of like a rewards program, you get something back and its great!

Add in the popularity of PD/Myrtylezap users to utilize a bong or other attachment or whatnot with their PD/Myrtylezap I would say from this perspective it is not wholly accurate to proclaim PD/Myrtylezap users benefit from your view point of efficiency as the reality of users of the PD/Myrtylezap who use bongs/attachments in their setup would degrade their efficiency rating. Add in that from what I believe that numerous users of the PD/Myrtylezap report to use an average in my opinion of two tubes which is equal to one regular DBV wand I would say the issue is appropriately subjective to not definately make such a matter of fact statement.

The DBV and PD/Myrtylezap can vaporize the same amounts of weed effectively however the PD/Myrtylezap exceeds the DBV at lower amounts in performance simply because it is designed for smaller amounts while the DBV was designed for about twice about as much as a single PD/Myrtylezap stem. An equal amount of a PD/Myrtylezap compared to equal amounts in the DBV will always favor the PD in flavor and thickness in my opinion but the DBV gets you to the same place but I would say the DBV at small amounts is not satisfying in the slightest and for those who use little amounts of weed the PD is a godsend, hands down but if you are going to use more than two stems or one DBV wand than I suggest that you decide on other factors than efficiency as I cannot agree with efficiency being a factor for those who use at least 2 stems which I believe is to be many PD/Myrtylezap users then when you consider the amount of PD/Myrtylezap users that use bongs and other attachments the whole efficiency aspect gets smaller and only applicable if only use one stem and without a bong or attechment.

What I would like to see is direct draw whip/wand vaporizer to come with different sizes of wands/whips & heater covers in smaller sizes to increase the performance of lower vaped amounts.

I recommend the PD/Myrtleszap to people who use little weed, otherwise I recommend the selection to be based on other factors that are favored by the person and to understand the aspects in which to obtain this high degree of efficiency and not that this is a matter of fact benefit but based on their personal usage.

The PD/Myrtylezap are absolute works of fine craftsmanship and much love, skill and dedication to the quality of the product are well deserved to be highly respected but they are not some mystical magical super efficient vape that will use less as a matter of fact is an subjective illustration. They are merely "capable" of achieving high efficiency under one stem of use and only with no attachments or bongs with usage otherwise efficiency decreases but equivalent or close to that of most standard mainstream whip/wand direct draw vaporizers.

The reality of general usage in my view based on what I have seen of PD/Myrtylezap users claim to use I cannot say with good faith and honesty that the PD/Myrtylezap is more efficient unless its usage is within a set parameter. Certainly some regular users and vocal personalities of the forum do claim to use one stem but I find that this small amount of the overall population who has commented on the subject and my opinion is far from the benefit of any scientific type of data but it is based on my recollection of reading reviews and writings of PD/Myrtylezap users. Take from what it what you and ive stated my reasons for my views.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
I do not agree in calling the condensed thc with the DB or SSV a "loss through condensation" as it can easily be reclaimed via scraping clean to ISO cleaning and evap which is a highly prized product and for me personally was in part a reasoning why I chose this style of vaporizer over a non wand based vaporizer.
You can't reclaim all of the condensed vapor (especially with a vape that uses tubing or bags), so the more condensation there is, the less efficient the vape.

Aside from condensation loss, which varies with the vape design, a full sized whip unit can be used as efficiently as a vape like the PD. But for the most part, people don't use them that way. I'll use the analogy I've used before. Who wants to drive a sports car with the primary aim being high fuel efficiency? It's frustrating and unenjoyable. So with a full sized vape 99 of 100 people are gonna take bigger hits than you can get with a PD. And unless you believe that the body can absorb 100% (or close to it) of the THC from a big hit in a couple of seconds (I don't), big hits are less efficient. You can count bowls and vapor tubes sure, but the bottom line is that the vast majority of people are gonna use more herb with a full sized vape than with a small bowl vape like the PD. I've found the same to be true to a lesser extent with the Vapolution, which I used extensively for a couple of years. The narrow bowl on the vape consistently allowed me to stretch my supply vs. a regular size whip vape.

