Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Sour Dream remind me again what you got? was it one of the turtles?? if so you can afford to be choosey because they were lovely and hard to top

thunderstealer1337

you definitely don’t need to clean it after every use. The buildup in the downstem removes extremely easily with iso or ethyl alcohol wipes. I go months between cleanings with no issue. Maybe if I was using it a lot more heavily I’d have to clean it more often, but IME the ceramic stays much cleaner than a glass rig. I use distilled water and dump it every night after using.

I was using iso in the bong at first, but I think soap and water is probably sufficient as long as you don’t let things get too nasty. A bottle brush is a valuable tool here. Most of the resin builds up on the downstem. If I take a flashlight to the chamber even after a month of use, it looks pretty dang clean to me.
W6L7Jgm.jpg
this is cleaned after every use only with water/soap

ViJGhEO.jpg
this is cleaned with iso after every use

i think pics speak for themselves, you cannot remove those stains once the cracked glazes - get stained.

and i think iso is way less hazardous chemical then acetone

thunderstealer1337

the only way i can see to get the glaze to clean up is smashing it into pieces, this was the entire reason of me cleaning it daily after use with ISO, i didnt want it to show nasty grey/brown things and explain to people when they look at it, that its just residual stuff that I couldn't clean off.

Bad Dog

I may have said so jokingly but I do think I know how to clean it but I wasn't kidding about being controversial. I'd direct you to the discussion in the flowerpot thread but the search function is not working right now and it was a while ago so you won't find it quickly. if you interested pm me and I'll tell you if you want to know but I don't want to post it in the thread and potentially someone ruining their Vapbong on my say so.

Bad Dog,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
you definitely don’t need to clean it after every use. The buildup in the downstem removes extremely easily with iso or ethyl alcohol wipes. I go months between cleanings with no issue. Maybe if I was using it a lot more heavily I’d have to clean it more often, but IME the ceramic stays much cleaner than a glass rig. I use distilled water and dump it every night after using.

I was using iso in the bong at first, but I think soap and water is probably sufficient as long as you don’t let things get too nasty. A bottle brush is a valuable tool here. Most of the resin builds up on the downstem. If I take a flashlight to the chamber even after a month of use, it looks pretty dang clean to me.
My first three bottle brush purchases still aren't small enough for the OAB. The VB is easier to get into but I don't have a satisfactory cleaning method for either one yet.

The apple cider vinegar is intriguing. Is soapy water really capable on its own without shaking?

I can't imagine trying to get my j-hooks or even bubblers clean with just soap and hot water

@thunderstealer1337 I dunno what to tell you, I have crazing on my downstem like in your first photo, and any buildup comes clean easily with an iso wipe. Who said anything about acetone?

@bossman soapy water seems sufficient for the main chamber, but as I said earlier, I haven't really noticed any appreciable buildup there. I wouldn't rely on soapy water to clean the downstem - it needs iso and some elbow grease in my experience.

letter never sent,
Reactions: bossman

Berzzerkker

I'm not familiar with this "elbow grease" where might it be found, amazon? :rofl:

But seriously, I looked online for cleaning ceramic coffee mugs and found this:

The method: Mix a bit of tap water into baking soda so that you get a thick paste. Dab your scrubby sponge into the paste and use it to clean the mug. (You can also make the paste right in the mug if you don’t want to dirty another dish!) Rinse when you’re done.

How it went: Of course baking soda wins here; it’s such a great cleaner! While the baking soda paste did get a little gloopy in the mug, it was endlessly satisfying to watch it work. Baking soda’s grittiness makes a paste that’s just abrasive enough to get the job done and leaves behind no odor or flavors that could ruin your next brew. Plus, you probably already have a box in your pantry and it’s inexpensive!

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
and i think iso is way less hazardous chemical then acetone
Yeah nah, without getting into the LD50s (to lazy) but they are online.
The NIOSH (US health exposure limits) are
400 ppm for ISO
1000 ppm for acetone.

Neither are particularly dangerous in the grand scheme of things when
used with some (un)common sense.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Bad Dog

so my secret has been discovered :lol: I do advise caution in using this product cause you can easily turn your Vapbong into a science fair volcano, getting foam everywhere , maybe even into the heater if your not cautious. but it is technically for ceramic and is supposed to rinse away clean without residue. does a amazing job getting burnt on resin off my dabbing equipment and glass bongs with zero effort and minimal time.

Edit: visionary or madman I'll let you decide but somebody had to be the first to use iso at some point despite it being poisonous and that caught on :dog:

conversation starts here

EDIT,Edit: I should have known saying it was secret and forbidden but telling you where to find it wouldn't keep it secret for long!
for anyone brave or foolhardy enough to try I'd recommend cleaning a clear bong in a sink to contain any potential spillage first to get a idea of powder and hot water amounts to use and so you can see what is happening without letting the chemical reaction become to much. again I caution anyone from trying this stuff as it is dangerous if mishandled because of its caustic nature while the reaction is happening and as far as I know no one else has used this stuff before for cleaning something you inhale from so long term health effects of potential residue inhaled is unknown. I've refined the process I use and if anyone is interested pm me for my updated method and improved post reaction cleaning procedure.

Last edited:

vapirtoo

This sounds like the old bleach and hydrogen peroxide volcano!
The reaction result is salt water.
I've been using cranberry extract in my water to make
cleaning easier.
Dawn soap , hot water and brushes seems to work for now.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
FML - looks like my VapBong Mini was lost in transit, but I have to wait a few more days for it to disposition with UPS before I can file a claim/complain as they’re not calling it officially lost yet, since they’re still looking for it. Perhaps it wasn’t meant to be.
Ups kept fuckin up when I ordered as well, took a month to get here. I hope they find it quickly

Texus

FML - looks like my VapBong Mini was lost in transit, but I have to wait a few more days for it to disposition with UPS before I can file a claim/complain as they’re not calling it officially lost yet, since they’re still looking for it. Perhaps it wasn’t meant to be.
Still waiting on mine too. Probably sent around the same time (20th or so?). But I've had these sorts of delays as Colly works its way thru customs and international travel.

Dreadvik

There is no rhyme or reason. They just added three new art edition's to the page, the YinYang, and two more tile designs. Sometimes they drop a lot, other times months can go by (from what i'm told) before new ones pop up. The conventional wisdom is that if you see something you really like - jump on it fast. If you're looking for lots of options, be weary - as quite often when they do have a new drop, some of the most unique designs are sold instantly.

As with most things in life - patience pays off... but what it really boils down to is what you want vs what they have. If you want a particular model that isn't standard production (OAB, 2AB, Berserker, VapBong Mini, etc) - i'd suggest waiting until they're available - as all the aforementioned are sold out. If on the other hand you're just looking for a standard VapBong, or a VapBong with a more unique design - you might want to jump on the one that best catches your eye now - depending on your patience level and other vapes you currently own.

After going back and looking at EVERY picture in this thread, reading all the content and chatting with a few Colly enthusiasts, I decided a Mini art edition was best for me. It functions the same as the full size, hits as hard according to Colly and owners, and it isn't any harsher/rougher than the full size.... so the Mini appeals to me, since it'll take up less space, and has a tidier look/appearance. It's supposed to show up this week, but if I love it - I'll carefully watch future drops and be in no rush to buy my "ideal" Colly piece, as i'll have the Mini Art Edition to enjoy and appreciate whilst I patently wait.

Just remember - you're dealing with a grass roots group of colorful people who march to their own beat and go where the wind takes them... not a tightly run corporation focused on maximizing output, meeting customer needs, etc. They build what they want, how they want, when they want - so trying to read the tea leaves to figure out when they'll have your perfect one-off product is an exercise in futility. My .02 - decide on a model/style - then buy the first one that pops up in stock that you appreciate the look of, and would enjoy having in your home... or be incredibly patient and be prepared to wait months, year or perhaps never find that ideal Colly you want, in stock. If I like my first, I don't care if it takes years of waiting to get my second.

Most people here seem to eventually buy everything anyways 😁
Wow proper reply cheers! I've mulled it over from your advice and think I want a vapbong mini or a oab too! The classics look huge hehe

Now it's just the wait and snipe when they land next!

Thanks very much for the input!!

JollyGreenGiant

Wow proper reply cheers! I've mulled it over from your advice and think I want a vapbong mini or a oab too! The classics look huge hehe

Now it's just the wait and snipe when they land next!

Thanks very much for the input!!
Happy to help. If my Mini ever shows up, I'll post my initial thoughts, and thoughts after a bit of use in this thread.

PossumMD

Sweet lordy Jesus... That was a fun hour and a half. Filled the bit in the ball with the screen to the lip, got 90% of it in the first rip, but there was a bit that wasn't vaped fully. Quick stir, and another pull and it was done. I usually put in just enough to barely cover the screen of my fw7, so this amount floored me and as always was surprised when a desktop kills a bowl in one rip.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Sweet lordy Jesus... That was a fun hour and a half. Filled the bit in the ball with the screen to the lip, got 90% of it in the first rip, but there was a bit that wasn't vaped fully. Quick stir, and another pull and it was done. I usually put in just enough to barely cover the screen of my fw7, so this amount floored me and as always was surprised when a desktop kills a bowl in one rip.
What voltage you running? Any pics?

Sour Dream,

PossumMD

Haven't taken any pics to be honest. I don't really take em, I have like 5 photos on FB, and that account is 14yrs old now... Anyway, set it to 11.8, it dropped to 10.9. got most of it nice and dark first hit, so I doubt I'm gonna get adventurous with the dial...

Top Bottom