Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

@jbm they probably aren’t, I just happened to get some to try and liked them so I bought more. I didn’t even think about going to the drugstore to be honest but yeah that’s probably cheaper!

letter never sent,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I brought out my OG plum jelly bandit for the first time in a long while, since before getting my tahiti grape, which was only used once or twice since getting my celestial blue mini lol (the problem is that I got a lot of new glass along with cloud connoisseur plugin vapes during this time as well, so haven't been using my Collyland bandits as much as they deserve lately...) There is still something special about it, still working great, runs on the higher end, around 11v, for very nice smooth extraction. Need to keep it from getting dusty and maintain the rotation, the cleaning and the water swapping feel a bit more involved, though there is such great reward, overall just a wonderful experience!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
So it seems I have done a bonehead move, I let everclear sit in my unit overnight since I don’t want to shake the thing up, and I noticed the level was quite a bit different to the night prior.

Turns out it all soaked deep into the ceramic, started seeping through the bottom, made the ink bleed the “jaxel” and “CollyLand” writing on the bottom and started bleeding resin out of the sides haha. Wow. I guess I should have seen that coming but I didn’t expect it.

so much alcohol vapour in my hoots now, can definitely taste and feel it. It still keeps coming from the bottom too, hopefully that stops soon.

thunderstealer1337

Wow hopefully it airs out soon, this is kinda why I sold my vapbongs, the cleaning ritual was way too frequent (I washed with iso after every use) if not you get nasty brown buildup that gets caked into the cracks of the glazes and you can't get it off

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Wow hopefully it airs out soon, this is kinda why I sold my vapbongs, the cleaning ritual was way too frequent (I washed with iso after every use) if not you get nasty brown buildup that gets caked into the cracks of the glazes and you can't get it off
This was a few days ago actually, I let it sit near a heater and a fan blowing on it for a day and it didn’t really help hah.

I would never ever use iso in a bong like this, hence why I opted for everclear. ISO is associated with cancer formation and I would not trust it to be all gone from the ceramic even with just a quick clean. I’ll just be sticking with warm water and soap from now on.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
This was a few days ago actually, I let it sit near a heater and a fan blowing on it for a day and it didn’t really help hah.

I would never ever use iso in a bong like this, hence why I opted for everclear. ISO is associated with cancer formation and I would not trust it to be all gone from the ceramic even with just a quick clean. I’ll just be sticking with warm water and soap from now on.
Damn that is crazy, you think the alcohol will ever fully evaporate?
I use Dark Crystal Glass cleaner for the same reasons, I don’t fuck with iso anymore

Sour Dream,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

Try blowing with a hair drier through it and leave it while it is warm,if needed repeat .

Abysmal Vapor,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
So it seems I have done a bonehead move, I let everclear sit in my unit overnight since I don’t want to shake the thing up, and I noticed the level was quite a bit different to the night prior.

Turns out it all soaked deep into the ceramic, started seeping through the bottom, made the ink bleed the “jaxel” and “CollyLand” writing on the bottom and started bleeding resin out of the sides haha. Wow. I guess I should have seen that coming but I didn’t expect it.

so much alcohol vapour in my hoots now, can definitely taste and feel it. It still keeps coming from the bottom too, hopefully that stops soon.
Very sorry to hear that :(

Although now maybe you could give alcohol vaporization a try :lol:

vaporoufixtras,

you definitely don’t need to clean it after every use. The buildup in the downstem removes extremely easily with iso or ethyl alcohol wipes. I go months between cleanings with no issue. Maybe if I was using it a lot more heavily I’d have to clean it more often, but IME the ceramic stays much cleaner than a glass rig. I use distilled water and dump it every night after using.

