Gear D-nail thread

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
@Baron23 Thanks for the testing and the data, seriously thank you for taking the time and effort to do this!!! I gotta say though, if i ran my sic halo @ 780 id get instaburn big time, i doubt it'd even last long enough to have any material actually vape. Now I'm in no way doubting your numbers but SOMETHING is way off IMO, the numbers are just too high. The liger inserts, every single 1 I've seen, total of 8 now, have ALL had a slight space when they are in the buckets, when jiggled you can hear the inserts rattle, also of the 7 buckets I've seen now, NONE have had anything close to an "aerospace" grade flat bottom, so the liger dishes are also balancing on a point and remember that air is a HORRIBLE heat medium....where the halos, of which I've had 4 now, when the coil is flipped whichever way has the most mechanical bend, and all flat coils do, would have no air gap whatsoever and ultimately yield a MUCH better heat transfer from the coil to the nail. Taking into consideration the coil to insert/dish properties of each, it makes me think those numbers are off even more. The hex nail (and I'm definitely taking its secret sauce crap with a grain of salt) shows ~60-100 degree difference from coil and nail on both nails, under roughly your same conditions. Also another thing to consider is that since this is apples to oranges (different airflows, different surface areas, different pressure levels, etc etc), that having the same actual cook surface temp may (IMO most likely) not be what you want at all.

Again to be clear, I'm not knocking you, your numbers or your methodology, i love trying to figure all these little things out and get all the nails dialed in as tight as possible, I also love figuring out the WHY of the puzzle also so i hope this will keep the investigations and experiments going!!

edited broken logic

herbivore21

Hi Guys (and of course my personal friend and always helpful scientist, @herbivore21) - to review, I found that running my Slim Line with SiC Halo at the same temp set point on my Auber as I use with my Liger 2.0 (20 MM) resulted in a lot of pooling and not very beefy hits (and yes, I'm going for the gusto for pain/sedation and want strong quick dabs).

Now, just intuitively, one can look at the Liger with all of that Ti mass, and in particular the Ti that surrounds the SiC insert vs the Halo where the SiC is highly exposed to ambient air, and can easily speculate that they will have very different thermal models and that the SiC Halo will most likely shed more heat to ambient than the Liger SiC insert. I think it can be expected that the same set point will not result in the same dab surface. But there is speculation and there is data.

So, I got a K-type thermo off of Amazon with a couple of thermocouples and ran some measurements.

(@StormyPinkness - I have the TC you said you are going to get next and don't like it for this application. Probably better for setting in a duct and measuring air temp. I found, based on very little experience tbh, that the best ones to use are the ones that expose the metal wire of the TC and I used this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU29Q3Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).​

Now, it still takes a good while for these TCs to truly settle at their ultimate temp (and yeah, its a PIA to sit there for 5 minutes and hold the tip of the TC in the same exact spot for up to 3-5 minutes maybe??).

Short story, what I speculated above was amply supported by the data.

There are some limitations to the data...if you look at the deltas, you will see that my data is not completely linear which is probably more due to issues holding the TC in exactly the same place, instrument error maybe, air con kicking in, etc and not real non-linearity in the thermal model of the devices....but who really knows (well, at least I don't really know).

Doesn't matter to me as all I'm looking for is roughly where to set the temp on the Halo so I get approx the same dab surface temp as the Liger.

Here is the data.

EX4n87U.jpg

I was surprised at how BIG the difference was between the two but now I know....I need to run my Halo about about 780 or so to get the same dab surface temp as I have been using with my Liger.

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you all.

Cheers
Wow, yeah thanks for sharing this brother, that is very interesting to see! It seems quite clear that something strange is happening with your halo, since d-nails own temp measurements (see below) from the surface of the dish would suggest that if you set your dial at 750f, you'd have a surface temp of ~660f, with a delta of 90f rather than the 239f you measured. I need to get a thermocouple and do some testing with my own!

SiC.jpg

Are you using the same coil in the test on both nails?

Baron23

Are you using the same coil in the test on both nails?
No, as noted in my chart, the Liger is a D-nail 20 mm extended life barrel coil and my Slim Line Halo of course runs D-nail flat coil.

I just tried to flatten my coil a bit more and tighten it all up a bit more....but there wasn't much to be gained in either category.

Its on and heat soaking at 800 F set point and I will re-take my measurement. My only issue with all of that is that while the deltas with the D-nail are not equal at all temps, they are all still in the same general ball park (i.e. 170 to 239) over multiple measurements and nowhere near what I expected.

