• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Confused about combustion temperature

jmoney

First I'll start by stating that I'm mostly interested in vaping concentrate at this time.

I read one article saying that anything above 365 degrees was combustion, but the flowerpot, which seems to get some hype on this forum, heats dabs far above that (they recommend above 600 degrees to start, and the lowest they recommend is above 400). Other vapes also go far above 400 degrees. Another article I read also mentioned that things start combusting pretty soon after 380 degrees.

Is there a consensus about where combustion really starts? Is it different for flower and concentrates? Are a lot of vapes truly smoking devices?

Thank you

jmoney,
Reactions: arb

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
but the flowerpot, which seems to get some hype on this forum, heats dabs far above that (they recommend above 600 degrees to start

That's the coil temperature, not the surface temperature of the dish. The Flowerpot and other similar PID controlled devices all work this way.

Is it different for flower and concentrates?

Yes, very different. Most types of concentrates do not have the plant material which is what is combusting at those temperatures.

jmoney

Thanks folks!

Done a bunch of research and basically have concluded that one should keep the temperature as low as possible to avoid toxins. What would you say is the lowest effective temperature for vaping concentrates? It might be a personal thing, just curious what the minimum required temperature for good effects is.

jmoney,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Depends on what you're vaping them from, 400-500F for extracts is pretty good. Could go lower but you might get more reclaim. As low as feels comfortable to you should be fine.

invertedisdead,
Top Bottom