Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Tuck

Bubble Hash gets it name from this guy from the Overgrow days named Bubbleman. He used to say if it doesn't bubble its not worth the trouble. Anyways Bubble Hash is made with filter (Bubbleman) bags, ice water, and something to agitate everything. like a drill with a paint-mixer attachment. It was traditionally done on trim and trash.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Sorry I meant to say"water bubbles"as in it is the water that is bubbling.
I appreciate the info though and water washing was around long before bubble bags or bubble dudes.
Please excuse my attempt at humor......I blame the kieff.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No live resin in the menu. It appears to not be common in carts here. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a distillate. It pretty much all seems to be "full-spectrum cannabis oil"...

CybrGuy,
Reactions: arb

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I want to try that MUV Gold now that I know it is Diamonds in TerpSauce. My cousin let me try some diamonds from CO and they were tasty.

What's your opinion on TruLieve's THCA? It's also a solvent-less extract (ice water maybe? Definitely bubbles). I only just recently tried it but I love that stuff. You can dab it but I usually dip a rosin dab into it. A little bit goes a long way.

I haven't tried the Blue River carts either but from @invertedisdead's post, it sounds like they might be worth it. I hardly ever use carts these days. I would only use them when I went out for extended periods and I'm not doing that at the moment.

I love MUV’s Gold!

I like the THCA too. It’s very versatile! I’ve been putting it in cones.

I haven’t tried the Blue River carts either.

Vicki,
Reactions: arb

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My area of inquiry is about methods, more specifically portable methods for wax-type concentrate.
For wife and I, cannabis use is more than 60% flower, but some amount of concentrates have found their way into the house and have found purpose primarily for stealth use. I've taken a liking to the wax using a Terp-Pen. (I find oil concentrates to make me cough every time I use them, if not from the hit, then from some kind of irritation minutes later, but the wax is better for me in this regard.)
I know that wax and similar things are much less expensive 'out west', but my access is at $70 US (this includes tax) for a gram of wax, almost all other "similar"concentrates are more expensive (while tastier, no doubt!); I just need to stay in the lower strata.

This is a long way around to get back to my questions.
What portable works well for multiple hits, like, fill at home and take for a 1 hour walk? Or share a few hits with another without refilling. Have I got it wrong? Is wax best enjoyed one or two hits at a time, then refreshing the load (the Terp Pen).
I do not want a torch powered vape. Not real keen on a box mod vape, I'm looking at the Vivant Dabox, maybe something like that...
Last parameter is price; I'd really like to come in under $100, though I could possibly be convinced that more $ is worthwhile...

tia

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is wax best enjoyed one or two hits at a time, then refreshing the load (the Terp Pen).

Definitely.
Oils are cleaner which is why you can vape a whole gram of them in a cartridge without cleaning anything. With waxy concentrates and a load as you go wax pen you’ll want to clean or top up often.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Get a mod box and a sai,Sequoia.
Titanium bucket paired with the Poseidon bubbler and you viola.
Shelved my enail,banger,ssv quartz eok and all pens.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Bubble Hash gets it name from this guy from the Overgrow days named Bubbleman.

I still follow Marcus "Bubbleman" Richards, as he still puts out good educational and entertaining videos and other content. But I don't think he coined the term Bubble Hash. Pretty sure it was called that LONG before he was born. lol

It got it's name because of the way it would bubble when exposed to a flame, not because of Bubbleman. :smug:

Last edited:
Ramahs,
Reactions: Tuck

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I believe the term bubble hash refers to sieved trichomes looking like bubbles.
Bubbleman is well known for his macro photography of such.

4E8A7055.jpg

Also called water hash, ice wax, melt, beach sand, grease, headies. Probably more that I'm forgetting.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, it's not outstanding flavor but this (Outher Space) Liquid Live Resin (from Rythm) I got works quite well. As does the Uni Pro. Good choice on both counts...

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I'm curious and wonder if someone can answer this. Tiny back ground...here none of the dispensaries let you see what your buying in the store before you actually purchase (maybe because of covid; I didn't get my card until after it hit). So could someone tell me about the Trulieve syringes of concentrate...what is the consistency, runny, thick? Curious because I want to put that in my my portable vape. Currently, I take shatter or rosin and mix it with wax liquidizer so when I'm in public I don't "offend" anyone with the cannabis odor.

CrazyDiamond,

Buzzbomb Almighty

I'm a noob to dabbing, but after a few months and a couple of tanks of propane I've gone through a fair amount of shatter, (maybe an ounce all together). A $20 titanium nail and dome kit from China was an improvement over the quartz nail that came with a bubbler years ago. I was stocked up before the pandemic, but now it's time to put an order together.

Attachments

• 20200411_152244.jpg
    20200411_152244.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200330_145442.jpg
    20200330_145442.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20200322_095708.jpg
    20200322_095708.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 17
Buzzbomb Almighty,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Very nice supply but it looks like one of your containers is already empty 😲
That is my "Dab Pot".. all concentrate users need one!
That one was a gift from an FC member, @CharlieDontSurf
many years ago!
Below: Shopping Day again!!
DSC06396.jpg
The backs of the packets list the strains... they are all different, but I got 2 of the High Octane OG.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

If President's Choice made shatter, they'd call it Memories of Opium.
There's the same ritual aspect, imo.
As to whether it raises my tolerance, not a factor since I wasn't restricting my marijuana use before, and I think I may be using a bit less now. I suspect it balances out. Sometimes the rat hits the green pedal, and sometimes he hits the red pedal.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I've read it a few times but can you really dab cbd isolate? Are they all created equal or only specific types dab? The few things I read people were adding it to other dabables to smooth out thc harshness but can you dab it on its own? I'm interested in cbd concentrate but don't have access to anything legal but I can get grey market isolate. Is there anything I should know about isolate?

Bad Dog,
Reactions: ataxian

Gazaam

You don't need heat, UV light breaks down chlorophyll. The terpene will already be mostly all gone anyways in a long ethanol wash and THC will take longer to degrade than few hours of UV. I also just simplied it to demonstrate it is possible.
UV may break down chlorophyll, but what is it changed to? One thing's for sure: whatever it is, it has no medicinal value. Preferred method is to use a clay powder. There are commercially available powders designed specifically to clean shit out of solutions. The clay is white, you put it the in the soup after you've filtered it the end of the extraction process. Stir and heat gently and in a few minutes the clay turns quite dark and drops to the bottom of the vessel. Then filter your soup using a buchner funnel, and wash the filtrate in the buchner with some extra alcohol so you don't leave any goodies behind. Then boil off all the alcohol from the filtered solution and winterize the resin. These two steps together (i.e. clay and winterization) will produce a very high quality extract containing very very little of anything but the good stuff.

If you want to preserve the terpenes, I suggest you capture the alcohol vapour, condense it, and feed it back to the boiling alcohol. This is called refluxing. It is easily accomplished by placing a metal top upside down on the pot and keeping it cool by adding ice as required during the cook.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've read it a few times but can you really dab cbd isolate? Are they all created equal or only specific types dab? The few things I read people were adding it to other dabables to smooth out thc harshness but can you dab it on its own? I'm interested in cbd concentrate but don't have access to anything legal but I can get grey market isolate. Is there anything I should know about isolate?
Move to a logical society!

ataxian,
Top Bottom