Yes, I have seen that chart and my data and my experience don't seem to match it, sad to say.

I did, when I first got it, reached out to D-nail about this and got a bit of hand waving about Liger vs Halo mechanical configuration, yada, yada, yada. No real help there.

Let's see what this latest measurement comes out to with my newly tightened up Halo.
would have no air gap whatsoever and ultimately yield a MUCH better heat transfer from the coil to the nail.

You must have flatter coils than mine....I got it as good as its going to get. I subscribe to the @mutten840 school of coil fitting...which is that they should be as tight as reasonably possible....so, my barrel coil on my Liger is fit pretty dang tight.

Here's a pic of my rig:

AD5AJhG.jpg

Baron23

Mods- please forgive the double posts but this is some real time data exchange and I hope we can get an exception.

@herbivore21 and @ensabbahnur - so now, after putting the coil in a vice (yes, I did) and using pliers to get the Slim Line as tight as I dared, I have managed to bring the delta down...just a bit.

Now at 800 set point I get 606 on the dab surface for a 194 delta. I think this is as good as its going to get and ain't nothing like 90 degree per their chart.

I think I have gone as far as possible with trying to tighten this rig up but I'm still open to ideas.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
You must have flatter coils than mine....I got it as good as its going to get. I subscribe to the @mutten840 school of coil fitting...which is that they should be as tight as reasonably possible....so, my barrel coil on my Liger is fit pretty dang tight.

no i mean the air gap between the liger bucket and the insert, a factor id think would definitely increase the loss in transfer. your halo setup seems right on as far as tightness goes, i alway hold it up to a light and make sure there are no spaces, can't do much better then that IMO, but i still don't see ~200 drop from the coil through a sic dish to the surface.

ensabbahnur,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
just for giggles, have you tried taking a reading at the coil with the tc after the heat has soaked? maybe see if the different coils are reading differently when heated?

ensabbahnur,

Baron23

Hi @ensabbahnur - My 2.0 Liger insert does NOT rattle around like some of the early 3.0 did (or perhaps still do). The deltas with the Liger per my measurements are exactly what I would have expected....50 degrees or less (and in fact are definitely less).

but i still don't see ~200 drop from the coil through a sic dish to the surface.

Did is this based on measurements or your estimate based on how your concentrate boils off?

As for where Hex got their offset for the D-nail of 50 degrees (between TC and dab surface), I have no idea.

@herbivore21 - I took all measurements in the same place on the Halo (same to the degree that I could while hand holding the thermometer's TC probe). I tried to stay half way between the outer wall and the inner wall. May or may not be the hottest spot but it seemed reasonable and it really does take a bit of time to get to final temp so I wasn't taking readings at multiple spots to see if there were significant differences.

And thanks guys for participating in this conversation with me...it is baffling.

herbivore21

I subscribe to the @mutten840 school of coil fitting...which is that they should be as tight as reasonably possible....so, my barrel coil on my Liger is fit pretty dang tight.
This reasoning applies to the liger as you say, but also is one of the aspects of the liger which really frustrates me. You cannot get optimal operation from that product unless you assemble your nail with pliers - hence my liger has never, ever been used for travel purposes and never will be. More importantly for our purposes here: This tighter = better approach is not a wise school of thought to follow for a d-nail halo.

You can break a SiC halo by overtightening the titanium nut and then heating the nail up. The nut should be finger tight, the heater should be able to be moved counter clockwise without much effort, but if moved clockwise, should move a little when the nail is cool but should not move readily when the nail is hot. I tighten my halo onto the base only until I feel a little resistance while screwing the nut into place.

Looking at your pic, I do believe your halo is assembled properly (obviously I can't tell how tightly screwed in it is, but follow the above for that). I wonder if your flat coil has an issue, or if your controller has not sufficiently been calibrated for flat coils or perhaps the PID has simply not 'learned' ideal approaches to heating the flat coil?

There has to be something up with the coil or controller in that flat coil sic halo configuration. The nail itself simply can't be the problem - I have owned 2 x sic halos, one since the original beta release before they were publicly available and neither has performed like you describe. I use d-nail controllers, although half of my controllers were purchased before the halos existed and before d-nail really had anything on a flat coil. None of them give me that kind of gulf between dial and dish temps... I will give this one some thought but ultimately, I do think that something needs replacement/calibration in your setup for the halo.

