Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Modicum

I want to gift my Crafty to a friend . I have the app. and don't know the protocol for doing so. Can he intern download his own app.? transfer mine? How would he adjust temps? Anyone have any ideas. I assume the S&B would cancel the warranty too.

Modicum,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I want to gift my Crafty to a friend . I have the app. and don't know the protocol for doing so. Can he intern download his own app.? transfer mine? How would he adjust temps? Anyone have any ideas. I assume the S&B would cancel the warranty too.
Your friend can download the app and connect to the Crafty no problem. I wouldn't worry about the warranty either. It's made to be disconnected/reconnected to devices, so it wouldn't void the warranty.

:peace:

sundaddy

I was told I would have to wait until the unit gives problems before I could be considered for an upgrade to a Mighty...Oh well, I'll have fun putting this thing through the gauntlet!
On the above...I think as long as you give your friend the receipt they can make warranty claims.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I was told I would have to wait until the unit gives problems before I could be considered for an upgrade to a Mighty
Hey, sorry about that.
I meant to also mention to you that they produce just about identical vapor. So you're not missing out on that score! It's in most all other ways that Mighty, imo, is a better vape.
Enjoy!

vapviking,
Reactions: sundaddy

Pyetro

hello! i just replaced the battery of my crafty following in details all the instruction found on a archived thread in this channel. I bought exactly the same battery found on the device (ending with PF, but 2900mAh instead of 2700 mAh).

I put my crafty on charge and everything was fine, until after a couple hours it suddenly stopped blue blink and the blue light became still. I tried it, it reached about 140 c then turned off. as soon as I tried to recharge again, it started to red/green blink... this should mean that the charger is inadequate, but Im using the same charger used in past, I also tried many other cables and charger unsuccessfully :(

Since I bought a pair of those batteries, I tried to replace it again, now it doesn't charge at all and immediately start blink in red/green..

anyone has any suggestion for me? my crafty was bought in december 2015, so not one of the latest models.

thanks in advance!

sundaddy

I wonder if a 2700mah battery would work? I'm highly unqualified in this area though. Are you using the power supply that came with the Crafty?

sundaddy,

seki

With the release of the new Volcano Hybrid, it looks like there was also a new App released that seems to support both the Hybrid and the Crafty. The separate Crafty-only app is still on both the App Store and Google Play as far as I can tell. Has anyone tried the new app with their Crafty yet? Mine has been loaned to a friend and I don't have it on hand. Also, does anyone know if this is the App to use going forward or will the Crafty only app continue to be updated? I'd guess that it will eventually be phased out, as maintaining two apps that do the exact same thing probably doesn't make sense financially. Here are the links to the app for anyone interested:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.storz_bickel.app.sbapp2&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/s-b-app/id1469860326

seki,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
With the release of the new Volcano Hybrid, it looks like there was also a new App released that seems to support both the Hybrid and the Crafty. The separate Crafty-only app is still on both the App Store and Google Play as far as I can tell. Has anyone tried the new app with their Crafty yet? Mine has been loaned to a friend and I don't have it on hand. Also, does anyone know if this is the App to use going forward or will the Crafty only app continue to be updated? I'd guess that it will eventually be phased out, as maintaining two apps that do the exact same thing probably doesn't make sense financially. Here are the links to the app for anyone interested:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.storz_bickel.app.sbapp2&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/s-b-app/id1469860326
Just downloaded it. Seems pretty similar to the original although now the total number of hours includes minutes, which is nice.
I have an older version, so I am not able to change the session timer which would have been nice.
It won’t let you run both apps simultaneously, so I just deleted the old one. My guess is they will go forward with new one since the description says “One app. Two devices.”
Thanks for sharing... maybe a new Crafty is close (ugh, I hope not, I don’t want to want ANOTHER new vape.)

justcametomind

Checking in just to say that my rarely used 2 years old Crafty with 36 hours under the belt is still going strong.
I treated it like a baby: no back to back sessions EVER, stock temps (180/195C) all the times, always waited for it to cool down completely before loading another bowl. It still takes under 2 minutes to heat to 180C (I'd say 1'45''). I think it's a great result.

The iPhone Crafty-only app has been removed from the App Store a few days ago, also the Apple watch one.
I came across an advertising pic from S&B yesterday and there was an Apple Watch displayed with a generic "smartwatch app" claim, so that's going to come back. Quite useless since to my understanding it didn't connect directly to the vape, but only to the phone Which had to have the Crafty app already open. If that's going to change it could be nice to have it again. The biggest add to the new Crafty (&Hybrid Cano) app is imho the possibility to leave the vape bluetooth signal on indefinitely, that means such a feature could be added.

justcametomind,

justcametomind

After a session, I realized that even if connected to my powerbank my Crafty started recharging only when the temperature was under 50 degrees Celsius.
Edit: not sure it’s just a bug. Looked at the app again and no blinking in the app. And didn’t connect either. With the old app, when recharging the connection was always on.
More testing required.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

MGG

After a session, I realized that even if connected to my powerbank my Crafty started recharging only when the temperature was under 50 degrees Celsius.
Edit: not sure it’s just a bug. Looked at the app again and no blinking in the app. And didn’t connect either. With the old app, when recharging the connection was always on.
More testing required.

Sometimes if it's overheated it won't charge.
It's a safety measure, usually on the mighty an error message will appear as well.
It's usually not an issue.
If you are almost always getting it, then it could be a sign your unit is defective.

justcametomind

My unit never had this issue. I think the reason is that now the bt signal can be turned on all the time. If you don't, imho it now turns off after a while, but now, also when recharging. With the old app bt was always on when the unit was wired.
It's app related.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

sean88

I've had my Crafty for ~3yrs without any issues. Recently S&B upgraded their app and it did not autodetect the Crafty any longer and it is asking for a serial#. Problem is that the tag on the bottom of the unit has come off and I can't find any of the original box materials so I am w/o the serial number. Anyone else hit this and is there a workaround to getting the unit top connect to my iPhone.

Thanks
Sean

sean88,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've had my Crafty for ~3yrs without any issues. Recently S&B upgraded their app and it did not autodetect the Crafty any longer and it is asking for a serial#. Problem is that the tag on the bottom of the unit has come off and I can't find any of the original box materials so I am w/o the serial number. Anyone else hit this and is there a workaround to getting the unit top connect to my iPhone.

Thanks
Sean

When I manually Connect using the Settings screen of the app, my current serial number is there along with the serial number of my last Crafty.

Polarbearboy,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

Thanks
Sean
I feel for you Sean. I remember a few people talking about that earlier in the thread. My OG serial number was worn off when I sent in my faulty one. My replacement has much stronger ink.

Sorry, that is of zero help to you, but if you dig back in the thread, there may (or may not) be a solution. Or, better yet - reach out to S&B if you haven’t already, this definitely has happened before, they may have a way to help.

Jill NYC,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
My Unregulated Wood Crafty with Replaceable Batteries
https://imgur.com/3xLoCZ1

3xLoCZ1.jpg

Top Bottom