Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Pardon my ignorance, but if rosin does a better job while using less cannabis, why continue to use flowers?
Over time using just rosin, most people will develop a tolerance, causing you to use more and more for the same results. :bang:

However, in my personal experience, switching back to flowers works like I am just starting up fresh with flowers.
In other words, I have no tolerance for flowers and they work like I'm a newbie.
So...being a home grower and having access to flowers and a press (10-ton for myself), I always have the best of both worlds.
Plus one more world if you also make your own gummies(edibles).

Always able to keep things fresh. :nod::tup:

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
I want to get into Rosin should i ask here or create a thread? I am totally new and a medical flower users but find it can be mild. It would seem easy to press flower into rosin and eyed up a 4-8t rosin press in the UK.

Will it be worth it? Will i notice the potency over kief? And is it healthy? Would i use a Torch or enail?

Whatever solution must be clean, healthy, And glass. I was leaning towards a torch a Honey bubbler and a Quartz Banger.
I am new to concentrates, only been 3 months,
i have had some reasonable yeilds but its variable(10% to 23% yield by weight) using a clothes iron and parchment paper with reasonably good flower.
It takes a little elbow grease , and a thin stainless plate underneath to radiate the heat back up from underneath, on top of a wooden board for insulation.But it works. And i have been loving it the past 3 months now.

However i have nothing to compare it to. Cant easily get concentrates. Cause they dont allow us serfs in the UK that kind of thing.

Oh lord wont you buy me, a 10 ton dab press,
My freinds friends all have 4 tons ,but i dont want to mess ,
with no measly low pressure, bigger and harder is best,
ooohhhhh Lord wont you buy me , A 10 ton dab press......

The woman had a proper voice . FUCK autotune.

Bollocks to the clothes iron or hair straightners, if you can, get a press.
I need to save up. But that might mean less Cannabis:doh:

Pardon my ignorance, but if rosin does a better job while using less cannabis, why continue to use flowers?
I find that flower, using a baller head injector it seems just as potent, but as LesPlenty said its a different hit.
But it may be it uses more per hit?
And its tasty. I enjoy the difference between hitting a bigger water piece and trying to turn it inside out by sucking on it with flower and sipping at rosin with a hydrotube and a DT V5. Hoovering hard on concentrates just seems to splatter them all over the bottomless banger.
Rosin works very well for pain, though, and seems slightly more efficient with material, but it may be that it takes more time to keep kit clean,, so more time using q-tips and cocktail sticks to clean tiney bowls vs hoovering up more flower more of the time..

I also now have a Sai TAF, that has taken over from the V5 for now, not better (apart from easier Temp Control set up ) but different.
I actually really like the titanium cup and how it responds so fast to the heat, but im a little wary of the titanium bowl, seems to irritate my throat a little or is that the 'bite' titanium is known for?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I also now have a Sai TAF, that has taken over from the V5 for now, not better (apart from easier Temp Control set up ) but different.
I actually really like the titanium cup and how it responds so fast to the heat, but im a little wary of the titanium bowl, seems to irritate my throat a little or is that the 'bite' titanium is known for?
I was given a SAI TAF and find the Ti did work well but does give a bit of the Ti twang. Puffco Peak Pro or a JCVap Pockety with their thermocouple temp control are great and the Pockety is cheap and quite an upgrade to the SAI(or any concentrate device).
My freinds friends all have 4 tons ,but i dont want to mess ,
with no measly low pressure, bigger and harder is best,
The nicest rosin is made with lower pressure/temp from my experimenting but I do repress the same puck at higher temp/pressure for some very dark night-night goo:science::zzz:
Pressing for different results/effects is just part of the fun.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Having spent 3 months having to re-clean my glassware fer more often than i would like and learnig the subtlties and weirdness of the V5 Heater bucket and temperature controll i have got it down to the point finaly having to clean reclaim off my glass rather than nasty arse stank of combustion. The bush button units kind of make more sense(specialy with arthritic fingers) but I am ornery and am enjoying the differences in designs of the 510 atomisers.
Fortunately, I did'nt suffer from VAS i couldnt satisfy with DIY since I got my Qaroma.
Now I find i want more 510 atomisers, they are far too collectible looking. Never really collected specific things, but my workshop is full of junk.
I might get a New Sequoia too if I can find one when i have spare cash. The T.A.F. Caps ability to restrict the flow of air INTO the heating chamber allows for a small alteration in boiling point due to creating a small amount of vacuum. Been playing with it alot and when you restrict it at the right temp with the Ti bowl you can toke on it like a joint for quite some time, the ti bucket works well with temp Controll or wattage. Only downside is how hot the deck can get compared to the V5 which is also increadibly well designed.
Got the CUB base few days ago, and the versatility is good, but that thing gets roasty too. Think i prefer the v5 and the Sai TAF even with other tops on the base.
I was given a SAI TAF and find the Ti did work well but does give a bit of the Ti twang.
Cheers, That puts my mind at ease somewhat. I really like the Ti, if i react to it be a shame not to be able to use it regularly.
Like right now for instance..............

Last edited:

Piecho

Do you have any lectures to educate about storing the home made ice hashish? I noticed, that it gets more resiny and better to vaporate over a 2-3 months of storing in growbag. I want to understand basics of the chemistry which is happening and learn how I can improve here : )

As a home grover first tried with ice hashish and really like the result. Much less work if you just make fresh frozen. Quality is more than decent, worth to try in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It should work fine mate, there is a tiny amount of residue left on mine after it's dispensed a dose but it's such a huge QOL upgrade compared to old style dab tools.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

there is a tiny amount of residue left on mine after it's dispensed a dose

yeah, there's always build up even on traditional dab tools. The biggest reason I want a hot knife is to avoid having to clean tools. I'm assuming you can burn the residue right off?

I bought a blade that attaches to a standard 510 stick battery

That was my plan as well. Wasn't really in to the Puffco design, because the built in battery would make me guilty. Adding (a little) to the globe's e-waste for something I don't really need. But getting more use out of my existing 510 battery? Why not!

LesPlenty

Company Rep

florduh

Yeppppp and let's be honest, it is so much easier to do with a good herbal pure convection on demand vape anyway...

You have a point. Dabbing is conduction vaporizing. And if you're dabbing the good shit... it's very smelly and obvious.

I've always heard the conventional wisdom is that concentrates are more discreet than herb. But I dunno about that. Plus you can't really pre-load most dabbing devices.

I do think a cart or pod is the most discreet for that situation. But rosin carts/pods are pretty damn loud these days.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm sooooo glad I've yet to purchase any kind of puffco product at all... at this point, I hope to make it a lifelong "goal".
I will surmise that you have never tried a Puffco Peak Pro as you would not say this if you had.
I love my Peak Pro, that thermocouple temp control is only dreamed about with other vapes.:2c:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I will surmise that you have never tried a Puffco Peak Pro as you would not say this if you had.
I love my Peak Pro, that thermocouple temp control is only dreamed about with other vapes.:2c:
Pontificate much? And so-far as to tell me what I'd say and do even....? Dems some BIG ass ballz u got swinging' there, mate:

AC/DC - Big Balls (Official Audio)

I tell you what, send me one and I'll give a completely unbiased, brutally honest opinion, 💯.... but until then....meh.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I never knocked a Mighty until I bought one.:2c:
I tell you what, send me one and I'll give a completely unbiased, brutally honest opinion
I would send you one but I don't have a spare...yet as I do not get them for free...totally unbiased opinion...the Puffco Peak Pro is king of portable concentrates with a Pockety not far behind.
I will now get a New Puffco Peak Pro and 3DXL chamber come black Friday sales as the Venty looks to be a while off for Aussie customers.
Also @Bologna the video you posted above is not available in my country...

Last edited:

Lighthanded

I wholeheartedly agree with @LesPlenty on this. After owning a pockety for a few months i realized it wouldnt work for both my partner and I daily dabbing and it was getting annoying charging it every day. So after a few years of lusting over a peak - a couple months ago i bit the bullet with australian vaporizers first big sale since dropping the peak pro v2 and i bought one. First 50 dabs were weird as i was working out temps and times and breaking in the atty.

im now around 350 dabs and its absolutely amazing to use. The flavour extends throughout the dab duration and isnt dead like the pockety after the first few hits. The cleaning is VERY easy and ive noticed the pockety atomizer surround gets significantly more recaim than the peak. It might sound weird but i feel the peak gets me more medicated than the pockety.

My partner prefers the pockety as its a little more effortless for her (ruby insert and dry top with MP) i charge hers every night/second night and my peak every 3-4 days if im using it heavily.

Puffco dropped the app in australia a few months ago now and i havent had a problem at all with it, from firmware updates to mode setting and lighting etc. I get around 30-35 dabs at 515-529 for 1min (90u rosin) out of it before i have to charge. Im not a fan of rgb lighting in general but the peak honestly makes it look good, mood lighting and dynamic inhale are nice touches too.

I did have to make a little insert like the Etsy kyle ones from some stainless 2mm ID tube i had in the shed. i just tapered it down on one end and pressed it in, works much better, i felt i had to work too hard with it to push oil around inside. I had a play with the oculus, peak ball cap and a few others but found my modded joystick worked the best. Not a fan of pearls - personally i think they soak too much thermal energy from the atomizer and cause inconsistent temps in my experience - not to mention oil everywhere inside.

ill be picking up a 3DXL in a few weeks also looking at the preorder for the jcvap 3dxl and or the new rba to try - I find myself going back to the torch and rig every couple of days and im hoping the XL will fix that.

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Totally with @LesPlenty
I'm smitten with my proxy. Brilliant. Sold my avs m22. So puffco obviously do create good products (albeit a tad expensive).

Getting a bit passive aggressive in here with big balls being swing around for some reason!

Chicken No Name,
  • Haha
Reactions: LesPlenty

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Getting a bit passive aggressive in here with big balls being swing around for some reason!
Oh shit, here we go again with being told what to say and how to say it... by YOU.... shall we take it to private messages, because I don't feel like taking the weak-ass "bait" out in public today?

So let me get this straight, I'm the passive/aggressive one speaking open, honestly and candidly with a longtime friend, and yet you're the one specifically criticizing another member without so much as a notification....? mmmmm ok, buddy.

How about doing everybody (me in particular) a favor and go back to pretending having me on ignore.... sound good?

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Wow.
Didn't tell YOU to do anything. But YOU seem quite happy telling me what to do. YOU also seem a tad sensitive to stuff reacting so aggressively.
But whatever....I've nothing to private message you about tbf.

Top Bottom