Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there a big difference between e-rig like the Peak Pro or the Pockety and an e-nail or a banger heated by an axial coil?

And what about using, for example, a ball vape instead of those? I'm interested in flavor above all.

Yes I think they are all pretty different? They all will work, but different people have different tastes, having not tried all of them though I'm not such a fan of the erigs still personally for my style, and I wouldn't want to use a ball vape for dabbing either...

mixchu69

for the past 3 years, my favorite way to dab is my enail with the 30mm axial coil (ruby insert) all from @710Coils. It is so consistent.

I also have a peak pro with 3dxxl chamber. Really good portable alternative.

Both are great. I think you should ask yourself if you are going to primarily dab at home or on the go. I use my enail about 90% of time since I mainly dab at home.
I also like using my own glass and the all glass air path of the enail.

AndyO

Is there a big difference between e-rig like the Peak Pro or the Pockety and an e-nail or a banger heated by an axial coil?

And what about using, for example, a ball vape instead of those? I'm interested in flavor above all.

I'm brand new to concentrates, so far I've tried the Core 2.1, an Xmax Riggo e-rig, a Flowerpot Kettle with the dab in the top, and on flower in my Screwball.

The Riggo is a bit rubbish, it doesn't fire for long enough before it times out. The Core 2.1 is probably the best for flavour, but I don't find it particularly easy to use. The flavour in the Kettle is still really good, so when I'm trading off ease of use more often than not I'm reaching for the Kettle. The dab on top of flower in my Screwball just chokes me, and isn't really conducive to flavour-chasing, cos all you're going to taste is the flower.

I do have some of the hemp fibre to try using the Screwball without any flower, but apparently it's not a very common tactic, I couldn't find any suggestions of what temp to use if I'm doing that.

If I were having my time over, I'd definitely still get the Kettle, cos I'm using it for lots of things. But I might've spent the extra money on the Peak Pro just cos it seems a little easier and a little more fun to use than the core.

Last edited:

corvo

hey guys i have a question , i dab eventually rosin in my puffco but the last times i noticed it have less high , its for my tolerance or de rosin degrades in time? it press it like 1.5 year ago , i store in a siliccon dabber in the fridge

Vitolo

Vaporist
The only way I have fun with shatter is in a wide mouth glass shallow dish or jar, using a dab straw (especially a glass one).
This allows one to keep working with a re-hardening puddle of the shatter, and never having to handle it.
honey.jpg
P.S.- The little dab dish that I bring out to show was made by a member long ago as a gift. Thank You @charliedontsurf

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Surprisingly, I've mostly just been using a torch-heated glass dab-straw dipped directly in my concentrate jars in recent weeks...rather than using my glass and bangers/nails. I gotta admit, it's convenient...and very efficient with practice.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The Core 2.1 is probably the best for flavour, but I don't find it particularly easy to use.
What's giving you trouble? It should be one of the easiest rigs to use. I've been using mine almost every day for a few years now. Of course, it's not gonna slam like a torched banger, but it does produce some pretty thick clouds with just a hold of the button. I also find cold starts better in it.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It should be one of the easiest rigs to use.

Sure is!

Hits as well as my CH DCup with sapphire dish, at 1/5 the cost or more as you need a PID & water piece for that setup. Trick is to do proper and regular cleaning, as well as using the CUB adapter on a separate mod, for ceramic cup burn offs. For concentrates, I could live with this one device, over all my others….

AndyO

What's giving you trouble? It should be one of the easiest rigs to use. I've been using mine almost every day for a few years now. Of course, it's not gonna slam like a torched banger, but it does produce some pretty thick clouds with just a hold of the button. I also find cold starts better in it.

It just doesn't work as quickly or as easily as I think it's meant to.

Regardless of how much I clean everything, it gets sticky. So I do a cold start, it'll start bubbling but usually the terp pearl won't move when I start drawing on it. And the first 2 draws are rubbish, before you get some decent action on the 3rd and 4th. And I feel like I'm wasting it by the time I have to open it and use a dab tool to get the pearl moving and everything vaporising.

RustyOldNail

It just doesn't work as quickly or as easily as I think it's meant to.

