• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Da Buddha

owin

marcuss said:
owin said:
Beezleb said:
When I another whip or something, I will be going thru Tokins site. He was the one who convinced me to get into vapor so I am biased though but I have seen more than handful of posts regarding shipping issues from 7th floor and no issues from Tolkin.
Definitely issues with 7th floor. Like them saying they never got your order but somehow charged you for the order. Great product bad customer service. I'll be going through tokin from now on.
unfortunately i must agree with you....i stopped my businness with them after two (2) missed bulk orders....to me 7th floor wholesalers customer's service is totally useless.....seems that they change the staff weekly so anybody is in charge of your order, when i call them they just apologize and try to tell me the old story...i never buy again from them....by the way their products are good enough to try your lucky hit if you are buying just one for you!
If you do plan on ordering directly from them I definitely recommend calling them to order instead of ordering online. I've had all my problems based on the online part of the company.

Once again 7th floor makes great products. Love my DBV just would order from Tokin from now on.

owin,

UrDoinItWrong

Hey, I ordered a DBV from 7th floor 5 days ago that has yet to ship, even though the money cleared my account the next day. I'm sure it's going to ship any day now, I know they are a reputable company, although the delay is annoying.

That DBV is a gift, but I want to order a black one for myself. I want to order it from Tokin, but one factor is that I DONT want that ridiculous pink zebra bag, I really want the solid color one. Tokin, do you currently stock any of the new solid color bags? I hope so, as I'd much rather get it from you to avoid another delay and I'd like to support a forum vendor. Thanks, peace.

EDIT: The DBV arrived on time and I love it, apparently the 7th floor website is having errors receiving tracking numbers, so I was never sent one and was unaware that it arrived and was at my apt office. word.

UrDoinItWrong,

baikal

Hey y'all. I recent added a DBV vape to my growing unintended collection :/ (BC Vape, (CR)Vapir 3.0, PD and now DBV).

I am loving the DBV, and find that I get the most efficiency out of the herb by "pre heating" (which i first discovered with the PD)...and also by leaving the unit on for awhile.

I wonder.....how long can I leave the DBV turned on, and how much electrcity does it use? I've left mine on for up to 2-3 hrs at a time during extended vape sessions and it works best for me that way. But am I gonna drive my DBV to an early grave by leaving it "on" alot?:uhoh:

baikal,

owin

baikal said:
Hey y'all. I recent added a DBV vape to my growing unintended collection :/ (BC Vape, (CR)Vapir 3.0, PD and now DBV).

I am loving the DBV, and find that I get the most efficiency out of the herb by "pre heating" (which i first discovered with the PD)...and also by leaving the unit on for awhile.

I wonder.....how long can I leave the DBV turned on, and how much electrcity does it use? I've left mine on for up to 2-3 hrs at a time during extended vape sessions and it works best for me that way. But am I gonna drive my DBV to an early grave by leaving it "on" alot?:uhoh:
You should be fine leaving it on that much. I usually leave mine on all day. When I wake up I turn it on and when I go to bed I turn it off. And apparently at 7th Floor they have a unit that has been on for 7 years or something like that and it's still working fine. My electricity costs didn't go up too much by leaving it on. Enjoy your new vape!

owin,

baikal

owin said:
baikal said:

You should be fine leaving it on that much. I usually leave mine on all day. When I wake up I turn it on and when I go to bed I turn it off. And apparently at 7th Floor they have a unit that has been on for 7 years or something like that and it's still working fine. My electricity costs didn't go up too much by leaving it on. Enjoy your new vape!
Gracias - I'd read the 7-yr story, but couldn't remember which model that was to be honest;) . I it is easy to get lost in this forum. But no complaints - great resource....great members.

baikal,

blazin

hey tokin got a ? man ok ive been smoking since i was 13 almost 14 anyways im almost 30 now and i smoke 6-8 times a day with my bongs i tryed a bc vape it sucked bad but that was 4 years ago. now ive been reading on this awsome fore for about a week now and i noticed u said the hotbox sucked but everyplace says its verygood but there is no temp control ok the dbv u say i awsome ok ill take ur word but my question is which vape period gives the thickest hardest hit and to get bigger and better hit is it better to use a hands free or whip. my spending limit is 200 if u can help id apreciate it.

blazin,

blazin

went to my local head shop yesterday they had the ssv and i was gonna get it was a great price 180 caiuse they had dropped it and the nob was a little broken but it worked just needed a new nob anyways my wife didnt want me to buy it i got a little upset then she broke down and told me she already bought me one for fathersday so anyways when we get home she hands it to me she had ordered me the PURE vape from got vape. i have read no reviews on it can anyone help me out i havent opened it cause i dont know if i should keep it but it is standard not hands free so i guess its kinda like the ssv or maybe not please help.

blazin,

spyder

one thing I like about the SSV and DBV... You know where the air flow comes from (hole right below wand on heat cover.

