Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Kins

Explore and find what works for you.

RiO is one of my favorite devices of all time, but I fucking HATE the Core Bangers and use others... I find them to be a PIA to qTip and keep clean, especially if it is super tight between the core and the outer wall. Fuck these. I recommend getting yourself a round bottom, or something else.

Why Q-tip when you can soak the whole thing?. I can look around I guess but I've never had problems cleaning any of my pieces. I just want something quality that won't break easily and functions well.

Kins,
Reactions: arb

Kins

if you want to take care of your quartz, you clean it religiously with a qtip, after each and every single dab as mentioned above.

Yes I understand. The way it was said sounded like you clean it between every hit!....Hahah!. I just hit a few volcano bags so I'm not sure any of this makes sense right now.

Kins,

strech

What's everyone's thoughts on inserts? Just order myself a sic and sapphire insert to give a whirl.

strech,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I got a SiC in yesterday and was thinking about sapphire, would be interesting to see how they compare. When you try out make sure to leave some feedback.

scy123,

biohacker

What's everyone's thoughts on inserts? Just order myself a sic and sapphire insert to give a whirl.

I honestly am not sure why anyone would dab off of quartz when gemstones and SiC is available for dabbing surfaces at temps approximately 100f lower due to better thermal conductivity properties. You're going to have a LOT of fun with your SiC and Sapphire inserts! Just respect the gemstone, and don't thermal shock it. I'm pretty sure I prefer the gemstone over SiC, but i've only compared it to a shoddy DgHate SiC dish. My plan is to buy the d-nail SiC, including the polished version being released next month.

I got a SiC in yesterday and was thinking about sapphire, would be interesting to see how they compare. When you try out make sure to leave some feedback.

I tried to compare them, and it wasn't easy.... but I preferred gemstone (ruby) at the time. Going to do some proper testing this time with D-nail's products.

biohacker,
Reactions: LesPlenty

strech

Constant gems.

They have a guide. Just wondered if there was one on here.

Last edited:
strech,

510MOD

Manufacturer
I have the 2.0 Ruby insert from Greek Glass and a Ruby insert from @710Coils and would suggest @710coil version. It had a nicer polish and actually seemed slightly thicker. You can't go wrong with either one though. I love both!

I also have a SiC insert that was a in testing/prototype phase that came to a sudden halt due to issues with the manufacturer going MIA. The quality is comparable to the daily SiC Halos from about 3 years ago. I prefer the Ruby over the SiC at home but find SiC to be more reliable and faster to heat up in portable options.

biohacker

I have the 2.0 Ruby insert from Greek Glass and a Ruby insert from @710Coils and would suggest @710coil version. It had a nicer polish and actually seemed slightly thicker. You can't go wrong with either one though. I love both!

That's interesting because I had 2 rubies and 2 sapphires from Greek that I never had any issues with, and the rubies I had for over a year, and torched exclusively. I've now cracked 2 710coils rubies, and they definitely weren't as nice a Greek's in terms of polish. Just my experience.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
That's interesting because I had 2 rubies and 2 sapphires from Greek that I never had any issues with, and the rubies I had for over a year, and torched exclusively. I've now cracked 2 710coils rubies, and they definitely weren't as nice a Greek's in terms of polish. Just my experience.

Ouch, that sounds expensive. You may be more interested in using pbw brewery wash to clean inserts. What pbw does is oxidize the carbon and organic molecules or something. Don’t know the exact science behind it, but it cleans like a boss.

I use pdw with an ultrasonic cleaner and everything I put in comes out spotless, your results without an ultrasonic cleaner may be less desirable, dunno never tried it without the ultrasonic.

510MOD

Manufacturer
Perhaps I can capture some of the difference in polish through camera. I will try later tonight. I had 2 from Greek Glass myself, but one of those cracked. It was used hard on a portable device where it was being directly heated by a 13mm donut and I may have left it on so I don't blame the insert or think it broke due to quality. The other Greek Glass insert was used daily for a year and is still like new.

I am trying not to push any bias and I want to be honest/open so I must admit I am a very happy wholesale buyer of @710Coils products. With that being said, I believe both products to be very comparable in quality and certainly in function. I would recommend Greek Glass any day.

I clean my rubies with a mix of ISO and baking soda. You mix it into a white slush mix and soak your insert for about 10 minutes. Q tip it clean and rinse with water and it will be like new. Easy peasy and quick too!

710Coils

Manufacturer
I've been looking at this now,

I would be very careful buying that until you confirm it will work with coils you might want. I am pretty sure they are wired differently than the industry standard and you will be stuck to whatever they offer. But will not be able to use stuff from other companies

710Coils

Manufacturer
I did replace the broken inserts and did everything to make sure you were happy. Ruby is very prone to breaking and I stand behind my gear 100%

Kins

I would be very careful buying that until you confirm it will work with coils you might want. I am pretty sure they are wired differently than the industry standard and you will be stuck to whatever they offer. But will not be able to use stuff from other companies

Haven't decided on that yet, just browsing around....Since I've been a member here I seem to be interested in every other vaping device.

Kins,
Reactions: 510MOD

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Kins Just message any company you want to buy from and ask them to let you know how they wire their units.

The standard is below:
Pin Layout
Pin 1:
AC Load
Pin 2: AC Neutral
Pin 3: TC+
Pin 4: TC-
Pin 5: Ground

biohacker

I did replace the broken inserts and did everything to make sure you were happy. Ruby is very prone to breaking and I stand behind my gear 100%

100% and I have in fact just pm'ed you regarding another order! It's completely possible that it was user error and i'm sure the vast majority have had no issues, especially e-nail/coil users. Just really weird, but I suspect that not every single one can be perfect when mass produced in China.
Fortunately you enable us to have them for a very affordable price too!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've been looking at this now,

I would grab an Auber RD300A from Auberins for a controller for a few reasons,
1. Boost Mode..especially if you are getting a SiC Halo, a couple presses of the control nob and the unit can be set to do a high heat auto clean then drop back to normal temps ready for your next sesh.
2. Rotary adjustment knob, these are so much better in day to day use than those tiny set buttons most PID controllers have.
3. Price....on sale for US$109
I would get a @710Coils flat heater for the DNail as his are better built (and rated for a higher wattage) than the DNail twin wrap I have.
I also have a DHGate 19mm Ruby insert that cost US$40 and it is great, just not as easy to live with as a SiC Halo.:2c:

Top Bottom