Regardless of how much I clean everything, it gets sticky. So I do a cold start, it'll start bubbling but usually the terp pearl won't move when I start drawing on it. And the first 2 draws are rubbish, before you get some decent action on the 3rd and 4th. And I feel like I'm wasting it by the time I have to open it and use a dab tool to get the pearl moving and everything vaporising.

Forget the pearl, start simple. I use “rice grain” size of concentrate. I usually use the WHITE heat preset (2nd hottest). Wait till the vibration or just a little before, as I’m watching the bowl and can see the boiling action. Then I cap the bowl, spin the cap slowly, light to medium draw. Get my first big hit, cough, then get one more good one. Swab and repeat. Good luck!🍀

Axel_420

I have reduced my options to New Peak Pro and a barrel banger heated by an axial coil.
Have you tried these systems? What would you recommend and why?

I would only use it at home, and I prefer it to taste better even if I were to lose some power/intensity.

DogBoy

know fear
Every time I venture, I keep coming back to good old torch and DabRite.
...this except for the dab rite part...

...do you use a torch with the dab rite...?!?...

...I look at the dab rite but it looks a lot like everything I am trying to avoid...

DogBoy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
...this except for the dab rite part...

...do you use a torch with the dab rite...?!?...

...I look at the dab rite but it looks a lot like everything I am trying to avoid...
You are trying to avoid reading the temperature of your nail?

Grass Yes,
Reactions: mixchu69

AndyO

Forget the pearl, start simple. I use “rice grain” size of concentrate. I usually use the WHITE heat preset (2nd hottest). Wait till the vibration or just a little before, as I’m watching the bowl and can see the boiling action. Then I cap the bowl, spin the cap slowly, light to medium draw. Get my first big hit, cough, then get one more good one. Swab and repeat. Good luck!🍀

Thanks for the advice mate. I'm using the white heat as well, and also trying to get a visual on the bubbling.

Where did you learn to spin the cap? I haven't seen or read that anywhere, on the contrary I'd seen that it didn't have any of those "joystick cap" features.

RustyOldNail

Thanks for the advice mate. I'm using the white heat as well, and also trying to get a visual on the bubbling.

Where did you learn to spin the cap? I haven't seen or read that anywhere, on the contrary I'd seen that it didn't have any of those "joystick cap" features.

My Core came with a stock aluminum cap and tether. It has 4 angled holes. When you slowly rotate it, the oil is pushed about. Some suggest blocking two of the holes. The cap is put on top after the oil is boiling and you can see it. The Core will vibrate when it reaches its temp preset, but as I often use tiny amounts, I don’t trust the buzzer, but trust my eyes more, as I’m watching the oil as it’s heating. Many swear by terp balls, in many oil rigs. I’ve played with them, but find they make swabbing the bowl more work, and another thing to clean without offering me any noticeable difference so I don’t use them. There are many aftermarket caps, but the stock one works well enough for me.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

If you have the metal cap with 4 holes, then many would say you don't need a pearl. I fall in this category. The agitation created by the air through the holes is supposed to negate the need for a pearl. The times I've used one, I spent the whole time worrying or trying to get the thing to spin that I lost track of enjoying the dab.

I run it just like @RustyOldNail only I don't even twirl the cap. I just lift it every now and then to clear the hit.

I started a thread here on the Core erig where a bunch of us talk about how to use it. Also, DT has a reddit page with regular posts all about the Core 2 use:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.reddit.com/r/DivineTribeVaporizers/[/URL]

I really feel it's worth learning to use it. I haven't found anything new for concentrates that makes me want to replace it. I need to use something portable and it slams very well for me.

AndyO

Thanks again for the advice legends.

I've been using it 2-3 days a week, but hadn't really invested the effort into truly figuring it out after the instructionals that I read and watched didn't give me the answers I needed. It was working just good enough, but not something that I loved using. (I also find it a pain in the ass to clean.)

As I said, I hadn't seen anything about these holes negating the need for a terp pearl, nor had I seen anything about there being a benefit to spinning the cap - I'm super keen to give all these new methods a go tonight! Although I think the previous time without a ball scorched the bowl...so nervous also.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah, with a developed analog torching skill ya' just sort of get a developed instinct for how each of your individual nails should feel with a palm or wrist temp-check.

^ That can work better than an exact measured temp every time, with some practice, because everything requires a slightly different temp to vaporize best for that particular concentrate.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom