Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

vapviking

Old & In the Way
After reading about Rosin for couple of years (and having had a couple of prior goes at it with less-than-stellar results) I have finally got something that fulfills the promise. -- Live Rosin ("hand washed") carts and a proper battery that can go to very low temps.
Wife and I love this.
I got the rosin from a store in Massachusetts, I see it is hitting the shelves more broadly there now.
The company who made the Wedding Pie and LA Kush I got is Treeworks. 510 carts. PLUS a couple of disposables, also from same company. The packaging on the carts suggests very low temps, and their disposable seems to also deliver a lower temp hit.
Ahhhh......

Also picked up some straight up rosin for dabs (well, the dab a terp pen delivers...)

Now we just need pricing to come down, and some availability in NY!

sickmanfraud

After reading about Rosin for couple of years (and having had a couple of prior goes at it with less-than-stellar results) I have finally got something that fulfills the promise. -- Live Rosin ("hand washed") carts and a proper battery that can go to very low temps.
Wife and I love this.
I got the rosin from a store in Massachusetts, I see it is hitting the shelves more broadly there now.
The company who made the Wedding Pie and LA Kush I got is Treeworks. 510 carts. PLUS a couple of disposables, also from same company. The packaging on the carts suggests very low temps, and their disposable seems to also deliver a lower temp hit.
Ahhhh......

Also picked up some straight up rosin for dabs (well, the dab a terp pen delivers...)

can you use live rosin in th Cricket?

Madtater

So my dumbass was buying syringes to fill some ceramic carts i bought a while back, and I inadvertently grabbed a 1g syringe of RSO….well not inadvertently, the guy gave it to me when i asked him for distillate (i think he was a new employee).

The contents of this syringe appear MUCH different than the other distillates i got. It is a dark green substance.

Can i put this into the carts and vape like a distillate? If not, what am i supposed to do with this stuff?

I am asking here because my google search turned up conflicting opinions on vaping this stuff. Some say yes and some say no. I obviously do not want to do anything that would cause harm to me.

Can i make honey with it at the very least?

Madtater,
Reactions: LesPlenty

florduh

So my dumbass was buying syringes to fill some ceramic carts i bought a while back, and I inadvertently grabbed a 1g syringe of RSO….well not inadvertently, the guy gave it to me when i asked him for distillate (i think he was a new employee).

The contents of this syringe appear MUCH different than the other distillates i got. It is a dark green substance.

Can i put this into the carts and vape like a distillate? If not, what am i supposed to do with this stuff?

I am asking here because my google search turned up conflicting opinions on vaping this stuff. Some say yes and some say no. I obviously do not want to do anything that would cause harm to me.

I wouldn't vape it. Best case scenario, it would taste like absolute shit even if it works.

Good news is... RSO is a great full spec edible option. It's already activated, so you can eat it with anything. Or put it in an empty capsule.

Okla68

You can apply it, you can Sublingual it, you can ingest it and you can Vape it....RSO is Full Spectrum where Distillate is a specific portion, i.e. THC, THCV, CBD, etc.

Okla68,

Madtater

You can apply it, you can Sublingual it, you can ingest it and you can Vape it....RSO is Full Spectrum where Distillate is a specific portion, i.e. THC, THCV, CBD, etc.
So i can fill a 510 cart with it and it is fine?

Madtater,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When I had my lung surgery and couldn't vape I got some of this stuff and it kicked my ass. I had previously had poor luck with edibles but not with the RSO. The problem I had with it was dosage and timing. Takes a couple hours to get off and then it has an additive effect with subsequent doses so I ended up more fucked up than I intended. Once I could vape again I stopped using it due to these issues so I still have a couple syringes sitting around. I will get back to trying to manage it at some point so it isn't wasted, but I find management somewhat difficult. I have tried to vape it a bit and don't really like it that way...

I wanted to add it was great for pain relief. I was able to get by with less codeine which I don't really like but works best for pain.

Madtater

I wouldn't want to vape it myself either, I would just use it like an edible if I were you. Below is an article that covers some of the basics of RSO.

Ya. I dont think i am gonna vape with it.

I may try to cook with it.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Wife and I love this.
Ahhhh......

Yeah, I don’t think the MA pricing is going to come down for a while, years maybe even. They need to be able to produce more supply for that to happen. Also there is the rec tax on it. When I visit family up in Cape Cod I always stop in Mashpee or Wareham! MA seems to have some good products though and I will not complain being able to purchase legally in a beautiful state on vacation :lol:

Haveth

Accessory Maker
I wouldn't want to vape it myself either, I would just use it like an edible if I were you. Below is an article that covers some of the basics of RSO.

