Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

strech

Is dabbing worth it? I mean you get 1 gram of a particular concentrate that costs anywhere between $20 to $100. That's only what I've seen and I've only just been looking into this. Does it really destroy your tolerance?.
Since I have had easy access to good concentrate I have used very little flower. Vaping flower would take me 20-40 minutes to get to the level of highness I wanted. Now a couple dabs which takes less then 10 minutes will get me to that point.

With dabs I also seem to keep my level a bit longer as I am able to spend more time doing other activities.

As far as how it fucks your tolerance I can not say. Since legalization and me going medical my usage and consumption has skyrocketed along with my tolerance.

All in all to me it's definitely worth it.

Kins

Since I have had easy access to good concentrate I have used very little flower. Vaping flower would take me 20-40 minutes to get to the level of highness I wanted. Now a couple dabs which takes less then 10 minutes will get me to that point.

With dabs I also seem to keep my level a bit longer as I am able to spend more time doing other activities.

As far as how it fucks your tolerance I can not say. Since legalization and me going medical my usage and consumption has skyrocketed along with my tolerance.

All in all to me it's definitely worth it.

I'm saying is it worth in terms of money? Flower is so much cheaper and seems. If you were to compare a regular heavy use flower person to a dab guy, who do you think would spend more money to get just as high?. Not sure it would be more money depending on how much this person dabbed.

I tied two electronic dab rigs but they came defective out of the box. "Dabs" tasted like plastic. Now I'm thinking I'd be better off with a regular "dab rig" and torch. I should be able to use a regular bong with a "Banger" as long as it fits the bong. Is this correct?.

So I have several Roor bongs with 18mm female joints. So I'd need an 18mm male "banger" correct? That and a torch and I'd be set?.

So this,

and for a torch,

Last edited:
Kins,
Reactions: arb

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I took the arms off my 12 ton quite a while ago.
👍

I also took my drip arms off. However, if I was pressing a larger amount than I normally do I would use them. I press around 3-5 grams at a time. At those amounts I don't produce enough rosin to drip. I'll get some pooling in the crease and bubbling out of the plates in the front, but those streams have never made it to the end of the paper to drip out. Now if I was pressing kief or large pucks then hell yes, I screw them back on.

Is dabbing worth it? I mean you get 1 gram of a particular concentrate that costs anywhere between $20 to $100. That's only what I've seen and I've only just been looking into this. Does it really destroy your tolerance?.

That is relative for everyone. I can buy it at the same price I can make it at home. So cost wise? No, especially when I factor in consumable supplies like mesh bags and parchment paper. But I do get to make sure I know what is in my rosin and I can adjust the qulaity of the herb I use. I'm confident my dispensaries are producing safe rosin, but are they using top shelf buds? Probably not. For that same price or slightly more I can use top grade buds for my rosin compared to the popcorn buds they are probably using.

You don't need to dab it btw. I find dabbing to be too extreme for me. One big blast and I'm wrecked. I like to space out my rosin use to make it a more managable high and a longer session also. There are lots of ways, but I like putting a small amount on a conc pad in a vape, like my vapcaps (yes @LabPong I'm rocking that), or wiping a small amount on a piece of cotton and vaping it in most any herb vape. YMMV.

Here's another fast easy way to use rosin. Maybe not the purest flavor all the time, but fast, discreet, and you use the tinest amount to get wrecked. https://puffitup.com/products/boundless-terp-pen-v2

then there's the world of these

Concentrates can raise your tolerance. But tolerance can be increased for one type of cannabis product and not another. I don't have proof, but IMHO when I vape rosin for a while I will build a tolerance for rosin. If I haven't vaped any flower for a while, when I go back to it the flower will wreck me. This has happened numerous times to me. I think I'm all big bad tolerance man puffing on my rosin. Then fuck myself up on a small bowl of flower. This will happen with specific strains too. Try vaping the same variety for a long time, then switch.

Last edited:

CR250M

Ontario, CA
@Kins whatever you do don't buy a glass bucket (banger whatever), most people use them for cold starts for maximum flavour, imo not required AND it wastes product and gets the bucket dirty every dab so must be cleaned spotless prior to the next dab or the whole flavour thing is a waste of time, ie reburning semi-burnt dab with your new dab

Also, never buy one of those mini flambe torches they're expensive af ! Best is a regular propane torch tip and 14oz bottle of propane

I use a titanium nail (cleaned it twice in 1year it doesn't get dirty really) and a glass dome in my mini bubbler

NAIL: https://www.dhgate.com/product/10mm...uid=649027064035287040#redirect_detail=WAP2PC

BUBBLER: (replace the glass nail as seen in pic 2 with the titanium and you're dabbin!!!)

CR250M,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Here I am, noob ringing in, but that's this thread...
Have you considered a wax vape pen like the Terp Pen?
It will give you a real kick for under thirty bucks. Internal battery, usb.

vapviking,

Kins

I'm gonna try a Dr.Dabber Switch next. I know sometimes it takes a bit to find what you like. When I first started vaping flower I got the Arizer EQ. Didn't like it all. Went back to smoking for a while. Then a few months later I decided to try vaping again and I purchased a Crafty+. Huge difference and love/loved the fact that I can connect it to any water piece. I want to mimic the effects of smoking a bong the most when Vaping flower or concentrates. Everything I've seen or read on the switch seems to be it would be a perfect fit for me. Think I might even like the switch as much as I like my Volcano Hybrid. I saw a lot of people don't like it for vaping flower but I think I'll be the odd one that does. Only because of the sneaky pete review on it and seeing that it can make the abv all black, that way I know I can get the most out of the flower I consume also. Some people don't like that heavy hitting put you to sleep hits but that's actually the main reason I got my med card. I use weed to help me sleep.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'm gonna try a Dr.Dabber Switch next. I know sometimes it takes a bit to find what you like. When I first started vaping flower I got the Arizer EQ. Didn't like it all. Went back to smoking for a while. Then a few months later I decided to try vaping again and I purchased a Crafty+. Huge difference and love/loved the fact that I can connect it to any water piece. I want to mimic the effects of smoking a bong the most when Vaping flower or concentrates. Everything I've seen or read on the switch seems to be it would be a perfect fit for me. Think I might even like the switch as much as I like my Volcano Hybrid. I saw a lot of people don't like it for vaping flower but I think I'll be the odd one that does. Only because of the sneaky pete review on it and seeing that it can make the abv all black, that way I know I can get the most out of the flower I consume also. Some people don't like that heavy hitting put you to sleep hits but that's actually the main reason I got my med card. I use weed to help me sleep.

I don’t know what your budget is, but have you looked at the New Vape product line? A lot of users have stated they got bong style hits from the WeedEater. Their gear isn’t cheap, but industrial made, should last a long, long time.

Kins

I don’t know what your budget is, but have you looked at the New Vape product line? A lot of users have stated they got bong style hits from the WeedEater. Their gear isn’t cheap, but industrial made, should last a long, long time.

Got a link for that? Sounds interesting.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Got a link for that? Sounds interesting.

NewVape main page:

NV T-Bucket thread:

NV Flowerpot-WeedEater thread:
NOTE: I don’t believe there is a separate thread just for the WeedEater.

I use the older design NV DCup for concentrates, the alternative design is the TCup, same idea, slightly different design. They both can hold a 30mm dish, SIC, or the more expensive Sapphire, which I prefer.

I use a WeedEater for my flower. I like to keep dabbing and flower vaping devices separate.
I use a single output PID (I own 2, Auber 300b & MaxVapor), and just switch the coil connector, some have dual output PIDS. You need a coil for each as they are different.

NewVape has everything one needs, but the gear adds up. I decided for the health of my lungs to not skimp on these top line products. At least I know these products will last, the only electronics is the PID, and you will have complete control over the temperatures you vape at, another main reason besides health, that I retired the Titanium nail & torch.

Lots of great info in the two forum threads.

RustyOldNail,

Kins

Those look like great products!. A bit expensive but more something I'd have to put away money for a little while to afford.

Kins,

Kins

Wish I knew about NewVape products before I got that stimulus payment!. Their site is going in my favs definitely! Sorry about the back to back posts. I meant to edit the first time.

Kins,

LabPong

I also took my drip arms off. However, if I was pressing a larger amount than I normally do I would use them. I press around 3-5 grams at a time. At those amounts I don't produce enough rosin to drip. I'll get some pooling in the crease and bubbling out of the plates in the front, but those streams have never made it to the end of the paper to drip out. Now if I was pressing kief or large pucks then hell yes, I screw them back on.

That is relative for everyone. I can buy it at the same price I can make it at home. So cost wise? No, especially when I factor in consumable supplies like mesh bags and parchment paper. But I do get to make sure I know what is in my rosin and I can adjust the qulaity of the herb I use. I'm confident my dispensaries are producing safe rosin, but are they using top shelf buds? Probably not. For that same price or slightly more I can use top grade buds for my rosin compared to the popcorn buds they are probably using.

You don't need to dab it btw. I find dabbing to be too extreme for me. One big blast and I'm wrecked. I like to space out my rosin use to make it a more managable high and a longer session also. There are lots of ways, but I like putting a small amount on a conc pad in a vape, like my vapcaps (yes @LabPong I'm rocking that), or wiping a small amount on a piece of cotton and vaping it in most any herb vape. YMMV.