Baron23

just for giggles, have you tried taking a reading at the coil with the tc after the heat has soaked? maybe see if the different coils are reading differently when heated?

I tried and found that to not be feasible as the TC on the flat coil is on the inside of the coil and can't be reached. Both are D-nail coils. The D-nail barrel coil on the Liger behaved just like the Auber coil...that is, same set point resulted in the same vaping experience. Unless my coil's TC is just hosed, I don't thing I have a coil problem.

The nail itself simply can't be the problem - I have owned 2 x sic halos, one since the original beta release before they were publicly available and neither has performed like you describe.

Have you ever taken TC measurments of the dab surface vice set point. Do you have another set of data for comparison?

As we spoke, I did the hand tightening for the reasons you mentioned and got what I got. I did just tighten it up more than that and no cracking of the SiC and I did cut 45 degrees off of the delta but its still 194 degrees at 800 set point.

I do not think its my controller which works perfectly. If anything, perhaps I have a bad TC in the coil that reports a higher temp (K-type TC temps are measured by voltage output....yes??). But please remember, I was not the only one in this thread complaining about having pooling of my concentrates at temps where I would expect them to boil off sharply.

As far as PID not being set for flat coil....as far as I can tell, a flat and a barrel coil are pretty much identical except in the way that they are wound....but electrically the same coil.

Dunno.

More data after flattening and tightening:

Run #2 after flattening and tightening, again, set point, measured dab surface, and resulting delta. I was able to cut it down a bit by flattening and tightening but that's rather the end of that road and my measurements are consistent...well, at least they in the same universe.

Again: set point, dab surface measured temp, the resulting delta.

750 572 178

800 606 194

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I would check your coil temp against your controller temp. Perhaps your delta is truly much less and the problem lies more in between the conrtoller and coil rather than the coil and sic dish.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
@Baron23 All of my data and info is gleaned from literally tens of thousands of dabs, on these 2 nails, within roughly the past year or so. every bit of "data" I've seen on vaping cannabinoids has everything of value burnt off long before we even start talking about the temps your running. my own experience with my first sic halo, following the dnail chart like a monk, resulted in crap performance and i can't even tell you how many burnt grams of concentrate. ended up giving it away thinking it was all hype then after reading these forums and seeing video after video after video after video after video (I stress this as proof is in the pudding) of super chugs at low temps on the sic halo, i knew it was something i was doing wrong, bought another and dropped the temp 150 degrees and the things been a beast ever since, 520-550 is my sweet spot on all my controllers, hex nail, e5cc save 1 and its oddly like 640 and its the only nail that particular controller (high5 pelinail) has issues with. Ive taken the sic halo to many many music festivals and dabbed in everything short of blizzarding snow. The hexnail claims that my dish temps are around 420-450 when I'm getting good chugs on either nail....which lines up (roughly as i know emissivity and all) with hours and hours and hours of futzing with ir guns and timers on bangers over the years. I can say very very comfortably, if you're using everything as stated, with a PREHEATED dnail carb cap, and your not using some esoteric rosin or distillate, and you arenot chugging at <650 on your controller and still somehow have pooling......somethings amiss and it is NOT your nail. I can't say why dnails official chart has it so high for the optimal dish temp, i can't argue their data as all of my values are anecdotal but they have been consistent over a huge "sample set"

and i should also point out i have access to the first sic halo i had and it now chugs every single time also.

herbivore21

Have you ever taken TC measurments of the dab surface vice set point. Do you have another set of data for comparison?

As we spoke, I did the hand tightening for the reasons you mentioned and got what I got. I did just tighten it up more than that and no cracking of the SiC and I did cut 45 degrees off of the delta but its still 194 degrees at 800 set point.

I do not think its my controller which works perfectly. If anything, perhaps I have a bad TC in the coil that reports a higher temp (K-type TC temps are measured by voltage output....yes??). But please remember, I was not the only one in this thread complaining about having pooling of my concentrates at temps where I would expect them to boil off sharply.

As far as PID not being set for flat coil....as far as I can tell, a flat and a barrel coil are pretty much identical except in the way that they are wound....but electrically the same coil.

Dunno.

More data after flattening and tightening:

Run #2 after flattening and tightening, again, set point, measured dab surface, and resulting delta. I was able to cut it down a bit by flattening and tightening but that's rather the end of that road and my measurements are consistent...well, at least they in the same universe.