Yes please God whoever was asking you about that do not vape RSO. Do not dab it either. It’s made for ingesting!

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Ya. I dont think i am gonna vape with it.

I may try to cook with it.
No vape no smoke. Ingest only. I believe it is already decarbed as well so you can put it in softer foods and eat it straight up. Or do what the guy above said and cook it in foods low and slow! Great great product for the medicinal qualities of the plant.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Thanks.

Ya. I did some reading and it is used for ingesting or as a topical application.

I may mix it with some honey and use it with tea. From what i am understanding it is already decarbed.
Yup! It is decarbed. I double checked after my post above. If you’re looking for actual medical benefits to the plant, RSO is a super effective way to go. Very real uses to it.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
How do you all compare using slurpers to traditional bangers?

Do you find slurping requires larger/smaller/or the same size dabs?

Do you find the cleaning process to be more tiresome? Do you go through a ton more ISO dunking?

I’ve been watching from the fence a long time, but never made the jump… I was so heavily invested in bangers and caps.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How do you all compare using slurpers to traditional bangers?

There are a lot of different types, I've enjoyed the blenders, now using something called a slurpee, less parts and simpler than a traditional slurper or tower for me, and I never want to use my regular bucket bangers anymore (I also have diamond hot knot matrix grid terp nails from them I enjoy)

Do you find slurping requires larger/smaller/or the same size dabs?

It depends on the specific banger, definitely doesn't require anything, you can do tiny tabs or larger, varying heat etc. Some can be better for smaller dabs depending on the shape like the one I got, and another big benefit is typically high air flow as well

Do you find the cleaning process to be more tiresome? Do you go through a ton more ISO dunking?

I still haven't gotten the setup for dunking, I always do hot start dabs, wasting the butane to clean the banger each time lol so it is a bit more involved, but still works taking about the same amount of time with the pearl in the bottom of the slurpee (smaller dabs helps with this, if it gets dirtier with more than it's more involved to clean of course)

I’ve been watching from the fence a long time, but never made the jump… I was so heavily invested in bangers and caps.

Yeah I don't know because you have expensive bangers etc, my stuff that I like is from Sdank quartz now, where I got the slurpee, so that's a good way to try something new? (I would recommend the diamond knots too, super simple use)

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Nice! Every time I come to FC I learn something new, and also realize I need to not do the same things everyday. I also realized I am NOT dabbing correctly... I'm just straight up using a torch and banger and probably not getting the best experience possible.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don’t hate it. I have had all sorts of equipment and keep going BACK to the torch and banger… it’s kinda perfect with quartz, the right cap and a good temp gauge.

Totally, I'm not tempted by any e-rigs either and I don't use the ones I have... Finally just got a temp reader device too to level up my dabs! It's the ODT Pocket Temper from Big Al's smoke shop in San Francisco (they are hard to find now and this place had them cheapest on sale though I found another place that has them for like $20 more) still figuring it out for my needs, far from perfect, though seemingly effective and so compact!

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Don’t hate it. I have had all sorts of equipment and keep going BACK to the torch and banger… it’s kinda perfect with quartz, the right cap and a good temp gauge.
I have gotten pretty good at temperature gauging to the point where I don't even need a cap most times, with little residue left on the banger! Although I'm sure I could enjoy more doing completely low-temp and capping, I just am not experienced in that at all.
Totally, I'm not tempted by any e-rigs either and I don't use the ones I have... Finally just got a temp reader device too to level up my dabs! It's the ODT Pocket Temper from Big Al's smoke shop in San Francisco (they are hard to find now and this place had them cheapest on sale though I found another place that has them for like $20 more) still figuring it out for my needs, far from perfect, though seemingly effective and so compact!
I've had a couple e-rigs over the years, and they ended up being tossed haha. I mean, they were really cool and all, they were just kind of annoying to use overall. Damn I need to get a temp reader.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have gotten pretty good at temperature gauging to the point where I don't even need a cap most times...
The cap is your friend. Explore and find what works best with your setup. It is not just about lowering the vaporization temp, but it also adds a tremendous amount of density to your vapor and with the right setup will turn your rig into a milk delivery truck.

I'd put my thumb on a hot nail before going without a cap.

Top Bottom