Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

fangorn

Hi Team FC!

Well, I've been falling asleep at 4-5 in the morning for 2-3 nights...
I'm trying to understand a little the world of concentrates that were almost totally unknown to me until recently...

I'm going to see my favorite band soon and I'm going on vacation abroad...
So I bought 2 "so high extract" pens. I couldn't find much information about the product contained... just that it was made without solvent and with natural terpenes... do you know this brand? is it mid-range, low-end or high-end? just to get an idea, from my experience...

At this stage, I much prefer vaping flowers, but the ultra-practical side and the instant effects seduce me...

I have sometimes read titles here with the term "cart". If I understood correctly, this is the equivalent of what I have used and tried...?

I'm not going to orient myself towards that on a daily basis, but it's possible that once or twice a year, I buy some for certain occasions...
Is there a noticeable difference between the disposable pens I bought, and their half-disposable version, for which you just buy the cartridges? if so, is there a consensus model here?

Well now, the heart of the matter: I want to buy a portable vaporizer for concentrates. I read on Fc that flower sprays can be used...but you don't recommend it.
I don't think I'll order for a month or two but... I can't sleep so... maybe your help will improve my sleep 😁

So I eliminated the Jcvap pockety for the shape and the fact that it seemed to be the most complex of my selection.
I eliminated the cricket from Evolve for the price and the material under the tank.
I liked the sequoia, just because it had a sequoia engraving on it... but according to you, it is far surpassed by the DT V5.
So I still have the DT V5 or the DT lightning pen.

Reading you, I couldn't figure out which one was the best...
I will probably use the lightning pen vaporizer on a Paramour mod I already have. Ditto for the Dt V5.

Given the prices of the concentrates and the fact that I'm just starting out, I don't think I'll be using large quantities... and I don't necessarily want to be forced to stand right on top of it vertically so that the concentrate doesn't spill.
This makes me lean towards the DT V5 which seems to have a larger tank.
But the fact that I read that it could be very hot, and the 14mm connection of the lightning pen make me hesitate...

Could you give me your opinion please? and did I miss a model to take a closer look at?

and if I orient myself on the V5, I thought I would test accessories...
The Divine Crossing All Steel Top...I saw pictures where the glass was really dirty and I feel like it would be easier to clean...have you tested it and does it have more pros than cons?
The 14mm male v4 v4.5 & v5 All Glass Vortex Top...same, has anyone tested it and are there more pros than cons? I have the impression that it is very fragile but it is a magnificent piece!

and a side question...why when someone asks "what's the best vaporizer for hash?" they don't get referred to a concentrate vaporizer? isn't that better than a flower spray for this use? What is the main problem ? cleaning ?

Oh and one last question...I've been in Canada (for a year)...do you have a retailer, or any preferred brands for concentrates? or an Instagram contact? My last 2 orders (of handmade flowers) were placed at west coast cannabis and I was not too unhappy with what I received. and since they also have the pens I mentioned above, and a catalog of concentrates that looks correct, I thought I would order from them but, if I understood the terms correctly, they don't have rosin... in short, if you have a "good address", I'm a taker 😁

It's a long message, so thank you for taking the time to read me... and thank you in advance to those who will take the time to answer me!!
and I will go back to my research!!

Happy vaping everyone!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Google just said trad means traditional, usually referring to music. So, "flower traditional"?

No apologies needed. Just trying to understand. Probably my ignorance of terms would make it my fault.

Ramahs,

fangorn

Damn' ! 😂
I would say "handicraft flower" !

by the way, I was also told in the headset to look at the puffco proxy...

fangorn,

Ramahs

"handicraft flower"? That means even less to me, lol

It's okay. I give up. :huh:

fangorn

"handicraft flower"? That means even less to me, lol

It's okay. I give up. :huh:

ok... there may be a misunderstanding over the translation problem!!

if you ask what I meant by "google trad" it is indeed "Google translate".
but if you want to know what handicraft flowers are, they are flowers grown in small batches, by handicraft growers...often organically grown...it's supposed to be AAAA+ quality

in France, I grew my own flowers... and I was disappointed by several of my first orders in legal or gray stores in Quebec... so I decided to try this type of product and, it is more satisfying for me...