I was using iso in the bong at first, but I think soap and water is probably sufficient as long as you don’t let things get too nasty. A bottle brush is a valuable tool here. Most of the resin builds up on the downstem. If I take a flashlight to the chamber even after a month of use, it looks pretty dang clean to me.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
CompleteKit-768x960.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

Shit Snacks

Reminder that it was suggested by jaxel to use apple cider vinegar for cleaning instead of alcohol... That also has a strong smell and needs some airing out afterwards though! I will use a little of that, after I iso wipe the down stem, then I will rinse with hot water, maybe I will try a little soap this time we'll see... I agree the cleaning here is a little tedious which is why I don't do it very often at all, I don't change my water nightly, but I don't use it daily, now I try not to let the same water sit for more than a few days though (used to go much longer, and I still go longer with my glass water pieces, as I now use distilled water and drop down adapters, and have so much glass to mix up the frequency)

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Damn that is crazy, you think the alcohol will ever fully evaporate?
I use Dark Crystal Glass cleaner for the same reasons, I don’t fuck with iso anymore
I’m sure it’ll eventually find its way out.
Very sorry to hear that :(

Oh yeah, that’s why I used everclear in the first place just in case something like this happened. I’ve been hiting it no problem but there is a very discernible amount of facial warmth that I know isn’t from the weed. If you know what I mean.

DonnaMo

Can anyone help an old lady out? I have searched the threads but didn’t see this issue. My classic vapbong stopped working 😭 The heater coil is still heating up but it now hangs against the wall of the unit (if you look up into it). Therefore it only vaporizes the very far side of the bowl (not enough to vaporize, I even tried turning the temp up). I have tried moving the heater coil back to center but it flops against the wall. I didn’t even move the device and this started happening. Can anyone help? I love my vapbong 😭

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Can anyone help an old lady out? I have searched the threads but didn’t see this issue. My classic vapbong stopped working 😭 The heater coil is still heating up but it now hangs against the wall of the unit (if you look up into it). Therefore it only vaporizes the very far side of the bowl (not enough to vaporize, I even tried turning the temp up). I have tried moving the heater coil back to center but it flops against the wall. I didn’t even move the device and this started happening. Can anyone help? I love my vapbong 😭
Mines actually touched the wall too but still works, it came like that tho. Wonder if I should send an email

Sour Dream,

Shit Snacks

Mines actually touched the wall too but still works, it came like that tho. Wonder if I should send an email

Mine touches, it hasn't been a problem, that is normal, @NimChimpsky had one I think that he did move, because it was a little off, you need to be very careful, if that is a problem, but it shouldn't be? @DonnaMo

DonnaMo

Mine touches, it hasn't been a problem, that is normal, @NimChimpsky had one I think that he did move, because it was a little off, you need to be very careful, if that is a problem, but it shouldn't be? @DonnaMo
I don’t understand why I am not getting vapor anymore. That is the only change I have noticed. Do you have any suggestions on what I may try considering the heating coil is still heating up. Thanks for any help in advance.

DonnaMo,

Shit Snacks

I don’t understand why I am not getting vapor anymore. That is the only change I have noticed. Do you have any suggestions on what I may try considering the heating coil is still heating up. Thanks for any help in advance.

Hmm maybe checking the seal of the ball bowl is the only thing I can think of, hopefully nims will check in soon! Hang in there :\

NimChimpsky

Hey there, sorry to hear about your troubles. So it sounds like the coil is still heating up (glows) but you've noticed it in a different position than it normally is? And it's not hitting as efficiently/evenly now? Or is it not hitting at all?

In general, I don't think the coil touching the wall is improper. Some touch and others don't, I don't think that's an issue. I did notice there was some give in my OAB heater a while back and it affected the performance if it wasn't in the proper (pulled snug) position. I tried to find the long post I made about my theory and how I resolved my issue but the search function is not yielding all the results for some reason. It's in here though, but I don't know if this is the same issue because my OAB still hit fairly effectively even in the 'less optimal' position. Obviously, email Daniel but maybe you can get it snugly in the center position. However, be very careful with messing with the cord because Collyland has specifically said that pulling or putting too much pressure on it could cause a disconnection in the heater.

Last edited:

jbm

In general, I don't think the coil touching the wall is improper. Some touch and others don't, I don't think that's an issue.
The coil in my OAB touches the wall. When I first noticed it, I emailed Collyland a picture and asked about it. They replied that it was completely normal and sent a pic of one of their own pieces with the coil against the wall.

Last edited:

Dreadvik

Thinking of grabbing one of these but noticed as I've been hesitating a while that there are less of them on their site now. Do they do regular drops or am I better off scooping now before they all go? I'm uk based.

Cheers

JollyGreenGiant

Thinking of grabbing one of these but noticed as I've been hesitating a while that there are less of them on their site now. Do they do regular drops or am I better off scooping now before they all go? I'm uk based.

Cheers
There is no rhyme or reason. They just added three new art edition's to the page, the YinYang, and two more tile designs. Sometimes they drop a lot, other times months can go by (from what i'm told) before new ones pop up. The conventional wisdom is that if you see something you really like - jump on it fast. If you're looking for lots of options, be weary - as quite often when they do have a new drop, some of the most unique designs are sold instantly.

As with most things in life - patience pays off... but what it really boils down to is what you want vs what they have. If you want a particular model that isn't standard production (OAB, 2AB, Berserker, VapBong Mini, etc) - i'd suggest waiting until they're available - as all the aforementioned are sold out. If on the other hand you're just looking for a standard VapBong, or a VapBong with a more unique design - you might want to jump on the one that best catches your eye now - depending on your patience level and other vapes you currently own.

After going back and looking at EVERY picture in this thread, reading all the content and chatting with a few Colly enthusiasts, I decided a Mini art edition was best for me. It functions the same as the full size, hits as hard according to Colly and owners, and it isn't any harsher/rougher than the full size.... so the Mini appeals to me, since it'll take up less space, and has a tidier look/appearance. It's supposed to show up this week, but if I love it - I'll carefully watch future drops and be in no rush to buy my "ideal" Colly piece, as i'll have the Mini Art Edition to enjoy and appreciate whilst I patently wait.

Just remember - you're dealing with a grass roots group of colorful people who march to their own beat and go where the wind takes them... not a tightly run corporation focused on maximizing output, meeting customer needs, etc. They build what they want, how they want, when they want - so trying to read the tea leaves to figure out when they'll have your perfect one-off product is an exercise in futility. My .02 - decide on a model/style - then buy the first one that pops up in stock that you appreciate the look of, and would enjoy having in your home... or be incredibly patient and be prepared to wait months, year or perhaps never find that ideal Colly you want, in stock. If I like my first, I don't care if it takes years of waiting to get my second.

Most people here seem to eventually buy everything anyways 😁

Arawfish

Green Thumb
to add to what the Giant said, (excellent response by the way, couldn’t have said it better ) I purchased what I thought was my least favourite glaze (tree frog) because it was pretty much my only financially viable option. When it arrived and I had it in my hands I fell in love with the glaze and everything about it and I came to realize it ultimately doesn’t matter to much which one it was, they all function the same and I pretty much guarantee you’ll be happy with whatever you end up going with.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm a wait and see'er but I'm glad those meditating cats are sold out........ that was tough to resist :uhoh: had it been a dog that would have been another story:lol: I'm definitely waiting for the perfect one since I have vapes that shred my face off and more incoming so vas is happening on other fronts:dog: I want something that is a real centrepiece and totally speaks to me. I know it will be a art edition but when will it be there ??????? the cat was soooooo close and that wizard from a while back was another one I thought about. I know one day there will be one I can't resist, these things just keep getting more beautiful as time goes on so I can only imagine what it will be like when I see the one?????? maybe a wolf sitting, with its head up howling Vapbong wit the wolfs mouth as the mouthpiece and the heater, ball, downstem bulge, its tail???

Top Bottom