So efficiency in this area is more 'real world use', and not just what is possible. Just like I'm always gonna eat more food if I'm in an 'all you can eat' buffet restaurant. It's just human nature.

max,

rayski

Beezleb said:
What I would like to see is direct draw whip/wand vaporizer to come with different sizes of wands/whips & heater covers in smaller sizes to increase the performance of lower vaped amounts.
Something like how the V-tower's elbow is used?

rayski,

Beezleb

max said:
I do not agree in calling the condensed thc with the DB or SSV a "loss through condensation" as it can easily be reclaimed via scraping clean to ISO cleaning and evap which is a highly prized product and for me personally was in part a reasoning why I chose this style of vaporizer over a non wand based vaporizer.
You can't reclaim all of the condensed vapor (especially with a vape that uses tubing or bags), so the more condensation there is, the less efficient the vape.

Aside from condensation loss, which varies with the vape design, a full sized whip unit can be used as efficiently as a vape like the PD. But for the most part, people don't use them that way. I'll use the analogy I've used before. Who wants to drive a sports car with the primary aim being high fuel efficiency? It's frustrating and unenjoyable. So with a full sized vape 99 of 100 people are gonna take bigger hits than you can get with a PD. And unless you believe that the body can absorb 100% (or close to it) of the THC from a big hit in a couple of seconds (I don't), big hits are less efficient. You can count bowls and vapor tubes sure, but the bottom line is that the vast majority of people are gonna use more herb with a full sized vape than with a small bowl vape like the PD. I've found the same to be true to a lesser extent with the Vapolution, which I used extensively for a couple of years. The narrow bowl on the vape consistently allowed me to stretch my supply vs. a regular size whip vape.

So efficiency in this area is more 'real world use', and not just what is possible. Just like I'm always gonna eat more food if I'm in an 'all you can eat' buffet restaurant. It's just human nature.
In my opinion your taking that view too far as the opinion is based on too many subjective and changing factors.

The whip residue can and is able to be reclaimed, most people generally choose to utilize new tubing after reclamation rather than reusing the tubing so I would not say that condensed THC in a tube is not generally reclaimed but merely replaced. Some reasoning for using new tubing after reclamation is if ISO is used it can affect the tubing from changing it opaque to hardening it.

You say "most people" tend to use but how to come by that acknowledgment of most people? Is it based on your own preference as you indicate? What populace of users, meaning did you take into consideration the typical usage habits of daily recreation users, weekly recreation users? medical users? etc. The big picture is too large to generically label "most users" across the board without defining or identifying the populace you are basing your view on. Such as, from my view those who use weed every day or in my view those who use a few times per week tend to report to imbibe differently, many medical users imbibe differently based on their needs in part just to name off a few groups of imbibers.

I just find it faulty in thinking to generically believe most people utilize weed or have preferences in any one way. From what I see is that you put too much emphasis on your own personal view when it comes to the usage to others. Would be nice if we could somehow obtain usage habits by populace and more scientifically come to a more true illustrative understanding than throwing unrealistic figures like 99 out of a 100 as if that is some kind of fact when it is mere opinion based on your views which is fine but you word it as a matter of fact and based on the general viewpoint of the forum as stating fact from view/opinion this stands out to me.

That is all I am saying and I am only saying it as I strive to direct people to vaporizers based on "their" needs and their views which obviously does not fit a single generic category. To see diversity, just look at the PD experience thread and look at how many alterations people make to their usage with the PD/Myrtlezap. It is a simple device, its used one way but yet look at people to alter the temp, to cool the vapor, to change the draw method. Then look at how many people say they use at least 2 stems. The big picture is far too complicated and diversified to generically lump together.

I do agree to a point with you though, the DBV is in my opinion is not a PD/Myrtlezap equivalent in performance at small amounts but I just do not see the reality of efficiency from the PD/Myrtlezap translating to anything that would give a baby a sensation if the difference was isolated and imbibed on its own on a per use/single basis and with using equal amounts of product. Obviously Im hardly saying that from a scientific data perspective but the level of condensation that occurs is passively insinuated is not realistic in my view.

I will say I share your view not liking the DBV at smaller amounts from a heavy/regular recreation perspective but not all users would share that view. I bet if you asked tom if he ever fathomed what all the people do with his vaporizer he would be surprised at it all. I also disagree with your view of being at an all you can eat restaurant. While you certainly can eat all you can, you do not have to and since these restaurants do pretty well and they are actually betting people wont eat all they can I would say that concept is not really valid on a big picture view point, while it may be valid from your perspective there is a difference.