I don't know if it's more understanding...
Google translate gave me some problems in the past, but never so much 😂

Ramahs

Okay, I get it now. Nevermind.
I had no idea you were translating from another language.
That makes much more sense now. Thanks for the explanation :tup:

So, I guess handicraft would translate to something like "homegrown" or "small-batch" in my dialect.

But the word was originally used to describe a type of vaporizer, not a type of cannabis. So I'm still confused.

Lets just end this here, because we're way overdue getting in trouble for going so far off topic that I don't even know what thread I'm in right now.

We're good. Don't worry about it. let's get back to talking about vaporizing concentrates (including hash as well).

Last edited:

rodders83

I want to get into Rosin should i ask here or create a thread? I am totally new and a medical flower users but find it can be mild. It would seem easy to press flower into rosin and eyed up a 4-8t rosin press in the UK.

Will it be worth it? Will i notice the potency over kief? And is it healthy? Would i use a Torch or enail?

Whatever solution must be clean, healthy, And glass. I was leaning towards a torch a Honey bubbler and a Quartz Banger.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Will it be worth it?
Pressing is good fun. I started with a hair straightener (like a lot of people) and that made me realize what I had been missing enough to get a 10t Dabpress as I wanted a gauge for repeatable experiments. I have forgotten its price (quite cheap compared to a few brands) and expect it to last longer than me...by a fair margin!
A banger and torch will also be a good, cheap starting point for consuming your rosin...

Okla68

Pressing is good fun. I started with a hair straightener (like a lot of people) and that made me realize what I had been missing enough to get a 10t Dabpress as I wanted a gauge for repeatable experiments. I have forgotten its price (quite cheap compared to a few brands) and expect it to last longer than me...by a fair margin!
A banger and torch will also be a good, cheap starting point for consuming your rosin...
A friend loaned me his DabPress 10 ton about a year+ ago...seems he paid right at $600 total...Press, PID and Pump!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I have a question about pressing Rosin.

If a person normally uses an ounce a month (a hair under a gram a day) and they press their cannabis, will the same ounce be enough?
So, I don't own a press, only cuz I don't grow (anymore) and I've only recently been able to source decent, resinous enough buds for pressing for around $100-$150/z, which to me, still isn't cheap enough to want to get into pressing... it looks like you gotta consider getting around a 15-25% return under the best circumstances, correct? So, will an 1/8th or 1/4 gm of rosin "do" you, for a day..? No idea how big you like your dabs....

rodders83

Thanks for the reply to my rosin question. Do i really need a dab rig or would moonrock or dipping suffice? I have a Verdamper that i would love to be able to vape rosin like kief.

It is for night really, The kind of flower i can press is 10g/month of Aurora Farm Gas. If you google that 2.5% terps 27% THC. What kind of yield would 10g of that yield then? About 1-2g of Rosin?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
27% THC. What kind of yield would 10g of that yield then?
25-27%+ as a few say THC=% return. I get better returns the higher on the plant that the buds come from as a rule.
The lowest I have pressed is 13% return on crappy lower plant buds and up to just over 23% return on nice crownies and my Incredible Bulk is supposed to be around 24-25% THC. I have had the same mumma for a few years now with quite a few crops.

sickmanfraud

Thanks for sharing the results of pressing.

I am still curious as to how medicated a person could get from an ounce of cannabis vs. that same ounce pressed.

The impression I am getting is that if a person grows their own cannabis it is worthwhile but if you buy cannabis you would need more than you usually use in the course of a month.

Is that a reasonable theory?

Also, how much could a person yield via QWET or QWISO?

My interest in concentrates is due to the fact that I don't really enjoy vaping. I do it for the pain relief. If using concentrates means that I can vape less frequently or get medicated quicker I would consider it, within the constraints of my prescription.

Thanks for your help.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am still curious as to how medicated a person could get from an ounce of cannabis vs. that same ounce pressed.
I find I use less herb overall by consuming rosin as I would daily pack 4g+ in my Plenty bowl for a nightcap but rosin does a better job for pain relief while using less pot.
That said, I now use a ball vape and add rosin to the load of a night for the extra snooze qualities.

sickmanfraud

I find I use less herb overall by consuming rosin as I would daily pack 4g+ in my Plenty bowl for a nightcap but rosin does a better job for pain relief while using less pot.
That said, I now use a ball vape and add rosin to the load of a night for the extra snooze qualities.

Pardon my ignorance, but if rosin does a better job while using less cannabis, why continue to use flowers?

Top Bottom