Customized vape setups

hereatlast

Wow that's a deal :o

Especially when you scroll down and see a VG straight for a hundred more. I'd imagine that Syn has more people in their arsenal allowing for cheaper prodo. pieces though. Can't wait to get my VG circ as well, all his work looks super clean. Those trees SM posted in the VXC thread look awesome as well.

jimbo, how often do you use your PD (or other log vape can't tell) with your glass? You ever have trouble milking a piece with it? I've found that the quality of the product has to be top-knotch to really milk a bigger piece.

hereatlast,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ohhhh... That looks nice! I think that is probably a great price, judging by what I have seen locally. Have you bought from them in the past? I wonder how long to get to New England with their free shipping.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, dumb, older guy question... What exactly does a perc do? It also seems to be quite a nice price for good glass AND a perc and diffused stem. All the ones like that I have seen the past few days were at least $200. I wonder why this piece is so cheap?

I like either the rasta label or the black. I want one!

Tstat,

jimbo

winterize
hereatlast said:
Wow that's a deal :o

Especially when you scroll down and see a VG straight for a hundred more. I'd imagine that Syn has more people in their arsenal allowing for cheaper prodo. pieces though. Can't wait to get my VG circ as well, all his work looks super clean. Those trees SM posted in the VXC thread look awesome as well.

jimbo, how often do you use your PD (or other log vape can't tell) with your glass? You ever have trouble milking a piece with it? I've found that the quality of the product has to be top-knotch to really milk a bigger piece.

Actually I don't use the PD quite as often since I picked up the Supreme, but when I do high quality herb and/or kief topped stems to milk up a larger glass piece, my VG piece is my favorite with the PD, seems to be the right size.

Can't wait to see pics of your custom piece, can't get get enough of VG!

Ohhhh... That looks nice! I think that is probably a great price, judging by what I have seen locally. Have you bought from them in the past? I wonder how long to get to New England with their free shipping.

Never had the opportunity to buy from Chicokush but probably will in the future, they do have pretty good prices! I'm guessing that their shipping would be 5-10 work days for your glass to get to you, but probably best to shoot them an email and see....

jimbo,

Nycdeisel

There are many different types of percs, and generally DOME type percs are the lowest in regard to all percs, thats why its cheap, even though its good quality.

A perc is just another level of water diffusion that is BUILT INTO the neck of the tube.

In my opinion its extremely unnecessary to have more then one level of water diffusion for vapor, but thats just me, everyones different....

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Nycd... I was just reading your post to me in that other thread. I posted the wrong link. I wanted to post the one with the perc that is here. That looks very cool. One of the places I went today had SYN, and I am sure they started at $200.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Indeed. They just wrote to me and said it will be 7-10 days to get to me. Maybe I should just go for this instead of waiting for an HVY to come in locally. I don't need a perc, I guess- but it's cool!

Tstat,

jimbo

winterize
jimbo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

glass vape. custom bubbler.

pappy:

It's 16", a little more than I was contemplating.

congrats on your purchase! i would be interested to know if you think its too big after you have had a chance to try it out.

i think the sgw waffle, and the stemline from sg, designs are really effective. is it better to get a straight tube with splash guard, (waffle or stemline), or a bubbler style, (waffle or stemline) for vaping with the SV, and possibly, the VXC?

notmyrealUSERname,

Nycdeisel

@ tstat
The dome perc is defintely not bad for that price, and you dont always have to fill the perc either, you could sometimes just use the diffused downstem and leave the perc dry. Not a bad price, compared to that other Syn for $110. If you like it, I say go for it! :)

Nycdeisel,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
notmyrealUSERname wrote:

glass vape. custom bubbler.

Nice piece of work! I'll surely let you know.

thanks, i like it because its so unique - its just different! and there's lots to look at on it. there is a marble on the bottom too!

if you think that your new stemline is too big, then i would be willing take that "POS" off your hands, at a discounted price of course! :lol:

yah right eh!

anyways, i heard that the temp of the water plays a large role in how big a stack of bubbles you can get. let me know what your record stack of bubbles is! i wonder if it can reach the splash guard...

notmyrealUSERname,

jimbo

winterize
Seen a few of vids on youtube of bubble stacking, was amazed but couldn't seem to stack as high until recently and you're right about the water temp, seems that the best stacks I could get was with slightly cool water... anyways thought I'd put up a quick vid, sorry for the poor quality, old camcorder...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6LFV5x7c0

jimbo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, so which of these is better:

SYN 38mm Mini Straight Dome Perc
http://www.chicokush.com/products/SYN-38mm-Mini-Straight-Dome-Perc.html

SYN 38mm Mini Straight Dome Perc

14" tall, sizes vary

38x4mm tubing

18/14 diffusor

14.5mm stock bowl

Ice notches

OR:

18 inch Beaker with Percolator from Chunky Glass
http://www.chunkyglasspipes.com/18-inch-beaker-with-percolat18.html

18 inch beaker water pipe with triple diffused tree percolator, diffused downstem and ice daggers. Comes with 19mm glass on glass bowl. Super thick 50mm heavy wall pyrex.

***I know one is a beaker and the one is straight. Not sure what difference that makes. Also, the SYN has a Straight Dome Perc, and the Chunky has a triple diffused tree perc. I imagine the tree perc is better? The Chunky one is 50mm thick vs. 38mm for the SYN. I am not sure who makes the Chunky glass, and I know in the past the company had some bad press regarding delivering what is bought, I think that is cleared up now.

I spent days looking around locally, and could not find anything as nice as these two for under $200.

Tstat,

OC513

Dabaholic
Tstat......the 38mm and 50mm do not refer to thickness of the glass......they refer to the circumference of the tube itself. In general a straight tube will clear more quickly than a beaker. This all comes down to choice. Get whatever you like best. If it was me I would go with the SYN for vapor as it is a smaller bore tube, shorter and not a beaker bottom which adds up to less volume which in turn will make it easier to milk with vapor and will clear faster.......it is also 4mm thick glass which is good......the other one does not say how thick it is. This truly is a personal choice tho......whichever tube you like better is the one you should get......both seem to be solid tubes a good price point.

OC513,

hereatlast

+ 2.

Man I'm glad this thread got revived, my wallet and girlfriend have been giving me shifty looks for a while now though :lol:

hereatlast,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, sounds like the SYN gets all the votes, or at least so far, hehe. I trust you guys as far as these matters go. I have been using traditional methods since the seventies, but now that I am in the world of smart usage, I need to learn all these new terms and such. I can't say how much this forum has helped in the last weeks :peace:

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
The guys at Chunky just emailed me back and said that item is out of stock, anyway. I suggested that they update their website. Wife gets back today, I think I'll tell her I already ordered it and see how that goes, hehe. She thinks I'm nuts as it is. Another tube of Widow and back to cleaning the house :)

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

That perc plus beaker is a recipe for a draggy disaster! And its all china glass on that Chunky site.

Chikokush, ALT, and Etsy is where I think you should be spending your time looking! Good luck! Let me know if you have questions!

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom