• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

strech

Life is SO fucking,painfully short...........take the day.
😉
If I take the day off I just have to make it up on Saturday. As the only employee of my business I have no one to pick up the slack. Plus I have 3 weeks left for season then winter slow down. Then add it's a beautiful fall day here in Chicago getting outside and playing in gardens will be nice.

Kins

Yesterday I did a bigger dab than normal using my mini nail. I was able to clean it all up with only 2 dry q tips and 2 dr.dabber iso snaps. That's the best I've done yet as far as not making any wasted material. Feels like I finally got it down.

strech

LOL!
What is it with you guys and your Italian Beef in Chicago?

Ate at Portillo's last week, everyone had built up all this anticipation and it was just a ballpark Italian beef sandwich with gray meat... I was not particularly blown away.

Clearly, something must be wrong with me.
I don't get it either. I was not impressed with Portillos when I first moved here. Still ain't!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't get it either. I was not impressed with Portillos when I first moved here. Still ain't!

Ha. For the record, I didn't say Portillos. I said Al's (or Johnny's too). And not just wet, you got to get the complete submerged dip too.

And when you get there, before you go in, blast a big ol' dab in the car.

Pajeppy

So I'm completely new to dabbing. Have only had a handful of dabs in my life. Always at some one else's place and no idea what I'm dabbing exactly.

Just got a Ditanium and I want to try some of this stuff out

Outside of price what exactly is the difference in choosing something like shatter or butter, wax, badder, live resin, live rosin, diamonds, terp sauce? I get the methods of making a lot of these. What's solventless etc. It all gets you high.

I get the whole FSE thing. I see a reputable source online that offers a FSE at $60. Not sure if that's half or full gram. Don't really know exactly what kind of extract it is. Then I see something like live rosin at $120/150 a gram. I'm only assuming a gram because I can't imagine it being that expensive. Is that even worth it to try at that price?

I'll probably end up trying all this out I just don't know where to start. Live rosin was something I was most interested in until see the prices.

I'm in Canada btw.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So I'm completely new to dabbing. Have only had a handful of dabs in my life. Always at some one else's place and no idea what I'm dabbing exactly.

Just got a Ditanium and I want to try some of this stuff out

Outside of price what exactly is the difference in choosing something like shatter or butter, wax, badder, live resin, live rosin, diamonds, terp sauce? I get the methods of making a lot of these. What's solventless etc. It all gets you high.

I get the whole FSE thing. I see a reputable source online that offers a FSE at $60. Not sure if that's half or full gram. Don't really know exactly what kind of extract it is. Then I see something like live rosin at $120/150 a gram. I'm only assuming a gram because I can't imagine it being that expensive. Is that even worth it to try at that price?

I'll probably end up trying all this out I just don't know where to start. Live rosin was something I was most interested in until see the prices.

I'm in Canada btw.
I’m no expert however being a glass half full mentality I must state my POV?
I love extraction type product’s derived from CANNABIS that grow’s wild where permitted!
Being a master of some trade’s (in my mind?)
Rosin is kind of relieving?
SATIVA, HYBRID, INDICA R decent strain’s?
SATIVA with EXPRESSO/
HYBRID for daze activity/
INDICA = 4:20 & B-4 SLEEP (not 4 everyone just my program That work’s 4-my situation!)
Welcome amigo!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I keep saying this is the last time.... after all there are so many products on the market.....
Then I bust out with the "stuff" and start it one more time!
130584700-1537618953088702-4267891149489198494-n.jpg

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
You can but hemp flower as biomass from several online vendors. Which I presume is uncured or with the least amount of curing in the market place. If I had a press, I'd perhaps be making my own rosin. :science:Perhaps reach out to the sellers and ask how prepared the biomass is. Just thinking out loud. ATM.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: ataxian

badbee

shatter or butter, wax, badder
For the types above there is basically no difference other than texture. Extracts will convert from clear shatter into other types just from being overly stirred or if too much air gets into it while pouring, final outcome is not always what the extractor expected. I used to make fudge and candy which acts the same way. Some people have strong preferences, I love crumble (not too sticky so easy to handle) with flower in a dry flower vape. For dabbing you might prefer something that will stick to the tool.

Resin and rosin are a whole other thing, that you pay through the nose for...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
For the types above there is basically no difference other than texture. Extracts will convert from clear shatter into other types just from being overly stirred or if too much air gets into it while pouring, final outcome is not always what the extractor expected. I used to make fudge and candy which acts the same way. Some people have strong preferences, I love crumble (not too sticky so easy to handle) with flower in a dry flower vape. For dabbing you might prefer something that will stick to the tool.

Agree... I do find when dabbing on my DCup with 30mm dish, that I prefer “shatter”, as the other types you mentioned seem to dissolve quickly and become more liquidy, though not a real word, they seem to contain more moisture, not sure what it really is, but I have to reduce my heat quite a bit. Do you notice this difference?

Kins

Another newb question here. Do you guys let your banger build up some stains before cleaning it well?. I don't mean just using a q tip and iso. I mean soaking it for few nights or torching it to get it completely clean. The reason I ask is because I swear that my banger/s taste better after a few cycles or dabs are done. When it's first brand new or clean it's more harsh....Is it just me?.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
soaking it for few nights or torching
I would stick to soaks rather than the torch to make the banger last longer, as far as a dirtier banger being smoother I think the coating on your neck is complete after a few cycles then the dabs are easier, I have to be a little careful with the first couple of dabs each day but fine to piggy after that!

Last edited:

Pajeppy

Okay yea, I was thinking that but glad you cleared it up for me. Thanks.

Got a decent plug for some good live resin. Might try some other stuff but I'm pretty damn happy dabbing this right now.

Might go for some hash rosin. That seems like the best of the best.

Kins

I would stick to soaks rather than the torch to make the badger last longer, as far as a dirtier banger being smoother I think the coating on your neck is complete after a few cycles then the dabs are easier, I have to be a little careful with the first couple of dabs each day but fine to piggy after that!

Kins,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A short post about my homemade concentrates, it appears I didn't jumped on the rosin train for some reasons. This reasons, I use trim mainly and direct press isn't effective and extra steps to make bubble H or dry sift is time consumeering, I found rosin to yield less, contains more undesired wax and not always taste better and a true press is costly.

So I process most of my concentrates using o'bho tek, until recently I only used an open SS extraction tube and it was only 30gr load and I had to extract 2 times to get all the goodies, more butane involved and more time also.
A few weeks ago I ordered that closed tube from Herborizer:
extracteur-ferme-135g.jpg

It's supposed to fit 135gr but I can barely insert 90gr and keeping some room for the gas to expand, maybe I can try to compress tighter. Although it allows you maceration, so, in one extraction, I can get between 5-7gr using only 500ml of butane. Already processed most of my 2020 trim and already have a nice stash of 6 different wax from different strains, a nice winter with dabs in chain!
Tbh I prefer flowers, but since I'm the proud father of 2 girls (8year old and 6 monthes old) it's more and more difficult to session, and on-demand never worked for me if I can't finish the bowl (I have raised up my tolerance at a crazy level), so wax may do the trick even if I would prefer the full effect I could get from a full melt bubble H. Why not to make that H myself, I tried once and results wasn't satisfying for me, not bad, even very good for a tiny amount but most was something I would call commercial at best (and I can get that for cheap!). Not as the moment since that virus but we can get some pretty good H here if you are patient and have some connections, not the average street quality for sure!

Was hesitating to order the closed loop extractor, but I saw it need something else to work which is costly too although it may be good if you are doing large amounts and/or to remove the "mystery"oil from butane cans before to extract. Thank you Seb (Herborizer guy) to offer so great tools!

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
@PPN it's very interesting to me, do you have a link for the Herborizer shop or its from elsewhere?

Happy New year to all.

Last edited:
Consolidated21,
Top Bottom