Customized vape setups

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Wow... that looks nice, Pappy. :o Congrats!

Now repeat after me: My name is Pappy, and I'm a glassaholic.

Do you mind saying how much that one was? It's piqued my curiosity.

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu said:
Pappy said:
It was $225.

And how much is it now? (2011 dollars adjusted for inflation, of course)
Not for sale! If it truly is one of a kind I won't be able to estimate its future value for a year or so. And it gets me so damn high I'd have to entertain a really sick offer to sell it.

Pappy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Pappy said:
Not for sale! If it truly is one of a kind I won't be able to estimate its future value for a year or so. And it gets me so damn high I'd have to entertain a really sick offer to sell it.

:(

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu said:
Pappy said:

:(
Stu,
I invite you to become an ALT sniper. Simply memorize the inventory on the left, zero in on your preferred brand and model, and BUY before the next guy! :D
ZfeWxu4ZeURblmJ4RdE3EQB3F6sLu8JU_m.png

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

I really like the way the donut looks and had a question for you Pappy. Does or will it hold ice?

I really hate when you see a nice tube, especially worked ones, then you see ice pinches. I feel like they are a crude in design, I mean they are just deforming the glass in order to hold ice, when they could be innovative and use a beefed up splash guard or a donut like design.

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
I really like the way the donut looks and had a question for you Pappy. Does or will it hold ice?

I really hate when you see a nice tube, especially worked ones, then you see ice pinches. I feel like they are a crude in design, I mean they are just deforming the glass in order to hold ice, when they could be innovative and use a beefed up splash guard or a donut like design.
I totally agree! It's not in the piece's curriculum vitae but I expect the donut will stand up to ice just fine. You can be sure I'll test that and report back to you, Stinky. ;)

Pappy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Pappy,
I'm new to custom glass. Can you give the url? I'd like to check it out.

:peace:

Stu,

stinkmeaner

Pappy said:
stinkmeaner said:

I totally agree! It's not in the piece's curriculum vitae but I expect the donut will stand up to ice just fine. You can be sure I'll test that and report back to you, Stinky. ;)

I am glad to hear someone else agrees. I don't mind them on a simple tube or beaker, if they color them they can actual add a little character, but when you see a high end tube with these indents, it takes away from the incredible shaping of the artists work.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

The colored ice pinches look better than clear ones to me, in fact they are the only ones I can stand as long at they are on a simple tube. My first real tube was a ROOR with clear red ice pinches and a red label, it looked clean. It is just when I see something nice, like my friends Toro Circ to Circ, which has ice pinches which I feel take away from the design. They (Toro) could easily of made a heavy duty splash-guard to hold ice.

Frankly I am surprised that ice pinches have stuck around so long, I would have thought they would have went the way of the "grommet" or "carb hole" and disappear or be banished to Europe and European tubes, but they are still hanging around and even on tubes that cost thousands of dollars.

stinkmeaner,

Nycdeisel

You are right! Though I wouldnt say they take away from the tube(they can add some drag but that shouldn't really make much of a difference). I never understood why people would use ice on a piece that is designed to have a lot of diffusion.

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
Nycdeisel said:
I never understood why people would use ice on a piece that is designed to have a lot of diffusion.
Which begs the question, I always considered ice is diffusion. SM more or less validated this in a earlier part of this thread.

Bear in mind my BW tube is only 11". But I'll bet you dollars to donuts :lol: it's a stabile ice catcher.
Cube size is critical. :p Only a 32mm bore.

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

I agree, on that tube the donut would work as a nice ice catcher(if you like ice).

and dry diffusion is interesting but I dont know much about it tbh.

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
Nycdeisel said:
and dry diffusion is interesting
That's why I said the piece reminded me of unfiltered vaping -- which I have al but forgotten in past months. The tube's inline uses approximately one ounce of water which is obviously how Ben designed it.

I'll ice catch with the donut this weekend and post a vid and report.

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

Nycdeisel said:
You are right! Though I wouldnt say they take away from the tube(they can add some drag but that shouldn't really make much of a difference). I never understood why people would use ice on a piece that is designed to have a lot of diffusion.

When I say "take away" I just meant visually, but now that you mention it, if you fill a tube with lots of big ice cubes then you will drastically change the air volume and potentially add drag. I don't really use ice, but when I do then I use crushed ice which settles in the water and if anything will add to the diffusion and since it settles in the water, it doesn't block any air flow or change the air volume of the tube.

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
Nycdeisel said:

When I say "take away" I just meant visually, but now that you mention it, if you fill a tube with lots of big ice cubes then you will drastically change the air volume and potentially add drag. I don't really use ice, but when I do then I use crushed ice which settles in the water and if anything will add to the diffusion and since it settles in the water, it doesn't block any air flow or change the air volume of the tube.
But crushed ice can screw up your glassworks! I'm actually an lwein-ee, I prefer hot water. :D Buy I'll experiment with ice shots for science. ;)

Pappy,

Shiz

Ben Wilson inline bub on a tube. That thing looks so clean. You take some pretty nice photos of your glass, Pappy.

Shiz,

blackbur

:brow:
i need some coffee after seeing all these donuts.

nice inlines pappy..always thought about getting a tube with inline diffusion..toro..hvy.

blackbur,

Nycdeisel

Nice bubbler, how is it pappy? I was considering that piece(saw what I believe to be a BW black and white version of that bub) not long ago

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom