Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Waiting for the switch to decide the final form. :mental:
It will definitely have some rounding. And a lot of fine sandpaper.
Had a broken crafty, out of warranty ...
Battery connected with switch directly to crafty heating system,
fully charged batt, takes approx. 1m30s reaching 180º.
:brow:...control with the button ...:brow:
This week I haven't used another vaporizer yet ...
2 or 3 sony vtc6/day is enough.
Vapor quality? It's the crafty!
No more red/green/yellow:disgust:

https://imgur.com/bRvj2Yr
bRvj2Yr.jpg

Last edited:

Grepper

Truth to prevail
We gonna get a new thread for the new SB vape? It looks like there will be a new/upgraded Crafty coming soon! Would love to see more discussion here..

Grepper,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I'll beta test it, if I get it for free. :D I already had a "you don't own it, you rent it" Crafty.

If I have to pay full price, i'll let others do the beta testing. Sorry.
They will update all models aside from the volcano, that just got its update with the hybrid, in the next time to come, is my bet. And I still hope they come up with something good for concentrates, is my wish.

Sick Vape,

CANtalk

Over three years in on Crafty here and it's still going well. I have a new battery waiting for it with the harness (for a quick swap). That IG picture has a similar front bottom look and appears similarly finned. An updated Crafty will be sweet :nod:.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I see a crafty with changeable batteries.
The side pick reveals a shorter pcb for bottom battery replacement:mental:

Milo

Given that the Crafty is newer than the Mighty, wouldn't it make the most sense to update the Mighty? From the teaser images, it looks like it could be a Mighty with Crafty-style lights and a flat bottom. They'd probably get rid of the screen and do two preset temperatures adjusted with the app. It'd be nice to see some improvement of materials but that seems a little unlikely since they already have several product safety certifications.

Milo,

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I love the screen of the mighty and that it doesn't require an app and an additional smartphone. It is so simple you can give it to someone and say it is a vaporiser. They will be able to figure out how it works.

But the last picture of S&B instagram clearly is a Crafty (-update). Maybe They call it Crafty-Disco now or something. :D

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anticipation sure can be a significant part of a product's market cycle!

Having lived through 4 rma'd Crafty's before finally settling in for years with a single Mighty, my hope for Crafty would be a more 'robust' unit that can put up with the same use pattern its' big brother can. Or have they done that already while I've been off carousing with other vapes?

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Anticipation sure can be a significant part of a product's market cycle!

Having lived through 4 rma'd Crafty's before finally settling in for years with a single Mighty, my hope for Crafty would be a more 'robust' unit that can put up with the same use pattern its' big brother can. Or have they done that already while I've been off carousing with other vapes?
Exactly my wish too. A Crafty with the performance of the Mighty and the durability of the original Volcano. :D

Sick Vape,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I still keep my Crafty in my weekly rotation. I don’t use it daily, but once or twice a week I enjoy it for sipping and relaxing. Even with its shortcomings, I still enjoy using it, when I have the time.

I can get several things done while I wait for it to heat up. Change a lightbulb. Take the dog for a walk.
Make dinner.

I would love to see the new version heat up in under a minute. I would also love if it got a little hotter (maybe 430 F)

The app doesn’t bother me - I sometimes open it just to see it slowly heat up - but two preset temps is enough for me. I keep it at 370F and boost to 410F.

I do wonder how much they are going to price the new one... The current one is $279. If it’s over $300, I am going to pass (for now). Then again, if they aren’t dropping a new Mighty along with it, it will probably still be priced lower than the Mighty, so maybe $299 is where it will be.

Just babbling a little while waiting for the new one to drop... feel free to babble with me.

Last edited:

david8613

I still keep my Crafty in my weekly rotation. I don’t use it daily, but once or twice a week I enjoy it for sipping and relaxing. Even with its shortcomings, I still enjoy using it, when I have the time.

I can get several things done while I wait for it to heat up. Change a lightbulb. Take the dog for a walk.
Make dinner.

I would love to see the new version heat up in under a minute. I would also love it it got a little hotter (maybe 430 F)

The app doesn’t bother me - I sometimes open it just to see it slowly heat up - but two preset temps is enough for me. I keep it at 370F and boost to 410F.

I do wonder how much they are going to price the new one... The current one is $279. If it’s over $300, I am going to pass (for now). Then again, if they aren’t dropping a new Mighty along with it, it will probably still be priced lower than the Mighty, so maybe $299 is where it will be.

Just babbling a little while waiting for the new one to drop... feel free to babble with me.

I heard somewhere its gonna be 400.00! :o if this is true I am thinking a new mighty will be around 500.00! better start saving guys!

david8613,

blackstone

Any pics of the actual unit in the wild?

I was waiting for the same people who found those leaked photographs of the Volcano Hybrid,
or perhaps someone that knows how to see a patent that's just been filed!
Until then, it seems about every 5-7 days they're giving another clue.....

Make dinner.

I would love to see the new version heat up in under a minute. I would also love if it got a little hotter (maybe 430 F)

Me too, I use mine for trips to my friends or when out cycling.
It's got some great vapor for the size, i wasn't happy with the effects of other portables outdoors and the capsules sealed it.
Maybe I got a bit lucky, buying mine cheap secondhand with 30mins on it, I now have nearly 80hrs with no issue.
The heat time isn't always a big prob for me but maybe I'm a bit distracted while I'm out and about!
I suppose when in a rush I do wish for faster heat!

That teaser video shows a vape seemingly heating, for a period of 3 seconds, if that means anything.
Then when it heats to green, it's flashing. The Crafty just went solid when it heated, so is this an on demand type set up with fast heat time, and a requirement to hurry up and take your draws when it gets to heat?
Just something I thought about.
I was also looking at the tags for clues and there is one that says #tech, and #technology. while it doesn't give much away it suggests considerable differences in some areas, maybe heating!?

david8613

Cannot wait to see what its gonna be like! My first s&b device was a plenty which is absolutely awesome, my second was the mighty equally awesome, my third s&b device which I just purchased today is the volcano classic, I haven't used it yet but will tonight. All that's left for me to get Is the crafty. What I love about s&b is the dosing capsules work across the whole line, I love dosing capsules!

Am I turning into a storz-bickel fan boy???

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

I wish they would focus some attention to using less plastic especially on the cooling unit. It can not be good to inhale vapor from a hot cooling unit.

Vape_Or_Die420,

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Ah, the Disco-Crafty is called Crafty plus. Plus what? Plus concentrates? (I am dreaming) or just another 20% more Ah?

In defence of S&B, the plastic is fantastic plastic and approved for the temperatures present in the vaporizer. There is plastic and plastic.

Top Bottom