Here's another fast easy way to use rosin. Maybe not the purest flavor all the time, but fast, discreet, and you use the tinest amount to get wrecked. https://puffitup.com/products/boundless-terp-pen-v2

then there's the world of these

Concentrates can raise your tolerance. But tolerance can be increased for one type of cannabis product and not another. I don't have proof, but IMHO when I vape rosin for a while I will build a tolerance for rosin. If I haven't vaped any flower for a while, when I go back to it the flower will wreck me. This has happened numerous times to me. I think I'm all big bad tolerance man puffing on my rosin. Then fuck myself up on a small bowl of flower. This will happen with specific strains too. Try vaping the same variety for a long time, then switch.

Yup....I use mainly the dynavap with a concentrate pad for most of my daytime trate use....then only at night I fire up my enail.

Let me save you from being totally let down on using flower in the switch.........there is a reason why you can not find much info or vids of people using flower with it and saying anything.....anything positive! lol But its an awesome vape for concentrates.....big hitter there only.

Flowerpots would work good as you can do both easily with them. But to let you know, many of us experienced have separate vapes from flower and concentrates. Some work ok or good with both....but non work awesome at both.

Kins

Yup....I use mainly the dynavap with a concentrate pad for most of my daytime trate use....then only at night I fire up my enail.

Let me save you from being totally let down on using flower in the switch.........there is a reason why you can not find much info or vids of people using flower with it and saying anything.....anything positive! lol But its an awesome vape for concentrates.....big hitter there only.

Flowerpots would work good as you can do both easily with them. But to let you know, many of us experienced have separate vapes from flower and concentrates. Some work ok or good with both....but non work awesome at both.

Well I'll still have my Crafty+ and Volcano hybrid for flower if I want. However now I'm wanting one of these,

That looks awesome. If they had or have had big sales in past maybe I could afford one. I wonder if they do a Black Friday sale?. It'll take me at least that long to save the money for it anyway.

Kins,

strech

A banger and torch will get you into the game for not much investment if you already have a glass bong/bubbler.

Disorderly conduction has a budget enail kit that is under $200. I picked one up a bit over a month ago and am very pleased.

For portables I would suggest the Rio as it has no attys to replace and has stellar reviews.

baldore1312

Yesterday I met for the first time my new little friend, a 10 ton Dabpress mini. WOW, what an improvement over my Slug33. Introductory squish’s went well. Tried both bottle tech and rectangular pucks without blowouts but...... damn its hard to get sap off the parchment (even out of the freezer. Lots to learn! Very impressed with the taste and potency. No going back now. 🤤

Kins

I just tried shatter in my volcano hybrid. Pretty amazing how long it lasted. I'm super blasted right now. Ok now that I finished the drip pad seems a bit stuck to the bottom of the bowl. I tried to get it out while hot but could not. So now I let it sit to cool down and then I put it in 95% iso to sit.

The vapor at the highest temp in the hybrid was amazingly smooth. Great taste too. I could get used to this, seriously haven't been baked in forever. Just checked the iso. The clear iso is now brown already. I guess the volcano doesn't do concentrates as efficiently as others but I just wanted to try....I'll be ordering a Dr.dabber switch on Friday though and save the rest of my concentrates for when I get that.

Last edited:

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I probably missed a lot of post, but you asked if concentrates is worth it........ Hell yea lol. Before, getting high would be a tedious ordeal, now 1 or 2 puffs and I'm gone.

I have a couple of set up's so 1 or 2 puffs is pretty much a 5 second ordeal.

Last edited:

Kins

A banger and torch will get you into the game for not much investment if you already have a glass bong/bubbler.

Disorderly conduction has a budget enail kit that is under $200. I picked one up a bit over a month ago and am very pleased.

For portables I would suggest the Rio as it has no attys to replace and has stellar reviews.

I'll be getting a Stache rio soon. I do have a nice bong collection already so I'll plan on getting a banger/nail, torch, and dab mat(maybe).

Thinking of getting two of these with carb caps,

One would be 18mm male with 90 degree joint and the other would be the same with 45 degree joint for my corresponding bongs with 18mm joints one straight tube and the other 45 degree.

Well I just ordered a torch, so I'm definitely doing this along with the Stache Rio, so I'll have both options. Friday I'll order the Rio, along with those bangers.

Last edited:
Kins,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Explore and find what works for you.

RiO is one of my favorite devices of all time, but I fucking HATE the Core Bangers and use others... I find them to be a PIA to qTip and keep clean, especially if it is super tight between the core and the outer wall. Fuck these. I recommend getting yourself a round bottom, or something else.

Top Bottom