• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Core 2.0 - Divine Tribe/SZ Crossing

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Matt at Divine Tribe will be releasing a second version of the Core erig soon. The new version will have an improved base for faster heat up with a new heater that can use Matt's upcoming V5 cup. It's a ceramic cup that heats your concentrate from the bottom and the sides!

I love my current Core so I can't wait to try the upgrade. The V5 cup alone is exciting and I understand that you can use it in an older Core also.

Here are some links Matt created a few weeks ago about the Core 2.0. They are hoping for a late November or early December release. I'll post back when I get a chance to try one out.

BabyFacedFinster

I just picked up one of the proto V5 coils. Right off the bat, I like the size and shape of the bucket. Compared to the Ti Core bucket, it seems shallower. Being shallower, it is easier for me to wipe a small dab off the dabber.

Fired off a powerful tasty hit on my usual white setting. Cleaned up easily with a qtip, no stains. Gonna try the other settings now. The Core outer housing with the carb cap fits easily around the V5 coil, no problems installing. I'll get back after some practice.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity. Let's go racin'

BabyFacedFinster

I have been using the V5 regularly for the last few days and enjoying it. I usually only load up a half rice grain at a time. I find the blue, which is the second lowest setting, to be too low in generating a good hit, although some nice terp flavor. But I also find the next white setting to be too much heat on session mode. By the time the session mode buzzes peak temp, the dabs taste a bit overdone for me and are too hot. Now I'll start a session mode just to get it going and warming up, then stop it before it reaches peak temp or pulse the botton to fine tune the hit. Still swabs out pretty clean.

Haven't even opened the box on the regular V5 that I bought from the wait list. This might be easier for me than a pico+V5+hubble bubble set up. Only time (and practice) will tell.

BabyFacedFinster

HVT now has the compatable V5s in stock. Can't wait for the whole upgrade on the Core unit itself, but for now the V5 is a great improvement on the old Ti bucket.

Boreus

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Looks like it's live. Saw this on instagram:

crossingtech

The Core 2.0 has shipped and is on the way to distributors!

@divinetribevaporizers - US
@discountenails - US
@humboldtvapetech - US
@theherbcafe - Canada
@recvapes - UK

- Fully heated ceramic cup
- Four heat settings
- Improved heat time and longer sessions
- Vortex Airflow
- Unbreakable carb cap with tether
- Upgraded carry case

- New upgrade bubbler coming soon!

Thanks for the update. I own an overpriced Oura (copy of Peak design), don’t like it or use it much. I like to support Matt and his ventures, so I’m definitely getting one of these. Matt and DT, don’t seem to get the credit he deserves for continuing to come up with super affordable products that work great. For fun I even bought one of the old Gen2 dry herb atomizers, it worked very well, granted I have more preferable devices, but someone on a tight budget would get solid results. Look forward to seeing some reviews here.

BabyFacedFinster

A word of warning when deciding the clean the V5 heater. I ended up breaking this tiny ceramic insulator that has now left it unusable until replaced. It takes some doing to really clean the unit when it gets all gummed up with reclaim on the outside of the cup. Here is a video that DT posted to show how to clean it.

The V5 that is compatable with the Core is constructed different from the mod based V5. At 0:35 in the video you'll see the tiny ceramic insulator that fits under the threaded metal post. While trying to remove it, the piece split in half. I am still trying to explain to the DT staff which piece needs to be replaced as they don't list it in the V5 parts replacement page of the website. Probably because the unit is so new. It seems pretty thin and fragile so I might want to pick up a few of them. At 1:40 you'll also see another thin white ceramic insulator that sits under the central screw. That seems fragile too so be careful when tighting that screw.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Just looked at the site again. Doesn’t seem to list any glass domes for the V5 for 510 mods, like the ones I have for the V4, wonder if the V4 glass domes will fit and work on the V5?

Shadewarrior

I got mine a couple hours ago so far I'm really happy with it but so far I'd recommend only using blue and green with hash rosin my first dab on white with some hash rosin stained the crucible quite a bit.

androponic

vaped.
I got mine a couple hours ago so far I'm really happy with it but so far I'd recommend only using blue and green with hash rosin my first dab on white with some hash rosin stained the crucible quite a bit.
nice thing about the new V5 cups you can burn off anything and get them pearly white again. just watch your resistance setting on your mod or you will pop the heater but Matt has settings on the ineedhemp site and also the discord server is popular for help with all DT stuff.

heres a video matt made.

i see this was also posted above, sorry if you already knew this stuff.

Last edited:

Shadewarrior

Ya I've been following awhile and knew that but it's always good to restate it. in all honesty the stain doesn't really effect the taste for me but I also thought it was worth stating my experience with the temperatures so far too.

androponic

vaped.
i still have a couple of the original core units but have the V5 coils in them. wondering if it is a worthwhile upgrade to have the new settings. maybe someone with both can elaborate on this?

androponic,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
stained the crucible quite a bit.
you can burn off anything and get them pearly white again
Not by the look of the above video...still stained after burn-off cleaning...like most ceramic bowls it stains but takes a long time to build up to the point it affects taste...still looks crap though. :2c:

florduh

I've also seen staining with hash rosin on the v5. Dry firing can get it somewhat clean, but I've given up on that. I'll just grab some Dark Crystal when it starts to bother me.

Really impressed with the atty overall. The whole vape cost less than a single Puffco Peak 3d atty, for basically the same tech.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Puffco Peak 3d atty
I rarely go V1, my Peak Pro is awesome, OG ceramic that does not char due to full temp control and they have a 3d ceramic now too, SiC and Quartz JCVap work with it well when I want to be a yobbo!
SMOOTH SIC BUCKET
Sounds great as the only downside of a Peak Pro is the price and availability outside of the US.
Looking forward to more reviews...a V5 or later of anything should be pretty good and the more options of consumption the better IMO. :tup:

Glorg

I’ll add that I got my v5 pretty crusty early on with rosin, I basically only dab rosins now it’s just so much cleaner overall, and after a bit of heat cleaning and qtips it’s easily back to brand new looking, I’m very impressed with the v5 cup for sure and can’t wait to grab a core setup eventually.

With the peak pros there’s been a post going around about the new blue/purple fade glass being painted on and burning up in a kiln, worth noting for any owners out there just a heads up, the stock clear ones are obviously not painted it’s just the new “fancy” one.

androponic

vaped.
Anyone know what the temperatures are for the different settings?
From HVT website:

Sessions times and temperatures

The total session time for the Core 2.0 has been upgraded to 80 seconds, this includes the pre-heat time.

• Blue – 12.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 400°
  • Green – 13 second pre-heat – Approx. 425°
  • White – 17.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 465°
  • Red – 22.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 500°

Top Bottom