I also disagree with your car analogy as its applicable only when comparing equal amounts used in the PD/Myrtlezap and wand/whip based vaporizer and this is where the PD/Myrtlezap loses its shine in the efficiency aspect in my opinion. I say this as the PD/Myrtlezap only shows true efficiency if a user only uses one stem, but in your car analogy you set up the wand/whip vaporizer with a full wand which is twice the amount of the PD/Myrtlezap stem but you compare it an unequal amount in the PD stem. In order for your analogy to work it would need to be considered that both vaporizers equally have the same amount of weed compared (1 stem verse 1/2 filled wand) and the end result of that is that you are pretty much equally high, however, the PD/Myrtlezap certainly performs better at that amount largely in my opinion based on a vapor to air ratio which favors the PD/Myrtlezap at equal and regular use amounts and from this perspective the PD/Mytrlezap wins big on performance but both vape categories using this small equal amount will get you were you want to be and for those who use small amounts and fit this category as I describe I recommend the PD/Myrtlezap.

However here are some other aspects to consider as well, the ABV from the PD/Myrtlezap is typically reprocessed further and this aspects also detracts from the efficiency as its matter of fact illustrative of THC still locked in the material. The same is true for the temperature variable wand/whip vaporizers but this is a variable based on the users preference as the users selected temperature setting and method of use is going to determine how effective the actual vaporization process is and thus it becomes difficult to truly gage the two vaporizer designs in true efficiency without a laboratory setting in this regard to how much is left in the ABV. On the other hand it could be considered similar in concept to reclaiming condensed THC as it can be reclaimed/processed so perhaps it is not really an overall efficiency issue and just a per session efficiency issue.

Now if you compare equal amounts in these two vaporizer categories such as using 1 regular wand = 2 PD/Myrtlezap stems and take into consideration the condensation from wand/whip which in my opinion equates to minuscule amounts of transference through condensation it would likely take a laboratory of some sorts to effectively monitor. On a per session use basis this is an extremely small amount in my experience and can be reclaimed later as it builds up over time, any amount that is not reclaimed would itself be so small it would largely be insignificant in my opinion and as such I feel its inappropriate to portray the issue as if its represented be a significant issue as otherwise it works to potentially mislead people in believing this is a big an ordeal when in reality its not a big deal. The main problem with using two stems with the PD/Myrtlezap in relation to comparing efficiency as the PD/Myrtlezap only really gains true efficiency if a person only vapes one stem and stops thus achieving a per session savings of a full stems worth of weed in comparison to those who use a full wand. However if more than one stem is used than the true realistic efficiency rating of the two vaporizers is comparable as in my opinion as condensation is not a true loss due to reclamation and any potential loss that is not reclaimed is extremely slight in my view. Add in the view point of potential potency of the ABV of both vaporizer categories I find it difficult to proclaim the PD/Myrtlezap a matter of fact high efficient vaporizer over other vaporizers and in this discussion specifically towards temperature variable wand/whip vaporizers.

There is no doubt the PD/Myrtlezap are better performers at utilizing smaller amounts of weed but I can only agree that PD/Myrtlezap is super efficient if a person only uses one stem, otherwise the realistic physical savings of weed is just not there and it is my opinion based off recollecting the reviews of many PD users that people tend to use 2 stems which is the same amount of most other vaporizers. Outside of that the reality of efficiency is variable, subjective and miniscule on a per session basis to not matter in my opinion and over time most of efficiency variables and aspects can be reclaimed through recollecting built up condensation, which is highly prized, and reprocessing ABV.

Man I wrote a lot, good wand and good discussion hehe. Those are my views and my reasons, take from it what you will.

Rayski, I was thinking more along the lines of using a smaller wand/tube/heater cover in order to achieve a higher vapor to air ratio with using smaller amounts of material.

I believe that if the the volume of the wand was smaller and the amount of air was decreased smaller amounts of weed could be vaped with a higher performance and would appeal to a good part of the population. In my fantasy world 7th floor would make it so you could swap out the original hands free heater cover for the DBV and with a smaller size replacement and the same with the SSV. As far as I know there may be practical reason not to do that and it was just a thought I had. If it is a question of vapor to air ratio than I would hope this could be redesigned for use with smaller amounts. I think it would require a new heater cover, wand and tubing size maybe.