Some of the box vapes...you are really not sure...so in regards to the Pure.... I'm really not sure

spyder,

josh

blazin said:
she already bought me one for fathersday so anyways when we get home she hands it to me she had ordered me the PURE vape from got vape.
Info from Got Vape (http://www.gotvape.com/store/pure_vaporizer.php)

"Pure Vaporizer Introduction
The Pure Vaporizer has been on the market for the past four years and met with great success. You can find the Pure Vaporizer at almost any tobacco accessories shop around the country.

The Pure Vaporizer has been remanufactured and retrofitted with fully worked ceramic cores. Significance being that with so many other box units having "soldering iron" cores, the ceramic core allows the heating process to transpire much quicker and without the ionization of many other popular box units.

The Pure Vaporizer is constructed with fine birch and solid alder wood, boasting some of the very finest woods in the industry.
Pure Vaporizer Usage
The Pure Vaporizer is a convection based vaporizer that draws hot air over your legal herbal blend causing it to vaporize.

It uses a highly refined vapor whip to load your blend and then use. You hold the vapor whip to the Pure vaporizer's ceramic coil to obtain your vapor hit.

With the most amazing warm-up time in the vaporizer industry at 30 seconds, the Pure Vaporizer is ready to go a moments notice.
Pure Vaporizer Warranty Information
The Pure Vaporizer comes equipped with a full 5 year warranty. This vaporizer is very solid and for the price, it's hard to beat."

So to sum it up, ceramic core inside and made with birch and alder wood on the outside, 30 second warm up time and a 5 year warranty. That all sounds good, although it didn't specify what kind of ceramic or exactly what the warranty includes. At $150 it is comparable to most other decent box vapes. I couldn't actually find a manufacturers website from google though, might be a mass produced chinese made pos, but then again may be a decent box vape. Hard to say. Looks good though, I like the curved part which sets it apart from some other box vapes I have seen.

Edit: Spelling

josh,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
blazin said:
anyways my wife didnt want me to buy it i got a little upset then she broke down and told me she already bought me one for fathersday so anyways when we get home she hands it to me she had ordered me the PURE vape from got vape.
Aww man , your wife is sweet. But when it comes to vaporizer it's better to stick with what you know imo. If the PURE was good and on the market for 4 years, like they say, chances are it would of been discussed here at one time. All signs point to a china made vape. For a 150$ i'd go for the DBV , it is a known vape, you know what you're getting and it's made in the USA. The PURE looks ok but it hards to tell how its built. The heater doesnt even look glass enclosed.

My opinion : keep the wife, ditch the PURE ;)

Skunkypete,

spyder

Ditto...

Either save a few bucks and grab a DBV or head back to the shop and grab the SSV with the broken knob

check the auction sites, ebay / ioffer.com / ubid they might have one for the same price, that has not been dropped

good luck

spyder,

Defcon

I just bought a DBV from Tokin, looking forward to it I'll be sure to take some pics write a review.

Defcon,

smokealot

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT HAVE BEEN VAPEING FOR A WHILE. I USE THE SSV BUT MY QUESTION IS TO U TOKEN. I OHNESTLY REALLY LIKE THE HANDS FREE BUDDAH AND MY FREIND IS OFFERING ME 120 FOR MY SSV. SHOULD I KEEP MY SSV OR TRY THE BUDDA. SEE I DID ALOT OF ROOFING AND MY HANDS GET SHAKY AT TIMES FROM HOLDING THE LOVLY SSV WAND I HATE TO LET HER GO BUT I NEED SOMETHING EASIER ON MY OLD HANDS. LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK/:D

smokealot,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
smokealot said:
I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT HAVE BEEN VAPEING FOR A WHILE. I USE THE SSV BUT MY QUESTION IS TO U TOKEN. I OHNESTLY REALLY LIKE THE HANDS FREE BUDDAH AND MY FREIND IS OFFERING ME 120 FOR MY SSV. SHOULD I KEEP MY SSV OR TRY THE BUDDA. SEE I DID ALOT OF ROOFING AND MY HANDS GET SHAKY AT TIMES FROM HOLDING THE LOVLY SSV WAND I HATE TO LET HER GO BUT I NEED SOMETHING EASIER ON MY OLD HANDS. LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK/:D
If i were you I'd keep the SSV and just buy a ground glass heater cover from 7th Floor . Just look near the bottom of the page. The you buy the SSV QC Ground Glass Wand from this page and you are good to go. Your SSV is now a pimped up da Buddha. I have both and love it. Each cover serves it own purpose.

Skunkypete,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
who else pinches a small amount of herb onto your spent herb untill its like 3/4 full i find its so efficient and thick-best of both worlds :D

and for all around more conservative hits i use a 14m ground joint with a bushing reducer, try it :brow:

MrMistyTokes,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I find myself doing that from time to time with most vaporizers. Naturally as the herb gets vaped it shrinks. On some vapes a full bowl is NEEDED to achieve a pleasant vapor experience. So that's why I add the occasional pinch of green herb on-top of a bowl that is half way vaped to finish of my 'experience' :cool:

:2c:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Defcon

I just got a DBV the other day from Tokin at TokinsVapes.com. Their shipping only took a couple days after I ordered to reach my front door, and their support was very quick in sending replies. I highly reccomend them for ordering. But about the DBV itself its simply awesome. A tiny amount of herb got four people high..Twice. It totally beats the shit out of smoking. I would recommend the DBV to anyone.

The only thing I'm worried about is replacing screens, and I hate when the tube comes out of the wand and I have to put it back in. Other than that though this vape is A+.

Defcon,

spyder

screen is super simple to change... slight bow in the screen slide in and use poker to push into place

wet tube a little bit and push it in the wand as far as you can, when it drys it will be secure in the wand

spyder,

Beezleb

Defcon, ive had two wands for my DBV and have not had an issue. I would contac Tolkin and talk to him about. My concern would be that the diameter of wand where the tube connects is a bit too large.

Beezleb,

Defcon

I'm not sure if its actually an issue with the wand/tube, or rather I'm just slightly retarded. I mean I can get it in there okay it just takes a minute or two, but sometimes it comes out while smoking and yeah.
No big deallll

Defcon,

owin

Defcon said:
I'm not sure if its actually an issue with the wand/tube, or rather I'm just slightly retarded. I mean I can get it in there okay it just takes a minute or two, but sometimes it comes out while smoking and yeah.
No big deallll
This happened to me a couple times when I first got my DBV too. After a week or two the tubing never slipped out and I never did anything special to make it stay in there. After the tubing gets heated up enough times it will expand and then pretty much get "glued" in there.

owin,

max

Out to lunch
MrMistyTokes said:
any record of this ironhorse of a vape ever failing for any reason?? :)
Sure. Not a lot, by any means, but there have been a ton of 'em sold, and nothing's failure proof. The temp control/dimmer has been/will be the most likely part to fail. It's a solid product with quality parts though, and does come with a 3 yr. warranty.

I got one of these in the mail the other day to use for a dealer review-a complete kit just as they ship out from 7th Floor. I must say I'm very impressed by the quality of the padded bag that comes with the vape. Considering that a decent brand name hands free box vape will run you at least $150 (maybe $140 on eBay), the DBV, with this nice storage/carry bag, is a real deal for $159. You'd have to be a real wood lover to go with a light weight wooden box unit instead of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
max,

spyder

max said:
I got one of these in the mail the other day to use for a dealer review-a complete kit just as they ship out from 7th Floor. I must say I'm very impressed by the quality of the padded bag that comes with the vape. Considering that a decent brand name hands free box vape will run you at least $150 (maybe $140 on eBay), the DBV, with this nice storage/carry bag, is a real deal for $159. You'd have to be a real wood lover to go with a light weight wooden box unit instead of this.
It is amazing at what you do get for the price ... and the bags are awesome.

There is not much to these DBV... so there is only two things I see and have seen go...

Dimmer switch and the heating element

but the support is great... either send it in for repair or if you are slightly handy... they will send you the repair kit for a DIY

spyder,
Top Bottom