Again: set point, dab surface measured temp, the resulting delta.

750 572 178

800 606 194
I have not actually done the thermocouple testing (the thermocouples that I have are for lab application, are incredibly expensive and are not rated for dabbing temps, but rather temps used in processing - much lower temps lol).

However, I also do not experience pooling/vapor trails from my SiC halo when assembled identically to yours, using the same kind of 120v d-nail extended life flat coil and a d-nail 1.2 controller at much lower temps than those that you have used (my usual temp would be 520-580f, hard maximum for the SiC halo would be 620f or so). If I raise the temp on the dial to 750f in my configuration, it vapes in an instant flash, and the taste is reliably so bad that I would never dab again if that was my only choice of how to administer it. Remember, I'm dabbing full melt here brother. Full melt tolerates more heat before tasting bad than rosin/solvent extracts. If 6 star full melt tastes bad on a SiC nail, it is WAYYYYY too hot.

Please also remember that my coil is much older than yours, has been heated up for years on end and should be expected to require more juice to get the same heat due to oxidation changing the thermal properties of the metal heater coil over time.

I should clarify that for your situation, if anything needs replacing, it is probably the coil IMO. It is more likely to my mind that the behavior that you are observing is related to a problem with the thermocouple measurement being problematic.

Do you have a buddy with another controller and flat coil heater? I do think it would be very helpful to try the same coil and nail with another controller, and then the same controller and nail with another coil :2c:

I'm gonna talk with my design/engineering friends from d-nail when I get a moment and mention the deltas you're observing, since they really do seem strange to me! I hope that we can get to the bottom of this sooner than later!

I definitely think that the most crucial step in troubleshooting is going to be accessing another controller and coil to isolate the problem :2c:

BTW having your coil as flat as possible should minimize chances of breakage from over-tightening - so it couldn't have hurt that you've done this now :) Please understand that I've been told about SiC halos that have broken from over-tightening on more than one occasion now (although it is not at all common, the overtightening seemed to be significant to achieve this kind of failure!). If that titanium expands too much against the SiC due to assembly which is too tight, it'll eventually break.

@ensabbahnur one thing that we need to recognize is that the d-nail graph does not identify any universally 'optimal temp'. In fact, from their explainer of the dish temp charts:

"Ideal temperature will vary based on the chemical composition of the essential oil you are vaporizing, amount of material being vaporized, and of course your personal tastes"

They go on to explain that:

"For typical use, we suggest using a dish temperature at or below 600°F, so our temperature charts are marked with a horizontal line at that mark. This traces over to the line representing the coolest point on the dish, if you follow this line down, it shows the heater temperature to set on your unit. For example, with the D-NAiL® SiC HALO™, a heater temperature of 695°F will make the coolest part of the dish about 600°F. Depending on your concentrate and preferences, after trying this temperature you may wish to adjust it up or down. For maximum flavor, we suggest using the lowest heater temperature that still provides full vaporization in a reasonable time. Running your unit hotter will vaporize faster, however you will experience a smaller flavor profile due to the destruction of sensitive volatile components."

Source: http://www.d-nail.com/info/science/ (see heater and dish temp analysis section)

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

I have my SiC Halo pretty much dialed in. The sweet spot for me is 620 on the dial. I have an Auber RDK-300 with a flat coil. I have never messed with the controller box at all, i.e. changing factory settings. The dabs for me at 620 have really great flavor. I have no idea what my dish temp is but I see no pooling. I'm going to leave it set like that and forget it. :)

Baron23

@herbivore21 - I agree that if there is any malfunction, it is with the flat coil's TC.

I do not have access to another flat coil. I do have a Omron E5CC controller that I will try later today if I get a chance.

If you do talk to D-nail, I would be very interested in their thoughts as when I brought this up to them via CS contact, they were slightly dismissive.

I did dab last night with it and reduced down to 725 F set point and it was pretty much exactly like the experience I get from my Liger at 585 F set point. I believe I can trim that down a bit more...to maybe 700 but I still have that big delta between set point and coil.

Thanks

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@Baron23 Sorry if this question was already answered in one of your previous posts but...Is your coil temp when checked with a k type thermocouple registering the same temperature as what is displayed on the controller?