Beezleb,

Rebus Canebus

Since trying vaping at a So Cal dispensery I've been smitten with vaporizers. The PD sounded perfect for me so I'm on "the list". While waiting I purchased a DBV. I'm a veteran smoker with about 38 years under my belt, and I'd like to say that the DBV and vaporizing has gotten myself and my friends the highest we have ever been. On it's inaugural cruise we were launched into a weekend of pure excess. 2 people stayed over medicated for 3 days, with a couple of more folks coming in for 3 or 4 sessions. Three people tapped the mat. When it was all over we consumed a little over 3 grams of some of So Cal's finest medical varieties. We were pleasantly surprised that was all we had used for as medicated we had gotten. My buddy has a serious pain issue, even has a Fentenyl pump installed. He consumes massive amounts of weed on any given day and he was totally impressed with how medicated he was vs the amount we vaped, normally we would have smoked a 1/4 and wouldn't have achieved the nirvana that we did. I was pretty impressed with the learning curve as well, after a couple of burned bowls we learned to turn it down, down, down 12:15 works well for me. We used the mouse pad trick mentioned here and saved the wand a couple of times. Went to the smoke shop and bought a 12" straight GonG ice catcher, everyone loved that item! So far I have converted 3 more people over to vaporizing with this DBV rig, two of whom had already fell in love with the Volcano prior to their introduction to the DBV, and now want a DBV. I had 0 vaporizer experience prior to this DBV purchase and now plan on a VG as well as the PD to eventually fill out my collection of vaping tools. All in all, I'm extremely happy with the DBV and the ground glass connection. I did make a custom wooden base that tilts the DBV forward a little ala SSV style (better than a wad of cardboard) to keep the material from falling forward and burning which ruins the taste of everything in the bowl. the GG connection stays put nicely with a little twist and works well with the ice bong. Great bang for the buck! :)

Rebus Canebus,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
oh crap, there's a club now? Maybe i SHOULD get a Buddha. I really do want one, although I better have my PD for a few months before I decide. Extreme, LB, and PD should be all I need.... But the Buddha is such a good price.

IAmKrazy2,

josh

owin said:
DBV is the shit.
I agree. I just got mine today. On top of being extremely happy for the free shipping and quick delivery (I ordered 2 days ago) plus the 12% discount and not being charged extra for the black version I must say this thing is the shit. I just packed up my 2nd wand which I don't even know why because I am f'n blitzed off the 1st one. My abv is a nice brown by starting at 1/4 turn and working my way up to 1/2 turn or line pointing straight up. Very easy to use. The packaging was awesome. Love the hemp case. The glass is nice and sturdy and everything seems to work fine right out of the box. Ordering from VapeWorld was extremely easy and with the discount that was a hell of a deal.

josh,

Byrdman

I've been lurking these forums for the past couple weeks trying to decide whether or not to buy a vaporizer. Having used a couple versions of the Volcano at parties and friend's houses, I was convinced it was the way to go (vaping in general that is).

This curiosity was pushed into necessity this week when another roommate moved in (I live in apartments located on my campus). Partaking is illegal here (even with a prescription since its on campus), and if you're caught, bam, kicked out and possible expulsion. Smoking in the bathroom with the fan on was my vice, but this new guy's a @#$%, and I'm sure if he figured out I did it he'd get me thrown out.

Any how, after browsing all the forums I had it narrowed down between a PD, a Myrtlezap, and a DBV. The two month waiting list, 30 minute warm up time, and stem (I'm clumsy and yeah, i'd break the top part of the PD/Myrtle) made my decision easy. I order my DBV yesterday and can't wait for it to get here. Thanks for making this decision so easy for me! I can't wait!

Byrdman,

lwien

Byrdman said:
The two month waiting list, 30 minute warm up time, and stem (I'm clumsy and yeah, i'd break the top part of the PD/Myrtle) made my decision easy.
The PD/Zap are designed to stay on 24/7. It only draws 8 watts, about the same as 2 night lights so used this way, the 30 minute warm up time is only for the first time you plug it in. From then on, it's instant.

Also, I have never heard of anyone breaking the top part of a PD/Myrtle. Not quite sure what you mean by the top part.

lwien,

Byrdman

lwien said:
Also, I have never heard of anyone breaking the top part of a PD/Myrtle. Not quite sure what you mean by the top part.
The vapor tubes. I just noticed on the site that they apparently unbreakable. Either way, waiting two months for it would just be too long for me. I'm a very anxious person (hence why I medicate).

Byrdman,
Top Bottom