In other words...if you set it to 725f is your coil actually settling at this temperature?

nosmoking,

Baron23

Ok guys, round 3. Ran it at 750 with a Greenlight G9 with Omron E5CC PID controller and of course same D-nail Halo and coil. Still in the same ball park so I am calling it on suspicion of a controller issue and, if anything, its the TC in the coil. As long as I know what my dab surface temp is, I don't see this as a major issue (at least not one sufficient to buy another coil for testing).

Owj3Ku4.jpg

@nosmoking - I have found initially that its not easy keep the thermo TC on the little bitty end of the coil (which is where the coil TC is located) and given that the coil TC is the inner loop of the coil, its not accessible when mounted on the Slim Line/Halo.

I could take my Slim Line apart and just try temp without it on a nail, but frankly I have done as much messing around with coil flatness, tightness of the coil to Halo, etc that I'm not taking it apart again.

I will try to see what temp is on an exposed portion of the coil and see if I can get a decent reading. But its going to be off a bit as the coil TC is on the inside and I will only be able to access lengths of the coil that are accessible from the outside and hence exposed to ambient air. Not sure what difference that will make.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Ok guys, round 3. Ran it at 750 with a Greenlight G9 with Omron E5CC PID controller and of course same D-nail Halo and coil. Still in the same ball park so I am calling it on suspicion of a controller issue and, if anything, its the TC in the coil. As long as I know what my dab surface temp is, I don't see this as a major issue (at least not one sufficient to buy another coil for testing).

Owj3Ku4.jpg

@nosmoking - I have found initially that its not easy keep the thermo TC on the little bitty end of the coil (which is where the coil TC is located) and given that the coil TC is the inner loop of the coil, its not accessible when mounted on the Slim Line/Halo.

I could take my Slim Line apart and just try temp without it on a nail, but frankly I have done as much messing around with coil flatness, tightness of the coil to Halo, etc that I'm not taking it apart again.

I will try to see what temp is on an exposed portion of the coil and see if I can get a decent reading. But its going to be off a bit as the coil TC is on the inside and I will only be able to access lengths of the coil that are accessible from the outside and hence exposed to ambient air. Not sure what difference that will make.
All in all, I agree your dab surface temp is what really matters. I was just trying to establish if your controller is calibrated to your coil correctly or not because if not it could explain the rather large delta you were experiencing. I would also recommend fixing the thermo to the coil with a c clamp or vice grips if you have them.

I also was recommending to test the coil without the slim series so it would be more accessible. I actually did this myself last night to check my coil just out of curiousity.

Baron23

@nosmoking , @herbivore21 , and @ensabbahnur - tagging you to see latest results below...bad coil TC, I think.

All in all, I agree your dab surface temp is what really matters. I was just trying to establish if your controller is calibrated to your coil correctly or not because if not it could explain the rather large delta you were experiencing.

Yes, but since I have consistent results with two recognized quality PID controllers (Auber and Omron E5CC) both of which are still on factory settings, I don't think its the controller but it may well be the coil TC reporting erroneously high temps, requiring a higher set point to reach dab surface temp.

I will try to get a reading off of the coil...its still set up and heat soaked.

P.S. Ok, took reading from the portion of the coil as far inward in the spiral as I could get and came up with a reading of 608 F when my controller is showing the coil reporting steady at 750 F. I think my coil has a bad thermocouple.

VwJB9oc.jpg

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I need to get a thermocouple and do some testing with my own!
Me too, it's on the way again as the shipping crapped out the first time.

@Baron23 I hope the new thermocouple solves your issue. I think I'm experiencing the same thing though, so it will be good to have another set of data points. I will also add that this dynamic is why I decided that a two coil setup is probably going to be best for huge dab/flower hit combos, also on the way can't wait.

:science:

Baron23

@Baron23 I hope the new thermocouple solves your issue.

When you say thermocouple...do you mean the TC in the coil or the TC used with the thermometer.

I ask cause the thermometer is just fine and if D-nail (who I have not yet contacted) doesn't agree to warranty the coil, then I'm just going to keep on using it with set points that work for me.

Cheers

Ok, below is the msg I sent to D-nail. We will see what they say. Not a life threatening issue in any case, yeah? LOL
================
Hi D-nail, on 7 July I placed an order and received a Slim Line, SiC Halo, carb cap, and 20 mm flat coil under order 100076253.

I was on travel for a bit and didn’t get to it right away, but on 11 July I contacted D-nail to question why I needed to run my Slim Line/Halo at a much higher temp than my Liger 2.0 w-SiC in order to get the same rate of boil (apparent dab temp, if you will).

D-nail replied with the logically obvious, i.e. the mechanical design of these two devices are much different and thermal dissipation properties (heat in from coil, heat out to ambient…yeah) would be much different. I couldn’t disagree.

However, I bought a nice K-type TC thermometer and started taking some readings. My Liger had the expected 40-50 degrees F delta between the reported coil temp (the controller set point) and measured dab surface temp. My D-nail, however, showed a much greater delta and one that well exceeds anything shown in the chart on your website and exceeds the experience of some long time, highly analytical D-nail users including Herbivore21 on FC.com (I believe that Herbivore actually may have done some beta testing for you and knows some of your engineers).

As you can see, in the data below, the delta was as as high as 240 F degrees.

I then attempted to ensure that my coil was as flat as possible (the TC was sticking up to one side) so as to have the best conduction between the coil and the SiC Halo. I also reassembled it a bit tighter although I am cautious as I don’t want to have my Halo crack as the Ti heats up. This reduced the delta by about 40 – 60 degrees and can be seen in Run #2 data below.

Directly, below is a pic of my assembled device which I believe is correct and tight.​

AD5AJhG.jpg

I then ran the D-nail with a different controller (Auber RDK-300 initially and a Greenlight Omron E5CC) and found that the measurements correlated well so I do not think I have any issues with my controller.

I then took a temperature measurement directly off of the coil. With a flat coil, much of the coil is not accessible but I took this reading at the point with the spiral goes under the outer loop of the coil, this being most likely the hottest spot I could access without disassembling my nail (which I’m not real anxious to do as its well assembled now). With the set point stable at 750, and the controller reporting that the coil TC is saying it’s at 750, a direct measurement on the coil came up with a temp of 608 F for a delta of 187 degrees F….which should not be.

I believe, at this point, that I have a bad TC in my coil that is reporting erroneously higher temps back to my controller. Of course, I am interested in D-nail’s view but I do think this is my culprit at this point.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.​

VwJB9oc.jpg

I appreciate everyone's input and attempts to help. :tup::clap::nod:

Last edited:

herbivore21

@Baron23 I agree with your suspicions man, as we've said in each of our more recent posts, this seems to be a problem with the coil thermocouple. It also seems that our friend @grokit may have experienced the same issue.

I wonder if a batch/part of a batch of flat coils have a fault in the TC? If so, this issue would be one that might elude QC processes (I am not familiar with those to be honest, however), depending on what those processes entail. It may be that future coils will require individual testing with an external thermocouple to verify that temp measurement at the coil thermocouple is in the ballpark within reasonable tolerances. In any case, I am sure that d-nail will understand that there is a problem now. :)

Last edited:

Baron23

I agree with your suspicions man, as we've said in each of our more recent posts, this seems to be a problem with the coil thermocouple. It also seems that our friend @grokit may have experienced the same issue.

I wonder if a batch/part of a batch of flat coils have a fault in the TC? If so, this issue would be one that might elude QC processes (I am not familiar with those to be honest, however), depending on what those processes entail. It may be that future coils will require individual testing with an external thermocouple to verify that temp measurement at the coil thermocouple is in the ballpark within reasonable tolerances. In any case, I am sure that d-nail will understand that there is a problem now. :)
Oh, man....I was coming on here to see if I could delete my prior post....I don't think I needed to make that public nor do D-nail...who have not even had a chance to respond...deserve that.

Big deal...it MAY be a coil. Seriously, sorry to have made a Federal case out of this.

Gigsabits53

Oh, man....I was coming on here to see if I could delete my prior post....I don't think I needed to make that public nor do D-nail...who have not even had a chance to respond...deserve that.

Big deal...it MAY be a coil. Seriously, sorry to have made a Federal case out of this.

I hope you gets things figured out. It does seem like it would be the coil but who knows. Good luck. :)

Justpassedu

Has anyone or can anyone help me out with wiring a high5 coil to the D-nail standard ?

Justpassedu,

Eatrocks

sure you can, just go directly to hive as this was never a d-nail product to begin with. But, tbh id take this as yet another opportunity to go with a a sic halo and v2 cap, once ceramic starts cracking thats the last it should see a torch imo

Well I've been torching off it still, it's that old bonjour torch I use sometimes, burns too hot even on low flame. It's cracked a tiny bit more but still hairline.

Top Bottom